Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

I want a Watto Star Wars spinoff that rips off Uncut Gems now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

amber's not gonna gently caress you because you waved away her lovely take(s). get a better waifu

(I don't actually know who Kath is, aside from my previous comments about bottomless pits.)

PawParole posted:

T-Mans avatar really suits them.

behead those who insult Amber

It's T-man, why do people always capitalize it wrong? Also your opinion of me is that of a coward, too afraid to see what true posting power means. Open your brown eye and embrace the art.

e: also trueanon has come out in favor of anime body pillows, get owned

T-man has issued a correction as of 01:26 on Mar 30, 2020

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nobodys loving anybody. its quarantine

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
T-man is right, trying to get laid is the only reason to ever talk about something a woman said or did and since we're all quarantined the internet is now just for the fellas

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ambore

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Can jus talk about video games if this is what happens when we talk about podcasts?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

breath of fire ii was the best rpg for snes

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

T-man is right, trying to get laid is the only reason to ever talk about something a woman said or did and since we're all quarantined the internet is now just for the fellas

I don’t want to have sex with amber.

I want to marry her and have racially ambiguous kids with her who’s face she can smoke in ( because cigarette smoke is good for children’s lungs)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I just wish I could be as cool as Amber.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

Can jus talk about video games if this is what happens when we talk about podcasts?

I'm still pissed that my island has apples. Apples are the worst goddamn fruit

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

I don’t want to have sex with amber.

I want to marry her and have racially ambiguous kids with her who’s face she can smoke in ( because cigarette smoke is good for children’s lungs)

So basically you want the same thing as the rest of us, just with extra steps

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

everybody in cspam doesn't even play shooters, they're losers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
who cares about sex, just let me get some of that sweet podcast cash

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

I want a Watto Star Wars spinoff that rips off Uncut Gems now

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"Yo bana pee ho-tah meendee ya" roughly translates to "im gonna cum"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

breath of fire ii was the best rpg for snes

this is a hard sell on a console packed to the gills with RPGs, especially when I've got games like Harvest Moon and Terranigma to choose from

that being said, the Breath of Fire games own

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

pokemon peaked at gen 2

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

pokemon peaked at gen 2

anything before those things called Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin and you're good to go

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
gen 2 is some loving kids fever dream, it sounds fake to say when you beat the 8 gyms you go BACK kanto and beat the 8 gyms there and you can fight red on mt silver with a level 80 pikachu. like mew under the truck poo poo, but its true

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm playing neverwinter and reminiscing about my teen years reading awful forgotten realm books

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Percelus posted:

i'm playing neverwinter and reminiscing about my teen years reading awful forgotten realm books

You also read the Dark Elf trilogy?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

do you have fusion dances in all the breath of fire games or just the first? i only played the first but the wolf fish man fusion was wild stuff

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Crowsbeak posted:

You also read the Dark Elf trilogy?

yes, yes i did

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Percelus posted:

do you have fusion dances in all the breath of fire games or just the first? i only played the first but the wolf fish man fusion was wild stuff

there's no fusion in 3, and I don't think Dragon Quarter has it either

you do get this tutor system where you can randomly meet people in the world that will let you apprentice with them and teach you their abilities

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Percelus posted:

in the second you combine with anime girls that represent elements, they change your characters' forms into fun stuff

i mostly said bof2 as a hot take; the graphics are sub-par for the system as a whole, and the writing port and translation are trash-tier. but it's hard, which is something that can't be said of many other rpg's of the era. there are a ton of secrets, the boss fights are legit, and though i've started maybe fifty playthroughs i've only beat it once because the final dungeon is a real challenge even with gamefaqs. it doesn't get nearly as gimmicky with instakill stuff like ffvi etc

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the Breath of Fire games do not gently caress around and you'll be better served engaging with the battle system than grinding out levels

the EXP counts at the higher levels get completely absurd

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

the Breath of Fire games do not gently caress around and you'll be better served engaging with the battle system than grinding out levels

the EXP counts at the higher levels get completely absurd

yeah 2 has a major problem with that, as well as that stat bonuses slow to a dribble on each future level-up after like ~48 so going to 99 is pointless. grinding is necessary every once in awhile until then, though. there's even a secret grinding spot in the game

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

T-man posted:

pokemon peaked at gen 2

wrong, platinum is the best pokemon game

if it had infinite TMs it would be perfect

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/trueanon

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i've never played a breath of fire but i'm going to weigh in with my video game opinion anyway

secret of mana was the best rpg on the snes

mostly because of the soundtrack, it's etched on the inside of my skull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvlyTCtCPBs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

music was great, combat was fun, it was fast-paced. i had the multitap so all three people could play, but that made casting spells suck

edit best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrMDbcIxmXE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alpha Sapphire is the best Pokemon game

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

T-man posted:

amber's not gonna gently caress you because you waved away her lovely take(s). get a better waifu

(I don't actually know who Kath is, aside from my previous comments about bottomless pits.)

It's T-man, why do people always capitalize it wrong? Also your opinion of me is that of a coward, too afraid to see what true posting power means. Open your brown eye and embrace the art.

e: also trueanon has come out in favor of anime body pillows, get owned

My waifu is T-man's mom. I'm your dad now T

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Percelus posted:

i never read the books but i have an old ripped copy of nwn. i bought it when it came out and think i only got to the second town. booting it up now, lord help me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

135 fish bait later and still no stringfish :shepface:

I've caught every other rare fish, so I guess this is my penance

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hardon Crime posted:

My waifu is T-man's mom. I'm your dad now T

my dad raped my mother when I was 11, it caused a nasty divorce but we had to move back in with him to save money. Eventually my mom had a complete mental health breakdown (at which point she began being physically abusive to my father and the people around her), I only found out she's still alive because there was a newstory about some homeless women getting kicked out of shelter after COVID poo poo.

Go gently caress yourself.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

my dad raped my mother when I was 11, it caused a nasty divorce but we had to move back in with him to save money. Eventually my mom had a complete mental health breakdown (at which point she began being physically abusive to my father and the people around her), I only found out she's still alive because there was a newstory about some homeless women getting kicked out of shelter after COVID poo poo.

I know you've repeatedly said otherwise but there really is such a thing as oversharing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

totally forgot that neverwinter nights starts with a horrific disease and city quarantine

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

T-man posted:

i think you need a healthier outlet for your trauma than bludgeoning random people on a grey forum with it. have you considered going to E/N and never leaving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

oh poo poo, biden's starting a podcast

e: correction, he's starting another one

e2: I can't find it anywhere online but it was indexed on podcast addict's search somehow. https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/961768.rss

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 05:27 on Mar 30, 2020