Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Blow posted:

What were we talking about again?

Blow posted:

Not to be a oval office, but (<-- :lol:) this is just the start of this virus.

Wait until the slums in Brazil, Kenya, and Campbelltown get it. And those refugee camps in Turkey.

:350:

Blow posted:

My grandfather taught me how to milk a cow.

You can squirt from the udder into your mouth.

These could have been a singular post but I guess your post count is more important than making legible things happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Blow posted:

Not to be a oval office, but (<-- :lol:) this is just the start of this virus.

Wait until the slums in Brazil, Kenya, and Campbelltown get it. And those refugee camps in Turkey.

:350:

I know dude, we aren't even close to the bad bit yet. I'm seeing alot first hand that is barely making it to the news yet and I have no idea how we pull through. Had several cases from nursing home deaths today at a facility with confirmed cases which sucked hard but suprisingly hardest case today was helping a family who have someone still alive at the same place.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

These could have been a singular post but I guess your post count is more important than making legible things happen

I was replying to individual posts fuckwit.

:love:

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
free nvj

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Dunno if you guys saw it but the government released an app with corona virus information and apparently a way to report in via it. Look for Coronavirua Australia on your app store.

They also released a WhatsApp bot which you can access at https://aus.gov.au/whatsapp but I'm not sure how useful it is.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Severing posted:

Dunno if you guys saw it but the government released an app with corona virus information and apparently a way to report in via it. Look for Coronavirua Australia on your app store.

I downloaded it last night. It still needs some work.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

walked by a Greek hosing down his paved driveway

ili
Jul 26, 2003

100%. The poor fella just got laid off from his job as the bloke who lays out the tomato and barbecue sauces at the Underwood Bunnings. Next week he was going to get promoted to doing the mustards too. Just let him shitpost here to lessen the blow. I think in these trying times it's very important to lessen the blow as much as possible.

Tokamak posted:

walked by a Greek hosing down his paved driveway

Essential services mate.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Well you’re not gonna hose down a gravel driveway are ya?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Entered the strange new world of staff meetings via zoom todday. Apart from people talking over others the only other thing that was odd was where people decided to conduct their meetings. A couple of people looked like they'd phoned in from the basement while I looked super illuminated I'm sure in no small part by my dual monitors and the fishtank lights in the background of the shot.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just want to thank scomo for managing to leave temporary visa holders out of two rounds of financial relief so far. He realises we can't go home either because we're Australian residents for tax purposes, right? We're just going to starve.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Everything's hosed in that regard, I've been trying to help my friends with working hol visas pad their resumes etc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It was all a bit disappointing for one family who had headed to Canberra for the first time because their church in Sydney was closed.

Milly Tuisalega thought that Canberra was "nice" but she and her family were disappointed at the lack of KFCs. They had been to Parliament House and found it closed.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What on earth

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Hahah, oh man, they shoulda got a durian ice cream instead

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Entered the strange new world of staff meetings via zoom todday. Apart from people talking over others the only other thing that was odd was where people decided to conduct their meetings. A couple of people looked like they'd phoned in from the basement while I looked super illuminated I'm sure in no small part by my dual monitors and the fishtank lights in the background of the shot.

Our meeting yesterday took 80 minutes. In person it only ever takes about half an hour.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
How is everyone coping with lockdown? Still enjoying the novelty of it or totally over it already?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's not so bad because I've got work to do but it's getting pretty boring.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
My car has never been washed this regularly in its life.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Went to docs office this morning, as I have mild symptoms, and they are not loving about.

Not allowed to enter the office and told to go wait in my car for a phone consultation, receptionist made it sound like they're likely to test me.

So that's my morning this far.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Went to docs office this morning, as I have mild symptoms, and they are not loving about.

Not allowed to enter the office and told to go wait in my car for a phone consultation, receptionist made it sound like they're likely to test me.

So that's my morning this far.

Australia is doing a lot of testing relative to other places. Last week we were at 558 per 100,000 people compared to 117 in the UK and 22 in the US.

We've had some unforgivable gently caress ups, but overall we have our poo poo more together than most other countries.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lolie posted:

How is everyone coping with lockdown? Still enjoying the novelty of it or totally over it already?

i'm going out of my way to not leave the house but when the smoke alarm started doing its dead battery beep that sort of seemed important enough so I went down to the petrol station/hardware store/general store/post office/chinese takeaway and I wound up with 3L of milk, a bunch of seeds and a DVD copy of "hail caesar" bc I just missed buying things on a whim

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I've noticed that people seem to be getting more irritable online. I wonder how long that will last and how much worse it will get.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

how should I know? gently caress you!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Lolie posted:

Person at misso's work is being tested and is in isolation

I have chosen to self isolate given that I work in a school.

I hate it

I love my work and I feel like I'm scamming the system. It bites tbh

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

as soon as I made that post that I thought was v funny my dishwasher started making horrible noises so rest assured I will almost certainly receive karmic justice for it

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Jestery posted:

Person at misso's work is being tested and is in isolation

I have chosen to self isolate given that I work in a school.

I hate it

I love my work and I feel like I'm scamming the system. It bites tbh

I'm now working from home as a teacher and it's really loving odd. Like I'm super productive but I don't feel as though I'm connected to students in the same way as I was when standing in front of them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lolie posted:

Australia is doing a lot of testing relative to other places. Last week we were at 558 per 100,000 people compared to 117 in the UK and 22 in the US.

We've had some unforgivable gently caress ups, but overall we have our poo poo more together than most other countries.

Got a referral to get tested this afternoon :suicide:

Looks like they've relaxed testing requirements as I haven't been overseas/been in contact with someone overseas (Other than dropping off groceries to Dad on his porch)
Talked to the boss who freaked the gently caress out thinking he'd have to shut down immediately. Well.. like... loving people have been asking to work from home for like the last 2 weeks, that's you're own loving fault for having to stress about this.

All things being equal I'm very glad I live in Australia, I know I'm going to get looked after, and I've already done all my prep work if I have to go into quarantine.
I wish we were more stringent about this, and think we do need to lock the country down for a few weeks, but I 100% agree that we're doing better than other countries.

Can you imagine being in America during this poo poo? Estimated deaths are between 200,00 - 1 million+
Fuckin sort it out

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Got a referral to get tested this afternoon :suicide:

Looks like they've relaxed testing requirements as I haven't been overseas/been in contact with someone overseas (Other than dropping off groceries to Dad on his porch)

Likely this will continue as community/untraceable transmission rises.

As of today for NSW -

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Think it's prudent, was listening to the news this morning and they've mentioned testing is dropping off.

Doctors keep saying test test test test
Lets test.

It's likely to be just a flu/cold, but I'm not going to be that oval office in a zombie movie that doesn't tell the group they've been bitten.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

I wish we were more stringent about this, and think we do need to lock the country down for a few weeks, but I 100% agree that we're doing better than other countries.

It's hard to find the right balance point. The objective isn't to stop everyone from getting it. It's to stop vulnerable people from getting it at all and to slow down the spread among others enough that there's no danger of our healthcare system being overwhelmed.

Right now we're on track to cope with the expected surge mid-April, but a significant increase in the number of cases among healthcare workers could quickly change that.

I think we could be doing more, but what we require of the general population needs to be simple. I've seen the letters being sent out by the NHS in the UK and they're confusing people because they're not simple enough. We're following their strategy, but we need to implement it better than they did.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Doctors keep saying test test test test
Lets test.

We really need to continue aggressive testing once an antibody test becomes available, too.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lolie posted:

Working from home is great, I've never been more productive. It's also good I have an extra couple of hours to do my own poo poo during the day. The not being able to leave part is a bit of a downer though and I couldn't imagine how poo poo it would be if I lived on my own or with someone I didn't get on well with.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I used to live in a sharehouse and I wonder how that place is going

Jestery fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 31, 2020

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wonder if the dentist is open

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My dentist is still open, they sent an e-mail about how they're so good at avoiding cross contamination that you don't have to worry. I mostly believe them, I guess.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I bought a VR headset so I can experience the joy of buying toilet paper.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gotta get a tooth removed but maybe if I just ignore it another year itll disintegrate on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Lolie posted:

I thank China every day