Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

You wouldn't download a Dave's Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

e: what a snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I mean on one hand I personally love physical media, especially with video games because you actually own it and won't have to rely on servers being active in the future to re-download your purchases.

But then you get games that don't even have the full game on the disc (see Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5) or games with essential updates that aren't baked into the print (see "the Day 1 patch"). There's no real win in the current system, so you have to simply play in the now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Krispy Wafer posted:

The number of GameStops even after they close 300 stores is mind blowing. There are as many GameStops as there are Wendy’s, but Wendy’s can’t go obsolete because no one is downloading Dave’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich.

...yet

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

The number of GameStops even after they close 300 stores is mind blowing. There are as many GameStops as there are Wendy’s, but Wendy’s can’t go obsolete because no one is downloading Dave’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
Given the poo poo quality at one of two local Wendy's locations, I would absolutely download rather than drive 20 minutes to get there, and if I was doing that I would drive 12 minutes to get to Burger King instead.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

walrusman posted:

Yo that’s a real good snype

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

walrusman posted:

Can you download a Chick-Fil-A sandwich on Sunday?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GWBBQ posted:

Given the poo poo quality at one of two local Wendy's locations, I would absolutely download rather than drive 20 minutes to get there, and if I was doing that I would drive 12 minutes to get to Burger King instead.

Yeah but imagine the mess if the printer jammed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thats how you get Arby's

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Thats how you get Arby's

I never understood why people were so mean to Arby's until we moved somewhere with a bad Arby's.

I swear, all the Arby's where I grew up in PA were delicious. 5 for $5 was practically a holiday for us. I miss their ham and cheese.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry I compared Wendy's and GameStop, because it's not really an apt analogy until you can sell back your half eaten triple cheeseburger for 10 cents and have them sell it to the next guy for a dollar.

And bad Arby's are the worst. Like Dairy Queen levels of disappointment.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Silly Burrito posted:

Yes but you have to do it via :filez: and God frowns upon you.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Silly Burrito posted:

Could God download a chicken sandwich so hot and spicy that he himself could not eat it?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

GPTribefan posted:

Could God download a chicken sandwich so hot and spicy that he himself could not eat it?

With my internet, he's lucky if it's even warm when it arrives.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just make chili...

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

anonumos posted:

Just make chili...

Yes, but do I tip the beans or do I put well done pineapple on it?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Make sure you do this poo poo live with a bunch of lovely spices though.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yes, but do I tip the beans or do I put well done pineapple on it?

Yes, just as long as you don’t forget to tip your landlord.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Iron Prince posted:

Yes, just as long as you don’t forget to tip your landlord.

Tip them into a bottomless pit?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Make sure you do this poo poo live with a bunch of lovely spices though.

I hear if you use French onion soup mix and mushrooms, the chili will be so good that people will line up around the block to fellate you

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Krispy Wafer posted:

I would totally download a sandwich

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

I hear if you use French onion soup mix and mushrooms, the chili will be so good that people will line up around the block to fellate you

Not as impressive as before social distancing, but still pretty impressive!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not as impressive as before social distancing, but still pretty impressive!

:drat:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Macy's fired a bunch of people but they are saying it is a furlough for less bad press.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

There are a lot of stores and restaurants opening late/closing early to protect staff and customers and/or give more restocking time, and the cynic in me is calling bullshit. If they really cared about staff they'd provide some form of PPE, if they really cared about customers they'd limit the number of customers at one time and extend hours to make up the lost volume. This is the beancounters seeing a recession coming and cutting labor by cutting the least profitable hours.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Dairy queen is good, though.

I mean, the ice cream. I know some of them sell burgers but I've never actually seen one that does that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I've seen a couple of the ones that sell hot food, but never tried any because why the gently caress would I go to Dairy Queen for anything but ice cream?

I assume it's to try to keep income flowing even in the colder months, but the ones without it(and non-DQ ice cream stands) just close for the winter and do fine.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

In fairness the literal best tasting thing I've ever had in my life was a double cheeseburger from Dairy Queen.

Granted, I was also The most stoned I've been in my life, but it stands. :colbert:

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

ImageNet Consulting is effectively stealing their employees stimulus money by docking their pay by however much they will receive.
https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/03/29/imagenet-consulating-stimulus-payment/

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

Dairy queen is good, though.

I mean, the ice cream. I know some of them sell burgers but I've never actually seen one that does that.

Dairy Queens with hot food are all pretty standard around here, so must be a regional thing. It's all pretty average; good enough if you want icecream and a meal, but you wouldn't go out of the way for it if you weren't planning on desert.

Oh god, I suddenly want a burger and a shake so bad right now I'm literally drooling at the thought.

there wolf has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Mar 31, 2020

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

DQ steak fingers are loving bomb and is the only thing worth getting not ice cream

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

McPhearson posted:

ImageNet Consulting is effectively stealing their employees stimulus money by docking their pay by however much they will receive.
https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/03/29/imagenet-consulating-stimulus-payment/

Jesus christ, the world is bad.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Haifisch posted:

I've seen a couple of the ones that sell hot food, but never tried any because why the gently caress would I go to Dairy Queen for anything but ice cream?

I assume it's to try to keep income flowing even in the colder months, but the ones without it(and non-DQ ice cream stands) just close for the winter and do fine.

In Texas the Dairy Queens have an entirely different menu than the rest of the country. outside of burgers and chicken strips, it has Tex Mex options that including tacos and a deep fried burrito smothered in chili and cheese:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Iron Prince posted:

In Texas the Dairy Queens have an entirely different menu than the rest of the country. outside of burgers and chicken strips, it has Tex Mex options that including tacos and a deep fried burrito smothered in chili and cheese:

Damnit stop reminding me of Dairy Queen the nearest one to me closed down and was turned into a hipster coffee shop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Iron Prince posted:

That is a chimichanga my man.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

MarcusSA posted:

That is a chimichanga my man.

Tell that to the freakin menu, my good bitch

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Iron Prince posted:

Tell that to the freakin menu, my good bitch

That a little aggressive. I didn't think someone would be so sensitive over a fried burrito.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

MarcusSA posted:

That a little aggressive. I didn't think someone would be so sensitive over a fried burrito.

To you, it is a fried burrito. To me, it is my life. I was born for it. To exist here in this moment for Fried burrito. Fried burrito forever.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
While you nerds are busy arguing about what that's called, I'm just going to slide in ahead of you and eat the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rndmnmbr posted:

There are a lot of stores and restaurants opening late/closing early to protect staff and customers and/or give more restocking time, and the cynic in me is calling bullshit. If they really cared about staff they'd provide some form of PPE, if they really cared about customers they'd limit the number of customers at one time and extend hours to make up the lost volume. This is the beancounters seeing a recession coming and cutting labor by cutting the least profitable hours.

Yeah, it's definitely weird as hell. The local 24 hour gas stations are even cutting hours that the store is open. It's weird as hell because I'm that weirdo who normally gets his grocery shopping done at 7:00 to avoid the crowds, and now I"m having to wait until 8:00 for the store to open.