Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Does anyone have any white or red cosmos seeds for sale in their shop? And can I come buy some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Sanford posted:

My wife and I are playing on the same switch, so we're playing the same character. What are we missing by not having a character each (other than all the missing content others are complaining about)?
Things from my experience with my wife:
--Villagers talking about your partner's character, and the fun of meeting a villager your spouse invited that you don't initially know
--The general feeling that your characters are having separate experience on the island
--Sharing the screen with two player characters is cute and sometimes demands a nice level of cooperation
--Leaving schmaltzy gifts and notes to each other
--Burying things on the island and leaving treasure hunt notes
--More house to play around with

This missing content is a bit overblown outside of main Tom Nook stuff and not getting to speak at ceremonies. My wife has run into tons of content as Player 2 that I haven't. But she also primarily just likes the crafting grind.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

having the first rainy day in my game, and also just caught my first coelanth or w/e

was a bit surprising seeing that big ol thing pop outta the water and into my characters arms

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I mean except for bananas, durians, lemons, lychees, mangos, and persimmons, yeah they didn't cut any fruit from New Leaf

e: https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Tropical_Fruit

Oh wow, serves me right for not having played NL (which I mentioned). My mistake! That's a huge step forward in NL, only to go right back to where they were. I wonder why do many were cut.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Fun Fact: You can put custom designs on drink machines.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly I think the worst part of this game to me right now is the custom designs.

I really wanted to dig into designing custom stuff this time around. Make one of those towns with its own theming and poo poo. You have a decent inventory for custom designs but if you're doing a lot of them it fills up fast. It discourages you from doing little one-off designs because you have to worry about your total design cap. And maybe you decide that's okay, since you're willing to make another character and have them lay down some designs too.

That's when you find out custom designs aren't per character. They are per switch. You have one list you all share.

What the gently caress

I wanted to build a soccer pitch but it would have been way too many tiles. Even if I was smart about it

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh wow, serves me right for not having played NL (which I mentioned). My mistake! That's a huge step forward in NL, only to go right back to where they were. I wonder why do many were cut.

Some of those probably require new tree models. Bananas growing on a normal tree would be weird.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Pops Mgee posted:

Player two can recruit new villagers from the random islands. My wife invited one of our three initial residents.

Huh, I’ve only ever had empty islands with player two.

Fangz posted:

Some of those probably require new tree models. Bananas growing on a normal tree would be weird.

Bananas grow on palm trees. :shrug:

edit: I'm fairly convinced they'll be added in later. New Leaf had them, after all.

pray for my aunt posted:

Time to invent my own crappy soda brand.

And More fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 30, 2020

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Viridiant posted:

That turnip selling channel in the Animal Crossing Discord sure became pretty useless for anyone who isn't a regular there pretty quickly. I'm seeing ridiculous fees for mid-100 turnip price ranges assuming anyone visiting is already a millionaire ingame.
Yeah pretty sure that's the reddit one. It's stupidly ridiculous. They are demanding up to 500k bells as a tip (which, at 500 bells/each, is 25% of your whole inventory if you bring 4000 turnips - if you only have 2000 that's 50% of your gross)
So I guess it might be easier to make money by just TTing around until you find a high turnip sell price and then just get on that discord and demand ridiculous tip prices, than to buy/sell turnips

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

pray for my aunt posted:

Holy poo poo yes - I know what I must do:

Also, I feel like such an idiot for selling my first golden trout by mistake one hazy night. Since then, in the process of gathering bait and trying to catch another golden trout on my island's super-small cliff rivers, I've managed to catch 2 Sturgeon, 2 Stringfish, 1 Char, and 3 Barreleyes that I didn't need!

I am so tired of going to my 2nd-level fishing spot with 20+ Bait and getting (I skip the small ones this month):

Small fish, tiny fish, small fish, yellow snapper, dace, tiny fish, dace, small fish, tiny fish, cherry salmon, black bass, small fish, small fish, black bass, dace, small fish, yellow snapper, small fish, small fish, dace, and then a big shadow to cap it off on my last bait that is (of course) a black bass.

I only have myself to blame!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PancakeTransmission posted:

Yeah pretty sure that's the reddit one. It's stupidly ridiculous. They are demanding up to 500k bells as a tip (which, at 500 bells/each, is 25% of your whole inventory if you bring 4000 turnips - if you only have 2000 that's 50% of your gross)
So I guess it might be easier to make money by just TTing around until you find a high turnip sell price and then just get on that discord and demand ridiculous tip prices, than to buy/sell turnips

when i get high turnip prices i'm just opening my island and asking for a fat tip of zero bells. maybe if people have some non-hybrid flowers i don't have, that's the only tip i'd want.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

In New Leaf, time travelling would tank your turnip prices. You could, of course, wait for a good turnip day and then just stay on that day, never letting the price change, keeping your villagers in a hellish eternal limbo. Forever.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
After the daylight savings change on Sunday my clock in game is off by an hour even though my system clock is right? Any idea how to fix it?

Edit: just quit and restart and it's working again

Seabhac fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 30, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lux Animus posted:

Holy poo poo yes - I know what I must do:

I wonder if Tom Nook sells chocolate chip juice.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New-ish NPC spoiler, just found it cute.

Label is in my town, turns out Gracie isn't around because Label finally decided to start up her own brand and try to compete so she's now handling the Fashion Evaluation. She also changed her name from Labelle and decided to use her real name, and just call her brand "Labelle" :3:

When you talk to her she gives you a shirt (I assume other clothes too) to design around, then if you pass she'll give you something from her brand new line and a free ticket to get something less than 3,000 bells for free from the Tailor shop.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Tempting myself with themes for Smashville...

https://nooknet.net/tunes?t=b9792a3c7cccc121

Solemn Secularity
Nov 12, 2011
Sorry if someone's asked already, but are animal pictures still in the game? In Wild World and New Leaf, once you were an animal's absolute best friend they'd give you a piece of furniture that was just this cute photo of them and a quote on the back. I'd guess the posters from Harvey's Island probably replace those, but I had to ask if anyone here knows for sure.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Do you have to place a plot of land to be able to find and invite villagers on mystery islands?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

Do you have to place a plot of land to be able to find and invite villagers on mystery islands?

I think so. I was not getting any villagers on islands until I did and I did a fair amount of island visits. I put down a plot and I got a villager on my next island run.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol what the gently caress

is it possible to goto one of those peoples isles, cash out, then bail???

or would that mean ruining ones reputation in their special discored channel

that’s so dumb

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I now have a purple koala who won't stop singing. I may have to drown them in the river

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Wilekat posted:

I now have a purple koala who won't stop singing. I may have to drown them in the river

Sydney is wonderful. Don’t you dare.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I know it's been said before, but Isabelle and Nook doing calisthenics in the morning is adorable!

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Bulgakov posted:

that’s so dumb

You will be banned!! from discord if you don't tip accordingly!!!

Turnips this afternoon are 74 bells so in conclusion the recession is real, stay in your homes. There will be no quick turnaround today and your bridges and loans must wait.

:negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yesterday I got my first new villager, he's a monkey named Deli, he was too busy unpacking to talk to me though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IronicDongz posted:

yeah, once you have an empty plot they start showing up on islands just like the start of the game. It completely caught me off guard because that means we can can invite who we want and don't have to wait for random animals to move in on their own :dance:

speaking of which, I went island-hopping last night in search of a new villager and I found this extremely :blessed: island

full of black lilies and only large fish. I took it as a sign and invited Alice, who upon meeting me told me "my mom always said there's magic in chance encounters" :3: she calls me guv'nor

also found an island with infinitely spawning butterflies so this morning I earned some 300k bells

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Iron Crowned posted:

Yesterday I got my first new villager, he's a monkey named Deli, he was too busy unpacking to talk to me though.

I have Deli too! He's magnificent, give him Bugs as presents for some really :wtf: dialogue.

(I assume their personalities aren't randomised and hope they aren't for this to be as :wtf: as I'm selling it as)

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Flick is in town but apparently he won't buy from other players.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I kept talking to Filbert the day after he moved in bc I was so excited to finally interact and he got fed up with me :(

Sent him a letter with a housewarming present to say sorry and he gave me a super cute reply!
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/1244597094259679233?s=20

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
The sturgeon is the only March fish I'm missing and I can live without getting all of them. I'll be playing more than a year at this point. My friend has been extremely lucky and got all the rare fish.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bulgakov posted:

that’s so dumb

A lot of people will build a little fence pen at the airport so you can't even get to the island without paying the cover

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Viridiant posted:

That turnip selling channel in the Animal Crossing Discord sure became pretty useless for anyone who isn't a regular there pretty quickly. I'm seeing ridiculous fees for mid-100 turnip price ranges assuming anyone visiting is already a millionaire ingame.

There's a turnip channel in the Goon AC server and haven't seen anyone request bells for selling or anything :x

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm just relying on the thread, I can't really get my head around discord

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Reddit's turnip page is dumb and bad but you also have to feel bad for people willing to open their gates to a thread that gets 500 replies in 20 minutes, sort through that list and then suffer through the timestop, etc.

Their ACTrading page is so much worse and more scummy. I still to goons because we actual have common human decency

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Oh lord I have so many turnips I don't want to dump them in my house but I also want to get poo poo done while I wait for folks' islands to open up ugh.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Xanderkish posted:

Oh lord I have so many turnips I don't want to dump them in my house but I also want to get poo poo done while I wait for folks' islands to open up ugh.

i had to dump four full inventories worth of turnips in my house, and some on the ground outside my house

least i'll be rich as gently caress

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

A lot of people will build a little fence pen at the airport so you can't even get to the island without paying the cover

That's... Uh, certainly a way to play :captainpop:

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Zodack posted:

Reddit's turnip page is dumb and bad but you also have to feel bad for people willing to open their gates to a thread that gets 500 replies in 20 minutes, sort through that list and then suffer through the timestop, etc.

Their ACTrading page is so much worse and more scummy. I still to goons because we actual have common human decency

Why, it's a longstanding tradition for people to get way too into games to the point they establish wholesale bureaucracies for the lunacy.

My nephew once told me about how he had to fill out large and detailed applications to join a WoW guild.

He's now a politician for a new Romanian political party.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Redditor islands are just gonna turn into Rapture after the land stops giving Bells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SeXReX posted:

haha amazing