Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that's the most reddit thing i've ever heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So the turnip game.. We just wait until someone posts an amazing 500bell+ price for turnips and then goonrush their island, is that the gist?

I mean, or sell them to our Nooks but where is the fun in that?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Martytoof posted:

So the turnip game.. We just wait until someone posts an amazing 500bell+ price for turnips and then goonrush their island, is that the gist?

There's a Discord bot that queues everybody up and serves Dodo Codes to people in 5 minute increments so you can do your business

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got a coelacanth and a string fish tonight. What a good night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there a DIY recipe for signposts you can do your own text on?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Ruffian Price posted:

There's a Discord bot that queues everybody up and serves Dodo Codes to people in 5 minute increments so you can do your business

What who where how

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I’m guessing there’s no way to craft stacks of stuff like fish bait

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
Good Morning!

Island Name: Dokutsu
Dodo Code: LHN1H

Nooks are currently buying turnips at 116 Bells
They also have a Dolly (in green) and a Knife Block for sale.
Hot Item is the pot. (lol)
Native Fruit: Oranges. Help yourselves

Gates will be open for most of the day while i'm afk WFHing.

Enjoy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got a recipe for something I already had. What do I do with these, can I sell them?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Xanderkish posted:

What who where how

When it works, otherwise we just post a high price in the turnip channel and everyone goonrushes as normal

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Yeah can i have a link to the goon discord? i missed the turnips last week but now I have 1570 of them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeXReX posted:

A lot of people will build a little fence pen at the airport so you can't even get to the island without paying the cover

This series causes people to do the weirdest poo poo.

Does New Horizons have a Villager Black Market yet?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dugong posted:

I’m guessing there’s no way to craft stacks of stuff like fish bait
lol no that'd be convenient
(Really though, I hope it comes in 1.2 or some later patch)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I got a recipe for something I already had. What do I do with these, can I sell them?
Keep it and drop it on some goon's island when you go visiting! Or just sell it, whatever.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Nuebot posted:

I got a coelacanth and a string fish tonight. What a good night.

I also got my Coelacanth last night.

Definitely feeling that trying to get rare animals on your own island is a fool's errand. Nook islands are way better for that. I got one last night that was a circle, no lakes or rivers, and it was raining. So I was able to just run circles around the shore watching for shadows. Exponentially more effective that trying to run the shoreline back home.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Electric Phantasm posted:

I saw a post on twitter the other day and yeah, it does.

Also my able sisters is selling new hair today so that's a thing. It's some kind of Gothic Lolita wig and dress sets so those are still around. (That's what it's called right? I don't have it in front of me)

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/cercueilsa/status/1244612087067770880?s=21

I do not like Hippeaux...

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I’d be wary of trading villagers right now. There’s a bug that locks you out of a new villager moving in if you invite a villager that’s being evicted from a friend.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Yeah can i have a link to the goon discord? i missed the turnips last week but now I have 1570 of them.

Think it's in the OP

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Not sure if there's a specific thread for these or whatever, but, here is the Imperial March as an Island Tune. Arrangement by me.

Extra hilarious when the bells chime.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
got a new soda machine

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are turnip prices only going into the Discord now or will we still see some in this thread?

How long does CJ stick around for? Is he here for the day or does he peace out at noon or whatever

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Open for business for the next 3 hours:
Mabel is open
Sahara is here with backyard fence/sidewalk flooring
Rain
Turnips are 112.
4JYY1

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

DarthBlingBling posted:

Think it's in the OP

Thanks, i didn't scrolled right by it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Xanderkish posted:

Oh lord I have so many turnips I don't want to dump them in my house but I also want to get poo poo done while I wait for folks' islands to open up ugh.

I made myself a turnip enclosure outside on my island. Just dropped 'em all on the ground and fenced them in.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope turnip prices still get posted here :v;

Discord makes me anxious

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dunno how accurate this is for New Horizons, (or New Leaf) but they speculate it's about the same?
https://twitter.com/KnightCarmine/status/1244392945056276482?s=20

Also, I'm not too clear on what the campsite is for... I had my mandatory visitor there and was made to help him move in. But it seems like in order to get other new villagers I need to put down a plot and go to islands. Or is the campsite situation a slower way to get new villagers where you can build the plot after one shows up?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Harrow posted:

I made myself a turnip enclosure outside on my island. Just dropped 'em all on the ground and fenced them in.
Same, it seems like the easiest way to do it since you can reuse it without messing up your house.

Also people buying multiple inventories of turnips and planning to sell them during a rush are insane. I can stomach doing it once but multiple times would take a good hour +.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxyclean posted:

Dunno how accurate this is for New Horizons, (or New Leaf) but they speculate it's about the same?
https://twitter.com/KnightCarmine/status/1244392945056276482?s=20

Also, I'm not too clear on what the campsite is for... I had my mandatory visitor there and was made to help him move in. But it seems like in order to get other new villagers I need to put down a plot and go to islands. Or is the campsite situation a slower way to get new villagers where you can build the plot after one shows up?

Campsite is just random villagers sometimes showing up or amiibos. Can go a entire week without none showing up in New Leaf so I imagine it's the same here.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hope turnip prices still get posted here :v;

Discord makes me anxious

I'm sure it will be, but Discord is easier to manage a goonrush

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

SeXReX posted:

A lot of people will build a little fence pen at the airport so you can't even get to the island without paying the cover

So you have to go to their island, drop your fee, leave so that they can remove a fence segment, then join again to actually sell something?

Amazing.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I don't play with randos so I don't know what's actually going on but I really have to hope they got wise and started just using holes as a gate to the fence pen

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

This is worse.
https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Rodney

Day 2 of not talking to this rear end in a top hat.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Lol, the animals totally know if you regift them something they've given you

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Dip Viscous posted:

So you have to go to their island, drop your fee, leave so that they can remove a fence segment, then join again to actually sell something?

Amazing.

If they're smart about it (yes, I know), they would use a piece of furniture that you can put stuff on to make part of the pen. Then you can do the hand off while still maintaining the fence's integrity, thus streamlining the process.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Well Pate just gifted me Star Glasses that I gave her yesterday and said she loved! See if I ever give you anything again you gently caress!

minema
May 31, 2011
Saharah is in town for me, turnip prices are atrocious but visitors welcome while I afk and write my dissertation. Cherries are the native fruit, please help yourselves EXCEPT for the ones in the little zen garden on the right corner of the island, my husband made it and he's very proud so please don't ruin it. We are just missing peaches now, so if you have one or two spare they would be very welcome :) Northern hemisphere, dodo code is KNK8R

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Your Computer posted:

got a new soda machine

loving lol at "Bepis"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Hey, have any of y'all run into C.J. yet? I didn't even realize the NPC existed until I just found him on my island. Fishing is by far my favorite mechanic, so imagine my delight at the challenges, collectibles, and double sale price on fish that he offers. Looks like I won't be getting any work done form home today.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I sure wish it had told me about the 5 catalog orders per day rule BEFORE I failed to get the daily K.K. song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

runchild posted:

I sure wish it had told me about the 5 catalog orders per day rule BEFORE I failed to get the daily K.K. song.

Tbh KK should be your absolute #1 priority so this one is on you.