Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

a HUGE part of the western response is explained by thinking chinese science is fake and lies

so now we're gonna blame us ignoring their warnings on their fake science lies

Yes I'm unhappy to say it but in this instance I'm suspicious that it's a combination of ignoring foreign experience and fear of staff catching the illness (which is important but there is a balance and a point at which you have to accept risk).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Where are today's figures?

The inconsistency of when they're reported is really frustrating.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Spend this time at home practicing for your inevitable swabbing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLbjNPpY2s

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Communist Thoughts posted:

a HUGE part of the western response is explained by thinking chinese science is fake and lies

so now we're gonna blame us ignoring their warnings on their fake science lies

Perfidious orientals trying to trick us with fake science :bahgawd:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

The worldometer is reporting 1,415 deaths total, 1,228 as of yesterday, so 187 random anonymized non-indicative-of-loving-anything deaths I guess.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

sebzilla posted:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-another-159-people-die-after-testing-positive-in-england-119657420

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Bardeh posted:

Just got informed I'm being put on furlough - last day's work tomorrow. I'm all for it tbh, I won't be getting as much money, but I'm not spending bugger all at the minute so it evens out. Money to sit at home and play nintendo sounds OK to me.

Just found out we're going to skeleton crew (80%+ of company on furlough) and the company will make up the difference between the government payout and full salary, which is incredibly bloody generous. No idea how long it can last as business has dived off a cliff, but shows not all companies are being arseholes.

Annoyingly I have to be one of the skeletons for now, but to be honest I think I'd go totally mad if I couldn't work at all so it's probably for the best.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
One thing I don't understand about Corona: why does it transmit through eyes but not ears? I thought ears, nose, and throat were all linked? Where do eyes come in?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I see the German death numbers are now following everyone else's after the "Why aren't Germans dying" puzzlement. Turns out they were just behind us.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

The DPRK posted:

Where do eyes come in?

Turn off your monitor?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

ah phew!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The DPRK posted:

One thing I don't understand about Corona: why does it transmit through eyes but not ears? I thought ears, nose, and throat were all linked? Where do eyes come in?

They are linked, but the virus is not motile and is absorbed through mucous membranes, not through skin. Your ears don't have mucous membranes in them, and the link to the respiratory system is internal, the other side of the eardrum. Even if someone spat in your ear (ew) there wouldn't be a direct route for infection through the ears.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I have been designated as one of two key workers for tomorrow, covering an area of West Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, South Oxfordshire and West London which would normally be covered by a team of 16. It is going to be such a shitshow

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Ruth is a loving idiot.

Yeah she only seems competent in comparison to other tories and to SLab

Pablo Bluth posted:

I see the German death numbers are now following everyone else's after the "Why aren't Germans dying" puzzlement. Turns out they were just behind us.

probably somethign to do with them and japan being the two countries with the most ventilators per patient (the UK is behind Italy on this)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Like Noah seeing the rainbow, I have seen the sign that shows us we are going to be okay.

As well as trivialities like eggs and toilet paper, my local Tesco Metro had in stock today... I can barely keep my hands from shaking as I type this... Original Source Mint Shower Gel!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can you catch Coronavirus from smelling an infected fart?

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Can anyone give me any pointers on who to vote for in the NEC election?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Like Noah seeing the rainbow, I have seen the sign that shows us we are going to be okay.

As well as trivialities like eggs and toilet paper, my local Tesco Metro had in stock today... I can barely keep my hands from shaking as I type this... Original Source Mint Shower Gel!

Funnily enough because I've been off the booze for lent, I usually stockpile everything long-life or toiletries and the like just before this hit and already have six bottles of shower gel on my shelf. My local co-op also had a fine selection of actual bread and milk at midday today, didn't check for anything else though

e: tell a lie, there was no beer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 30, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/lynbrownmp/status/1244605294526726144?s=19

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

But was it the xxxx super tingly version?

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 30, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Funnily enough because I've been off the booze for lent, I usually stockpile everything long-life or toiletries and the like just before this hit and already have six bottles of shower gel on my shelf. My local co-op also had a fine selection of actual bread and milk at midday today, didn't check for anything else though

Yeah but that Original Source stuff is loving legit, and they seemed to stop making it for a while. Seeing it on the shelf gave me more of a jump than the Andrex just next to it.

Fortunately my quixotic attempts to replicate it/make a cheaper version than Bronner's Peppermint, which is even better but works out more expensive than unicorn spunk, mean I have a 5-litre bottle of unscented shower gel sitting in my bathroom, so that was one thing I was never going to run out of, but having the OG stuff back on the shelves feel like God smiling upon these benighted isles just for once.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

But was it the xxxx version?

Alas no, the one with tea tree oil, but I remember that being good enough back in the day.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Can you catch Coronavirus from smelling an infected fart?

Fecal-oral transmission.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Alas no, the one with tea tree oil, but I remember that being good enough back in the day.

Oh it is. I had to get the lime one on my last shop (not tingly at all but smells nice). I'd just like to see the super tingly return to shelves too.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/1244653697059225601

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah but that Original Source stuff is loving legit, and they seemed to stop making it for a while. Seeing it on the shelf gave me more of a jump than the Andrex just next to it.

Fortunately my quixotic attempts to replicate it/make a cheaper version than Bronner's Peppermint, which is even better but works out more expensive than unicorn spunk, mean I have a 5-litre bottle of unscented shower gel sitting in my bathroom, so that was one thing I was never going to run out of, but having the OG stuff back on the shelves feel like God smiling upon these benighted isles just for once.

I had to swear off that Original Source one, no shower should scald and shiver me at the same time (though strangely enjoyable as it is)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is that the one that goons kept burning their dick and balls with?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

That's not limited to just Goons. Irish Simpsons Fans had a meme about that, so I have to say that most of the male population have tried using it south of their border.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Not gonna lie, washing your balls and asscrack with original source is some fun.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Kind of annoyed at all the reports of UCL developing brand new completely never-before-seen respirators in three and a half minutes, no red tape needed.

They reverse-engineered an existing device and figured out how to make it with their existing tech. Which is still really cool! But it feels like its being spun in kind of a jingoistic way.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

That or the Dr. Bronner's one, which is even stronger. Applying it neat to the funzone actually allows you to measure both the velocity and position of every electron in the skin of the area.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
You know the Lemon Original Source? loving *lemon curd*!

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Dominic Raab is a terrible orator isn't he. Sounds like an undergrad winging a presentation. Most likely because, despite the expensive education, he's actually thick as poo poo.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my local Tesco Extra had at least some of everything except for flour (but I didn't check the booze aisles)

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Not gonna lie, washing your balls and asscrack with original source is some fun.

It certainly wakes you up in the morning.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dawn Butler has told me to stay at home.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Isomermaid posted:

You know the Lemon Original Source? loving *lemon curd*!

Lemon Original Source is one of only two things I import from the UK in an expatty kind of way. It's like washing with sherbert lemons!

The other being Oatibix.

:(

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Answers Me posted:

Dominic Raab is a terrible orator isn't he. Sounds like an undergrad winging a presentation. Most likely because, despite the expensive education, he's actually thick as poo poo.

It's so flat and lifeless, its awful.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The chief medical officer dude that does the NHS adverts looks crazy. Like he burned his eyebrows off or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minema
May 31, 2011

Answers Me posted:

Still better than BoJo though