Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/SteveDeeGreen/status/1130521846217093121

:lol: there's loving cosplay of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

They break up because Shaggy cares more about his awful dog's feelings than his girlfriend's, she's right to hate him.

So she asked him to choose between his dog and her and he chose his dog and that's supposed to be bad?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

heaven is an inexhaustible supply of unread Bolland-illustrated Dredd stories

This made me think of the bit from Sandman with the library of stories only ever conceived but not written by famous stories

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Mystery Inc also has a running joke that Freddy is sexually aroused by complicated traps and rube goldberg machines.

Its a weird show.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I don't know about aroused, there's just not room for anything else in his brain, not even the perception that it might be unusual.

But if you don't watch the whole series, at least watch the episode where Scooby dreams a crossover with Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman and the Funky Phantom.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Push El Burrito posted:

So she asked him to choose between his dog and her and he chose his dog and that's supposed to be bad?

No, the dog asked.

Because he talks.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Push El Burrito posted:

No wonder Harlan Ellison was involved.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Another important aspect of Mystery, Inc.: it has an entire episode devoted to homaging War of the Gargantuas.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Keromaru5 posted:

Another important aspect of Mystery, Inc.: it has an entire episode devoted to homaging War of the Gargantuas.

Wait, what?

Now I have to see this

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"America hock-ptooey" - Adolf Hitler.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wisdom of Solomon everyone.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

He's gonna pop Hitler right in the kisser when he's introduced, isn't he? :ninja:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

That is not how contract law works.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Someone needs to contact his legal guardian.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MarvelADayProj/status/1244338646066630657?s=20

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Sure, and Green Lantern could defeat the entire Justice League on his own.

*GL flies headfirst into billboard, knocking himself out*

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The X-Men were just dumb teens whereas crows are very intelligent.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

If crows are so intelligent why do they keep attacking people who come near their nests, thus ensuring the nest's destruction, instead of just not doing anything so no-one would give a poo poo? :smuggo:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'll wager that Chuck's mansion has been destroyed more times than any crow's nest so maybe it's the X-Men who need to stop antagonizing people.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lobok posted:

Dumb teens with military exercise reflexes from being trained on, essentially, a cult compound by a bald psychic with a god complex

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mind the walrus posted:

Dumb teens with military exercise reflexes from being trained on, essentially, a cult compound by a bald psychic with a god complex

Uh huh, and Iron Man has rocket roller skates.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lobok posted:

Uh huh, and Iron Man has rocket roller skates.

He also has booze, which is the weakness of every teenager. Checkmate.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Lobok posted:

I'll wager that Chuck's mansion has been destroyed more times than any crow's nest so maybe it's the X-Men who need to stop antagonizing people.

If X-men were just nicer about this whole "feared and loathed by humanity" and "government sponsored robotic genocide" stuff, people might think better of them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

If X-men were just nicer about this whole "feared and loathed by humanity" and "government sponsored robotic genocide" stuff, people might think better of them.

Exactly!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zaodai posted:

He also has booze, which is the weakness of every teenager. Checkmate.

Yeah but they need to crack first his suit and then his body open to get at the booze.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Well, that or they need to build a better fortress-school.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I always liked the concept of Plastic Man in The Dark Knight Strikes Again, where he's considered basically one of the most powerful heroes because he could just just straight up kill everybody effortlessly if he wasn't insane.

dat art do

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Infinitum posted:

I always liked the concept of Plastic Man in The Dark Knight Strikes Again, where he's considered basically one of the most powerful heroes because he could just just straight up kill everybody effortlessly if he wasn't insane.

dat art do

The Dark Knight Strikes Again is a great concept that suffers immensely from being The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Say what you will about Strikes Again, but at least it's not Master Race

:v:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
DKSA is buck wild and ambitious and that goes a long way to forgiving its faults to me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Infinitum posted:

Never gets old.

Bonus:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Injustice Plastic Man is so loving well written.

Infinitum posted:

Injustice Plastic Man is so loving well written.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Uthor posted:

DKSA is buck wild and ambitious and that goes a long way to forgiving its faults to me.

It's like, stupid ambitious though. It tries to do something wild or wacky with literally everything and it just ends up being a bizarre mess. It's like how Stephen King did coke binges so bad that he doesn't remember writing some books, but instead of Stephen King it's a dumbass.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Justice League Dark #21: Zatanna gets creative with her spells

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

She forgot the 'em'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So what makes Plastic Man so powerful apart from DC just wanting to steal the Molecule Man situation from Marvel :confused:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
As far as I know, he's the only hero to have the guts to travel back in time and kill Abraham Lincoln.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So what makes Plastic Man so powerful apart from DC just wanting to steal the Molecule Man situation from Marvel :confused:

He can change shape into anything he wants (including growing and shrinking) and he's indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He's immortal, indestructible, immune to telepathy, ruthless when he has to be, and capable of turning into any shape he can imagine. You can't kill him, and while you're trying to do so, he's already snaked down your windpipe.