Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

legooolas posted:

563 pages in and I'm still shocked at how terrible sick leave and holiday allowances are in the US :confused:

Yeah it is pretty bad generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Burt Sexual posted:

Cancelled abbreviated, it annoys people so I use it more. It’s from work

lol its terrible, i hope my work never picks it up

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Plastik posted:

It's like Desantis is desperately trying to turn the state blue. If they don't lock down The Villages and Century Village (two city-sized retirement complexes in FL) they could fundamentally change politics in this state forever.

Not that I'm complaining.

So from what I read, instead of shelter in place this is a "safer at home" "order" which to me seems meaningless.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

legooolas posted:

563 pages in and I'm still shocked at how terrible sick leave and holiday allowances are in the US :confused:

They're universally great if you're a professional with good hiring prospects, working for a corporation. But lovely for pretty much anyone who isn't in a high-paying field that's also in demand.

:capitalism:

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Even if it works well, isnt that medication dangerous and lead to organ failure if not properly used(and even sometime properly used)?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Mnoba posted:

the key pads and touch screens have to be little roni hotbeds.

I've been using a pen or pencil for poking key pads.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

The Guardian Football podcast lot are watching classic games and discussing those. The last podcast I listened to they had watched the Maradonna "Hand of God" match together (remotely) and where saying how bullshit a lot of the British mythologizing of that match was.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

dee eight posted:

I've been using a pen or pencil for poking key pads.

On the flip side people are destroying pinpads by pouring liquid(overwashing them) into them(no Idea wtf they are doing). Source? I work for one of those company that service them.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Bleusilences posted:

Even if it works well, isnt that medication dangerous and lead to organ failure if not properly used(and even sometime properly used)?
that's every drug

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Bleusilences posted:

On the flip side people are destroying pinpads by pouring liquid(overwashing them) into them(no Idea wtf they are doing). Source? I work for one of those company that service them.

i was going to ask that, i'm guessing they are like a keyboard underneath?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bleusilences posted:

I mean, that describes a lot of medications

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wyoak posted:

that's every drug

not weed :420:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

ive been jerking off so much lately

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

my poor penis :(

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

masturbation is an immune booster. keep going.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

pentyne posted:

Don't bother with a mask unless you expect to have someone hold you down and start coughing in your face. Anything besides a n95 is basically a cloth barrier that will stop spit and mucus hurling at you.

And that’s...bad?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So I should probably avoid the dentist office huh? I have an appointment in a few weeks and I'm horribly nervous about going. They are exposed to so many people there, and have to get so close to them. Sounds like the worst place to go right now.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pentyne posted:

Don't bother with a mask unless you expect to have someone hold you down and start coughing in your face. Anything besides a n95 is basically a cloth barrier that will stop spit and mucus hurling at you.

surgical masks don't form a tight seal so when you inhale you'll still be getting straight virusey air. but if you are asymptomatic and spreading it'll keep most of the virus in there when you breathe out; this is really the best argument for wearing surgical masks imo

a cloth mask with a good tight seal around your face is a bunch better than nothing though i think

honestly the CDC guidance doesn't mean much if there aren't enough masks to go around. figuring out how to best use homemade poo poo is probably the way to go for now (things like what materials, how long can you wear before it loses effectiveness, whatever)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fartbox posted:

ive been jerking off so much lately

I've been jerking off a lot less lately :shrug:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Everyone who argued that "wearing a mask for protection is dumb because it can still get in your eyes" have inspired me to buy tight-wrapping safety glasses, thanks.

Iron Crowned posted:

I've been jerking off a lot less lately :shrug:
Living in a plague hellscape is decidedly unsexy.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 30, 2020

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Gonna buy some #TrumpPills with my #TrumpBux

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Charliegrs posted:

So I should probably avoid the dentist office huh? I have an appointment in a few weeks and I'm horribly nervous about going. They are exposed to so many people there, and have to get so close to them. Sounds like the worst place to go right now.

unless it's something critical i would call and cancel if they haven't already, my canceled my appts and kids appts that were to be this week. they definitely don't have equipment to safeguard their employees working in anyone's mouth i would think is the reason.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Zugzwang posted:

Everyone who argued that "wearing a mask for protection is dumb because it can still get in your eyes" has inspired me to buy tight-wrapping safety glasses, thanks.
Living in a plague hellscape is decidedly unsexy.

The Goggles I used to wear for swimming when I was a kid seem like they would work well. I would look like an idiot though but so what.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Just make sure they're the real thing and not tabletized aquarium cleaner.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Are Trump pills sudafed or fish tank cleaner?

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
the trump pills, which are normally prescribed for lupus, couldn't we just covid19 test all lupus sufferers and see what percentage have it?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Mnoba posted:

the trump pills, which are normally prescribed for lupus, couldn't we just covid19 test all lupus sufferers and see what percentage have it?

Wouldn't that be skewed by the way that lupus affects the immune system?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
We can't even test all the people who have respiratory illnesses that may or may not be COVID-19.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
listen, the easiest way to reduce cases is to not test at all, then you'll see that curve flatten out, what's so hard to understand here, bing bong so simple.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

China never could have gotten their new cases to zero without those tests that only work a fraction of the time

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE

First April fool's joke I've genuinely liked in years

Knowing my fellow Americans there is a good chance that is not actually a joke

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Was this organized by the DNC?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
dont worry everyone, my grandpa's just confirmed that the coronavirus "isn't even real anyway"

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I've heard it called a hoax by people very high up in the social circles. who knows what to believe anymore?!?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

klapman posted:

dont worry everyone, my grandpa's just confirmed that the coronavirus "isn't even real anyway"

well my uncle works at the CDC and he says

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

dee eight posted:

well my uncle works at the CDC and he says

Well, my uncle works at Nintendo and he said the switches are all sold out, but you can gladly get one if you'd like to pay some scumbag double the price

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Relinking the some good news with john krasinski because i really needed it and maybe others here do to, watch to feel good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

klapman posted:

considering we live in a simulated universe he's probably right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fallows posted:

Relinking the some good news with john krasinski because i really needed it and maybe others here do to, watch to feel good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U

What is happening to this man's chin, he's slowly turning into Robert Z'Dar