Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No Butt Stuff posted:

All teams, plus staff (200 each?), plus a food supply chain and housekeeping staff and lodging and... Yeah you aren't doing that for 5 months.

The NFL absolutely can afford it for 5 years minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Literally just the teams, coaches, and refs would be like 2500 people. But they should do this, because I want Gridiron Gulch to have reality TV footage of the players cooking and doing laundry for 80 people. Everybody hates Mondays, even though that’s when fresh supplies come in, because they all have to play stevedore to get stuff back to the barracks. Some rotational linebacker turns out to have worked at their uncle’s landscaping company and ends up maintaining all the fields. All the cameras break down by week three.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Cost isn't the issue. Logistics is

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Okay players, you all need to leave your families for 5 months to live in a dorm again in Omaha.

How many veterans do you think retire on the spot hearing that?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

Okay players, you all need to leave your families for 5 months to live in a dorm again in Omaha.

How many veterans do you think retire on the spot hearing that?

Will Brady be able to bring his quack doctor?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Flikken posted:

Will Brady be able to bring his quack doctor?

The Bucs are gonna let Brady do literally whatever he wants

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

The Bucs are gonna let Brady do literally whatever he wants

That's assuming that the doctor will want to go this penal colony isolated league for 5 months

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
biodome but for football

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

biodome but for football

america needs this in order to heal. johnny manziel and josh gordon break into the NFL's secret camp and start growing purple sticky punch in a back closet

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Ladies and gentleman, we can, should, must and will conquer the moon in the name of American football.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is apparently what the Premier League is considering in England.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Ladies and gentleman, we can, should, must and will conquer the moon in the name of American football.

I reckon the owners would do it if they'd get full naming rights and residuals classed as non football income.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

All teams, plus staff (200 each?), plus a food supply chain and housekeeping staff and lodging and... Yeah you aren't doing that for 5 months.

So it’s Survivor:NFL?

Hell I’d bet Jeff Probst would be a better commissioner anyway.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The NFL takes over a town, moves all 32 teams there, along with front office, trainers, medical staff, officials, and camera crew. Logistics chain set up for day-to-day activities. There's one football stadium, a basic high school one. Every team uses it, cycling between each team in strict order mandated & enforced by the NFL 24 hours nonstop. Practice order is randomly chosen every week. Games are Thursday, Sunday, and Monday, played in consecutive hours in a 24-hour cycle. The only fans attending are the logistics teams that run the town. It would be like The Truman Show & Big Brother for 17 weeks, complete with remote video teams recording & airing off-field stuff.

Would you watch this? Would you be willing to work at this town?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Android Apocalypse posted:

The NFL takes over a town, moves all 32 teams there, along with front office, trainers, medical staff, officials, and camera crew. Logistics chain set up for day-to-day activities. There's one football stadium, a basic high school one. Every team uses it, cycling between each team in strict order mandated & enforced by the NFL 24 hours nonstop. Practice order is randomly chosen every week. Games are Thursday, Sunday, and Monday, played in consecutive hours in a 24-hour cycle. The only fans attending are the logistics teams that run the town. It would be like The Truman Show & Big Brother for 17 weeks, complete with remote video teams recording & airing off-field stuff.

Would you watch this? Would you be willing to work at this town?

donald trump visits, everyone gets the virus

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Quiet Feet posted:

Anyone else remember Mario Manningham?

Fly away troll

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Raku posted:

donald trump visits, everyone gets the virus

:allears:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want them to try this because they would spend a ton of money only to inevitably be thwarted when 1-20 :siren: :woop: :siren: STUDENT ATHLETES WHO RECEIVED A FREE WORLD CLASS EDUCATION JUST TO PLAY A CHILD'S GAME :siren: :woop: :siren: doesn't believe in germs and tracks in Corvid, Typhus and somehow Polio.

DJ Reader thinks dinosaurs didn't exist. I doubt every player has been taking this seriously.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I want them to try this because they would spend a ton of money only to inevitably be thwarted when 1-20 :siren: :woop: :siren: STUDENT ATHLETES WHO RECEIVED A FREE WORLD CLASS EDUCATION JUST TO PLAY A CHILD'S GAME :siren: :woop: :siren: doesn't believe in germs and tracks in Corvid, Typhus and somehow Polio.

DJ Reader thinks dinosaurs didn't exist. I doubt every player has been taking this seriously.

More than 50% of players thought the new CBA was worth approving, they're mainly idiots.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

More than 50% of players thought the new CBA was worth approving, they're mainly idiots.

A large number of them voted when they didn't have the full information. Once the full details were out, they were told they could not change their votes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
LMAO Jim Irsay decided to cover Turn the Page just because

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapo...10-7750a43c1aa7

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

A large number of them voted when they didn't have the full information. Once the full details were out, they were told they could not change their votes.

Mr. Nice, you're a lawyer, right? What would you call a client who signed a contract they didn't read?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hahhaha what a dumb loving idea. wow.

Eifert Posting posted:

Aren't you thinking of Albert Haynesworth? He also had some interesting ideas re: mermaids too iirc

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Forget the other logistical issues, where the gently caress will you find 16 football fields in one place so you can play all the games?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Chichevache posted:

Mr. Nice, you're a lawyer, right? What would you call a client who signed a contract they didn't read?

Typical.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Forget the other logistical issues, where the gently caress will you find 16 football fields in one place so you can play all the games?

no no no it all happens at one field

you just play 2 or 3 games per day 7 days per week duh!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

no no no it all happens at one field

you just play 2 or 3 games per day 7 days per week duh!

Imagine how destroyed that loving field would get.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

its like an idea an obsessive 4 year old might have when you tell him his favorite hobby won't be happening on schedule anymore

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I would put my life savings on a bet that you agreed to a contract in the last month without skimming it. I'm not saying the players were smart to sign off right away, but they were not in any way unusually dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just gotta replace the astro turf every night :eng101:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I would put my life savings on a bet that you agreed to a contract in the last month without skimming it. I'm not saying the players were smart to sign off right away, but they were not in any way unusually dumb.

Does clicking I Agree on every agreement when I install a video game count?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean, if they go to the Dakotas they could probably throw a dart at a map and find space for 32 fields.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Finding space for fields is like the least relevant problem with that proposition, lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ehud posted:

Just gotta replace the astro turf every night :eng101:

Yeah just send a few folks over to Home Depot after every game to pick up a couple of rolls.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

I'm sure they read the brief thing that the NFLPA and NFL put out about pay and such, but that did not have all of the details. They voted with incomplete and potentially misleading information.

Further, most of the players in the NFL are not well educated on the implications of everything in a CBA. That's what attorneys are for. When an attorney gave his opinion on the matter with a detailed explanation, people disfavored it but weren't allowed to change their vote.

There is a distinct power imbalance in these types of negotiations, and the players were victimized even if >50% voted yes.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eifert Posting posted:

I mean, if they go to the Dakotas they could probably throw a dart at a map and find space for 32 fields.

Honestly they could probably find space for a fresh field per game

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Maintaining an NFL quality football field is really difficult and expensive and even teams worth billions still gently caress it up.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine the Woody and Buzz Lightyear meme, but MRSA

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maintaining an NFL quality football field is really difficult and expensive and even teams worth billions still gently caress it up.

I’m not sure it’s that they hosed up but that they just don’t give a poo poo

Snyder sold expired beer and peanuts, do you think he really cares to spend money on the field?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Lol you’d call them a client dude. 99% of people, yourself included, have no idea what they agree to.