Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I'm actually a bit nervous about having to go out for blood tests tomorrow and chemo on Friday.

I know the hospital is doing everything it can to minimise the risk. I just hope it's enough. You can't draw blood or place a cannula without getting closer than two metres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Lolie posted:

How is everyone coping with lockdown? Still enjoying the novelty of it or totally over it already?

the worst i have to deal with is survivors guilt for still having a job, and embarrassment at how similar quarantine lifestyle is to my business as usual

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?

Isaac posted:

Gotta get a tooth removed but maybe if I just ignore it another year itll disintegrate on its own

I tried that once and now somewhere around here I have a molar you can fit the tip of your pinky into. Make sure dentists are open by the time you get to "there's just an exposed nerve in my mouth" because that's when you stop waiting and start testing how the pliers feel in your hand

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Isaac posted:

I wonder if the dentist is open

I had to have a bunch of teeth extracted via surgery recently and thank gently caress I had it done before this pandemic nonsense hit.

Had an exposed nerve and was in loving agony.

If you need urgent poo poo done.. get it done sooner rather than later mate.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Lolie posted:

I'm actually a bit nervous about having to go out for blood tests tomorrow and chemo on Friday.

I know the hospital is doing everything it can to minimise the risk. I just hope it's enough. You can't draw blood or place a cannula without getting closer than two metres.

good luck, it must be completely miserable to deal with chemo during this whole thing. Really cursed, I hope the chemo people are as professional about contamination as they should be with people that are immunosuppressed.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Caesar Saladin posted:

good luck, it must be completely miserable to deal with chemo during this whole thing. Really cursed, I hope the chemo people are as professional about contamination as they should be with people that are immunosuppressed.

It's a bit weird because everyone else is now subject to restrictions that are more extreme than the ones I was following even just a few weeks ago and those restrictions are backed up by the weight of the law.

I had definitely been looking forward to those limitations easing up in the months following chemo ending, but that seems unlikely now.

On the other hand, chemo is no longer the reason I will be unable to celebrate my birthday next month and my granddaughter's in May, so it's a bit of a wash.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeah I had a flight to Tassie planned for juneish

That ain't happening

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

good time to sell my home gym equipment, i think

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jestery posted:

That ain't happening

Yeah, I don't want to see them relax the restrictions too early - especially as we're heading into flu season.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Managed to get bogroll at Costco, mince is limited to 1 type of animal mince packet per person.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Lolie posted:

How is everyone coping with lockdown? Still enjoying the novelty of it or totally over it already?

Working from home has been good, very productive apart from service calls. I've put my mobile to hide caller ID as I don't want any of the techs to get my personal number. Other than that I've been cycling every morning and reading a lot more so I'm healthier and better engaged than ever. Really missing the ability to go out and take photos tho. I had some projects planned that I'd just bought film for but they're all on the back-burner now.

Jestery posted:

That ain't happening

RIP our trip to Dark Mofo, they cancelled the Antique camera fair too. We were planning South America in August but that's almost certainly not happening either. Luckily we hadn't booked anything yet.

Probably going to pour that money into doing the floors and then turning the garage into a dark room.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
My dentist postponed my regular check-up and clean for four months; they are down to emergency appointments only.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

Managed to get bogroll at Costco, mince is limited to 1 type of animal mince packet per person.

Yeah, I think I might have to rejoin Costco. We let our membership lapse because we were hardly ever going there but this is going to last months at best so it might be a worthwhile investment.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

Foxtel movies for free!

Just watched First Blood. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is next.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Blow posted:

Foxtel movies for free!

Just watched First Blood. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is next.

They've given me some extra stuff until the end of May, too.

For some reason I can't settle into watching TV at the moment so Foxtel and Netflix are both going to waste.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Lolie posted:

I took a weeks leave to look after the kids during the school holidays, so I'd be doing the same thing anyway. Getting a lot of quality time but not being able to take them out to places is a real pain in the arse.

Next week is Ms. Posters' turn to look after them while I go back to working from home.

Beyond that point I can only assume we begin the rapid descent into madness.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Meanwhile in Canberra:

Others were out beside the lake, including the Penn family - Chelley (mother), Stope (father), Kardel, Kaeden and Kayjana.

Father and mother were sparring with each other as exercise while the kids were circling on bikes.

"This has become our playground," Chelley Penn said. It was somewhere with lots of space to go to in order to get out of the house.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Hi, I'm Stope.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
At the Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets, there was plenty of space to park and no difficulty in keeping distance from other shoppers once you were out of the car.

"We're at the markets because it's the only place where I can get the salami I like," said Chris Leslie who was protected (to a limited extent) from the virus by a mask.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And now we play the 48-72 hour Coronavirus waiting game~

0/10 would not recommend having a cotton swab forced to the back of your nose and mouth

"Can I work from home boss? Anything to do to help?"
"No."
6 day weekend baby :slick:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

:siren:

The filth/jacks/cops/pigs/police are pulling every car over atm.

At least my weed dealer is still open.

:350:

Blow fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 31, 2020

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I saw like 8 cops/cars between erskine park and Westmead. At lunch time.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I've sweated out all my weed, next I'll quit smoking which will probably be way harder and more depressing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Might I introduce you all to the Forbidden Double Mask Technique

Which I wish I knew an hour ago, cause my beard was loving poking out goddamn everywhere with only a single.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Work at a coffee shop on the beach at the goldy and this week has been our busiest one since the Christmas holidays. Stay inside you loving deadshits! gently caress off!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Might I introduce you all to the Forbidden Double Mask Technique

Which I wish I knew an hour ago, cause my beard was loving poking out goddamn everywhere with only a single.

I may file this for later reference. I normally get a barber to do my beard when they cut my hair but there's no way that you could pay me enough to go near a barber atm so we'll see how long my beard gets in the mean time

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm not gonna shave until things are back to normal. Hopefully gonna end up with Frank Reynolds hair

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

just lol if you pay someone to do your beard. Just #1 your neck and #2-4 your face. I used to pay a dude to do it and it was a waste of money tbqh. Clippers are like $30 and don’t break.

Though I do sometimes fantasise about getting one of the really severe Craig David style straight line jobs done as a laugh. Maybe I’ll go to a Turkish barber when lockdown is over.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

well why not posted:

just lol if you pay someone to do your beard. Just #1 your neck and #2-4 your face. I used to pay a dude to do it and it was a waste of money tbqh. Clippers are like $30 and don’t break.

Though I do sometimes fantasise about getting one of the really severe Craig David style straight line jobs done as a laugh. Maybe I’ll go to a Turkish barber when lockdown is over.

I like having my beard decently long tbh and it only ever costs me like $25 for both a clipper cut and a beard trim. The normal clippers you buy don’t work on my hair cause it’s too thick tbh

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I've been growing a moustache for self isolation and its come in really nicely, I'm glad I could hide away during its weaker moments

I am sure my barber could make your beard look better than you could yourself. Its a learned skill.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

well why not posted:

I have gone through 2 different $30 clippers. Im going to splash out on some exxy ones sooner rather than later, so i can be even more annoyed when those break in less than a year.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Get a pair of Wahls for around 100 clams. I got some for dealing with the dreadlocks my long haired cat gets each summer and if they can get through that they'll last you a lifetime.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lithium ion power in a trimmer? That's insane.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

+1 for Wahl, great clippers. Had a set for about 3-4 years now

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, don't get battery powered clippers.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

I've been growing a moustache for self isolation and its come in really nicely, I'm glad I could hide away during its weaker moments

I am sure my barber could make your beard look better than you could yourself. Its a learned skill.

I’ve never really been good at doing poo poo in the mirror either hence I pay someone else.

Nothing quite like getting stuck behind an old while walking on a narrow footpath. You end up having to dawdle to maintain distance that is appropriate for the end times.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I actually really enjoy going to the barber, he's a cool guy and the music is good in there, and I strut outta there feeling slick as hell

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I tried to cut my own hair with clippers (no beard) and it was so bad I paid for a haircut to fix it for the first time in something like 12 years. I asked the only lady that cuts hair in my village what she does with herself for a hobby and she said she's writing a script and I made the mistake of asking her for more information and she basically explicitly described a murder mystery where the victim was a really obvious caricature of a well known man about town and now I cannot ever go back there again and I felt compelled to tell him this story as a warning

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 31, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I saw the funniest home haircut the other day. It looked like it was done by an overconfident girlfriend who was like "i'm totally fashionable, I know just how to cut men's hair, it can't be hard at all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I tried to cut my own hair with clippers (no beard) and it was so bad I paid for a haircut to fix it for the first time in something like 12 years. I asked the only lady that cuts hair in my village what she does with herself for a hobby and she said she's writing a script and I made the mistake of asking her for more information and she basically explicitly described a murder mystery where the victim was a really obvious caricature of a well known man about town and now I cannot ever go back there again and I felt compelled to tell him this story as a warning

This feels aggressively English.