Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/C_R_MacDonald/status/1244625578600398849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ha.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Jayden staggers out of his Cozy Coupe, sippy cup in hand.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Jayden staggers out of his Cozy Coupe, sippy cup in hand.

Florida kid...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cross posting from EKDS5k's thread

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks like one bolt came out.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Worth saying, he mentioned those are M30 bolts. That's a whole lotta broken rear end poo poo.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Krakkles posted:

Worth saying, he mentioned those are M30 bolts. That's a whole lotta broken rear end poo poo.

lol those aren't real

:ohdear:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It's such a beautiful example of fatigue failure, you can see the crack propagation through the grain structure in each bolt.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Speaking of crazy fast...

Has anyone else noticed that people are getting crazier (than normal) on the roads lately, I've noticed a huge increase the past 3-4 days since the quarantines started of people flying past me doing easily double the posted limit

No reason for it, since traffic is next to nonexistent even during what used to be rush hour, i guess they figure the cops won't stop anyone so it's pedal down baby!

Seriously a mini cooper passed me and was doing close to 200 in a 100 (km/h) and then a few others started following suit cause I guess why not eh?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That just made me realize I haven't driven in three weeks so I got no idea what the roads are like.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
if u aint first ur last

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Blue On Blue posted:

Speaking of crazy fast...

Has anyone else noticed that people are getting crazier (than normal) on the roads lately, I've noticed a huge increase the past 3-4 days since the quarantines started of people flying past me doing easily double the posted limit

No reason for it, since traffic is next to nonexistent even during what used to be rush hour, i guess they figure the cops won't stop anyone so it's pedal down baby!

Seriously a mini cooper passed me and was doing close to 200 in a 100 (km/h) and then a few others started following suit cause I guess why not eh?

Funny, my local paper just ran an article about that. Troopers have been pulling them over left and right over the past week, up to 122mph in a 55. I guess people are figuring the wasteland is here.

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
Yup, my local CHP said they've caught more people doing over 100mph in the past two weeks than they did all last year.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i had the opposite experience. i went and drove my car for the first time in 2 weeks today and everyone else who was out was creeping along at like 12 mph

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I can tell how white drivers during the pandemic are 💯.

If they're speeding, they're 100 powdered toast man.

the rest of us are following the speed limit so the police don't throw us in jail or to an ICE facility.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The roads around here are almost empty, so I guess "having large open stretches of empty road, for once" brings it out?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Gotta be fast outrun that corona

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Blue On Blue posted:

Austin PD has publicly stated they're not even bothering with traffic enforcement right now, so yeah, the crazy drivers are out in force. Lots of red light runners and people hauling rear end. APD won't respond to accidents unless there's injuries or cars are disabled enough that they can't get off the road under their own power.

Unless you're in a big rig. APD Commercial Vehicle Enforcement is still out in force (if you're in Austin and drive big stuff, be drat careful on 183 north of Mopac, they're always looking for a reason to stop commercial vehicles a bit before 620). And the bored suburb cops are even more bored than usual. I've been followed 3 times going to work in the past week (1.8 mile drive, but it's always just before 10pm; the cops around here know me and my car, they've stopped me enough times for "looking out of place" and know I work overnights in an essential job). :argh:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Previa_fun posted:

Gotta be fast outrun that corona

The tower guard from the first chapter of The Stand says "this don't work"

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

If they're speeding, they're 100 powdered toast man.

I'm being called out, but I speed even when we aren't facing a crazy pandemic

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Traffic is usually moving faster than usual, and definitely less than usual, here in the DFW area. There's still people who make you wonder, of all the people who stayed home, why didn't you?, like the person doing 5 under in the fast lane + the rolling road block in the next two lanes preventing passing, but mostly folks are doing at or above, at least until you hit a group of the aforementioned roadblocks.
I did 80 (70 MPH speed limit) on State Highway 183 between Euless and Dallas this morning, at 8:30 AM. Came in to prep some PCs to ship out to new folks, and people due for replacement. Few other folks here, which was planned, since I needed to get into the mailroom to retrieve the received laptops.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

On my way home from work the other morning - at 6 loving AM, mind you, on a 45 mph road, I was doing 50ish (55 indicated, but I know my speedometer reads high). Which is pushing it with the way the cops are in my suburb. I was in the right lane

Porsche flew up behind me, laid on his horn, threw on his high beams, and parked on my rear bumper for half a loving mile. Dude, it's a street full of apartments, it's 6 in the loving morning. I'M IN THE loving RIGHT LANE, I'M ALREADY GOING 5 OVER IN A SUBURB KNOWN FOR STOPPING YOU FOR 3 OVER, GO THE gently caress AROUND. My car can barely get away from an angry 80 year old person in a mobility scooter, much less a Porsche. My 1/4 mile time is ~20 seconds, FFS.

Turns out the high beams on the JDM lights I have are loving bright (they really turn night into day, I had no idea some H1 bulbs could light up the road like that). I returned the favor once he passed me and watched him swerve noticeably and hammer the brakes a bit once I hit the brights. Look rear end in a top hat, you blinded the gently caress out of me for half a loving mile, I kept slowing down to get you off my rear end when I was already speeding in the right lane, there's NOBODY ELSE AROUND, you didn't try to pass me on the left until I threw on my signal to turn into my apartment complex, I'm gonna get a little bit of payback. I get it, you want the Bernie rainbow sticker on the car bad enough to run me off the road.. :fuckoff:

(I really need a rear dashcam for this kinda poo poo...)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 1, 2020

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I regularly hear fancy engines going very quickly on the highway on this side of Portland at night, but lately it's been a lot more frequent.

Wonder if Michael Jordan's getting out on his bike...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I ain't saying speed, but I got nabbed last month and I was scheduled for court but they just gave everyone reduced charges in the mail instead of cramming everyone in a courtroom.

80 in a 55 I was looking at like $800+ and points on my license.

Got 2 non-moving violations.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Imma drive so fast I'm gonna get a reduced felony.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Cage posted:

80 in a 55 I was looking at like $800+ and points on my license.

Got 2 non-moving violations.

Without getting into the actions themselves, anybody who gets a speeding ticket should absolutely look into getting a lawyer to handle it for you if possible. For a little less than what I would have ended up paying for the speeding ticket I got it knocked down to a non-moving violation and never had to show up anywhere. Because everything is an app now, I used one called Off The Record.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Reckless driving sounds like a super great idea during a pandemic, one mistake and you'll be critically injured in a hospital where you're certain to die from reduced care capacity and you know, the virus itself. Smooth.

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
Just want to pop in and say that I have definitely been speeding here in Canada, but never when there are other people on the road near me. I drive up into the farmland and have some fun. That said they have had record numbers of people being busted for street racing here (going 50km/h over the speed limit). Street racing gets your car impounded for 7 days and the equivalent of a felony charge here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Reckless driving sounds like a super great idea during a pandemic, one mistake and you'll be critically injured in a hospital where you're certain to die from reduced care capacity and you know, the virus itself. Smooth.

Live a little. Okay, very little.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Our state troopers announced reduced traffic stops.

I keep seeing county sheriff's with rural road speed traps everywhere instead.

Thankfully it's hard to speed in the white trash party bus.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Courts will be sending out basically freebie cards at this point.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Another drive home after work, I would say the average on our major highway has gone from 120-125km/h to 140. Posted limit is 100km/h

And yes I did see one lady doing 105 in the left lane, and another one that tried to merge into me

Turns out the current situation means idiots are still driving and still doing poorly at it, there are just more gaps between them

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yes, I was saying last week that we're back to die-of-a-broken-leg times.

Around here I haven't seen much aggressive/fast driving, but holy poo poo is the driving bad. I think just like there's a safety paradox, there's a poo poo driving paradox. Normally I see one really stupid thing a day among hundreds of cars, now I see three cars a day and 33% of them are merging into the bike lane to prepare for rolling through a stop sign and making a left.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Like, I've done bad poo poo driving, many years ago, I used to go 140mph in my GTI on the freeway, risking death, risking imprisonment...these were stupid times...but now IS NOT THE TIME!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

LifeSunDeath posted:

Like, I've done bad poo poo driving, many years ago, I used to go 140mph in my GTI on the freeway, risking death, risking imprisonment...these were stupid times...but now IS NOT THE TIME!
I read this in vin diesels voice.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cage posted:

I read this in vin diesels voice.

I miss that car. Only did top speed runs like 4-5 times, usually driving through the desert. But the last time was on an occupied segment of freeway, an older modded GTI and I started racing each other, and he just kept pulling away but I had hit the limit at 140, I sort of woke up from my idiocy and decided to never gently caress around like that again. My current car is RWD, so one time I tried to low speed drift it through a wet intersection and ended up doing a 270 degree spin and stopped really close to the curb...I got super lucky, and while I regret doing it, it put so much fear into me about losing traction that I drive like a grandpa in it at all times now, which is honestly the best way to live.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sagebrush posted:

i had the opposite experience. i went and drove my car for the first time in 2 weeks today and everyone else who was out was creeping along at like 12 mph

In town here is super slow, but that's because lots of people are walking / biking / running in the shoulders of residential streets to maintain distance. People see pretty chill overall. Biek guys out in force. I haven't driven too far on the freeway so I don't know how that's looking but I assume people are drivin real fast because they already drive pretty fast here in Michigan.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My wake up moment was pretty early on.. was 18 or 19. It was mid winter up in Alaska so there was a couple inches of packed snow/ice on all the roads. I was cheerfully cruising way too fast through an S section of road when I come around the last corner and see a wall of traffic stopped at a red light. It was physically impossible to stop in time and if I did hit someone it would have been somewhere between 30-40mph.

I got super lucky, my panic braking slid me right into the vacant left turn lane and I was able to come to a controlled stop. Sure scared the stupid out of my dumb young self though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

monsterzero posted:

Yes, I was saying last week that we're back to die-of-a-broken-leg times.

Around here I haven't seen much aggressive/fast driving, but holy poo poo is the driving bad. I think just like there's a safety paradox, there's a poo poo driving paradox. Normally I see one really stupid thing a day among hundreds of cars, now I see three cars a day and 33% of them are merging into the bike lane to prepare for rolling through a stop sign and making a left.

yeah this is what ive seen too. the only people out driving are the people who already rolled through stop signs and now they're emboldened because there's nobody out there to hit