Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hearing stuff like this makes me smile haha

Also turns out I can't put down fencing or anything while folks are over so I just have a pocket full of trees right now :v: oops.

I was so disappointed when I realized I couldn't fence in the entrance to the Able shop while my buddy was in there, but I can accept that that would be too much power to place in the hands of one villager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Waffle! posted:

I'm not ready to show off my island after seeing what other people have going on. I didn't do any city planning when putting down homes. My Museum, Able, Town Hall, and Nook are all lined up out of convenience... I have a lot of pathways to plot out when I get the option!

I wouldn't sweat it too much! I still check out grassy weed filled towns for fun :v:

That said I'm so sorry to the couple people trying to escape my island. I'm just laying on the beach as the "please let me leave" banner scrolls by haha

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That said I'm so sorry to the couple people trying to escape my island. I'm just laying on the beach as the "please let me leave" banner scrolls by haha

Do you need to do something as a host to let people leave? I'm open, AFK, with the thing facing away from me.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tender Bender posted:

Am I right that some of these clothes like the gingham shirt are just always in stock?

The two full mannequins on the left side rotate weekly rather than daily

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Huxley posted:

Do you need to do something as a host to let people leave? I'm open, AFK, with the thing facing away from me.

Nah, it's just if anyone is shopping or talking to a NPC then the game won't let people leave or arrive at the island. I have 4? 5? people here to shop and half the time the banner is trying to let people in or leave so it's just kind of funny.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If anyone keeps getting double fossils, I have a list typed out if you want to do some trading:

Looking for:
Anklyo Tail
Aklyo Torso
Anomalocaris
Archaeopteryx
Archelon Skull
Brachio Pelvis
Coprolite
Deinony Tail
Deinony Torso
Dimetrodon Skull
Dinosaur Track
Diplo Neck
Diplo Tail
Diplo Tail Tip
Dunkleoteus
Eusthenopteron
Iguanodon Tail
Iguanodon Torso
Megacero Skull
Megacero Torso
Megalo Right Side
Myliokunmingia
Opthalmo Skull
Opthalmo Torso
Pachy Tail
Plesio Tail
Quetzal Left Wing
Shark Tooth Pattern
Spino Tail
Stego Skull
Stego Torso
Tricera Skull
Tricera Tail

Have Extras of:

Brachio Chest (2)
Dimetrodon Torso
Iguanodon Skull (2)
Juramaia
Mammoth Torso
Parasaur Skull
Parasaur Tail
Parasaur Torso
Plesio Body
Sabertooth Skull
Spino Skull
Spino Torso
T-Rex Torso

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
am I blind or is there no string fish on the database that was linked? is there string fish in the game or am I mistaken?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, it's just if anyone is shopping or talking to a NPC then the game won't let people leave or arrive at the island. I have 4? 5? people here to shop and half the time the banner is trying to let people in or leave so it's just kind of funny.

Everyone is waiting in line for the changing room at the Able Sisters lol.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Included are some random rear end stuff not pictured like the animal mask. Also have the biker jacket and Kicks is in town selling a handful of backpacks and purses

Turnips are 116 so nothing special there. Gonna be planting trees and moving stuff around but feel free to stop by and shop if you want.

30CV4

Jesus H. Christ, this town looks amazing.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

DuhSal posted:

am I blind or is there no string fish on the database that was linked? is there string fish in the game or am I mistaken?

There is stringfish, you can catch them on the clifftop parts of the river from 4 PM to 9 AM.
Make sure you get one today though, this is the last day they spawn!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

glassyalabolas posted:

Jesus H. Christ, this town looks amazing.

Right? I'm all in "man I could use some more blue flowers" mode and people here are full on city planners.

Kudos @ThisIsACoolGuy!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Polderjoch posted:

There is stringfish, you can catch them on the clifftop parts of the river from 4 PM to 9 AM.
Make sure you get one today though, this is the last day they spawn!

Does "clifftop" mean right at the start of the waterfall, or is it anywhere on a river that's not at sea level?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Anywhere above sea level as long as it's not a pond IIRC

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sockser posted:

The two full mannequins on the left side rotate weekly rather than daily

Gotcha, thanks!

Martytoof posted:

Anywhere above sea level as long as it's not a pond IIRC

Thanks! I've been doing this all wrong...

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ah, apparently you can't just straight up AFK because the console will go to sleep. Can I change that setting?

New code is 5FFH8.

Have Able Sisters, all common fruits ready to pick. A globe in the shop.

Wants: roses and guitars (but mostly just visitors because it's fun).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I got the miles for catching 5 wasps today, it's not all 5 in one day, it's 5 in a row :) I caught like 3 yesterday and then two today

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

DuhSal posted:

Which database?

If it was mine (or if there's another one similar to it): it filters on the time of day by default, so unless it's after 16:00 wherever you are it won't show up unless you uncheck the time filter.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Huxley posted:

Ah, apparently you can't just straight up AFK because the console will go to sleep. Can I change that setting?

System settings -> Sleep Mode will let you change that, yup!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Brother Entropy posted:

post the homestuck sea lily, this is a safe place

okay but if anyone uses it they have to let me know, this is legally binding. they have to post a pic in the thread

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1244992287307747328

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1244992445873418240

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1244992610101415936

im actually really happy with the Light symbol since as pixels its a total mess but the smoothing makes it look really good

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Huxley posted:

New code is 5FFH8.

Yes, in your settings for the Switch you can set your Switch to never go into sleep mode if docked. I think in power settings?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Opening up my town a while while hanging out.

Sahara is walking around
Turnip prices are junk
Have the tailor open. Has a sweet skeleton costume and gas masks.
Feel free to shake trees, have all fruit hanging out
Looking for more flower seeds please! Trying to breed more blue flowers.

Dodo code:7JLT6

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So is there any other way to get iron nuggets besides rocks? At the rate I’m going it’s going to take me a couple weeks to get three nuggets. As I’m stuck on this island and have to rely on the rocks there

I thought there were other islands that don’t rely on being on the internet.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

brb totally remaking my villager to look like Wind Waker Link

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

theblackw0lf posted:

So is there any other way to get iron nuggets besides rocks? At the rate I’m going it’s going to take me a couple weeks to get three nuggets. As I’m stuck on this island and have to rely on the rocks there

buy nook miles tickets from Resident Services

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

You can buy tickets to go to random islands from the ABD terminal thingy in Resident Services (the little computer in the bottom right hand corner), they cost like 2000 nook miles and drop you on an island you'll never see again and are totally free to strip for resources.

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

theblackw0lf posted:

The islands you can visit with Nook Miles tickets don't need you to be online, as far as I'm aware.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Anyone have any good Turnip Prices today?

Hylianbunny
Dec 31, 2007

TG: oh ok time travels involved
TG: thats all you needed to say everythings cool and under control then

Huxley posted:

New code is 5FFH8.

Are you looking for any particular color of rose?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh God someone help my storage is slowly being taken over by cute clothes. :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

someone awful. posted:

You can buy tickets to go to random islands from the ABD terminal thingy in Resident Services (the little computer in the bottom right hand corner), they cost like 2000 nook miles and drop you on an island you'll never see again and are totally free to strip for resources.

I rather stupidly destroyed most of my rocks, can I grow new ones?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Yup! You'll get a new rock every day until you're back up to your maximum amount.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, you get a one new one each day.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for the compliments :shobon:

Iron Crowned posted:

You get a new one each day, but faster to just hit up random islands.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

theblackw0lf posted:

You can hit each rock 8 times

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it possible to relocate rocks? I have one right in the middle of my towm but I don't want to just gamble with where it would pop back up.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hylianbunny posted:

Are you looking for any particular color of rose?

Anything but yellow.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I finally got a nook miles island that's not just standard one (well I did get one that had 5 bell rocks a few days ago)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hopeandjoy posted:

Yes, in your settings for the Switch you can set your Switch to never go into sleep mode if docked. I think in power settings?

You can do this for handheld, too apparently! Thanks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anyone have Durians? I need Durians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hmm, I don't understand the wand. I registered an outfit with the wand but the individual items are no longer available to me to mix and match? How do I un-register an outfit so I can start using them again? Seems really annoying that I can't wear a wand outfit when I'm trying to mix and match at the tailor shop. Just feels really all over the place. I guess I should unregister everything and just stay with manual wardrobe if I'm not someone that switches all that often? Or at least until I set a few specific outfits I like.