Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

check that poo poo out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

Fatalism is not what you want in your doctor. Nor really do you want a scumbag who encourages people to steal as much as possible on their way out the door like some psychotic baby boomer. Both of those traits would make you very bad at medicine.

Don't tell me what I want Dad, I'm a grown rear end man

edit: Emphasis on rear end

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Admiral Ray posted:

go ahead u doomsaying goons, read my posts. u'll only being reading the truth

Admiral Ray posted:

im a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and i like to kiss my own butt

:hmmyes:

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1245053216259059712?s=21

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

check that poo poo out

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 31, 2020

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Fatalism is not what you want in your doctor. Nor really do you want a scumbag who encourages people to steal as much as possible on their way out the door like some psychotic baby boomer. Both of those traits would make you very bad at medicine.

???

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I just learned about Zdzisław Beksiński, his art is really hitting right now, does anyone have any other similar artists I can check out?

I'd also be interested in this. You may want to check out Otto Dix if you're looking for grotesque, weird art. He's a WWI German painter known for his hideous and satirical portraits and battlefield scenes.

Seems appropriate:

Hello.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Not to poo poo on these people's research since a fuckton of the useful things we have now came from research that wasn't aiming to invent that specific thing, but at this point I think you'll be hard pressed to find a city sewer that doesn't contain any Corona.

Edit:
Silly me missed that they think it might be useful to identify future waves, which, sure, maybe.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I need more artists or art like this, there has to be more

Check out Felicien Rops and Max Ernst.

Rops definitely gets a bit :nws: (and in some cases, :nms: ), but, well, who here is at work anyways?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Rops definitely gets a bit :nws: (and in some cases, :nms: ), but, well, who here is at work anyways?

Post-WW2 Europe created some seriously amazing art

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

did my weekly grocery run at 1pm today to see how the supply lines are holding up, store had pasta and for the first time in weeks, TP beyond the first hour of being open. Panic buying seems to have ebbed

plexiglass up at the registers and signage, strictly enforced, as to where people should stand to maintain a safe distance. Lots of customers with masks, thin crowds, people keeping their distance

had a brief chat with the lady at the gas station, people in front of me in line had been anxiously grumbling about not being able to get into the hospital to see somebody, and everything was meticulously cleaned and sanitized at her station. Made me really glad that with everything downtown closed I don't have any on-sites so I can 100% WFH, she said she was being as strict as possible about minimizing exposure and I believed her

not really worried about people not taking it seriously as a whole anymore, but still worried they did so too late. Also interested in where the old timers at the store got their masks

shovelbum posted:

so 57% of rurals arent feeling this, thats way too high if it keeps up, thats a lot of senators who can just deny forever

is this going by what the census deems rural or popular culture? there's a lot of towns down here in southern Indiana that are already being devastated by this right now that anybody off the street would call rural, but technically is isn't

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Victory Position posted:

Husqvarna or Singer?

I got my wife a really nice Singer a few years ago but she didn't like it, now she uses a White sewing machine that is not as nice.

As far as I know Singer and Husqvarna are owned by the same people now...

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 31, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What a POS

https://mobile.twitter.com/stonecold2050/status/1244385925334855680

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenJordan3/status/1245025394870431745

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/BenLaBolt/status/1245056852225708032
chad seroconverted

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Not always a fan of getfiscal but I do love it whenever he makes fun of anarchists

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

SchrodingersCat posted:

I got my wife a really nice Singer a few years ago but she didn't like it, now she uses a White sewing machine that is not as nice.

My girlfriend would love a Singer. She borrows her mom's old one a lot when she has to sew stuff, she did a great job hemming the curtains we bought that were too long for the windows

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

go ahead u doomsaying goons, read my posts. u'll only being reading the truth

haha nice try i'm not reading poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

stay safe baloogan

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Someone in DC is running around with a black sheet over their head and paper sheets stapled to the sheet running around, banging on doors and yelling nonsense... poo poo getting weird... I have vid and it... Odd...

Patiently waiting for video.

Don't leave us hanging

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i went to the grocery store with my wife yesterday en route to pick up her car. there was a woman with a homemade mask made out of what looked like paper towels. it wasnt covering her nose. she was wearing gloves and constantly was touching her face to adjust the mask. it infuriated my nurse spouse

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Toph Bei Fong posted:

haven't I seen this somewhere before... ?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

FAUXTON posted:

captain trups

Feldegast42 posted:

Captain Trumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxTFAlQkUk

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol if we tried that here we'd be giving immunity certificates exclusively to our politicians and celebrities, and without testing to back any of it up

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

I wonder if this will lead to a new surge of people trying to get Covid-19 on purpose so they can get it over with and a certificate after.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Griefor posted:

I wonder if this will lead to a new surge of people trying to get Covid-19 on purpose so they can get it over with and a certificate after.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Well my husband's 74 year old mother had to go to the ER for a kidney infection. That's less than ideal.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

The number of backflips we're all being forced to dance through to ensure a few healthcare executives and hospital administrators don't suffer a pay cut is really something to behold. Never in the history of humanity has the entire population of the world bent their knees to make sure a few people get to keep their careers.

You know you could just sell the Porsche and open up a free clinic tomorrow morning, right?

yeah this is pretty distressing

especially since a government run healthcare system would still have administrators, they just wouldnt get bounties for cutting costs in unnecessary and dangerous ways

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

so these people are part of the russian destabilization effort, right

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Rynn posted:

My girlfriend would love a Singer. She borrows her mom's old one a lot when she has to sew stuff, she did a great job hemming the curtains we bought that were too long for the windows

I inherited this from my grandpa who was a legit cobbler. it's bad rear end

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jackiefielder_/status/1244700197826879511?s=21

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

doom is coming but this isn't it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yikes

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Post-WW2 Europe created some seriously amazing art

For more like them, check out Odilon Redon and Paul Nash.

I love my hosed up artists.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Victory Position posted:

haven't I seen this somewhere before... ?

the true origins of the intellectual dark web

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NofrikinfuN posted:

i just got back from a doctors appointment to continue on some meds and my doctor was surprisingly blackpilled on the whole thing

he was like "well if there's any plus side, it could do a lot to rectify overpopulation"

and im like drat doc, write the prescription

malthusian doctors are inherently untrustworthy imo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

who could have ever expected that Newsom would do the bare minimum bone throwing to workers while siding with capital

hate my dumb robot governor

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so provide what you can and then provide evidence that you're not financially solvent so they can legally evict you

solid plan, Newsom, very solid

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

my bony fealty posted:

who could have ever expected that Newsom would do the bare minimum bone throwing to workers while siding with capital

hate my dumb robot governor

lol that most cities throughout the South are so much less fiscally conservative than any level of government in California

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

I just learned about Zdzisław Beksiński, his art is really hitting right now, does anyone have any other similar artists I can check out?

Simon Stalenhag. Less surreal, still unsettling and beautiful. https://www.simonstalenhag.se/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NofrikinfuN posted:

every statistic suggests that this is less a pandemic and more a culling

it's the dumbest kind possible though, it's not like the wfh people come out in a year after the poor olds have died and are safe, it'll still be waiting for them in the breath of every service worker they interact with