Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

biden/trump talking perfectly emulates the conversations you'd have in a dream where nothing makes sense but you just accept it as completely normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

shovelbum posted:

my favorite thing is working on a ship with european equipment that goes to europe

you order some parts for your engine

you pick them up in a container in europe of course not realizing it

you make it to the states and they say "oh we cant get it through customs in time for you but they say they can forward it onwards to your next port"

you get to your next port and because it is still ON YOU "oh we cant get it through customs in time but they say they can forward it onwards to your next port"

repeat

this is the newest innovation in international supply, it's called just too late logistics

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
they just discovered existential crisis is one of the symptoms sorry thread

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

caption contest

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Day Man posted:

These people should walk off the job. If we as a society have failed to even provide basic protective equipment to health care workers, we are not entitled to their care. They are under no obligation to die preventable deaths because of our hosed up government and oligarchy.

Yeah, they are talking and I think they're gonna refuse treatment without necessary ppe and I'm encouraging her to do so. I feel weirdly partially responsible since I provided intense tutoring for her years ago to help her get this degree, which I know is silly, but existential dread levels at peak right now.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

shovelbum posted:

my favorite thing is working on a ship with european equipment that goes to europe

you order some parts for your engine

you pick them up in a container in europe of course not realizing it

you make it to the states and they say "oh we cant get it through customs in time for you but they say they can forward it onwards to your next port"

you get to your next port and because it is still ON YOU "oh we cant get it through customs in time but they say they can forward it onwards to your next port"

repeat

lmao that owns

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sad Billionaire posted:

they just discovered existential crisis is one of the symptoms sorry thread

you're telling me i've had covid for 20 years?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

twoday posted:

caption contest

"Bat Country"

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

twoday posted:

caption contest

Thanks obama

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

twoday posted:

caption contest

3M DEAD

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

twoday posted:

caption contest

hope 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

holy poo poo

twoday fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 31, 2020

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TrevDon/status/1244382571720347648

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Blockade posted:

Oh gently caress I misheard what I should be getting, what am I going to do with 30 gallons worth of ham sanitizer?

bathe in it if you're like the typical goon

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Yes, I think I could, and I would. As someone already replied, the sodas would be the hardest part. I'd have to try to abstain from drinking anything for a short while beforehand

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Jonny 290 posted:

In unrelated news, completely random, if this poo poo keeps going much longer I'm hitting the feed store for an 80 lb bag of cracked corn and some 1/4" copper line.

Protip: dont use any copper line smaller than 3/8". Quarter can get clogged and that is not good.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress i been jonesin for a pizza from the decent joint down the street but i dont wanna get the rona :(

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

i was playing around with puns around the word "seal" but i can't beat this

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Jonny 290 posted:

https://raspberryhigh.fandom.com/wiki/Raspberryhigh_Wiki

i made a positive pressure 100% safe vaporizer as a joke yospos project years ago out of a raspberry pi and an old mac g4 cube and an ATX power supply. you could go into the yospos IRC channel and remotely turn it on and force me to smoke weed

lmao this is amazing

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

cool

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Llynfi wganagl dnr ftagn

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

mod sassinator posted:

i'm doing this pattern: https://sweetredpoppy.com/how-to-sew-a-fitted-fabric-mask/

but my own thing for securing it to head, I put little loops of webbing on sides and run a shoe lace through it and tie it up like for this mask: https://diymask.site/

i leave the top open a bit to flip it around with constructing, and i could fit a cut down bit of furnace air filter in if i really wanted to add some filtering power (otherwise it's a nice fabric cough shield)

edit: oh and I put a tiny pleat in the sides to hold it more flat against face, and i put a bit of bailing wire stitched inside the top as a form for your nose

I found this one to be quite good: https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/

fits tightly all around using a strand of 12ga copper wire as the nose clamp thing.

I had a giant roll of SMS (spunbond, meltblown, spunbond) polypropylene landscape fabric I used as a liner I wouldn't want to wear it all day to but for a grocery trip it is fine and I can sanitize it using the keep warm setting of my oven at 155°.

even if it doesn't work great it feels reassuring on a deep level to be doing something more than watching the numbers creep up. illusion of control and whatnot.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

twoday posted:

caption contest

working hard, thank you

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Blockade posted:

Oh gently caress I misheard what I should be getting, what am I going to do with 30 gallons worth of ham sanitizer?

1.75 liters of high proof rum should be suitable to make a rum ham imo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Musk already made good on 1,000 ventilators for CA.

Drop in the bucket realistically but if he wants to devote his money/energies to getting working machines to places that need them in exchange for Twitter publicity, I'll take it, especially given LA had to refurbish the less than 200 sent by the federal government.

at least ventilators are useful unlike the poo poo masks people like the my pillow guy are making to get headlines and show up on fox news

and that is the small amount of credit i will begrudgingly extend to musk during this crisis

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schmoe Cwead posted:

at least ventilators are useful unlike the poo poo masks people like the my pillow guy are making to get headlines and show up on fox news

and that is the small amount of credit i will begrudgingly extend to musk during this crisis

so are homemade masks actually useless or not, like I fail to see how using a rag to tie a hepa filter to your face or whatever is doing nothing at all

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

not a chance. maybe 1/3 of it.

the 90 minute limit is bullshit because the food will all be inedible after 5-10 minutes

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

FAUXTON posted:

hope 2020

lol

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

After three weeks of “cooking” at home this looks in-gently caress-ing credible

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Chris Cuomo has it? gently caress :(

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1245081998370181124

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I want a twenty count chicken nuggets so bad. I desperately desire a Popeyes spicy strips meal. dear god, send me a beefy Gordita crunch.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

yes and yes, come on

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

lol poo poo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kazak_Hstan posted:

yes and yes, come on