Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

pokie posted:

Nerds are horse-free like before, I believe.

thought this was a sick burn til I realized you meant Nords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I just got a fun infinite loading screen while trying to talk to some city quest giver. It kinda boggles the mind there is a loading screen to talk to these jerks.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

pokie posted:

I just got a fun infinite loading screen while trying to talk to some city quest giver. It kinda boggles the mind there is a loading screen to talk to these jerks.

I get what they were going for by wanting to load in the character models and backgrounds to talk to people/generals but it is not good when it takes 5 seconds to do it and you're having to do it every few minutes - just give me a pop-up box. I'm just speeding through them anyway because the dialogue never changes.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Haha, the board game with circular pieces in a circle has both your and your opponent's pieces in the same color instead of black and white. 7 years of testing :v:.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
So uh, protip here. Be really, really careful when your party is joined with an army because apparently sometimes you just aren't allowed to retreat so if your army gets caught by a bigger force there might not be anything you can do to avoid being captured if you didn't just bail before the battle.

Edit: At least you don't lose money other than paying your captors off to escape nor your equipped items but you do lose almost everything in your inventory. I don't even want to think about how many thousands of denars worth of horses I just lost.

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 31, 2020

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pokie posted:

Haha, the board game with circular pieces in a circle has both your and your opponent's pieces in the same color instead of black and white. 7 years of testing :v:.

Works on my machine :shrug:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

You can right-click troops when recruiting them to see the troop trees!

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Speaking of horses, raiding the caravans of your enemies during a war is an awesome way to make money. Besides all the regular goods you get so many goddamn horses. Like, I've got an unreasonable amount of horses kicking around now. I think I have more horses than soldiers.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Speaking of horses, raiding the caravans of your enemies during a war is an awesome way to make money. Besides all the regular goods you get so many goddamn horses. Like, I've got an unreasonable amount of horses kicking around now. I think I have more horses than soldiers.

Hold on to them, because you need a horse for every cavalry troop you promote.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I did a tournament and won. That was sweet. Should I keep being my own faction (i like my banner, it's a gold bird on a blue background) or should I join one of the factions in game?

Are they just different aesthetically? Or are their units similar as the multiplayer?

I played a bunch of multiplayer last night .God drat it owns.

fnox
May 19, 2013

The hideout mechanic is the worst thing I've seen thus far. Not only does it sometimes just make you wait arbitrarily for midnight even though sometimes it's morning by the time you're done, it's also that they seemingly forgot there's no stealth mechanics. You also can't pick your party so you get stuck with 8 guys trying to pick off bandits as the 6 recruits you're stuck with face block harpoons. The reward is also minimal.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Hold on to them, because you need a horse for every cavalry troop you promote.

That's fine for the war horses but these hundred sumpter horses are kind of just taking up space.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Thom12255 posted:

I get what they were going for by wanting to load in the character models and backgrounds to talk to people/generals but it is not good when it takes 5 seconds to do it and you're having to do it every few minutes - just give me a pop-up box. I'm just speeding through them anyway because the dialogue never changes.

yea i only had to play for like 15 minutes to realize this was a real stupid idea

if only Taleworlds had realized it too somewhere in the last 8 years

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

yea i only had to play for like 15 minutes to realize this was a real stupid idea

if only Taleworlds had realized it too somewhere in the last 8 years

It'll probably be literally the first mod available.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

That's fine for the war horses but these hundred sumpter horses are kind of just taking up space.

Actually, those Sumpter Horses each add to your Cargo Capacity.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Arven posted:

It'll probably be literally the first mod available.

Give the devs feedback about it and they might fix it themselves. Gotta remember that the whole point of early access is to bring all these complaints and gripes to light so the devs can do something about it.

Jackson Taus posted:

Actually, those Sumpter Horses each add to your Cargo Capacity.

They also increase your map speed since your infantry can ride them.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Trading seems pretty logical, a village that has a "specialization" will produce a high quantity at a low price, and typically any place that's decently far away from it will buy it at a good price, like I was hauling fish from a fishing village inland to a castle and getting 10 gold on every ton of it, which turned into decent money.

Also, i think there's mining of some type, because there are boulders on the campaign map that are kinda glowing and when I mouse over I get a little circle with a line through it, not sure what's up with that.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

smarxist posted:

Trading seems pretty logical, a village that has a "specialization" will produce a high quantity at a low price, and typically any place that's decently far away from it will buy it at a good price, like I was hauling fish from a fishing village inland to a castle and getting 10 gold on every ton of it, which turned into decent money.

Also, i think there's mining of some type, because there are boulders on the campaign map that are kinda glowing and when I mouse over I get a little circle with a line through it, not sure what's up with that.

I believe that is just a visual indicator of resources that nearby villages tap into

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Since you can recruit troops from anywhere, is there any particular reason to join with one faction over another, other than just location?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

fnox posted:

The hideout mechanic is the worst thing I've seen thus far. Not only does it sometimes just make you wait arbitrarily for midnight even though sometimes it's morning by the time you're done, it's also that they seemingly forgot there's no stealth mechanics. You also can't pick your party so you get stuck with 8 guys trying to pick off bandits as the 6 recruits you're stuck with face block harpoons. The reward is also minimal.

it'll pick from the top of your party roster, so you can move it around.

Bold Robot posted:

Since you can recruit troops from anywhere, is there any particular reason to join with one faction over another, other than just location?

if you're at war with someone then you can't go recruiting from their stuff and nominally you'll get more recruits from your own faction, as they'll like you more.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bold Robot posted:

Each faction also has different troop trees

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Whats the trick for caravans? I assume it depends heavily on the resource you choose to ship? I'm making jack poo poo with my caravan due to guard upkeep.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
bumbled into a battle with a big army against some looters and holy poo poo :stare:

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

How do I buy land in this town for a productive enterprise?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

fnox posted:

In Warband you had to adjust the position of your troops in the roster, where those at the top of the lists would be picked first in fights (excluding companions)

Is that not a thing in this? It picks them at absolute random?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"Hey we're going to beat up a gang in the city, wait here"
"ok"

"ok it's time to attack them"
*battle starts, I'm in my civilian clothes and get annihilated*

:cool:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

smarxist posted:

"Hey we're going to beat up a gang in the city, wait here"
"ok"

"ok it's time to attack them"
*battle starts, I'm in my civilian clothes and get annihilated*

:cool:

You can equip lighter armor like hats and light leathers or quilted jackets or whatever in your civvie slots but yeah it's easy to get loving wrecked hard in those missions, hoes don't gently caress around that poo poo does like 70 damage a pop.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

fnox posted:

You can pick your party for hideout raids. It's whoever is at the top of the party list.

Bold Robot posted:

Troop trees mostly. But you can mix unit types no problem. Just pick who you like.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 31, 2020

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Give the devs feedback about it and they might fix it themselves. Gotta remember that the whole point of early access is to bring all these complaints and gripes to light so the devs can do something about it.

There was multiple rounds of closed beta builds of this so I don't know why it wouldn't have been addressed before 'release'

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tyler Whitney posted:

There was multiple rounds of closed beta builds of this so I don't know why it wouldn't have been addressed before 'release'

Well I guess game bad then? :shrug:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

how do i get crossbow

or is the stupid 20000 one the only option i got starting out

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Games crashed like 3 times in an hour of play, 10/10 I missed the sweet feel of eurojank

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I just loaded the game after an update and my carrying capacity went to 1200 from 4800. WTF?

E: OK, I had to restart the game a couple of time, and it's fine now, but, seriously this is embarrassing.

pokie fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 31, 2020

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Well this game is a lot easier than warband to get started in. I picked all the 'trade' focused options in chargen mostly, and I was able to turn around right after the tutorial, hire 11 guys, buy every bit of gold (750ish) I had worth of trade goods, and go sell it for 1200 at the next city over. Which then told me that I could buy some wine for 100 and sell it for 225 in the other city, so I bought all 6 of those and then some velvet (buy for 160, sell for 210) with all my gold, and walked back, basically doubling my money. So I bought more people and some more food to level stewardship, and now 2 and a half hours in I'm carting around 4 companions, 25 tier 3 men, and have 13k gold in my pockets.

I have realistic everything except map movement speed.

I haven't even talked to a single noble yet, and the only missions I've done are some cattle delivery ones that I did because I figured I could check wares there and buy/sell more stuff at further places, might as well get some relations and extra gold while I do it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I think it's neat how if you pick a fight next to a village you get that village as the battle map.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I think it's neat that NPCs pick up spent javelins from the ground and throw them again.

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
I think it's neat horse-arching to get a few wins under my belt at the start of the game.

Gotta shephard those looters into a nice blob that's impossible to miss.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

papersack posted:

How do I buy land in this town for a productive enterprise?

It's not in the menu, you have to actually walk around the town. Press left Alt and look around. There will be multiple workshops, but all but one of them will have an NPC with a similar name standing nearby. Find the unrowned one (different type in each city), then talk to the guy inside to buy it.
They cost ~15k gold. If you want to cheat, switch it to a wood workshop, because that one produces crazy amounts of money. If you want to play it the the right way, pick something that uses the goods produced by nearby villages.

Dandywalken posted:

Whats the trick for caravans? I assume it depends heavily on the resource you choose to ship? I'm making jack poo poo with my caravan due to guard upkeep.

Caravans need a week or two to start making any money at all (during which you still have to pay them). They will eventually make more than they cost in upkeep, but I prefer having the companion available for other things so I probably won't use them again (or maybe one at most).

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 31, 2020

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
New patch is up, stole this from poster "Generation Internet" in the other thread:

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/326

quote:

Versions
Native: e1.0.0
SandboxCore: e1.0.1
Sandbox: e1.0.1
Storymode: e1.0.1
CustomBattle: e1.0.1

Fixed a rare crash when opening the multiplayer team selection screen.
Fixed a crash caused by timeout for the Army of Poachers quest.
Fixed a crash that occurred when failing Army of Poachers quest without fighting.
Fixed a crash caused by the Gang Leader Needs Weapons daily issue creation.
Fixed a crash caused by the Bounty Hunters quest success and fail consequences.
Fixed a rare crash that occurs when talking to common area thugs.
Fixed a crash that occurred when talking with village notables to get a quest.
Fixed a rare conversation freeze when following an NPC to find a quest hero.
Fixed a crash that occurred after clearing the Rival Gang quest.
Corrected the weapons of some ranged units.
Some troops that were using noble tier weapons received more appropriate equipment.
Some weapon parts' crafting material costs were fixed.
Some minor equipment changes for Aserai, Battania, and Khuzait troops.
Fixed a crash that occurred when helping an allied party that is besieging a settlement.
Fixed a crash that occurred when helping an allied party that is getting attacked while besieging enemy settlement.
A rare crash caused by AI clans joining kingdoms as mercenaries has been fixed.
Fixed a problem that locked the player in a conversation after asking a villager to take you to a character.
Fixed a crash with the quest Lord Needs Garrison Troops that occurred for some Vlandian castles.
Fixed a rare crash that occurred when talking to people (townsmen, townswomen, child, infant) in towns and villages.
Fixed a crash that occurred when running out of stamina while crafting charcoal.
Fixed a crash caused by the Rival Gang quest. If this quest was done before, there is a chance your save is already broken. Future errors are fixed.
Unintended consequences for clans that leave their kingdoms have been removed.
Players will now be able to make peace with minor faction lords through barter, saving them from a soft-lock to join kingdoms.
Siege tactic default weapons have changed.
Capped daily workshop income at 200.
Clan tier maximum party size bonus formula has changed.
Fixed some of the crashes after launching and on scene entry.
Fixed the infinite loading issue with some scenes.
Fixed a crash when switching options to low or very low.
Fixed an issue with the crash uploader.

Please note: You can roll back to the previous version by using the beta tab in the Steam game properties window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Jack B Nimble posted:

Trying not to buy a full price early access game but this thread is getting me hyped. Is there a "no horses" faction? I'm a miserable person that doesn't like them.

I got it for $36.84 (plus another 73 cents cashback via Rakuten) on Greenman Gaming with my VIP voucher. There was supposed to be vouchers I could hand out to friends but it looks like they disappeared :iiam:. The game is supposed to be 20% off ($39.99) on... probably tale world's site or something... if you own a previous game and if you buy during this early purchase period.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/mountandbladeiibannerlord/info/

GamesPlanet US/UK have it for $38.99 with code LORD5

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 31, 2020