Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

HOA's are run by the worst people in Earth who have legal control over the title to your house, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

It is well known that all landlords are bastards, but they're also really loving stupid bastards. Like, if they just start evicting people en masse then where do they think they're they gonna find new tenants when nobody has any loving money? It's just being evil for the sake of it at this point.

They don't think. They start from the assumption that the system is good and just (because it's working out for them). It's the same kind of thinking as when Ben Shapiro says that people with coastal homes will just sell them when climate change destroys them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah HOA's attract the absolute worst types of people. The power to set and enforce arbitrary rules and punish people who don't follow them. They also generally seem to always be "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" folks, who will - as an example - try to kick you out of your home for mandatory WFH because of an ongoing pandemic, because bylaw seven of article twelve on page three of the HOA agreement that YOU SIGNED stipulates that you will NOT run a business out of your own home, and thus-

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sydin posted:

Also a lot of landlords :qq:'ing about the lazy poors who got so many undeserved handouts from the government during the crisis and yet still somehow didn't have three measly months of rent on them, must have wasted it all instead of saving it like responsible adults.

Also a lot of banks:qq: 'ing about the lazy landlords who got so many undeserved handouts from the government during the crisis and yet still somehow didn't have three measly months of loan payments on them, must have wasted it all instead of saving it like responsible adults.

poo poo rolls uphill

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Halloween Jack posted:

There's a post in the Guillotine thread about an HOA that's trying to evict people (including homeowners) for working from home, under the rationale that it's running a business out of a residential space.

I can't even fathom why they're doing it. Why would you want to antagonize people who still have jobs and can pay their rent/mortgage?

lmao that rules

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Phone posted:

lmao that rules

There was a thread about it on Reddit, which got swamped with reports that it was fake, and the admins still determined it was real, but the OP deleted his post because reddit is garbage.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Also a lot of banks:qq: 'ing about the lazy landlords who got so many undeserved handouts from the government during the crisis and yet still somehow didn't have three measly months of loan payments on them, must have wasted it all instead of saving it like responsible adults.

poo poo rolls uphill

Yeah I'm not gonna cry a single loving tear over any landlords who eat poo poo because of this lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nonsense posted:

There was a thread about it on Reddit, which got swamped with reports that it was fake, and the admins still determined it was real, but the OP deleted his post because reddit is garbage.

i think this is it?
https://twitter.com/associatesmind/status/1244957130848952322?s=20

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Why would you protect the names of the guys doing this to you?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wouldn't typing a work email or responding to a callout at home be "commercial use" under this

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wouldn't typing a work email or responding to a callout at home be "commercial use" under this

one of the top replies is this

https://twitter.com/That_AC/status/1244966240495587329?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Because unlike them I don't want them to die.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Either fake or just a colourable reason to kick this person out for other reasons

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Dear person,

I don't know your name, or even whether you own the house I'm talking about, but somehow know you're working from home. Based on my interpretation of the seemingly undefined term of "commercial business", you now have 30 days to leave or I'll call the cops. You're still on the hook for the mortgage though somehow, I declare

poo poo is something a child would write. Fake or written by someone with a head injury

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

terrorist ambulance posted:

Dear person,

I don't know your name, or even whether you own the house I'm talking about, but somehow know you're working from home. Based on my interpretation of the seemingly undefined term of "commercial business", you now have 30 days to leave or I'll call the cops. You're still on the hook for the mortgage though somehow, I declare

poo poo is something a child would write. Fake or written by someone with a head injury

have you never dealt with an HOA before?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Phone posted:

have you never dealt with an HOA before?

Dear tenant, I'm dumb crazy and unreasonable, this is 30 days notice I'm going to come gently caress your partner and you have to watch and pay for it and then get out afterwards, otherwise police.

Just as plausible a letter

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cpt_Obvious posted:

more to the point, how the hell does this not lead to a lynch mob

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

So my folks have been sick and are self-isolating. They are workaholics who haven't slowed down much at all even under the current situation and don't make much time to follow news or politics specifically. Apparently my mom is allowing my dad a half hour of CNN while she does something else because she finds their coverage insufferable. I mentioned Reade's sexual assault allegation against Biden and they were clueless.

They asked me to provide some resources they can look into but I know they won't dedicate much time to this. It occurred to me that it might be helpful if I started compiling dossiers on candidates that list their various disqualifying statements, behaviours or actions. It then occurred to me something like this already must exist, so hook me up you loving goons.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Because unlike them I don't want them to die.

Mr. Lobe posted:

more to the point, how the hell does this not lead to a lynch mob

Nobody's going to die. Public shaming could lead to them backing off, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Corte posted:

So my folks have been sick and are self-isolating. They are workaholics who haven't slowed down much at all even under the current situation and don't make much time to follow news or politics specifically. Apparently my mom is allowing my dad a half hour of CNN while she does something else because she finds their coverage insufferable. I mentioned Reade's sexual assault allegation against Biden and they were clueless.

They asked me to provide some resources they can look into but I know they won't dedicate much time to this. It occurred to me that it might be helpful if I started compiling dossiers on candidates that list their various disqualifying statements, behaviours or actions. It then occurred to me something like this already must exist, so hook me up you loving goons.

"Mon, Dad, I'm your child, would I lie to you? I mean about something truly important like this, not where I was last night. Anyway, Biden is a rapist. K? Thnx."

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Corte posted:

You could link them to the Ball/Enjeti interview of Reade where she recounts the events in her own words.

This current affairs article is also a pretty good review of why nominating Biden is just a terrible, terrible idea.

I don't know if there's a goon-compiled page or anything, though.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Relatedly, the Current Affairs article on Cuomo is also very good. In conjunction with their articles on Biden and Pete, perhaps it'll get through to your parents that the general media representations of these powerful people are dishonest.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/03/stop-trying-to-make-andrew-cuomo-happen

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

We heard you on a conference call...

"I was playing Ultima..."

It sounded like business

"Most videogames do"

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Halloween Jack posted:

There's a post in the Guillotine thread about an HOA that's trying to evict people (including homeowners) for working from home, under the rationale that it's running a business out of a residential space.

I can't even fathom why they're doing it. Why would you want to antagonize people who still have jobs and can pay their rent/mortgage?

Either it's STDH or the old rear end rich white retirees are trying to run out (((those people)))

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Nobody's going to die. Public shaming could lead to them backing off, though.

Kicking people out during the pandemic will lead to some solid 19th century landlord shootin'. Ask the Irish.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How has Biden been able to get away with calling himself a democrat all this time? He's basically been a republican the entire time. It has to be deliberate.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Taffer posted:

Relatedly, the Current Affairs article on Cuomo is also very good. In conjunction with their articles on Biden and Pete, perhaps it'll get through to your parents that the general media representations of these powerful people are dishonest.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/03/stop-trying-to-make-andrew-cuomo-happen

this is good btw

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Waltzing Along posted:

How has Biden been able to get away with calling himself a democrat all this time? He's basically been a republican the entire time. It has to be deliberate.

no biden is as thoroughly democratic as they come, the party is deeply in the pocket of capital

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Waltzing Along posted:

I've got bad news for you about the majority of the Democratic party establishment.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No no, I get that. But Biden seems to be blatant in not having any democratic platform whatsoever. His stances on everything are from the right. So how has he been able to run from the left? Just constant lies to his constituents?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
MSM has convinced the Dem electorate at large that Trump is the worst human being to ever walk the face of the Earth, and that removing him from office is the greatest imperative of our modern era. Any attack on Biden or his policies is largely irrelevant to these folks because it does not matter: he is not Trump, and thus better than Trump, because as mentioned Trump is the worst person to have ever lived. Thus any complaints about him and his policies are at best ignored, and at worst auto-translated to you being a closeted Trump supporter just looking for an excuse.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Waltzing Along posted:

No no, I get that. But Biden seems to be blatant in not having any democratic platform whatsoever. His stances on everything are from the right. So how has he been able to run from the left? Just constant lies to his constituents?

It's Delaware.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Biden was on MSNBC saying they Michigan Governor was on the top of his VP list months ago, I’m guessing that’s not true.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Waltzing Along posted:

Delaware is an armpit of a state run by financial firms and LLC front companies. Biden is who they wanted.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Falstaff posted:

You could link them to the Ball/Enjeti interview of Reade where she recounts the events in her own words.

This current affairs article is also a pretty good review of why nominating Biden is just a terrible, terrible idea.

I don't know if there's a goon-compiled page or anything, though.

Thanks, those are great suggestions and I definitely plan to pass them along.

Yeah my secondary thought was if anyone is just compiling/aggregating all the information on various scandals and issues of various candidates. Given the 24hr news media cycle things tend to fall along the wayside quickly, I certainly have a far shorter memory when it comes to even truly awful acts than I used to. I just now remembered that Pete Buttigieg that fucker with the rat pelt on his face connive to fire the black police and fire chiefs of his city. I would love to have a Joe Biden oppo FAQ like the Bernie campaign has for texters.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Corte posted:

Thanks, those are great suggestions and I definitely plan to pass them along.

Yeah my secondary thought was if anyone is just compiling/aggregating all the information on various scandals and issues of various candidates. Given the 24hr news media cycle things tend to fall along the wayside quickly, I certainly have a far shorter memory when it comes to even truly awful acts than I used to. I just now remembered that Pete Buttigieg that fucker with the rat pelt on his face connive to fire the black police and fire chiefs of his city. I would love to have a Joe Biden oppo FAQ like the Bernie campaign has for texters.

[url]https://www.congress.gov/member/joseph-biden/B000444?q={%22search%22:[%22biden%22]}&s=1&r=1&searchResultViewType=expanded&KWICView=false[/url]

What I am saying is, that you are asking for practically his entire voting record. Name an issue and Joe was almost certainly on the wrong side of it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pingui posted:

[url]https://www.congress.gov/member/joseph-biden/B000444?q={%22search%22:[%22biden%22]}&s=1&r=1&searchResultViewType=expanded&KWICView=false[/url]

What I am saying is, that you are asking for practically his entire voting record. Name an issue and Joe was almost certainly on the wrong side of it.

This is true. He has always been on the wrong side of history, I don't know if a wronger politician ever lived.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Caught some of the Five of Fox. They were complaining about how mean people are to Donald Trump, and they bring up how not even Joe Biden will say he has blood on his hands.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mat Cauthon posted:

Delaware is an armpit of a state run by financial firms and LLC front companies. Biden is who they wanted.

poo poo, I forgot about his state. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Reporter: Would you say that Jason Vorhees has blood on his hands?

Me, getting ready for my stay at Camp Crystal Lake: That seems a bit harsh...