Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
e: nm

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Isn't getting it for Roll20 effectively getting a PDF of it anyway? Like, how would you use it if you didn't get the contents of the book?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Zurui posted:

So, I don't actually know how common this is but Paizo is charging full cover price for each individual book to have access to their materials on Roll20 and people are in a hullabaloo about it.

Like, I understand wanting to monetize online play but Jesus.

The short answer is there's absolutely no money in elfgames and even big players like WOTC and Paizo get to choose between doing this double dipping crap and going bankrupt.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Ties back into a lot of people not understanding that DnDBeyond is merely the preferred retailer for purely online content for 5E. They also don't understand that, if it weren't for DnDBeyond places like Roll20 would still be selling all of the content at full book price. I think Fantasy Grounds might still actually sell it at full price, even!

When it comes to Paizo there isn't a comparable platform to help pull down the price, so yeah. You're forking over the full dosh for it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
goddamn what a total poo poo

https://twitter.com/DyingStylishly/status/1242123291692806153

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

https://twitter.com/TinyTender/status/1242139329096491010

Hm

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Well that got weird.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

People on twitter really need to learn when and when not to talk about their fetishes.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Goth Maid For Awakened Squids' has Strong Username Energy.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
https://twitter.com/BoardGameGeek/status/1245002759822282754

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Welp.

In this context, who's a customer and who's a vendor?

And is this the beginning of the end of the flgs, or of the distributor middle-man?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Stores are the customers and manufacturers are the vendor for distributors. Basically, LGS can't pay distributors for product and that's locking things up the whole chain

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

dwarf74 posted:

Welp.

In this context, who's a customer and who's a vendor?

And is this the beginning of the end of the flgs, or of the distributor middle-man?

Yeah, Diamond shut down the comic book industry so I am not surprised they would do the same to game stores.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Note that Alliance Games is the exclusive North America distributor for everything Asmodee, which is a gazillion different publishers.

edit: TCGPlayer Direct is shut down temporarily too

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 31, 2020

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are there game stores running? They're not essential businesses.

It varies. South Carolina just issued a shelter in place order that didn’t close retail shops. Tattered Cover, the big bookstore in Denver, has an exemption for the purposes of mail order.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are there game stores running? They're not essential businesses.

You can still do Curbside and delivery stuff most places, even if you shouldn't.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/Tsilkani/status/1245083497888440321

Daily reminder about that stinkyhole Mark McKinnon.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
DriveThruRPG removed my comment on BESM 4e warning people that McKinnon is a criminal and a thief.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Rand Brittain posted:

DriveThruRPG removed my comment on BESM 4e warning people that McKinnon is a criminal and a thief.

But not the comment about "reporting the attacks against Mark" which is a great look once again for DTRPG.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

canyoneer posted:

Note that Alliance Games is the exclusive North America distributor for everything Asmodee, which is a gazillion different publishers.

edit: TCGPlayer Direct is shut down temporarily too

Asmodee dropped Alliance a couple of months back.

FFG announced they're not sending stuff out for the forseeable.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Allandaros/status/1245696154404356097

:psypop::hf::nms:

Does this count as industry adjacent, because I think it does.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 2, 2020

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/Allandaros/status/1245696154404356097

:psypop:

Does this count as industry adjacent, because I think it does.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I assume I can find a clip on Twitch or somesuch to judge for myself? Apprehensive, to say the least.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CitizenKeen posted:

I assume I can find a clip on Twitch or somesuch to judge for myself? Apprehensive, to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUoenthEiHA&t=4467s

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is so loving cavalier, jesus christ.

EDIT: I am unsurprised that the entire show this was part of just got cancelled. I wouldn't want to play with him after this happened.

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 2, 2020

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
That's super gross! What the gently caress Adam!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah that absolutely needs an additional content warning because it is far worse than expected Jesus wept.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
So glad this guy got turfed for this. 25 years ago this would have barely raised eyebrows. Nice to see poo poo evolving.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Might wanna :nws:/:nms: that.

I thought it was implied, I didn't actually click the vid because I didn't need to hear about elfgame rape after all the poo poo that's happened in the last 2 weeks and the summaries were bad enough, but fixed.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

So glad this guy got turfed for this. 25 years ago this would have barely raised eyebrows. Nice to see poo poo evolving.

Did he get turfed? The video of Koebel and JP make it look like Koebel's still going to go forward, just no Far Verona S2. They're taking this as a learning experience, making some changes, but I don't think Koebel's out.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

For those of you who are curious, it begins around 1:16.00

I couldn't watch more than a minute of it; everyone on that stream was justifiably horrified that he'd throw in a loving robot rape joke to end the session.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
https://twitter.com/skinnyghost/status/1245764290126073858

quote:

I appreciate your taking this up with me. This is absolutely a mistake I made. Even if we’d had safety protocols in place, I didn’t do the work beforehand to make sure the scene would be safe and consensual for everyone involved. I see that it needed a lot more work both before and during the scene and I deeply regret not doing that work with the cast. It’s clearly indicative that I don’t have my intentions and my behaviour aligned.

I understand that what I narrated in that scene was wrong and I’m surprised by my own inability to recognize it in the moment. I understand that I let people down and that, rightly, more is expected of me. This isn’t about safety tools entirely. To the point, it’s about recognizing that I didn’t stop to think that, if they might be something we need but didn’t have, the scene wasn’t safe.

I regularly admonish against the exact behaviour I exhibited in that scene and I’m deeply sorry for that hypocrisy. I won’t be starting any new campaigns until I’ve done the work to understand my own internalized issues around this, and all my currently running campaigns will be re-establishing our safety protocols and having discussions about what happened and how we can make our play safer.

None of this is to minimize the impact the episode had on the entire cast and on the audience. I recognize that I made a mistake, and I want to do what I can to understand the underpinnings of that mistake and to rectify them. To be better.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
He just kept going, even when they're doing the wrap-up at 1:24:30 he's got to make sure to repeat the funny joke from chat about sex. Goddamnit, Adam.

also, nice, an image apology rather than tweeting the words.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Welp