Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

How do you check who all's on your island again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

How do you check who all's on your island again?

-
View another’s passport

This is the only time anyone should press - while online. Visitors should never touch that poo poo ever.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

idk what you're supposed to do with these cliff areas so welcome to witch zone

ZeusCannon posted:

Thats clearly what you are supposed to do

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LODGE NORTH posted:

Back on the old grind looking for the apple variant of the “Cardbord box”

From what I’ve seen, it’s only sold in Nook’s Cranny

I have one. Got it from the recycle bin. Didn't realize it was that rare; apparently I need to order more of these for people.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TheBizzness posted:

Let’s do it!

Also I need 2 cutting boards if you can/will. I can give you bells or custom kits or whatever

Check your PMs!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Anyone over 400 fer 'nups?

sleepynobowling
Oct 23, 2005

Hello Sailor!

Junkie Disease posted:

Anyone over 400 fer 'nups?

I'm still open if you'll take 416. edit:closed!

sleepynobowling fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 1, 2020

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

I made it just in time. I lost count of the amount of Bait I've gone through in the last few days. Came through on the final piece of Bait I had on me though. I did laps around my town in celebration after donating it to the Museum.

My new White Whale is the Barreleye.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

iTrust posted:

My new White Whale is the Barreleye.

:sigh::hf::sigh:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

sleepynobowling posted:

I'm still open if you'll take 416. 1CGYX. Also I'm looking for cosmos if you have any!

Was just there they were showing up as 160, cool place though I dropped off a bunch o wrapped presents, I'll come and double check

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Holy poo poo piss I got two golden trouts, another coelecanth, and a stringfish in the space of an hour, after I got frustrated with bait and said gently caress it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I give up on the stringfish. There’s always December, I guess!

At least I was able to farm enough sturgeon to pay off my current loan and add another bridge.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

I give up on the stringfish. There’s always December, I guess!

At least I was able to farm enough sturgeon to pay off my current loan and add another bridge.

how did you farm sturgeons while trying to catch a stringfish they exist in completely different biomes

sleepynobowling
Oct 23, 2005

Hello Sailor!

Junkie Disease posted:

Was just there they were showing up as 160, cool place though I dropped off a bunch o wrapped presents, I'll come and double check

Ok, WEIRD. I just checked and it's still showing 416. You went to Island Microbes, right?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Sarthek posted:

It depends on when the game views the next day as having started: midnight or something different and arbitrary like 04:00.

If you sign out and sign back in and get the morning hi-de-hi message then that’s definitely a new day (and I’m not sure when the cutoff time for that is), but is fish/bug spawning tied to the same schedule?

Someone might know for sure, but this is presumably the first natural (as opposed to time travel) month change for everyone except the developers.

Definitely reset to April at midnight: started getting new creatures spawning immediately without fully moving onto a new day (no "good morning, campers").

Coelacanth can be caught from the pier, yes? No luck so far... (Yes, it is raining).

Edit: this is a confirmed YES, by the way. How are you all doing screenshots? I'm here taking photos of my TV like a caveman.

Chris Pistols fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 1, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chris Pistols posted:

Definitely reset to April at midnight: started getting new creatures spawning immediately without fully moving onto a new day (no "good morning, campers").

Coelacanth can be caught from the pier, yes? No luck so far... (Yes, it is raining).

pier shares a biome with Ocean but unless you're also trying to get marlins/tunas i'd recommend sticking to regular Ocean to minimize your rng to coelacanths and oarfish instead of all four

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I went perusing able's shops in other towns tonight and was not disappointed

a few minutes later...

WITNESS ME

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Lastdancer posted:

I went perusing able's shops in other towns tonight and was not disappointed

a few minutes later...

WITNESS ME

uhhhh i need this

my island is called EatTheRich

how do i get this

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Truant posted:

uhhhh i need this

how do i get this

Make it yourself, friend. Fight the system.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Everyone who caught a stringfish today should be Clam and Collected by now.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Is there a way in the UI to see the hemisphere of another’s island?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Okay, so after your first mandatory campsite guy moves in (Chops, ugh), how exactly does selling plots work? I placed a plot for another house without thinking, hey, it's going to be another two days before my campsite amiibo guy agrees to move in. Could a random villager move in there before then? I don't have the patience to blow all my Nook miles on island visits again.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 1, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

Okay, so after your first mandatory campsite guy moves in (Chops, ugh), how exactly does selling plots work? I unthinkingly placed a plot for another house without thinking, hey, it's going to be another two days before my campsite amiibo guy agrees to move in. Could a random villager move in there before then? I don't have the patience to blow all my Nook miles on island visits again.

they can randomly move in, yup

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

uhhhh i need this

how do i get this

I got it from one of the open towns on my list; My friends list is almost entirely goons so I'm assuming it was a goon! The town name was Grotto and the villager was Keth

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

sleepynobowling posted:

I'm still open if you'll take 416. 1CGYX. Also I'm looking for cosmos if you have any!

Coming in to get my house back from the turnips.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

sleepynobowling posted:

Ok, WEIRD. I just checked and it's still showing 416. You went to Island Microbes, right?

Omw

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1245139196311826432

Remember Space Parka? Well the Able Sisters grand opening is today and it's back! Along with its 2nd color! Also available: Power Suits, Luchadore Masks, Pixel Glasses, Cowboy Boots, Tango Dresses, Monocles, and Mustaches!

It's raining, town is still a mess, and we're still in the Northern Hemisphere!

H5RJ9

I'm afk for now but it should be good to go!

mutata fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 1, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Something I just realized the third plot of land didn't get taken today like I thought it would. Cyd and Robin got the first and second yesterday and today, but now I got no one moving in tomorrow.

It's making me wonder if the game is taking into account that I'm actively recruiting Dobbie right now through amiibo camping.

sleepynobowling
Oct 23, 2005

Hello Sailor!

Closing up Microbes in a few mins! Thanks for visiting!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Skipped two ugly rear end pig villagers (already had one) and lucked out and got Apollo as my next villager. One plot left, I want either a cat or rabbit.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Some of the outfits I have avaliable.

Also Turnips are now at 348 if anybody wants in.

Opening up for maybe an hour. I have 30% left on my battery, so we’ll see!

Tips appreciated but not required! I like flower seeds.

Dodo code: Closed! Thanks!

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 1, 2020

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

sleepynobowling posted:

Closing up Microbes in a few mins! Thanks for visiting!

Thank again!! Sold my turnips for a cool 1.5mil, thanks for funding my next few home upgrades!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Johnny Truant posted:

they can randomly move in, yup

Well, poo poo. Guess I'm blowing all my Nook miles on island visits again. So far passed on Rasher, Biskit, Chevre, Rocco... all of whom I might have settled for were I not done settling at this point.

Villager cap is 10, right?

Also, is there anything I'm missing about that one island type that has a ton of rocks on a seemingly inaccessible island in the middle of a pond, with one rock you can hit on the north side of the pond? Is it just a good place to catch trash pond fish?

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's making me wonder if the game is taking into account that I'm actively recruiting Dobbie right now through amiibo camping.

I certainly hope it works that way, cuz I doubt I'm finding anyone worthwhile on an island visit, and it's gonna be five days until I can get villager I want via Amiibo. (Currently on the first day of inviting Hans, whom I don't particularly care for, but he's my wife's favorite.)

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 1, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

Well, poo poo. Guess I'm blowing all my Nook miles on island visits again. So far passed on Rasher, Biskit, Chevre, Rocco... all of whom I might have settled for were I not done settling at this point.

Villager cap is 10, right?

Also, is there anything I'm missing about that one island type that has a ton of rocks on a seemingly inaccessible island in the middle of a pond, with one rock you can hit on the north side of the pond? Is it just a good place to catch trash pond fish?

Yeah that's money rocks you should be pole vaulting to and hitting.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah that's money rocks you should be pole vaulting to and hitting.

You can get to the island by breaking the one rock that kinda sticks out into the water.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The White Dragon posted:

how did you farm sturgeons while trying to catch a stringfish they exist in completely different biomes

If you’re farming on a tour island the river mouth and cliffs can be pretty close together. I ended up with 8 sturgeons on the trip that finally netted me a stringfish...or three (I was determined to not leave until I replaced the oarfish i absentmindedly sold instead of donated).

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Opening up my island for a bit. A lot of weird stuff in my shop. Cat hood, royal shirt, tiger dress, moccasins and a reflector.

Dodo code is 1M4BV

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

mutata posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1245139196311826432

Remember Space Parka? Well the Able Sisters grand opening is today and it's back! Along with its 2nd color! Also available: Power Suits, Luchadore Masks, Pixel Glasses, Cowboy Boots, Tango Dresses, Monocles, and Mustaches!

It's raining, town is still a mess, and we're still in the Northern Hemisphere!

H5RJ9

I'm afk for now but it should be good to go!

Flying in for some holiday shopping

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rollersnake posted:

Okay, so after your first mandatory campsite guy moves in (Chops, ugh), how exactly does selling plots work? I placed a plot for another house without thinking, hey, it's going to be another two days before my campsite amiibo guy agrees to move in. Could a random villager move in there before then? I don't have the patience to blow all my Nook miles on island visits again.

in my experience, if you have sold a plot, someone is guaranteed to move in the day after. this happened to both plots i bought so far despite me not inviting any villagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The White Dragon posted:

Nook Ticket Island, I just ran back and forth along the river.

Had horrible luck getting spawns in the upper level, but Sturgeon came up every several minutes in the river mouth so that helped a bit, as did the fact that I got that island three times in a row for some weird reason.