Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Wait until this guy finds out about Diego Maradonna...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I like the part where he thinks Egypt would have won the WC if Salah had been healthy.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

I like the part where he thinks Egypt would have won the WC if Salah had been healthy.

Given the form he was in before the injury and the teams that made the semi finals in that World Cup, that's probably the least dumb thing about it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Boy do i have the medicine for that :qq:er:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_aHtkOtrg

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I was just reminded of this all-timer from February 2016:

Arsenal Just Took A Sledgehammer To Leicester’s Glass Slippers

"For 54 minutes yesterday, and for 25 matches this season, Leicester looked like they actually would go ahead and accomplish the impossible. The cascading effects of one simple act brought it all tumbling down. This isn’t to say Arsenal are certain to go ahead and finish the job in the league the way they did in this weekend’s game, as it’s impossible to crown a strong title favorite among these two teams and Tottenham. But it is to say that if Arsenal do go ahead and Do It, meaning Leicester somehow cough up their remaining lead, it will probably because one team can rely on guys like Özil and Welbeck to win games while the other will have to cross its fingers that guys like Simpson and Wasilewski don’t lose them."

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

"For 54 minutes yesterday, and for 25 matches this season, Leicester looked like they actually would go ahead and accomplish the impossible. The cascading effects of one simple act brought it all tumbling down. This isn’t to say Arsenal are certain to go ahead and finish the job in the league the way they did in this weekend’s game, as it’s impossible to crown a strong title favorite among these two teams and Tottenham. But it is to say that if Arsenal do go ahead and Do It, meaning Leicester somehow cough up their remaining lead, it will probably because one team can rely on guys like Özil and Welbeck to win games while the other will have to cross its fingers that guys like Simpson and Wasilewski don’t lose them."

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

i think that exact thing is what this gif was made for

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/flexutd/status/1250155252772462594?s=21

https://twitter.com/flexutd/status/1250156409968304128?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

batistuta would not be world class today

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

jesus WEP posted:

I respect your opinion but it is incredibly wrong

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Right thread

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

Well yeah he’s 51

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

What the gently caress? He smashed them in on the reg and it’s only because Messi and Ronaldo score every game that mere mortal’s stats don’t look as good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

jesus WEP posted:

Lmao

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Bundy posted:

Right thread

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bobby Digital posted:

Well yeah he’s 51

Lmao

This is a sad lmao though and this is coming from someone that's defended Cantona's numbers. To say Batistuta wasn't or wouldn't be world class is just a lack of footage I hope. He was a ridiculous finisher with a nuts first touch.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Since when are goals and assists the only metric any player is ever judged on? Ronaldo and Messi have really warped the perception of what a good ratio is too. It's also a pretty crap stat to rely on when most players have 3-4 years at most where they truly shine but they get judged by stats across a whole career that spanned hundreds of games before they reached their potential and/or where they were clearly past it but still good enough to be a decent/average player.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There's a tennis player named Bautista Agut and whenever a commentator says his name there's about a 50% chance my brain hears it as Batistuta, well that's my Batistuta story thanks for listening

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Wrong thread.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/Samboss_/status/1250832509010620418

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drogba would have days where he was completely unstoppable; too quick, too strong, too clever. And for a couple of years in the middle of his run at Chelsea he had a lot of days like that

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

This is the sort of poo poo that would make Sid Lowe write thousands of terrible hackish words about the poetry of the artist, the man, the shy little chap from Fuentealbilla,

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

Her Dryer posted:

This is the sort of poo poo that would make Sid Lowe write thousands of terrible hackish words about the poetry of the artist, the man, the shy little chap trequartista from Fuentealbilla,

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Is Pep on the salty ones?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CyberPingu posted:

Doritos Boald

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
triangles, mmm

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

CyberPingu posted:

Gigi Galli posted:

Doritos Boald

paddyboat posted:

triangles, mmm

Lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

some of those are good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jesus WEP posted:

some of those are good

right thread

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

They used a pool of all players and they came up with that trash :cawg:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
did legit little chuckles at Ewok Origi and Bebe Yoda

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Wrong thread, Jar Jar Toure, Chewbakayoko and Bebe Yoda are class.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shocking lack of Dejanlo Ren and Biggs Chris Samba tbh

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Pibe Vaderrama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Pep Gardulla
Rey Keane
Lando Calrissian-Donovan

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 4, 2020