Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

oldpainless posted:

Beers should come in 6 packs. 4 packs of beer are loving bullshit
Well let’s see if the “old” part is a put on.

Should soda come in six packs or eight packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Should soda come in six packs or eight packs?

24 obviously. You want it to last more than a single sitting.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Trick question because it doesn't always guarantee 12 oz each.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I'm gonna be honest, I think oldpainless is vastly oversimplifying things.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

oldpainless posted:

Beers should come in 6 packs. 4 packs of beer are loving bullshit

4-packs are good actually because 8 beers is a good amount to drink in a single day but 6 is too few and 12 too many.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Tiggum posted:

4-packs are good actually because 10 beers is a good amount to drink in a single day but 6 is too few and 12 too many.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

oldpainless posted:

loving BULLSHIT

It's happening, bitch. Get over it if you want beer.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

kittenmittons posted:

It's happening, bitch. Get over it if you want beer.

Nothings happening and if you don’t reply back within 15 hours you’re the bitch!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Plus 4 packs usually have good beer in them

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Tiggum posted:

I know where it is. It's in a depot in the CBD. That doesn't really help me. What I need to know is when it's actually going to arrive at my house, which they can't/won't tell me. It might show up on the tracking information at some point, but I don't know what phrase/information to look out for because they use their own jargon rather than plain English. The issue isn't how it works, it's that the information they provide is misleading and incomplete.

Once you get a number, of the center ask for the "Center Manager". They will pick up the phone.

Give them the tracking number and ask them to "Message the driver." to find out where he is because the package is critical. They'll give you an estimate within about a 15 minute window depending on traffic. That works with both UPS and Fedex.

If it's USPS, just give up. They don't have the equipment to message the drivers the same way.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's none of those things, Tiggum is in Australia.

Courier companies are universally the dirt worst. I once sent a large package to Lima, Peru that DHL sent to Lima, Ohio. Instead of sending it on to the right place, they destroyed it and emailed me a claim form.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"no contact delivery" when the delivery person is required to stand around and make sure you open the door and pick the poo poo up.

and in the worst cases, still has to get you to sign poo poo.

jesus christ having been on both sides of this nonsense just no, no one wants this. knock, text, put the thing, even if its hot food, at the door, then leave. no one wants the awkward 10 foot contact and no one wants to touch the sketchy pen or the gross delivery receipt.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"no contact delivery" when the delivery person is required to stand around and make sure you open the door and pick the poo poo up.

and in the worst cases, still has to get you to sign poo poo.

jesus christ having been on both sides of this nonsense just no, no one wants this. knock, text, put the thing, even if its hot food, at the door, then leave. no one wants the awkward 10 foot contact and no one wants to touch the sketchy pen or the gross delivery receipt.

As someone who just had a delivery that was so "no contact" that it didn't even happen, there at least needs to be some verification that they're in the right place at all or that they ever even existed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

docbeard posted:

As someone who just had a delivery that was so "no contact" that it didn't even happen, there at least needs to be some verification that they're in the right place at all or that they ever even existed.

Yeah that’s not really any different from pre-pandemic bad deliveries because “contact” means “touching and talking with the delivery person” not “delivery person calls, texts, or otherwise communicates about the status of the thing”

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah that’s not really any different from pre-pandemic bad deliveries because “contact” means “touching and talking with the delivery person” not “delivery person calls, texts, or otherwise communicates about the status of the thing”

You would think so, yes.

My actual peeve is that something as minor as a missing delivery and a business that's slow to respond because they're swamped and understaffed, feels like a disaster because every other stressor in life has been turned up to max.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bad captions.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate has discovered Broad City. I have no issues with the show itself, but she is constantly repeating what just happened.

Like, I just saw the same thing, you don't have to remind me what I just saw 3 seconds ago.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
“*gasp* Why did she do that?!”

*me struggling to recap half a season of setup for a show my wife was only half watching*

“Who’s that guy?”

“We haven’t seen him before. I don’t know.”

“But you always know. Is he a bad guy?”

“He’s literally been on screen for 20 seconds and done nothing.”

“I’m looking up how this ends.”

I love my wife, but she is not a good show watching partner.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Oh god, my wife does that too. Once, right as the first scene of the movie started, she asked who the character on screen was. It's not like she was distracted by her phone or whatever either, she was sitting next to me watching the movie the whole time. It boggles the mind.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If we're watching a movie I've already watched my mom will keep asking me whether her theory about how the movie ends is accurate.

I'd be spoiling it if I said one way or the other! Just keep watching!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

If we're watching a movie I've already watched my mom will keep asking me whether her theory about how the movie ends is accurate.

I'd be spoiling it if I said one way or the other! Just keep watching!!

Whenever this happens, I'll give people one chance to turn back. Like, if they ask "oh, is he secretly a bad guy?" I'll be like "do you actually want me to answer that?" and if they say "yes" then I'll just spoil the whole thing because that's apparently what they want. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On the other end of the spectrum it's really annoying when you don't want someone to answer literally, because you're just speculating, and they just tell you without asking first. As a livestream guy I've learned to add "... And DON'T tell me if I'm right or not!!" at the end of every tangent about plot developments. If I don't do that some dipshit in the chat will be like oh yeah lysanderoth is totally the bad guy all along can't wait to see your reaction to the reveal

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Apr 8, 2020

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nothing

NOOOTHHHINNGGG

will piss me off more than another civilization building a wonder THE SAME TURN AS ME and THEY GET IT

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

I don't rage-quit but that's an at least an irate walk away

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Nothing

NOOOTHHHINNGGG

will piss me off more than another civilization building a wonder THE SAME TURN AS ME and THEY GET IT

gently caress YOU

gently caress YOU

I don't rage-quit but that's an at least an irate walk away

You may wear the crown of this thread until such time as it is superseded.

DJDadJoke
Mar 27, 2020

Stupid Newbie

Dumber for drinking so much Sith Lighting Mountain Dew

Kids, don't cough on my lawn!!!
Dinosaur Gum
The Incredible Hulk (2008)

I'm by no means a perfect grammarian, but I can't stand people who say or write supposively. The word is supposedly, people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I swear to god, Facebook is hiding the shrug emoji from me. It keeps disappearing from my list of frequently used emojis and in the general emoji list I just cannot find it.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The people who pay lip-service to social-isolation, but in the same breath go 'oh you should come by, I'll make some stuff and I invited some other people over.'

My sister is currently annoyed (& whining) that I won't hop onto the bus/tram for a 2x35min ride to visit her, because she's decided to invite me and some other siblings and etc over for a easter-y breakfast tomorrow.
gently caress off, not everyone is as lucky as you, where you're just working from home 3-4 hours a day and getting paid for a full 8, and will continue to do so for months. And will keep on getting paid in full if you get sick.

Being a freelancer is just loving exponentially more lovely now with the whole covid thing going on. Already lost one source of income from a project just getting iced and them going 'we'll look at picking this up again in 2021, k?'.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DJDadJoke posted:

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

I'm by no means a perfect grammarian, but I can't stand people who say or write supposively. The word is supposedly, people.

I know someone who says “supposably” and I will never, ever be able to take him seriously.

DJDadJoke
Mar 27, 2020

Stupid Newbie

Dumber for drinking so much Sith Lighting Mountain Dew

Kids, don't cough on my lawn!!!
Dinosaur Gum

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I know someone who says “supposably” and I will never, ever be able to take him seriously.

You seem like a reasonable person.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

DJDadJoke posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0Gitlj9bM

My peeves are only sharper now that I cannot escape my family. WHY does my husband not remove the labels from food cans before opening them? WHY does he leave them AND the can opener right out on the counter all loving day?

WHY is there a completely empty bottle of honey ON the cupboard shelf IN FRONT OF an entirely new, unopened bottle?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You're meant to remove can labels before opening them?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

WHY does my husband not remove the labels from food cans before opening them?

What? What's wrong with removing the labels after opening them?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Killingyouguy! posted:

Or just leaving the labels on forever?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Or just leaving the labels on forever?

I think you're supposed to separate the two different types of recycling

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

I think you're supposed to separate the two different types of recycling

You are not. The labels are burned off during the can recycling process.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Speed bumps are not stop signs. Your car is not going to explode if you go 5-15mph(depending on bump type) over one instead of screeching to a halt and then going up to the hair-raising speed of 1mph.

Speed bumps are already lovely bandaid solutions put in place instead of properly designing residential roads to discourage high speeds(but people freak out at the idea of narrowing roads/removing lanes/adding on-street parking/generally designing roads for the speed you want people to go, instead of making them nice and big and gently curved because that makes you feel 'safer'). Stop making them worse by making it impossible to predict what the car in front of you is going to do in response to one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They ain’t called slow bumps!!

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

There's not really a way to know ahead of time what speed the speed dump is designed to destroy your car at, though. The one that was on the street I lived on as a kid was in a 15 mph zone and people had exhaust parts ripped off their car from going over it at 10 mph all the time.

They also gently caress over ambulances, which have a reason to be going faster and don't have the suspension to deal with just launching over it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dip Viscous posted:

They also gently caress over ambulances, which have a reason to be going faster and don't have the suspension to deal with just launching over it.

There was a doctors office where I would have to hit my lights/sirens and make a left onto a super busy road because the only other way out had a speed bump that was completely impassable to ambulances, that thing was obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

It's gross peeling labels off of cans when they have food splopped on them, which they inevitably will. I wouldn't leave dirty labels on cans in either of our open recycling bins, either.