Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vogelspinne
Dec 16, 2010
My island has Celeste and a meteor shower! Will have it open for a bit: BJ9TY. There's an orchard on the second tier with all fruit but cherries (still growing) so feel free to grab any you're missing.

Edit: Looks like my internet couldnt handle the traffic, sorry y'all! Closing down for the night now.

Vogelspinne fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
does Celeste always appear when there's a meteor shower, or can she show up on a showerless night

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Opening up my island for a bit. A lot of weird stuff in my shop. Cat hood, royal shirt, tiger dress, moccasins and a reflector.

Dodo code is 1M4BV

I came running for a cat hood, those are awesome :tipshat:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Something I just realized the third plot of land didn't get taken today like I thought it would. Cyd and Robin got the first and second yesterday and today, but now I got no one moving in tomorrow.

It's making me wonder if the game is taking into account that I'm actively recruiting Dobbie right now through amiibo camping.

I don't know how the hell it decides when to move people in. I set up the first three plots, met and invited two villagers and then a third guy randomly got assigned to the third spot the very next morning. Now I've built the last four plots and they've sat idle for a couple days now. I'm trying to fill them up before randoms move in, but when I go random island hopping I seem to stop meeting new villagers after I've invited one, so maybe we're limited to one invite per day?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lastdancer posted:

does Celeste always appear when there's a meteor shower, or can she show up on a showerless night

I'm pretty sure she can show up without shooting stars because I saw her two days ago and didn't get anything meteor-wise.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
OK cool I'm going to bed then.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Narshe is open. My tailor shop has Mr. Peanut attire

Cryptic Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Vogelspinne posted:

My island has Celeste and a meteor shower! Will have it open for a bit: BJ9TY. There's an orchard on the second tier with all fruit but cherries (still growing) so feel free to grab any you're missing.

This town is beyond crisp, and even on the correct date. Love the tune, too. Thanks for opening your doors!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

Nook Ticket Island, I just ran back and forth along the river.

Had horrible luck getting spawns in the upper level, but Sturgeon came up every several minutes in the river mouth so that helped a bit, as did the fact that I got that island three times in a row for some weird reason.

oh ok i thought you were throwing bait lol

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Blew through all my nook miles on crap islands (OK, and two great money rock islands I was too dumb to figure out), went on my wife's character, and her first island is covered in pink and orange cosmos, has Boots the alligator, and I caught three stringfish in five minutes. No bait, not raining. What the gently caress.

As far as the gators go, I'd rather have Alli, but I'm not gonna luck into a better villager than Boots, so he's coming home with me.

Vogelspinne
Dec 16, 2010

Cryptic Wizard posted:

This town is beyond crisp, and even on the correct date. Love the tune, too. Thanks for opening your doors!

NP and thank you! I totally did time travel to unlock terraforming because I'm impatient but have been playing normally after that.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finally hit the blue flower/waterfall island and caught my stringfish with a couple hours to spare! Hopefully having more days on future months I won't be cutting it this close again.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

Blew through all my nook miles on crap islands (OK, and two great money rock islands I was too dumb to figure out), went on my wife's character, and her first island is covered in pink and orange cosmos, has Boots the alligator, and I caught three stringfish in five minutes. No bait, not raining. What the gently caress.

As far as the gators go, I'd rather have Alli, but I'm not gonna luck into a better villager than Boots, so he's coming home with me.

I got Drago as my first guy on the initial round of invites and just invited Alli to my island tonight. :neckbeard: So excited for my reptile island.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I think Wisp's "something expensive" option is broken cause the wallpaper he just gave me sold for just under 400 bells

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Color Printer posted:

I think Wisp's "something expensive" option is broken cause the wallpaper he just gave me sold for just under 400 bells

First time my wife chose that option she got a magazine that went for 41.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I mean, he says he doesn't know what's expensive.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

Also, is there anything I'm missing about that one island type that has a ton of rocks on a seemingly inaccessible island in the middle of a pond, with one rock you can hit on the north side of the pond? Is it just a good place to catch trash pond fish?

Break the one rock you can access and pole vault to the middle from there.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

I have one. Got it from the recycle bin. Didn't realize it was that rare; apparently I need to order more of these for people.

Brother, this is perfect. Do you need anything?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mutata posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1245139196311826432

Remember Space Parka? Well the Able Sisters grand opening is today and it's back! Along with its 2nd color! Also available: Power Suits, Luchadore Masks, Pixel Glasses, Cowboy Boots, Tango Dresses, Monocles, and Mustaches!

It's raining, town is still a mess, and we're still in the Northern Hemisphere!

H5RJ9

I'm afk for now but it should be good to go!

This is still going and you're all ADORABLE.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So when you fully upgrade your house and pay off your final loan you get all future exterior edits for free. Hopefully they add more exteriors.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Lastdancer posted:

She showed up a few minutes ago, no meteors yet. I don't think anybody else on the island has mentioned it.

The first night she arrived I had a zillion meteors and knocked out the first three ranks of the nook miles thing

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Man I can't wait to get the island creator tool thingie and do a redesign. My island is a mess next to most of the others I've seen now, I just kinda shoved the houses in any old how and planted all the fruit trees everywhere. I really need to step my game up here.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

mutata posted:

This is still going and you're all ADORABLE.

Aaaaahyuk yuk, I am coming through for a bunch of stuff in here.

e: Your town is super full and it's killing me

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 1, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/PostsCrossing/status/1245163171012321282

:snoop: :whatup: Last night for stringfish best night for stringfish.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 1, 2020

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Is it not possible to re-obtain tambourines once they're no longer in your shop? I can't find them in the catalogue.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
waiting until the last day to catch a fish before it leaves is harrowing. I was feeling quite hopeless but luckily I found my stringfish! and I was also able to help a friend catch their sturgeon and stringfish as well (I was getting the bait, they were fishing).

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Anyone with a rainy island? I'd like to get a stringfish tonight :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Stringfish don't need rain

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hey yeah, why do I have to pay for land to sell to other people who will presumably pay Tom Nook for everything

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

indigi posted:

Stringfish don't need rain

Rain increase rare fish spawns

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Stringfish will be back this winter, people. You still have 11 months of game content to see. :)

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

DodoCode™0T7JN
My Able Sisters shop currently has
Two colors of vampire costume
Five colors of flight attendant uniforms
Four colors of mage hats
Six colors of masquerade masks
Eight colors of zori sandals
and mummy wraps
My DodoCode™ is 0T7JN and I'll be open and afk for about an hour while I make and have dinner with the lady.
I have every fruit ready to harvest so help yourself to them. All I ask is that you leave through the airport, not with the '-' button and lso please take turns in the dressing room.
Also string fish are relatively easy to catch in the north part of my town

e: Able Sisters are closed now. Staying open if anyone is looking to catch stringfish - 3 hours until it's April 1st here.

Zomblified fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 1, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Alternatively offer items/tips/both to a SH player to open up their island so you can hop over and catch stuff that's out of season for you.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I've been testing this site on another forum but so far I haven't had enough traffic to see if it breaks so (It's not actually *my site* I'm just using it)

so for the rest of THIS HOUR (shop closes at 10:00 pm central)

e: I'll keep the island open til I stop getting visitors but if you're reading this it's already too late

e2: this should go without saying but I'll close the gates after the store closes. Not being a dick but there's no point now that Nook's Corner has closed! love ya

FBS fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 1, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Color Printer posted:

wisp doesn't give a gently caress what he gives you

once he gave me a cardboard box. the next time he gave me a luxuriant japanese bathtub

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Flick, the red bug catching lizard, is a really great character.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
What's the deal with softwood? I got like 60 stored of the other two, but softwood never comes out of the drat trees.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I have a mighty need for Orange Pants of some kind to accompany my X-Wing Pilot Jumpsuit shirt. Anyone have orange pants?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Visited my brother's village to drop off some money. Explored a bit. Saw a big shadow on a cliff lake.

Boom, first attempt, Stringfish.

He'd been trying to catch one all day. I feel bad. Sorta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kid sinister posted:

What's the deal with softwood? I got like 60 stored of the other two, but softwood never comes out of the drat trees.

Let's trade islands