Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shneak posted:

I found a recipe for a shell bed but it requires a giant clam. I've not once found a giant clam. Is this a seasonal thing?

Yes you have. They look like any other shell and they are on the beach. I find about 5-10 a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I only just today learned that the device you're using to play music affects how it sounds! My cool portable record player sounds like tinny garbage compared the the base pumping out of this gaudy jukebox. All the songs sound twice as good.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Man, the number of balloons this Easter event spawns is maddening - make it STOP!!

Also bugs will spawn on tree stumps, like I think they did in New Leaf :)

2 balloons went past while I typed this :argh: STOP IT!!!!!! The noise drives me mad (now #3 show up right after, kill me)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LawfulWaffle posted:

I am giving up on getting a stringfish. I’ve broken too many shovels digging up clans to make bait for my tiny patch of top tier water and caught so many black bass that I’ve just resigned myself to waiting for the next opportunity.

Oh well, I gave it an honest shot.

Now that you've given up, wander back and forth on a second tier river. The shadow you want will appear

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Well, I decided at 10 PM 3/31 I wanted a stringfish after all. Spent 8 nook tickets and ended up with a money rock island, Hamphrey, a whole gaggle of blue pansies, a DIY card for a Cherry Hat which looks a lot like big red rear end with stems on it, and two stringfish! Pretty good haul! I could not however manage to get a sturgeon, but I've made peace with it. Maybe I'll visit some southern hemisphere island when I've caught up all the other fish in the yearly rotation.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kiwillian posted:

Man, the number of balloons this Easter event spawns is maddening - make it STOP!!

Also bugs will spawn on tree stumps, like I think they did in New Leaf :)

2 balloons went past while I typed this :argh: STOP IT!!!!!! The noise drives me mad (now #3 show up right after, kill me)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

It has layers. He's a donut hole, who looks like an octopus, who is then anthropomorphic

hes not a donut hole, he's a takoyaki, which is octopus pieces inside batter in a ball shape

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Shneak posted:

I found a recipe for a shell bed but it requires a giant clam. I've not once found a giant clam. Is this a seasonal thing?

It's a type of seashell, it doesn't look like a giant clam until it's in your inventory. Just keep combing the beach and you'll get one.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

BB2K posted:

hes not a donut hole, he's a takoyaki, which is octopus pieces inside batter in a ball shape

Yeah a seafood donut hole.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

With little over 3 hours left, I finally got this mofo with the help of a cool goon

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've never actually read the seashell names and just sold 10 to get miles so that makes sense, thanks.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

deep dish peat moss posted:

Zucker is the best resident not only because he's an anthropomorphic donut hole but also because when you talk to him he yells "Hey! It's me! Zucker!" And then talks about how he's going to ball hard today.

He’s actually a takoyaki.

Which is made of octopus.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

HellCopter posted:

I only just today learned that the device you're using to play music affects how it sounds! My cool portable record player sounds like tinny garbage compared the the base pumping out of this gaudy jukebox. All the songs sound twice as good.

say whaaat. I 'm using a portable record player in my room right now, but maybe I should look into other music players.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Vandar posted:

What are the rules for growing bamboo? Does it work just like trees where you need a gap of space between them?

EDIT: I'm assuming I need to bury shoots?

Yep. Those rules keep the shoots they produce from growing.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I have not seen Wisp yet. Or a shooting star. I'm just posting to complain, because that's the only way to reliably get things to happen in a video game.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wow, fishing spawns change at midnight. Just caught a Snapping Turtle

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Edit: I haven't seen any actually in a little while, maybe it's stopped. I'll post again if the meteor shower happens again.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 1, 2020

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
So it just ticked over to 5AM and I have so many questions about these eggs...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chris Pistols posted:

you eat them like fruit

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Chris Pistols posted:

Enjoy the never-ending parade of WHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH for 2 weeks

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

The White Dragon posted:

you eat them like fruit

...oh.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Save them for recipes, there seem to be quite a lot.

ToiletKitty
Aug 8, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Zucker is the best resident not only because he's an anthropomorphic donut hole but also because when you talk to him he yells "Hey! It's me! Zucker!" And then talks about how he's going to ball hard today.

I think he's supposed to be a takoyaki.

ToiletKitty fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 1, 2020

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker
EDIT: I'm an idiot! Disregard!

thekodfish fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 1, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can't give fish or bugs to other players.

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker

YggiDee posted:

Can't you give them permission to pick things up as Best Friends, then place it on the ground?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

YggiDee posted:

That’s too bad. I managed to grab a sturgeon at the last minute, but I did not find a string fish. To be fair, I only got the ladder today.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Whalebat posted:

Can't you give them permission to pick things up as Best Friends, then place it on the ground?

Best friends can't redecorate, pretty sure they just get shovel and axe permission on your islands and those aren't going to help them grab a fish tank.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Best Friends get shovel/axe permissions, not anything that lets them mess with furniture.

thekodfish
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker

Clocks posted:

Best friends can't redecorate, pretty sure they just get shovel and axe permission on your islands and those aren't going to help them grab a fish tank.

Well, drat, I guess I misunderstood how Best Friends worked. :( Sorry for getting people's hopes up.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

You could just go to their museum and donate it yourself though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does anyone else constantly get a friend app notification from the Nook phone? It always shows up in the top left corner of my screen but there's never anything there, I still have to go to the best friend's app on the phone to clear it but then it returns a minute later

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Tender Bender posted:

Does anyone else constantly get a friend app notification from the Nook phone? It always shows up in the top left corner of my screen but there's never anything there, I still have to go to the best friend's app on the phone to clear it but then it returns a minute later

:same:

It's dumb and annoying and I want it to go away. They fixed spider centrifuges, but not this. Get your priorities straight Nintendo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tender Bender posted:

it's your switch friends playing the game and/or opening their gates, apparently, you just don't see anything unless you're best friends

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Haro you will never escape. The rate of profit is falling. Blood for Stonks.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

inferis posted:

You could just go to their museum and donate it yourself though.

You can't do this either... if there was a way to trade fish/bugs people would've been doing it for ages already.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

d3lness posted:

:same:

It's dumb and annoying and I want it to go away. They fixed spider centrifuges, but not this. Get your priorities straight Nintendo.

i think 'extremely easy to perform item dupe glitch' probably should take priority over 'slightly annoying cosmetic bug' in terms of emergency patches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Whew! With only 30 minutes left in March and after ~100 baits I DID IT