Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Elephant Ambush posted:

MVP: The blessings everyone donated for

City Event: Option A

Perk: Ignore negative scenario effects

Money: Wait to see the outcome of the city event

Pretty much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
MBP: Master Splinter, for sploding heads and rending drakes
City event: A, sorta steamed "just not going" isn't an option
Perk: Ignore scenario effects
Hold off on money matters

dwarf74 posted:

It ... mostly does. Ash won't get cursed or extra -1's, and he's summoned after scenario effects like "everyone starts disarmed." But there are scenario effects that don't kick in until later in a scenario that might deal X damage per round, and he will not be immune to those.

I'm pretty sure there's no scenario effects that would affect Ash if that perk is taken. The more specific ones either only target characters and would never affect the bear, as she's a summon, or specify "characters and their summons," in which Pikachu having the perk would extend to his summoned creatures.

At least that's my reading; I couldn't find any errata discussing this specifically.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
There's one that says "all figures" and that'd include summons. There's nothing that says Pikachu's protection against scenario effects would extend to the bear or any other summons.

Scenario 60

It's a super corner case, though. I think that's the only one.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I honestly can't believe how easy that was compared to the three tries it took my group. MVP was the blesses for sure.

Option A
Ignore effects
Always Buy Blesses

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Yeah, you can tell from the fluff blurb at the end that this is expected to be a meatgrinder, starting with the Hounds at the start doing a million damage by being able to close in super fast and use their "deal more damage if adjacent to an ally" card, to the "melee drakes blocking the path doing a million damage and wounds while the spitting ones dish out aoe poison and muddle".

City Management XIII, Update 1

Pikachu's Perk posted:

- Pikachu's new Perk is going to be Ignore negative scenario effects!

City Event 19, resolution posted:

Our current Reputation is exacly 0, so we can choose to pay 20 gold and gain nothing - and lose nothing else; or we can pick the mystery box and choose to read outcome B!

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to take advantage of a nice webapp called Gloomhaven Scenario Tree that allows us to keep track of everything we've completed, unlocked, lost access to or currently unable to visit. If you want to import the current progress into your webapp, just copy/paste the content of Cell F2 from the "Player List" sheet.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We may want to go back down the Mountain and investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber (24) before leaving.

- We may follow the Drake's Request and storm the Savvas Armory (33) to recover its fire gland.

- Or we may want a piece of that sweet sweet Dragon Drake Hoard and try to take it by force on the Scorched Summit (34). This is a BOSS Scenario.

- Exploring the previous Crypt, we've found another location where the Cult may take shelter. If we are brave enough, we can venture into the Ruinous Crypt (5), where we'll face more Cultists, more Skellingtons and a cured selection of elemental Demons!

- We have been helping Jekserah against the Cult, but who's to say we can't spread out our love to every single necromancer in the land? If we want to gather favour with the Cult, we can try to clear up the Decaying Crypt (6) from the masterless undead that currently reside there.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 24 posted:

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 25!
- City Event: stick with A or change to B!
- Our Next Destination!
- Road Event outcome, A or B!
- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 24, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Let's head to 5- the ruinous crypt to get some more main story done

B Our Inox abandoned us, so let's abandon them

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
City Event : move to B
Next destination : 34. No one threatens us and lives. We have a bear.
Road Event : B. We know what they're talking about. We're, in fact, going to kill it dead.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 24, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
City Event B
Ruinous Crypt
Road Event B

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I don't think we get a choice on the city event. We just lose 20 collective gold.

Speaking of which, do we want to donate or go shopping?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "otherwise" is for if you don't collectively have 20 gold to spend; the choice to buy an expensive gift was already made.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Fair enough, that makes sense!

City Management XIII,Update 2 and Scenario 5 Preamble.

City Event 19, resolution posted:

Effect: Lose 20 collective gold.
What was suggested itt is most likely the correct interpretation, and it's in line with other events. We will need to decide how to pay for this expensive (and unfortunately useless) gift!
City Management XIII,Update 2 and Scenario 5 Preamble.

MVP! posted:

:agesilaus: Our MVP for Scenario 14 is THE BLESSINGS, as piloted by all of our players! :agesilaus:

Money Matters posted:

We have decided to wait and see the outcome of the City event before deciding, and it's a good thing, since we have to pay 20 gold for it. The only suggestion so far has been to keep the BLESSINGS flowing for everyone. We will vote on this!
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 24, resolution posted:

Effect: Unlock Scenario Burning Mountain (82)

Helping out the Shaman having slaughtered a lot of his people would have been hypocrite, I agree :v:

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 5 - Ruinous Crypt

Scenario 5 - Ruinous Crypt - Location posted:

Exploring the previous Crypt, we've found another location where the Cult may take shelter.

Lying at the feet of the Copperneck Mountains, the Ruinous Crypt lies in wait.

Scenario 5 - Ruinous Crypt - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 5 before starting it:
Links to: Plane of Elemental Power (10)
Requirements: None.
Goal: Kill all enemies.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 5 - Ruinous Crypt - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Cultists:

Living Bones:

Night Demons:

Flame Demons:

Frost Demons:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
Can't believe we have been playing this for more than 1 year and this is only the second time we are fighting cultists! (technically it's the third mission they have happeared in, but in one of them we were on the same side :marc:

Scenario 5 - Ruinous Crypt - Introduction posted:

Your mission is clear. These elemental cultists are distorting the fabric of the world and must be stopped. With that goal in mind, you follow the writings to an ancient crypt you believe to be the cult’s base of operations. Steeling yourselves for combat, you batter through the rotted door and charge into the hall of the crypt.

The sight before you is both wondrous and horrifying. A group of cultists is performing ritual incantations in front of a black, gaping hole in reality. They turn toward you and snarl, unsheathing their sacrificial daggers. Behind them an inky darkness spills forth from the hole and coalesces into nightmarish forms full of teeth and claws. You know you must send these terrors of the elemental plane back into the void, but you are paralyzed with fear.

Scenario Special Rules
All characters start with DISARM as a Scenario effect.

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token. Remember that our Spellweaver will start the Scenario DISARMED.
MarquiseMindfang, Slaan and Phelddagrif
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Oh boy!

I'd like to start in any of the lower 3 hexes, and summon the bear in C3. My intent is to go late enough in the round that the elite demon moves forward, then push it through both traps.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'll start up top, since the two back cultists won't be able to reach anyone this turn, and intend to pull much the same trick with the non-elite demon. Maybe with a hilarious twist depending on how the turn plays out. The bear should be able to deal with front cultist and the elite demon as you intend, leaving all of the other spots free from being targeted.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can start in A2 or A3 to stay out of the way. I'll try to go slow and used my ranged attacks to kill anything left after your actions, if I can

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The negative scenario effect here is such bullshit and I'm glad my IRL group had ignore those effects on all but 1 character. This first room is just vicious.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I have just realized I had accidentally deleted one of the Beast Tyrant's cards in the spreadsheet...I've reached out to Phelddagrif cause it is, in fact, one of the two cards they had picked for Round 1, so I'll have to wait until I get back from them on what they want to swap out for that. Apologies :v:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Okay, PM sent.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ruinous Crypt, Round 1A

Battle Goals posted:

These are the BGs randomly selected for this Scenario:
- Shadow: End each of your turns adjacent to an ally.Rewards:✓
- Streamliner*:Have five or more total cards in your hand and discard at the end of the scenario.Rewards:✓
- Finisher:Kill the last monster to die in the scenario.Rewards:✓
- Miser: Never exit a room while money tokens remain in it.Rewards:✓✓
- Ambusher:Open a door and end your move action adjacent to a monster in the revealed room.Rewards:✓
- Thorough:Never exit a room with monsters remaining in it.Rewards:✓

Hand Changes posted:

- Master Splinter: no Hand changes!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: removes Impaling Eruption and Freezing Nova, adds Frost Armor and Flame Strike.
- Pikachu : removes Relentless Ally and Spirit Swap, adds Soaring Ally and Forceful Swipe.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Night Demons: what a bunch of bastards :v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Pikachu (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 51 with Concentrated Rage and Forceful Swipe.

51. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"CONCENTRATED RAGE (51) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range4 - DISARM
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Top action of your turn to add +3ATK to all your Bear's attacks this round. OR Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Bottom action of your turn to add +3MOVE to all your Bear's move this round. - LOSS"

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 67 with Cold Fire and Flame Strike.
(Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0)

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

code:
"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"

"FLAME STRIKE (36) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range2 - Consume FIRE, WOUND
BOT: ATK2, Range2"
Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 75 with The Mind's Weakness and Brain Leech.

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Quick Q since I can't see anything about it in the opening posts and I can't be arsed to skim the whole thread : are you using an expanded Battle Goal deck ? I'm pretty sure I haven't ever seen those besides Streamliner

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

Quick Q since I can't see anything about it in the opening posts and I can't be arsed to skim the whole thread : are you using an expanded Battle Goal deck ? I'm pretty sure I haven't ever seen those besides Streamliner

We are yeah - we have been using it just for a few Scenarios: Satire's Extended Battle Goals.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Well drat, the demons really aren't cooperating, are they. At least the Cultists are playing nice!

I think what I may do, since the demon hasn't moved, is instead push Cultist 4 from D2 to D1. This will allow Splinter to hit it with both attacks this round. Then I can stamina potion and try the same thing next round.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

That Italian Guy posted:

We are yeah - we have been using it just for a few Scenarios: Satire's Extended Battle Goals.

I see, thanks !

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Miser seems like it'd be hilariously easy for a beast tyrant in a scenario where they don't have to move to an exit.

Which of course means that someone else probably drew it.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

Well drat, the demons really aren't cooperating, are they. At least the Cultists are playing nice!

I think what I may do, since the demon hasn't moved, is instead push Cultist 4 from D2 to D1. This will allow Splinter to hit it with both attacks this round. Then I can stamina potion and try the same thing next round.

Haven't gotten a reply yet - is this ok?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Phelddagrif posted:

Haven't gotten a reply yet - is this ok?

I think that'll work fine, but to clarify, if I use a PUSH action and the Battleaxe to increase the area of effect, does the PUSH then apply to both targets?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I completely forgot I have that disarm token on my this round and took two attack abilities. So I guess I'm just going to stand there like an idiot and try and go fast to hurt things next turn.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I think that'll work fine, but to clarify, if I use a PUSH action and the Battleaxe to increase the area of effect, does the PUSH then apply to both targets?

If it's part of an attack, yes.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ruinous Crypt, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

26. Night Demons posted:

- Night Demon 4(E) focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage. Attacks Pikachu for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage.
Ash is at 15 HP.
Pikachu is at 6 HP.
- Night Demon 1 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 0 (2base, NULLmod) damage. Attacks Master Splinter for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage.
Ash is at 14 HP.

That was a good start!

27. Cultists posted:

- Cultist 2 focuses Ash! Moves2 to E3. Attacks Ash for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 13 HP.
- Cultist 4 focuses Ash! Moves1 to D2. Attacks Ash for 3 (1base, +2'mod) damage.
Ash is at 10 HP.
- Cultist 5 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to E2.

- Ash the Bear focuses Cultist 2! Attacks Cultist 2 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Cultist 2 is at 5 HP.
- Pikachu uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to PUSH2 Cultist 4 to D1. Gains 1XP.
- Pikachu uses Concentrated Rage (top)! Attacks Night Demon 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 1 (1base, +0/+1mod) damage!
Night Demon 4(E) is at 1 HP. and is DISARMED!
Pikachu uses Minor Stamina Potion and recovers Forceful Swipe and Concentrated Rage.

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flame Strike (bot)! No action taken!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (top)! No action taken! Loses DISARMED token.

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Attacks Cultist 4 for 0 (1base, NULLmod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (bot)! Attacks Cultist 4 for 2 (1base, -1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains STRENGTHENED.
Cultist 4 is at 5 HP .

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- The Monsters deck is shuffled!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can move fairly quickly and hit the enemies on the top of the board fairly hard. I'll try to get in position to heal up Pikachu next turn if I get the chance

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey everyone, I am a bit busy today, so the update will have to wait until tomorrow :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ruinous Crypt, Round 2A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Night Demons be fast :v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Fearsome Blade.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Frost Armor and Fire Orbs.
(Hand6, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0)

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

code:
"FROST ARMOR (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: Persistent Bonus: on the next two sources of damage to you, suffer no damage instead, XP1 each trigger - Generate ICE - LOSS"

"FIRE ORBS (69) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, Target3 - XP1 for every enemy targeted - Generate FIRE - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"
Pikachu (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 51 with Concentrated Rage and Forceful Swipe.

code:
"CONCENTRATED RAGE (51) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range4 - DISARM
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Top action of your turn to add +3ATK to all your Bear's attacks this round. OR Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Bottom action of your turn to add +3MOVE to all your Bear's move this round. - LOSS"

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Fast demon works for me, actually! Nyeh hah hah.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders from one player :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Apologies! Had a midterm due yesterday, had a minor medical emergency and my wedding anniversary at the same time... Everything turned out great but the 5 mins I planned to do this before bed turned into me immediately falling asleep :)

Sent in orders

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Frosthaven Kickstarter is live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frosthaven/frosthaven?ref=discovery&term=frosthaven

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Imo, if you like GH, FH is probably going to be better, since Isaac has had a few editions (plus Forgotten Circles and Jaws of the Lion) to improve mechanics and see what works and what doesn't.

E: update asap!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ruinous Crypt, Round 2B

- None!

4. Night Demons posted:

- Night Demon 4(E) focuses Ash! Moves1 to D3. Loses DISARMED token.
- Night Demon 1 focuses Master Splinter! Moves2 to C1. Attacks Master Splinter for 1 (3base, -2mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 9 HP.

Not as big as pulling multiple x2 in a row, but the monsters have drawn two -2s in two consecutive Rounds (which is only possible if their deck has been shuffled in between).

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Activates Battle-Axe! Attacks Night Demon 1 for 5 (2base, +1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. PUSHES3 Night Demon 1 into hex E1! Trap in E1 sprung! Night Demon 1 suffers 4 Trap damage! Attacks Cultist 4 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (2base, +0/+0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. PUSHES3 Cultist 4 into hex G1! Trap in G1 sprung! Cultist 4 suffers 4 Trap damage!
Night Demon 1 is killed!
Cultist 4 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves2 to D2.
Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion, recovers Brain Leech and Fearsome Blade.

On top of the very nice play, let's notice that our Mindthief was skilled enough to draw a double +0 on an ADVANTAGE'd attack with a 14 card deck to be able to push the Cultist onto the second trap :v:

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Frost Armor (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves1 to B2.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Fire Orbs (top)! Attacks Cultist 5 for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage! Attacks Cultist 2 for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage! Attacks Night Demon 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (3base, -1/+1mod) damage! Gains 3XP.
FIRE is now strong.

Otoh, this pull was a bit unlucky.

- Ash the Bear focuses Night Demon 4(E)! Attacks Night Demon 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/+1mod) damage!
Night Demon 4(E) is at 5 HP.
- Pikachu uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to PUSH2 Night Demon 4(E) to G4! Gains 1XP. Trap in E4 sprung! Night Demon 4(E) suffers 4 Trap damage! Trap in G4 sprung! Night Demon 4(E) suffers 4 Trap damage!
Night Demon 4(E) is killed!
- Pikachu uses Concentrated Rage (top)! Attacks Cultist 2 for 2 (1base, x2mod) damage!
Cultist 2 is at 1 HP and is DISARMED!

Sick 2 damage Crit!

63. Cultists posted:

- Cultist 2 focuses Master Splinter! Summons Living Bones 7 in hex D3. Cultist 2 suffers 2 damage!
Cultist 2 is killed!
- Cultist 5 focuses Master Splinter! Summons Living Bones 6 in hex F2. Cultist 5 suffers 2 damage!
Cultist 5 is at 2 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Pikachu's deck is shuffled!
- FIRE is now waning.

Edit: let me know if you want the skeletons to be summoned in a different, valid hex!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Apr 1, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

That Italian Guy posted:

Imo, if you like GH, FH is probably going to be better, since Isaac has had a few editions (plus Forgotten Circles and Jaws of the Lion) to improve mechanics and see what works and what doesn't.

on the downside, Marcel is still involved and he is not a good designer. He designs things that are fun to design, instead of things that are fun to play. Forgotten circles destroyed my group's interest in gloomhaven.

on the subject of this turn - that was really well done. 3 deaths in a single round, including both night demons - and probably both remaining cultists die before they summon skeletons.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like this room is almost finished, probably next turn or the turn after. I'm guessing we will be heading down, since we are already near the door?

E: I'll be moving fairly quickly and smacking a skelly (or cultist if needed) for good damage.

Slaan fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I'm also going to go reasonably fast and try to take out the skeleton next to Ash.