Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No mods no masters, let's talk about Star Wars The Last Jedi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:blastu:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I CAN FINALLY BE AS DEPRESSING AS I WANT!

...I don't want to be depressing.
Take care everybody. You are important and valid.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

My anniversary with my (occasionally LDR) partner is coming this Sunday. Any suggestions for online experiences that can stand in for a proper celebration? I'm wondering if there's stuff like online theme parks or museums or aquariums...or maybe there's a uniquely online-only experience we can take advantage of?

(We are sending each other ice cream but I am also hoping to be able to squeeze in a secret surprise butter cake to be sent over)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

April Fools used to be fun before hellworld, but the problem really started before that, when in the early 2000s on, every website would go "here's some good news that would make a lot of people happy. Whoops! April Fools!"

The only good April Fools imo was when the BBC in the 60s put out a documentary or news item on the spaghetti/pasta farmers of Italy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EGM magazine was good at April Fools

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OFFICER LIGER posted:

EGM magazine was good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Was good imo

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

I despise April Fools

I'm still gonna watch April Fool's Day tonight, I don't care how hosed up the world is.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

I'm still here

Anyway I really like that movie

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also this April fools thing is dumb as gently caress

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

April fools things have been dumb as gently caress for years because there is no creativity and like 99 percent of them are done because it's expected

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

My fav part of tlj was Luke's arc

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also it's weird that in these uncertain times where everyone is freakin' out man!!! someone would choose to do some weird april fools that makes it look like the place they go to escape the freak out is also crumbling from the inside

Genuinely not tryin' to be a downer about a silly joke but read the room, ya know

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Also it's weird that in these uncertain times where everyone is freakin' out man!!! someone would choose to do some weird april fools that makes it look like the place they go to escape the freak out is also crumbling from the inside

Genuinely not tryin' to be a downer about a silly joke but read the room, ya know

the number of places that are going to do bad taste toilet paper/etc jokes is going to be so high

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

green tiddy milk

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

the number of places that are going to do bad taste toilet paper/etc jokes is going to be so high

Also I bet over a hundred different celebs will 'die from carona' across the internet today because fake deaths are also hilarious every single year

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah, I knew some idiot website was going to do a poor taste April Fools joke but I didn't expect it to be this idiot website. At least it's not about corona.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I knew some idiot website was going to do a poor taste April Fools joke but I didn't expect it to be this idiot website. At least it's not about corona.

You didn't expect Something Awful to do a joke in poor taste

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Artelier posted:

My anniversary with my (occasionally LDR) partner is coming this Sunday. Any suggestions for online experiences that can stand in for a proper celebration? I'm wondering if there's stuff like online theme parks or museums or aquariums...or maybe there's a uniquely online-only experience we can take advantage of?

(We are sending each other ice cream but I am also hoping to be able to squeeze in a secret surprise butter cake to be sent over)

You can do a tour in SecondLife if that’s still a thing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The quarantine has completely messed up my April 1st plans: walking around town with a carnation pinned to my lapel, just waiting for the first person to come in for a closer sniff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:rip: J-Ru I guess

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the best april fools joke for SA would be to pretend the forums were closed by Lowtax for not making money anymore, and then the prank is that he chose April 1 to close them for realsies and we're all stuck anxiously waiting for the site to come back

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Its the worst when petty drama happens in the secret vip lounge cuz we messy bitches in the rabble cant learn about it. At least fatherdog leaked poo poo for us when he went out on his shield

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
now that the mods are all dead can i post my bhole itt?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bhole legal

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good morning

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

NienNunb posted:

Bhole legal

That's the forgotten ECW PPV

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That's the forgotten ECW PPV

is that when tajiri unleashed the brown mist?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey can you think of any sort of buildings that might go in a stereotypical Wild West town? So far I have
Doctor
Jail
Saloon/inn
Water tower
Clock tower (maybe?)
Church
Smith
Stables
General store
Mayors place

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey can you think of any sort of buildings that might go in a stereotypical Wild West town? So far I have
Doctor
Jail
Saloon/inn
Water tower
Clock tower (maybe?)
Church
Smith
Stables
General store
Mayors place

Barbers
Gun Shop

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Undertaker

(clap clap clapclapclap)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Doctor
Jail
Saloon/inn
Water tower
Clock tower (maybe?)
Church
Smith
Stables
General store
Mayors place

Barber, gun shop, another saloon/inn, maybe a mansion if the town has rich folk in it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Doctor
Jail
Saloon/inn
Water tower
Clock tower (maybe?)
Church
Smith
Stables
General store
Mayors place

Train Station
Post Office/Pony Express Station
Brothel

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hell yeah.

Anyway, Final Fantasy XIV usually does really good April Fools stuff because most of the time the jokes actually become part of the game in some form or another. Oddly enough I haven't seen one for this year yet, so I wonder if they're actually skipping it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Took my toddler in for his medical checkups leading to hopefully his last heart surgery and that was pretty intense. It was at one of the hospitals so they had it completely locked down. Only one entrance, a separate exit. Barricades up, full PPG on the staff at the entrance and a full on military style check point(didn't see any guns tho). They forced us to wash hands, didn't take our temps(surprisingly) and had to answer a bunch of questions("have you pooped yourself recently").

Do you know how hard it is to wash your hands with a toddler in one arm and a diaper bag in the other? Ended up having to balance the bag on my foot like kung fu scholar and lilcoco and I did a team effort on the handswash. No one clapped.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

was not expecting the crazed pedophile in pinocchio

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Now you can steal this person's work and be full of Fozzy whenever you play Animal Crossing.

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1244838602971820032

posting it here too because it's gonna get lost in the Dynamite thread.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Rewatched Sexy Beast tonight; that is some good poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Doctor
Jail
Saloon/inn
Water tower
Clock tower (maybe?)
Church
Smith
Stables
General store
Mayors place

If you haven’t already, watching (or re-watching) Deadwood is probably really good for this because each conflict is so location-centric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

Rewatched Sexy Beast tonight; that is some good poo poo.

fistbump