Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

awesome! I've definitely got plans for this now

my island is buying turnips for 571 Bells a pop, hop on over. Only thing I want is fruit in exchange. Dodo code is 93LVC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
spawn rates for stone eggs seem really low for me. maybe I'm just unlucky across the board today

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zet posted:

In the day the balloon colors seem random. Or maybe after a set number of random ones.

Then it seems to be...

blue - materials
yellow - bells
green - items
red - DIY

So I just got a yellow balloon that had a DIY recipe in it, so it seems like the balloon colors don't matter.

Also the recipe I got was for another bamboo item. I have gotten 2 cherry blossom recipes today so I'm not sure what that's about.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's Earth eggs there aren't enough of. There's like 4a day. They don't respawn, islands get you maybe 2 of them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The trick is to say out loud to your switch "gosh I really hope I can catch lots of eggs" and the game will switch to fish mode in an attempt to defeat you

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are Nook Miles Islands also infested with eggs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow I just got Klaus at my campsite. I take back the unlucky comment

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
Hey all $182 turnips.

Gates are open.

Bells as tips are greatly appreciated as my wife and I are, currently, broke.

Please be respectful, my wife and I share this island.

Turnip Exchange Code: Closed

Edit: Oh, and if anyone needs it: https://turnip.exchange/

MussoliniB fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 1, 2020

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

according to the game there are actually more eggs on the nook islands than there is on your island

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I mean, I think you guys just need to approach the multiplayer differently. If you're just playing privately with a couple buds then yeah, do whatever you want. but if its an island open to the public for trading then like, there's no reason for you to bother leaving a message or whatever. just PM your friend

Nintendo won't give you free games for defending their terrible online systems.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Harrow posted:

you cannot escape Egg Hell

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

my island is buying turnips for 571 Bells a pop, hop on over. Only thing I want is fruit in exchange. Dodo code is 93LVC

I tried coming over but it says there’s interference?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think I only have two complaints with the game:

1. the hybrid seed/flower propagation method is kinda boring and annoying, I wish I had more direct control over it
2. I wish the camera were completely free

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So I just got a yellow balloon that had a DIY recipe in it, so it seems like the balloon colors don't matter.

Also the recipe I got was for another bamboo item. I have gotten 2 cherry blossom recipes today so I'm not sure what that's about.

Is it still day on your island? IME, during the day it's still random and when it's going East to West the colors seem more consistent. But I haven't tested enough to know if this is a Real Thing or what. Part of me is okay with a surprise. Anything but eggs right now... (unless it's a Day 1 DIY recipe...)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Badger of Basra posted:

I tried coming over but it says there’s interference?

I just had a bunch of people come over so I think that might be it haha

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Magical Bee posted:

She asked me to set up her shop on her third visit, so I think you just need to wait for that.

Second Mabel visit for me, I'd only bought like four things from her, and I don't think my wife bought much either. This was the day my resident services building opened, which I suspect is the main factor in her deciding to build the shop.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Carlosologist posted:

I just had a bunch of people come over so I think that might be it haha

If you have 400+ bell price and post your dodo code, you're going to get GoonSwarmed and it's going to be hell. Taking 30+ minutes to join, 30+ minutes to sell, and 30+ minutes to leave.

This tool will make it easy to share your dodo code and keep your island open without any involvement from you:

https://turnip.exchange/

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you have 400+ bell price and post your dodo code, you're going to get GoonSwarmed and it's going to be hell. Taking 30+ minutes to join, 30+ minutes to sell, and 30+ minutes to leave.

This tool will make it easy to share your dodo code and keep your island open without any involvement from you:

But how does it work on the end of the people who want to join an island

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

John Wick of Dogs posted:

But how does it work on the end of the people who want to join an island

The host sets up a turnip exchange website, and shares that URL here in this thread. And they're done!

Users log on to the turnip exchange website and are given the dodo code in small batches

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Wait why don’t you wanna leave with the minus button? Do you mean don’t leave friends’ islands with it or the game period?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Great, thanks a bunch! This is the Turnip Code: 0f27a5d4

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

Wait why don’t you wanna leave with the minus button? Do you mean don’t leave friends’ islands with it or the game period?

If you leave a friend's island with the minus button, you nuke everyone's progress and inventories since their last auto save

Leaving your OWN game with minus is perfectly legal

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

that's an egg, not a fish!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsjJ1WWrV20

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I see you've played eggy fishy before!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it's probably worth adding "in multiplayer" to the title

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Also that's the only way to actually save and quit when playing solo

When I jokingly suggested the new thread subtitle I didn't know how long it could be so apologizes if it's not clear, I guess, even though I didn't do anything lmao

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Animal Crossing right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

I'm opening up my gates for a bit. Help yourself to oranges (the gift bags by the airport contain 10 each, grab one - or just shake trees) or other fruit. There's also a few birthday cupcakes for the taking.

If you want to draw something dumb on my bulletin board please feel free because it'll make me smile (and it's my birthday).

Dodo code: ---

Closed now. Thanks!

an angry penguin fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 1, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Just so everyone is aware, apparently there's a glitch revolving around the Balloon presents. If you hit 300 of them, DO NOT ACCEPT THE NOOK MILES REWARDS. IT WILL STOP BALLOONS FROM SPAWNING.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-new-horizons/78523182?page=4
https://www.reddit.com/r/ac_newhorizons/comments/fqccz4/bug_balloon_gifts_not_spawning_after_its_raining/

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
two weeks of eggs, huh

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I thoroughly hate Bunny Day.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm really enjoying the terraforming but all of my designs have big gaps where I want future inclines/bridges to go because you can only have one project at a time :(

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

I'm the guy in the power suit, just dropped off six of every fruit for you! First time joining a high traffic island, this is a nightmare whew.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope the special prize is a gun recipe I can craft and shoot the rabbit with.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Carlosologist posted:

Great, thanks a bunch! This is the Turnip Code: 0f27a5d4

Hooray I was able to sell the rest of my partner's turnips! I left you some fruits by your house

(I'm still on your island but inching my way toward the airport)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maybe it's all the zobbity bobbity but I read Zipper in Bill Cosby's voice.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's also perfectly safe to use minus to leave multiplayer when no one has a text box open but it's more fun to spread incomplete info and cause confusion

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

How the hell are people doing things like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Acpatterns.com

Click convert, not load and all that stuff about importing your info so you can edit it in game is for new leaf