Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Does the manga have a different ending than the anime?
in the anime theyre just reborn, in the manga theyre reborn as sisters. It sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

is railgun homo
Theres a scene where mikoto wears a suit while misaki makes fun of her

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
drat welcome to the nhk still owns...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

in the anime theyre just reborn, in the manga theyre reborn as sisters. It sucks

in that sense it was like old yuri was gradually working its way up because compared to yamibou's "i'm reincarnated as your (het) child" ending it was at least an ending where they confessed to each other and then reincarnated as equals

now we can just forget about that bullshit entirely though

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The Colonel posted:

i'll make an april fools that links to slow start and says "drat tama is relatable"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is a great April Fool's day.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Space Flower posted:

besides the general homoerotic tension involved in a series centered around an all-girls school theres an out lesbian who is the main char's roommate and she's sometimes the butt of jokes but also gets handled with seriousness a great deal enough that every fan of the series loves her, and her VA is the actual best. the biggest crime of this series is that it refuses to let her into the secret that the girl she adores has over 10,000 living clones. like, surely the main writer is saving this for a big moment but its been ten years or some poo poo. give her the girls.
I think the character sometimes steps over a line from jealous admirer to total creep. Although that's almost entirely in the anime original episodes so most of the time she's fine.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The coward mods should hold an actual coup instead of this April Fool's poo poo.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
This is the worst April Fool's day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

The coward mods should hold an actual coup instead of this April Fool's poo poo.

It's so loving fail.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's so loving fail.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the forums tom clancey fan fiction is epic and win, actually

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mentat Radnor posted:

This is the worst April Fool's day.

saw the first page and threw my computer into the sea

don't do us like that sunrise arrow

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Julias you are one of the few mods on this site I have had a modicum of respect for, I really hope you didn't participate in this abysmal april fool's joke willingly.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

an unfunny april fool's joke is the kind of thing that ought to be taken lightly, imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

april fools is now the holiday of hate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would you respect julias

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cuntellectual posted:

Julias you are one of the few mods on this site I have had a modicum of respect for, I really hope you didn't participate in this abysmal april fool's joke willingly.

I did, and I paid for my sins :colbert:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

I think he prioritized at least attempting to do a good job, as opposed to his top priority being trying to carve out a personal fiefdom.

Elephant Parade posted:

an unfunny april fool's joke is the kind of thing that ought to be taken lightly, imo

Being unfunny and kinda pathetic is one thing, but when the punchline of a joke is something about a woman who is (last we heard) stuck in a DV shelter with her young daughter during a global pandemic, I am going to hold the people who thought it was hilarious in contempt.

Everyone has their own personal definitions of what is and is not ok to joke about. If it gave me a laugh I'd probably let it slide but... What is the joke here exactly? That people still hate most of the staff? April Fool's!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 1, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tbh cuntellectual is right actually

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Being unfunny and kinda pathetic is one thing, but when the punchline of a joke is something about a woman who is (last we heard) stuck in a DV shelter with her young daughter during a global pandemic, I am going to hold the people who thought it was hilarious in contempt.

Wait, what?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If she is the punchline anyway. Ive paid 0 attention to this

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

If she is the punchline anyway. Ive paid 0 attention to this

I think the joke was she planned it to get back at lowtax but I'm not sure since it's all incredibly dumb.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

I gave her a massive secret santa gift

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Cuntellectual posted:

Being unfunny and kinda pathetic is one thing, but when the punchline of a joke is something about a woman who is (last we heard) stuck in a DV shelter with her young daughter during a global pandemic
Wait what

Sorry, I thought it was just a bunch of "haha the mods are rebelling" announcements and 100k probations; hadn't seen anything related to that bit. Yeah, that's pretty hosed up!

e: I haven't been able to find the puncjline in question, so I'd appreciate a link

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 1, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
For what it's worth, that wrinkle was never a part of the Mod's prank, it was made up by another SA user in a GiP thread to create ~lore~

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918894

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

then it's back to "unfunny prank too ignorable to be worth caring about" in my eyes

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Julias posted:

For what it's worth, that wrinkle was never a part of the Mod's prank, it was made up by another SA user in a GiP thread to create ~lore~

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918894

Fair enough. I wasn't sure who was in on it or anything.

So it's less terrible and more just not very funny but you all can have a gold star for trying. :toot:

Agronox posted:

Wait, what?

If you mean the Lowtax thing, there's been two things said.

According to Lowtax: While he was in Salt Lake City meeting a business partner, his current wife kidnapped their daughter together with his ex wife and took her to a domestic violence shelter so he couldn't do anything about the parental kidnapping.

According to his wife: While Lowtax was in Salt Lake City cheating on her, she was underground railroaded to a domestic violence shelter by his ex wife with her daughter because Lowtax was abusive.

A lot of "believe women" types on SA sided with Lowtax despite there being fair reason to believe his wife was telling the truth, which contributed to my current negative outlook on the forum's moderation and user base that lead me to believe the staff would try and make a joke out of it.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 1, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How can Lowtax be an abusive parent if his spine's all hosed up? Dumb question I know.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Verbally abusive

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

STFU, all.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

How can Lowtax be an abusive parent if his spine's all hosed up? Dumb question I know.

....you can still hit people and be emotionally abusive/control people's finances/threaten people dude.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

....you can still hit people and be emotionally abusive/control people's finances/threaten people dude.
Just making sure I'm on the same page; it was a stupid question.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/e8144/status/1245514090291671041?s=20

Eunyoung Choi has stepped up as president of Science Saru after Masaaki Yuasa stepped down from the role.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/e8144/status/1245514090291671041?s=20

Eunyoung Choi has stepped up as president of Science Saru after Masaaki Yuasa stepped down from the role.

I know a lot of people are lamenting this, but it was probably a move made with mutual understanding between both parties and I don't think Yuasa plans on retiring or anything. It's possible that this actually frees him up to do more directorial work instead of focusing on the business side of things.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i can never get past the fact that the central conceit of the story is a teenager dropping out of school and ending up a domestic helper isolated from her family and almost everyone she knows

like, i'm sure in the piece of fiction she's getting paid fair wages and has had great guidance from adults on her options in life, but it's hard not to think about how closely it mirrors a lot of modern day slavery

hecka great food though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Julias posted:

I know a lot of people are lamenting this, but it was probably a move made with mutual understanding between both parties and I don't think Yuasa plans on retiring or anything. It's possible that this actually frees him up to do more directorial work instead of focusing on the business side of things.

Yuasa explicitly stated in his resignation that he wanted to rest before working again. He's also still got a movie set for 2021, so yeah, he just wants to focus more on directing.