Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I just wish they stop running the same jokes again and again. Do we need to visit the beach and hotsprings every time

but then it wouldnt be just like my animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Brother Entropy posted:

once p5 finally came out we really should've seen smtv being the new p5 coming

maybe it'll be on the switch 2........

It's a PS5 game now.

I joke, but I wouldn't be at all surprised with a multiplatform release at this point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

It's a PS5 game now.

I joke, but I wouldn't be at all surprised with a multiplatform release at this point.

Probably not sadly. Atlus seems pretty dead-set on not multiplatting these games, at least on release. It's probably because they are at least partially funded by Sony/Nintendo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ImpAtom posted:

Probably not sadly. Atlus seems pretty dead-set on not multiplatting these games, at least on release. It's probably because they are at least partially funded by Sony/Nintendo.

Ah, I hadn't realised that Nintendo was actually partially funding it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Entropy posted:

once p5 finally came out we really should've seen smtv being the new p5 coming

maybe it'll be on the switch 2........
Goddammit, don't do me dirty like this Atlus/Sega/Nintendo/Kaneko!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kay Kessler posted:

I'm wary of that being a good idea after Caligula Effect, which was full of fat jokes and a trans character that was poorly executed (not exactly maliciously, but really badly thought out).

Just give it to either the TMS team or the Dx2 team. They both have shown they can write likeable characters and the mobile game has at least one canon gay character (as well as a few implied) whose homosexuality isn't treated as a joke.

Look don't go breaking my dreams with reality.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I just wish they stop running the same jokes again and again. Do we need to visit the beach and hotsprings every time

It's a staple of the anime Japanese High School experience. It's not just Persona but pretty much anything featuring High School with events spread out over a long period of time. The main character gets a fresh start at High School in the spring and makes friends. In the summer they go to the beach or pool, followed by going to the Summer Festival, studying for exams, going on their school field trip (Okinawa for more beach fun or a mountain resort for hot springs,) spending Christmas and New Year's eve with someone, then Valentines Day followed by White Day, and almost forgot the school festival. There's going to be a few dates in there as well but it depends entirely on the pacing of the romance plot.

Unless you get them out of the High School dating sim experience it's not going to change.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CottonWolf posted:

There's zero evidence of that.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Alternatively, go all in on the high school dating sim. Leave the dungeoning and battling and fusing to the megaten games and make room for more involved classes, clubs and date/hangout events. Gameplay can still take the form of schedule management and social stats and general dicking around. Turn Persona into Tokimeki Memorial.

What I'm saying is localize the Tokimeki Memorial games.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Wark Say posted:

Every time I see an update on this thread, I'm hoping we get some SMT V news.

Alas. :sigh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Give me a Persona set in the past. Like in the same time period as Raidou Kuzunoha so he gets a cameo. Or during the 80s.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

It isn't proven at all but generally there seems to be some reason that Atlus isn't, say, porting Persona 5 to the Switch despite releasing the sequel for it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Give me a Persona set in the past. Like in the same time period as Raidou Kuzunoha so he gets a cameo. Or during the 80s.

yakuza 0 but everyone has a persona

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Brother Entropy posted:

Stop making me want things I know I’ll never have!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tae as the main character, please.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jump forward in time and do something like SMT 2 where it's the distant future.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I would prefer the social sim stuff be done but I know it'll never happen

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

People say hot springs gags are supet common in anime but legit I haven't seen one played straight in like, 10 years. Like hot spring gag eps still happen but like, usually they have different gags than wacky peeping.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Persona 4 was big city kid goes to small town and Persona 5 was the opposite.

Persona 6 should be a game with two protagonists with two completely different stories that intersect at the end. One protagonist should be a Japanese foreign exchange going to America. The other should be an American foreign exchange student going to Japan. The two protagonists see each other in the Velvet Room for whatever reason until their teams join forces to beat the world ending calamity demon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

A Yakuza SMT game would totally work.

A Substory where you help the Jack Brothers win a rap battle, right before going back to end-of-the-world serious stuff.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

What's really funny about the hot spring scene in 4 is that in general smaller towns like Inaba tend to have a different "hot spring culture" than cities like Tokyo, where mixed bathing is more encouraged or at least not looked at as anything weird. Especially if they're all wearing loving towels like the P4 characters do.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Persona 4 was big city kid goes to small town and Persona 5 was the opposite.

Persona 6 should be a game with two protagonists with two completely different stories that intersect at the end. One protagonist should be a Japanese foreign exchange going to America. The other should be an American foreign exchange student going to Japan. The two protagonists see each other in the Velvet Room for whatever reason until their teams join forces to beat the world ending calamity demon.

Do they both get social links? If so, do they split the Arcana or each get the whole deal?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

What's really funny about the hot spring scene in 4 is that in general smaller towns like Inaba tend to have a different "hot spring culture" than cities like Tokyo, where mixed bathing is more encouraged or at least not looked at as anything weird. Especially if they're all wearing loving towels like the P4 characters do.

yeah but that would be an actually interesting and possibly funny scene. like imagine yosuke freaking out because he thinks chie is trying to bait him into getting owned or something but she just thinks this is normal, thatd be something like a joke.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

No, take it to the next level: Kazuma Kiryu is now a summonable Persona.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Yakuza 7 looks good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AradoBalanga posted:

No, take it to the next level: Kazuma Kiryu is now a summonable Persona.
Kazuma Kiryu using "Bicycle" against enemies and tons of them being weak to that attack would be hilarious.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Kay Kessler posted:

I'm wary of that being a good idea after Caligula Effect, which was full of fat jokes and a trans character that was poorly executed (not exactly maliciously, but really badly thought out).

Didn't know about all that but always thought the overall plot centering around the world being ruled by an evil Vocaloid felt like dumb pandering.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I'm ready for an Atlus x Platinum Raidou 3

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do they both get social links? If so, do they split the Arcana or each get the whole deal?

I haven't thought beyond it through beyond that. If they split the arcana, each Persona team might have less members, making them more focused. But team variety might get stale.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

People say hot springs gags are supet common in anime but legit I haven't seen one played straight in like, 10 years. Like hot spring gag eps still happen but like, usually they have different gags than wacky peeping.

My Hero Academia has a peeking hot springs gag. It's still going on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

My Hero Academia has a peeking hot springs gag. It's still going on.

tbf mha feels like its a manga made by a guy who gets possessed by the ghost of akira toriyama every 7 panels

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I am no master of anime or anything but Persona's humor always felt very 90s to me.

I guess we should all just be grateful the Old Man Pervert trope has died out.Then again, Dragon Ball and Ranma were the 80s.

Point is, there has been progress more or less. Persona is just a bit behind the times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah thats mostly my point. For a game thats trying to be slick and modern Persona 5 especially feels dated in a ton of ways.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Endorph posted:

The last time I genuinely chuckled at a Hot Springs twist was probably in Tales of Berseria

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hot spring scene but it's just the cast getting really competitive over ping pong

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Back to Yakuza again

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I'd love to see a Persona game set in the US with a Japanese exchange student, they'd get so much wrong in hopefully funny ways.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Numerous 3DS Megatens are on sale right now, which includes SMT4/4A, the devil survivors, SJ redux, persona q1/2, and the game for hardcore hackers: Soul Hackers.

Other atlus games are also on sale. The deals will last until April 13

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Time to buy Strange Journey so I can experience Eridanus again.

loving not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Physical releases of Persona Q are notorious for having high failure rates. Even if you think you own the game, you probably don't anymore.