Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The beauty of it is that in Russia covid is indistinguishable from the rampant super-TB and alcoholism deaths, so they can spare the doctors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Truga posted:

i gotta admit this is top tier trolling by *checks notes* shipping face masks to places who desperately need them to save a bunch of lives

ccp/putin clearly only hire the best trolls

trolling americans by being nice to other countries

wait

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Americans cannot comprehend any kind of assistance to other countries that isn’t more f35s for Israel or Saudi Arabia

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

It's totally normal to feel this way. There's a lot of good stuff out there that just gets ignored by academics because so many insist that China is the bad guy (which is sometimes true), so works that paint China as a good-faith actor or non-imperialist get ignored, and those views don't trickle into the common discourse. I've def seen this in action in real time– a lecturer offers years of rational evidence that China has done something good for a foreign country and offered a positive alternative from Western interests, and no one in the room can wrap their heads around it because they can't turn off their "China BAD" switch

Do you have any links? My time in Africa has led me to a healthy skepticism of Chinese outreach there. And a revulsion towards Western style NGOism.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 23, 2021

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So Kushner negotiated a whole big plane of medical material from China in exchange for Trump stop calling it "Ghana Virus". I still haven't decided if it was a better deal for China or better deal for Trump.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Mar 31, 2020

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was personally ambivalent on China until I saw comrade typos epic posts

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://postcourier.com.pg/chinese-wet-markets-open/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pray for Pangolins!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

sincx posted:

Don't forget that 95% of US news about China are sourced from those who are scheming for regime change.

It's as if all news about Spain were sourced from Catalonian independence activists, all news about Northern Ireland from Sinn Fein, etc.

Those would be good though

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
It would be more like the Irish Riverdance show sell for $400 a ticket and all their profit go toward the IRA and a fake English news assembly line factory.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Well you just doubled the monthly site visits for the *check's notes* Paupa New Guinea Post Courier.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Mostly empty? Jesus.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Yeah, fortunately it was an old-style slow train, so almost everyone survived.

When similar things happen to those bullet trains, you just pave over the wreckage.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm surprised they don't do the weird chain-link mesh they do in the US as landslide protection

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Grapplejack posted:

I'm surprised they don't do the weird chain-link mesh they do in the US as landslide protection

I've seen that in some places, not in others.
Could be they did have it, but maintenance slipped recently, what with the Everything.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sincx posted:

China Railways got really lucky on this one. The most seriously damaged carriage (the one that folded over on itself, see below) turned out to be the dining car, and it was mostly empty since it wasn't quite lunch yet when the derailment happened.

holy poo poo lmao

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The older lines have less infrastructure dedicated to them. That kind of escarpment probably isn't code for the high speed lines.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Edit: posted in wrong thread

strange feelings re Daisy has issued a correction as of 02:55 on Apr 2, 2020

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

but there's only one China? :thunk:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You're missing some to the west there.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It really happened, yeah. It's partly because the French authorities are paying on delivery while the Americans are paying upfront, no questions asked. The French article also says the supply chain in China is a clusterfuck since everyone is ordering at the same time. Shipments are held up at one airport, so you try to send them to another airport by truck but there are traffic jams, and so on.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Is this a Koei game? Whats the name?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is this a Koei game? Whats the name?

it's Paradox Interactive's Hearts of Iron IV. it is not a very good game

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's Heart of Iron IV.

e: gently caress

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

It's specifically from the Kaiserreich mod, which in the newest version has Chen Jiongming being able to potentially being able to unite the country under a federalist system.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Autism Sneaks posted:

it's Paradox Interactive's Hearts of Iron IV. it is not a very good game

Actually it's very good.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

sincx posted:

No, that's not a KOEI game.

This is a KOEI game:

I know I’ve been reading the SA China threads too long because at first I read that as Chinar

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

1 Can I play in the long march scenario?

2 Can I play as hansome Wang Jingwei and try to win with no army but just diplomatic tools?

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

1 Can I play in the long march scenario?

2 Can I play as hansome Wang Jingwei and try to win with no army but just diplomatic tools?

Can't really Long March (the core combat simulation is essentially "armies never die unless isolated, but die immediately if they are", and the local departure is the abject failure of the Northern Expedition anyway), but Wang Jingwei is in fact the default (left, Chiang has been shuffled off in the aftermath) KMT leader in KR.

Wouldn't recommend it with no army, since you start at war with a very successful given that departure Zhili Clique and even if you survive you're the odd man out among the mostly-Wobbly global left that's balanced to lose without human intervention.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Hack fault! I wouldn't play it unless I can seize the properties of landlords and split the lands to the peasants!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

Hack fault! I wouldn't play it unless I can seize the properties of landlords and split the lands to the peasants!

There's multiple syndicalist/leftist routes you can play in the scenario, despite Mao being written out in the lore.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well in the base game you can be Mao. It's a difficult start for beginners. You can also ditch him and have Wang Ming as the Communist leader following a more Soviet aligned route or wuss out and become a Social Democratic party. You can also be the Chiang Kai-Shek led KMT, any of the major warlords, or Wang Jingwei's collaborationist government.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1245982255534813185
https://twitter.com/ajitxsingh/status/1245811554173370375

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1246318049453461511?s=19