Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

not really, tho the reznick family oligarchs would have you believe otherwise since their almonds alone use more than LA and SF put together

SF/MF = Single/Multi Family

Source: California Department of Water Resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

not really, tho the reznick family oligarchs would have you believe otherwise since their almonds alone use more than LA and SF put together

What a utopia, I wonder what sort of amazing land usage and housing prices this shining beacon of progress has as well!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Yep. CA water use is basically:

10% - Residential
10% - Commercial / Industrial
70% - Agricultural (non-almonds)
10% - Agricultural (almonds)

As much water goes just to almonds as to every house, lawn, apartment building, and swimming pool in the entire 40-million person state.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Why exactly are we still part of this union?

The people making mass duckets off a situation that could've easily been avoided (Zoom, Apple, Facebook, ect) long ago priced anyone with a will to fight or give a gently caress out of the state, or ground them down with the labor and hustle needed to finance absurd rents.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i do love how affordable almonds are though. i eat them every day

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So proud of Californian tech, we’re generating wealth here baybeee

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
look I’m not saying that we won’t have to do some internal housecleaning along the way

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

So proud of Californian tech, we’re generating wealth here baybeee

I’m not “proud” of our tech, just pointing out that the Failing United States has handed over its complete technological infrastructure to western states. That’s a hellva lot of leverage

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Almonds don’t even make you high like Qat does

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

We have the largest National Gaurd, the tech companies that are making quarantine work (Zoom, Apple, Facebook, ect), the companies feeding everyone (door dash, instacart). We were the first state to shut down and are currently on track to have less deaths than ALABAMA by the end of this, all without Chinese-style draconian measures. We have the 1/5th largest economy in the world.

Meanwhile the President of the US hates us and tries to murder us with faulty equipment. Why exactly are we still part of this union?

remember when that lovely tax bill passed and some articles came out about how california and new york could withhold their fed tax contributions somehow in order to get around the new SALT deduction cap

incidentally lousiana's healthcare system is anticipated to be so buttfucked that my friends in new orleans are being paid to sew gowns and masks for the big hospital there

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
lol gently caress all those rich loving snobs in California who’ve never been more than 30 miles from the coast unless they’re in Tahoe. Split Cali into 4 democrat-leaning states.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Welp...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FMguru posted:

Yep. CA water use is basically:

10% - Residential
10% - Commercial / Industrial
70% - Agricultural (non-almonds)
10% - Agricultural (almonds)

As much water goes just to almonds as to every house, lawn, apartment building, and swimming pool in the entire 40-million person state.

You really like your activated almonds, huh.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

These motherfuckers are the same reason we can't have the greatness that is iranian pistachios in the US.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Delthalaz posted:

lol gently caress all those rich loving snobs in California who’ve never been more than 30 miles from the coast unless they’re in Tahoe. Split Cali into 4 democrat-leaning states.

c'mon man, napa is easily more than 30 miles from the coast

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

I’m not “proud” of our tech, just pointing out that the Failing United States has handed over its complete technological infrastructure to western states. That’s a hellva lot of leverage

i think you're forgetting about all those appalachian miners who took a coding bootcamp

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Let me know when you manage to conquer the plague of rental scooters first, lmao.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

Paladinus posted:

Let me know when you manage to conquer the plague of rental scooters first, lmao.

Some people are trying and god bless these heroes

https://www.instagram.com/birdgraveyard/

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I mean if you are going to go for an ideal than sure but realistically you are going to need the water

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://twitter.com/svenstoffels/status/1201576100461240326

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZjRDG6HDpw

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How sex negative can you get, man

The quarantines making it hard to get q good penetration going lately though

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

gently caress this onion! I will never be penetrated!

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

It's less than 12 miles to the San Pablo Bay and only 34 miles to the actual coast lol.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sorry to Bother You but it's podcasters instead of horses

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

So there is some light at the end of the tunnel

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Not normally into dudes but I am into Part 6

Poor Outlook
Jan 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

T-man posted:

Sorry to Bother You but it's podcasters instead of horses

drat that was a good rear end movie. Chapo didn't do an episode on it, did they?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy4CJ4F-epA

“He is a rotting carcass, writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the carrion lord of the vast Imperium of Man, for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day”

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccn8bRU5IiE

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/shafieikeyvan/status/1245412838543425537

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I feel like the Internet is coming full circle

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Marxism-TigerKingism

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

boooo get thsi poo poo out of cspam

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can we kick out American journalists too?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“China defeated two terrible plagues in one month.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1245612306735628290/pu/vid/360x640/GnvmvE70ukW8zsZW.mp4