Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Clearly the continual broadcast of the Olympic 2012 Opening Ceremony forever shows the Lib Dems actually won the argument

e: 14 was the number of points made by Woodrow Wilson before the Versailles Treaty which would probably have made the 20th century less lovely had they been followed more fully. Thanks, Clemenceau! #gcsehistorytakes

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
After 6 weeks in lockdown with nothing but the Olympic opening ceremony to watch, we will all emerge with Tim brain.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

i'm not a lovely racist

"I'm not racist, but"

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Moonwolf posted:

That's because they were lovely Stalinists, and now are just capitalists. The idea that the CCP would go to any form of worker control from here is patently laughable.

Oh yes they'll continue to be authoritarian and cadre-oriented, but I don't think it's entirely impossible that they engage in some successful redistributive policies. Perhaps naively, I don't think that the significant number of ultra-wealthy and often (implicitly) ideologically liberal democratic Chinese capitalists are considered particularly warmly by the CCP, particularly under Xi.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
just heard on a conference call that employers won't be able to even apply for the furlough scheme until the end of April, lots of small businesses are not going to have cash on hand to pay their employees in the intervening period with little to zero revenue

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

TheRat posted:

"I'm not racist, but"

this is so incredibly goony

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1245646412584382464

REAP AND SOW, CUNTS

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
in these trying times some entertainment for you all: i have managed to get possibly the dumbest coronavirus war story, in that i seem to have done in my shoulder, most likely due to inactivity and poor posture while sitting down at the computer. even when i am in pain it is in the lamest way possible. do your stretches, people

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/1245359671952781313

lol labour is hosed.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

Man this new stage of Brexit is more cheerful already.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Angepain posted:

in these trying times some entertainment for you all: i have managed to get possibly the dumbest coronavirus war story, in that i seem to have done in my shoulder, most likely due to inactivity and poor posture while sitting down at the computer. even when i am in pain it is in the lamest way possible. do your stretches, people

was this your wanking side any chance?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh yes they'll continue to be authoritarian and cadre-oriented, but I don't think it's entirely impossible that they engage in some successful redistributive policies. Perhaps naively, I don't think that the significant number of ultra-wealthy and often (implicitly) ideologically liberal democratic Chinese capitalists are considered particularly warmly by the CCP, particularly under Xi.

Oh yeah, you're being super naive there. If a Chinese oligarch is ever on the outs with Xi, it's usually for the same reasons that a Russian oligarch would be on the outs with Putin. The upper echelons of the CCP are riddled with billionaires.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope this has the same effect as the sought-after Tony Blair endorsement.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh yeah, you're being super naive there. If a Chinese oligarch is ever on the outs with Xi, it's usually for the same reasons that a Russian oligarch would be on the outs with Putin. The upper echelons of the CCP are riddled with billionaires.

Just let me have my dumb pipe dream op

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

On the plus side we of the European dethkoff community at least get the FF7Remake a week earlier than our pondhopping cousins. Mine arrived an hour ago.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Do an LP, I want to see.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

hemale in pain posted:

was this your wanking side any chance?

this would in fact have been less lame than the actual repetitive strain i have been putting on my right arm in recent days, namely having my mouse in a bad position while breaking rocks in minecraft

when my kids ask me what i did during the coronavirus times i think i'll just say i spent the whole time in a coma

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I liked the opening ceremony. :colbert:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

And this is why I'll shortly be leaving labour

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

On the plus side we of the European dethkoff community at least get the FF7Remake a week earlier than our pondhopping cousins. Mine arrived an hour ago.

Who did you buy it from? Amazon has said mine will be delivered the day after release.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oodles posted:

The music kicked rear end, especially during the crazy Dark Satanic Mills bit.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hemale in pain posted:

No one is saying the rest of the planet is doing a great job at fighting the coronavirus or that it's china's fault here? everyone has been hugely critical of america/uk/europe.

they were replying to a post that explicitly stated "china is loving everyone". they demonstrated how this wasn't remotely true, that western governments have in fact hosed their own people.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I hope he loses, but will be sticking with Labour for at least a bit.

I think remaining in whilst also calling for lots of changes is important. It's why I still believe in electoralism.

Also, gently caress Xcom on Legendary mode. It is an agonising wait for anything and I need like 3 full squads of people to even make a dent at higher levels.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 2, 2020

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

stev posted:

Who did you buy it from? Amazon has said mine will be delivered the day after release.

I bought it from Square directly. Straight from the source baybay.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The music kicked rear end, especially during the crazy Dark Satanic Mills bit.

I was happy when I saw Frank Turner playing on the mockup of Glastonbury Tor.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

I bought it from Square directly. Straight from the source baybay.

Serves me right for funding the Bezos machine I guess. :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly I'm okay with Keir Starmer even if he was absolutely not my first choice, maybe I'm just rationalising it because the Democrats elected a senile dipshit motherfucker who kowtows to the Republicans because BIPARTISANSHIP.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

stev posted:

Serves me right for funding the Bezos machine I guess. :(

To be fair the delay probably means the covid saliva coughed on it at the warehouse will have become harmless by the time it hits your mailbox.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

I think remaining in whilst also calling for lots of changes is important. It's why I still believe in electoralism.

I can understand still participating in electoralism, but believing in it? Lol

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Failed Imagineer posted:

I can understand still participating in electoralism, but believing in it? Lol

Participating/ hoping that it works and preparing for it to not work. But fair.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

they were replying to a post that explicitly stated "china is loving everyone". they demonstrated how this wasn't remotely true, that western governments have in fact hosed their own people.

my argument is dumb because it's essentially running in circles screaming who hosed who first and doesn't excuse the western world for loving their people too. in general everyone's response to this has been awful apart from maybe south korea?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Honestly I'm okay with Keir Starmer even if he was absolutely not my first choice, maybe I'm just rationalising it because the Democrats elected a senile dipshit motherfucker who kowtows to the Republicans because BIPARTISANSHIP.

Keir Starmer will be awful, they're already planning mass purges of the left.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Oodles posted:

It's great as an opening ceremony but not so great as a political philosophy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Starmer reportedly plans to appoint Rachel Reeves as shadow chancellor.

'Tougher on benefits than the tories' Rachel Reeves.
Vice-chair of LFI Rachel Reeves.

Seems goo.d

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Josef bugman posted:

It's why I still believe in electoralism

Think that's the difference between us bman

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Josef bugman posted:

When we can't even get Neil Coyle deselected I don't loving care about believing in electoralism anymore.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheRat posted:

Starmer reportedly plans to appoint Rachel Reeves as shadow chancellor.

'Tougher on benefits than the tories' Rachel Reeves.
Vice-chair of LFI Rachel Reeves.

Seems goo.d

that was just rumours from 1 times journalist

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's great as an opening ceremony but not so great as a political philosophy

It showed that there are lots of talented people in the "putting on complicated shows" sector - which is true.

It didn't show that the UK was a happy undivided Lionel Hutz imagination land in 2012.

It's ok to wish for it to be the 2012 Olympics again, but only in order to provide jobs for the entertainment sector :colbert:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Oodles posted:

I was happy when I saw Frank Turner playing on the mockup of Glastonbury Tor.

"Come ye come ye to soulless corporate circus tops" indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I said a couple of months ago that I have a nephew that has a phobia of illness and vomiting, I got some decent advice from this thread. I had a chat with my brother yesterday and my nephew has been handling this whole crisis pretty well, he's holding it together. Which is some nice news at the moment.