Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

that was just rumours from 1 times journalist

Fair enough. Let's all enjoy this instead:

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comme...sively-1.498669

e: Cat tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jose posted:

that was just rumours from 1 times journalist

do you seriously not think that even if that particular factoid isn't true that Starmer's Labour isn't going to be right wing

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

So without Brexit Farron would have been able to reconcile his "religious beliefs" with his role and stay on as leader? Was it Pounded by the Pound that pushed him over the edge?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Barry Foster posted:

Think that's the difference between us bman

Chucat posted:

When we can't even get Neil Coyle deselected I don't loving care about believing in electoralism anymore.

I know. I'm sorry. It's hard but I do think we can at least make improvements to ourselves through times of difficulty.

I am really appreciative of all the talk we have in this thread.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It doesn't matter whether you believe in electoralism as long as a lot of other people do. Saying you don't believe in it is like saying you don't believe in money.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Working from home is causing extreme time dilation. I can't remember what day of the week it is, and all of a sudden it's loving April

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Wachter posted:

Working from home is causing extreme time dilation. I can't remember what day of the week it is, and all of a sudden it's loving April

My sleeping pattern is completely shot.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Wachter posted:

This is good. Usually I'm really, really paranoid and anxious about time slipping inevitably away from me but this is the one time that I'm like 'yup, delete the next couple of months please'

OwlFancier posted:

It doesn't matter whether you believe in electoralism as long as a lot of other people do. Saying you don't believe in it is like saying you don't believe in money.

This is just semantic quibbling

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 2, 2020

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Angepain posted:

in these trying times some entertainment for you all: i have managed to get possibly the dumbest coronavirus war story, in that i seem to have done in my shoulder, most likely due to inactivity and poor posture while sitting down at the computer. even when i am in pain it is in the lamest way possible. do your stretches, people

My body has decided that now would be the perfect time to try those 'haemmorhoids' we've all heard so much about. Perhaps those who enjoy the sensation of having large, jagged objects shoved up their arseholes would appreciate it but I've found it's not to my taste.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jippa posted:

My sleeping pattern is completely shot.

I recently fell asleep at 10.30am and woke up at 5pm so that was fun

Also I've haven't got dressed properly in weeks

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

No that's not a workable analogy at all. Elections are a cause and outcome of people believing in electoralism, and money has the same relationship to capitalism, maybe. You can easily disbelieve in electoralism and capitalism and it matters, while simultaneously accepting that money and elections happen and are important to the understanding of what is currently construed as society.

For certain values of "belief", and "mattering", but now I'm just sub-ronyaposting

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Unkempt posted:

My body has decided that now would be the perfect time to try those 'haemmorhoids' we've all heard so much about. Perhaps those who enjoy the sensation of having large, jagged objects shoved up their arseholes would appreciate it but I've found it's not to my taste.

oh dear

avoid chairs and instead work from a sofa if possible. good luck!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

If you're losing sense of time passing then try to schedule your trips outdoors in a certain order to maintain a conscious routine - you have your weekly shopping day, following by your walk to the river day then your walk to the motorway day, then your big weekend run day, etc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

No that's not a workable analogy at all. Elections are a cause and outcome of people believing in electoralism, and money has the same relationship to capitalism, maybe. You can easily disbelieve in electoralism and capitalism and it matters, while simultaneously accepting that money and elections happen and are important to the understanding of what is currently construed as society.

For certain values of "belief", and "mattering", but now I'm just sub-ronyaposting

Yes, but your lack of belief in them does not mean you can stop participating in them, because your participation is enforced, you can not op out of the the product of electoralism, your lack of vote is not a protest, it is a tacit acceptance, functionally. The order of society does not permit you to protest or opt out, any more than you can opt out of money.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hemale in pain posted:

my argument is dumb because it's essentially running in circles screaming who hosed who first and doesn't excuse the western world for loving their people too. in general everyone's response to this has been awful apart from maybe south korea?

i think the people in government rn are really demonstrating how ill-equipped they are to deal with crisis. they have never truly run anything of significance, they've always just palmed it all off on lackeys. they have no real skills beyond networking. and now we're in a situation that calls for a bit of strategy and improvisation and they're completely lost. because they can't just sign a stack of papers someone else drew up, and have it be implemented by a bunch of people way down the ladder. they have to be actively visible day to day and accounting for their time. no wonder boris and dom have begged off with the 2 week self-isolation thing. easier than having to do a press briefing every day even to a room full of craven lobby twats. we have cunts at work who've done the same thing and bagged themselves 2 weeks of free holiday, but at least they're not in charge of the country.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Good news, I managed to lift that money out of my account with no hassle at all.

Thanks for everyone's help!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/chortle/status/1245677105788137473

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Barry Foster posted:

This is good. Usually I'm really, really paranoid and anxious about time slipping inevitably away from me but this is the one time that I'm like 'yup, delete the next couple of months please'

Agreed, those of us lucky enough to be on total lockdown may as well mentally speedrun this. It's just disorienting. FF7 coming out tomorrow has blown my tiny mind.

Can anyone recommend a poo poo-hot milhist podcast?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, but your lack of belief in them does not mean you can stop participating in them, because your participation is enforced, you can not op out of the the product of electoralism, your lack of vote is not a protest, it is a tacit acceptance, functionally. The order of society does not permit you to protest or opt out, any more than you can opt out of money.

Ok but that's exactly what I said in my first post so now we're just ronya'ing at each other for no reason

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

ThomasPaine posted:

I recently fell asleep at 10.30am and woke up at 5pm so that was fun

Also I've haven't got dressed properly in weeks

Yesterday I was annoyed that it was Monday and therefore not the weekend anymore. Now it's Thursday.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wachter posted:

Agreed, those of us lucky enough to be on total lockdown may as well mentally speedrun this. It's just disorienting. FF7 coming out tomorrow has blown my tiny mind.

Obvious choice but I enjoy a lot of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast. He is an avowedly amateur historian, but he's engaging and they are long as hell. His series on WW1, Blueprint for Armageddon, is 24h+ so that will help with the soeedrunning

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The whole elections vs. electorialism semiotic debate just makes me think of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kntawlgAonA

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Bobstar posted:

Yesterday I was annoyed that it was Monday and therefore not the weekend anymore. Now it's Thursday.

I genuinely thought this was a funny joke cos it’s Wednesday

gently caress

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

The days go slow, the weeks go fast and the months last forever.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

ThomasPaine posted:

Do these people not realise that China is powerful enough that they could respond to any attempt to strongarm reparations out of them by shrugging and saying 'make us lol', we've come a long way from the 60s

Jfc all he had to do was say cool you're the expert please explain I've obviously misunderstood when he was first cut off, and he wouldn't even have come off that badly. Why the gently caress do these people act like this.

It's ego, op. They all want their big Jeremy Paxmans gotcha moment and live in fear of too many people realising the scale of their ineptitude :/

Satire is impossible.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Aw man.
Have a soft spot for Little and Large as its what I remember sitting down to watch with my parents when I was wee.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

namesake posted:

If you're losing sense of time passing then try to schedule your trips outdoors in a certain order to maintain a conscious routine - you have your weekly shopping day, following by your walk to the river day then your walk to the motorway day, then your big weekend run day, etc.

ALso put on people clothes, every day of the week. Optional at the weekends.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

This one is a mighty shame. A friend of mine was terribly ill growing up, I don't remember what medical issues he had but he was in and out of hospitals his entire life finally succumbing to his illness when he was around 14.

Eddie Large used to go round to my friends house to cheer him up and teach him comedy routines to give him as much laughter in my friends life as he could. He expected nothing from it, he never wanted any publicity about him doing this. He was just happy about bringing a smile to someone. He truely was a great man.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Petition to have the meaning of "Living Large" changed to "being a decent and humble person"

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

thespaceinvader posted:

I resent this extremely sensible advice

Wachter posted:

Nothing at all to do with what you asked, but if you haven't seen it you should watch Project Binky on YouTube. I also envy people who can binge watch it now rather than having it gradually unfold over several years.

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 2, 2020

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
At first I was even a little bit relieved for being furloughed - I viewed it as a much needed break from a physically demanding job - now I'm climbing the walls. It's easy to see how a lot of retired people just fade away unless they keep themselves busy. The goons who said that the days all blur together have got it spot on.

I can't complain too much, there are a lot of people who are going to lose their jobs and their income.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

thespaceinvader posted:

https://twitter.com/Raynerc113/status/1245341659426099202

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Unkempt posted:

Top Tip, wash don't wipe, wiping just irritates them. Its a pain the arse annoying to have to keep hopping in the shower but it reduces the amount of irritation and blood. A bidet attachment (The Bum Gun) is better.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 2, 2020

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
A much better way to keep a hold on time is to go to sleep when you're done being awake, wake when you do, wear clothes if you need them, and eat when you're hungry.

Remove all visible clocks, get rid of any mirrors you may have and let yourself get engrossed in tasks and entertainment alike. Ignore any routines, only do tasks as you find them necessary. Clean up when it's dirty, do laundry when there's enough in the basket.

If it matters it'll assert itself. The rest, eh.

You're but a fart on the wind, gone soon enough.

Never enforce a schedule just because you think that's what you should be doing - figure out what you want to do first, and the days will take shape.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Good news, I managed to lift that money out of my account with no hassle at all.

Thanks for everyone's help!

You're going to be telling everyone that the money was just "resting" in your account for several years, aren't you?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

A much better way to keep a hold on time is to go to sleep when you're done being awake, wake when you do, wear clothes if you need them, and eat when you're hungry.

Remove all visible clocks, get rid of any mirrors you may have and let yourself get engrossed in tasks and entertainment alike. Ignore any routines, only do tasks as you find them necessary. Clean up when it's dirty, do laundry when there's enough in the basket.

If it matters it'll assert itself. The rest, eh.

You're but a fart on the wind, gone soon enough.

Never enforce a schedule just because you think that's what you should be doing - figure out what you want to do first, and the days will take shape.

I mean, different strokes for different folks, but that seems like terrible advice.

username/post combo too.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Gonzo McFee posted:

Keir Starmer will be awful, they're already planning mass purges of the left.

At least that would be evidence of determination and vigour.

I'm expecting him to be more of a weakly vacillating, Ed Milliband figure. (the old Ed, not the new, cool Ed.) Like, he'll be continually nervously triangulating to what he thinks is the acceptable centre of any given policy, only to have the Tories repeatedly outflank him on the populist left, making him look stupid.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Auntie posted:

India launches new Covid-19 blood liable tracking app.

Countdown to ethinic lynchings and pogroms.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'm definitely going to start doing Yoga... next week.

Along with all of the other stuff I'm planning to start doing with my extra time. Oh no, not me, I wont just be aimlessley scrolling the guardian live blog with increasing dread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Blood liable sounds like something a demonic lawyer would invent.