Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Paris is sending the sick away on special trains because the hospitals are swamped

e:
https://twitter.com/ShareenIdu/status/1245386029776977923

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

unpacked robinhood posted:

Paris is sending the sick away on special trains because the hospitals are swamped

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Necropolis_Railway

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
yeah this isn't a fun contest i want to be in first place for...but that's the facts, NYC is getting hosed hard right now

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
'this' close to joining a suicide cult or hibernating for a year

coin flip to choose which one tbh

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

rotinaj posted:

So who are you, that you’re this obsessed with China? All governments are bad, US bad, everything bad, but I was curious why someone would be so obviously believing of Chinese propaganda, and like every post you’ve made in this thread is about how blameless and good the Chinese government is.

Pull back the curtain for a minute. What skin do you have in this game? Be real with your SA friends. Why are you so doggedly trying to cheerlead for China?

You're putting words in my mouth - when did I ever say that all governments are bad? And how is this self submitted video by a Japanese businessman considered propaganda?

I never said anything about how good the Chinese government is but rather that the Western media's attack on China is unwarranted and pretty clear on what their agenda is.

Do I think the CCP suppresses information? Yes. Do I think the CCP has committed and commits human rights violations? Yes. Do I think that the CCP maliciously tried to or even continues to try and cover up the real extent of this virus? No.

That Works posted:

Your hypothesis rests on self submitted youtube videos that are allowed to get beyond the Great Firewall. Meanwhile there are decades of evidence of suppression of information on a huge array of matters of state within China.

Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

Clearly you have never visited or lived in China - let alone have anyone you communicate with there. Do you understand how easy it is to get past the "Great Firewall"?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Busy Bee posted:

You're putting words in my mouth - when did I ever say that all governments are bad? And how is this self submitted video by a Japanese businessman considered propaganda?

I never said anything about how good the Chinese government is but rather that the Western media's attack on China is unwarranted and pretty clear on what their agenda is.

Do I think the CCP suppresses information? Yes. Do I think the CCP has committed and commits human rights violations? Yes. Do I think that the CCP maliciously tried to or even continues to try and cover up the real extent of this virus? No.

Clearly you have never visited or lived in China - let alone have anyone you communicate with there. Do you understand how easy it is to get past the "Great Firewall"?

Why would a genocidal dictatorship based on strong man dear leader have any reason to lie!?

So they’ll murder students in cold blood, genocide a whole ethnicity but by god when it comes to disease they’re Dudley do right

And you know what? What I just posted could apply to either USA or China and even Canada.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Busy Bee posted:

no one that posts on these forums cares about criticism levied against china how they handled this, so you maybe posting on the wrong forums or just have a complete lack of understanding of how much better this could have been OR if it were a different virus how much worse.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Mnoba posted:

no one that posts on these forums cares about criticism levied against china how they handled this, so you maybe posting on the wrong forums or just have a complete lack of understanding of how much better this could have been OR if it were a different virus how much worse.

I would laugh my loving rear end off if the CCP had a CCP spy goon. But yeah, I don't think anyone here is pro xi, what with most of caring about human rights and all. So gently caress his country and whatever sanctions they end slammed with for the initial hiding of it and the total lack of transparency which would have helped save lives

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

zer0spunk posted:

try finding hand soap, tp, paper towels

i wish i bought more hand soap cuz it's rarer then gold now so thats cool

Staples has a couple kinds of hand soap and some brands of paper towels that are still in stock for delivery but the TP has sold out, even the giant single ply public restroom rolls. Not the cheapest stuff but if you're desperate:
https://www.staples.com/coastwide-professional-j-series-antibacterial-foam-hand-soap-citrus-1200-ml-2-carton-cwjsr-cit/product_24394020
https://www.staples.com/Seventh-Generation-Hand-Wash-Free-Clear-12-oz/product_1231136
https://www.staples.com/Preference-2-Ply-Jumbo-Perforated-Roll-Towel-White-250-Sheets-Roll-12-Rolls-Case-27700/product_849343

Likewise there's N95/KN95/PM2.5 masks on aliexpress, gearbest, wish, etc either arriving in a month+ for sorta high prices or in a week for like $3 per. I doubt the sellers are as trustworthy as Staples but it's a thing. I even have a company I bought a couple of electronic components from like four years ago on ebay emailing anyone who bought stuff from them in the US saying they'll sell us masks or include a box of masks with every order of $x or more (you get more masks the more electronic components you buy!)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

bird with big dick posted:

Cheez-Its (technically they had Cheez-Its but none of the regular or spicy or white cheddar or other flavors people actually like, only had Duoz and extra toasty)

I Fear the end is closer than we think

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Rexxed posted:

Staples has a couple kinds of hand soap and some brands of paper towels that are still in stock for delivery but the TP has sold out, even the giant single ply public restroom rolls. Not the cheapest stuff but if you're desperate:
https://www.staples.com/coastwide-professional-j-series-antibacterial-foam-hand-soap-citrus-1200-ml-2-carton-cwjsr-cit/product_24394020
https://www.staples.com/Seventh-Generation-Hand-Wash-Free-Clear-12-oz/product_1231136
https://www.staples.com/Preference-2-Ply-Jumbo-Perforated-Roll-Towel-White-250-Sheets-Roll-12-Rolls-Case-27700/product_849343

Likewise there's N95/KN95/PM2.5 masks on aliexpress, gearbest, wish, etc either arriving in a month+ for sorta high prices or in a week for like $3 per. I doubt the sellers are as trustworthy as Staples but it's a thing. I even have a company I bought a couple of electronic components from like four years ago on ebay emailing anyone who bought stuff from them in the US saying they'll sell us masks or include a box of masks with every order of $x or more (you get more masks the more electronic components you buy!)

i'll check out ebay/ali for the masks

the staples idea worked out and i bought 4 basic rear end small bottles which seemed to be the last of that item so thanks big time. one less thing to try and source. you're a gem

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Dealing with coronavirus stuff at work has me ready to say “gently caress it, I quit” even though with all the layoffs everywhere I know that would be a terrible idea. It’s just constant researching and staying up to date on state and federal guidelines on isolation and quarantines and ill go in for an 8 hour day and be stuck here for 13 hours because I need to screen people coming back from isolation/quarantine. gently caress this is exhausting.

And then in a few weeks I might be going to do safety on some temporary hospital construction projects where the spread is even worse. :shepface:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

zer0spunk posted:

i'll check out ebay/ali for the masks

the staples idea worked out and i bought 4 basic rear end small bottles which seemed to be the last of that item so thanks big time. one less thing to try and source. you're a gem

keep on an eye here too: https://rzmask.com/

as of yesterday I bought half a dozen for my employees to have for their own use, now they seem to be sold out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
FedBux when?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
~~~~plant monsters musings~~~~

Soap has been pretty much impossible to find. I went to a small home hardware store and found one last bottle there, tucked in some random spot.

Trying to slow down my weed intake because some days I'm just glued to the bong. Pretty sure I've managed to burn some holes into my bronchial tubes. Why is it that sometimes my draw is extremely hot and incredibly bitter?

I've been using all this time off to train my budgies. They must now give me kisses if they want treats.

What's up with all the goons itt going to up to bat for China or Trump. Y'all are wack.

a "Life-Hack" for you all. Tired of wiping and wasting precious TP that you could be trading for house and kind? Spare those Squares(tm) with Metamucil(tm) brand psyllium husks (Plantago ovata). One wipe, no mess!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I haven’t seen TP on the shelf in weeks but I find flushable wet wipes pretty regularly. They’re better for the button anyways.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
A wipe is not flushable even if it says so on the package!!!!

toilets are for POOP, PEE, TP, PUKE sometimes and BONES only

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rolo posted:

I haven’t seen TP on the shelf in weeks but I find flushable wet wipes pretty regularly. They’re better for the button anyways.

Flushable wet wipes are not actually flushable, AFAIK.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

try finding hand soap, tp, paper towels

i wish i bought more hand soap cuz it's rarer then gold now so thats cool

We've been buying and squeezing body wash into hand soap containers. There's plenty of body wash out there and it's still soap, so :shrug:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

There Bias Two posted:

Flushable wet wipes are not actually flushable, AFAIK.

Good thing I’ve been throwing them off the balcony.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Rolo posted:

Just don't actually flush them.

google 'fatberg'

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Busy Bee posted:

I sure am not, pal. I’m saying governments are bad and I was trying to head you off from claiming I’m just a US-biased person. Which you claimed anyway. So once again, i’ma ask.

Why do you have such a boner for defending China? What exactly do you get out of doing so? You haven’t posted anything in this thread that isn’t directly related to China. Why are you so fixated on it? Are you living in China? Did you move from China?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

dwarf74 posted:

Just don't actually flush them.

google 'fatberg'

wow weird mirror effect going on here

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Rolo posted:

Good thing I’ve been throwing them off the balcony.

if you unwad them before tossing them, they'll descend majestically, like angels, to the delight of lookers-on and passers-by

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

if you unwad them before tossing them, they'll descend majestically, like angels, to the delight of lookers-on and passers-by

I mean people shouldnt be outside anyway, so it's like a homemade "go inside" attack device

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A wipe is not flushable even if it says so on the package!!!!

toilets are for POOP, PEE, TP, PUKE sometimes and BONES only

:shrug:
its more flushable than the paper towels that were the alternative

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Aw man the guy who wrote Stacy’s Mom is dead of Coronavirus.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

rotinaj posted:

I sure am not, pal. I’m saying governments are bad and I was trying to head you off from claiming I’m just a US-biased person. Which you claimed anyway. So once again, i’ma ask.

Why do you have such a boner for defending China? What exactly do you get out of doing so? You haven’t posted anything in this thread that isn’t directly related to China. Why are you so fixated on it? Are you living in China? Did you move from China?

Saying that China, a despotic regime that is entirely willing to take away the freedom of movement of its citizens and track its citizens, took away the freedom of movement of its citizens and tracked their movements to stop a virus and get back to making money off their labor, can be entirely true and also not a defense of the regime.

I know this is real hard for you to understand, but places that can force their citizens to do just about anything can also force them to quarantine. Funny how that works.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Busy Bee posted:

They hid it for a month and they literally arrested the doctors who tried to warn the public.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't forget that they welded apartment and home entries closed.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Redgrendel2001 posted:

They hid it for a month and they literally arrested the doctors who tried to warn the public.

ding ding ding

and in even less shocking recent news:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says

quote:

China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three U.S. officials.

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret, and they declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China’s public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.

So I guess the question is, what the gently caress is that goon smoking..and how do I get it??

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Kinda wish they did that to some folks here tbh

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thailand is implementing a nationwide curfew from 10pm-4am, breaking it could mean up to 2 years in jail and fines.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1891810/nationwide-night-curfew-starts-friday

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Picnic Princess posted:

Thailand is implementing a nationwide curfew from 10pm-4am, breaking it could mean up to 2 years in jail and fines.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1891810/nationwide-night-curfew-starts-friday

do..they think the virus is just really into nightlife

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I don't understand why CCP tankies aren't banned on sight?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

unpacked robinhood posted:

e:
https://twitter.com/ShareenIdu/status/1245386029776977923

Why does that train have a big red splatter on the front?...do high speed trains pop birds like cars do bugs? :(

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Do you guys think we could re-litigate the Chinese numbers today? It has been at least 6 hours since we last talked about it and there’s a bevy of new information all the time that’ll help us all making convincing, novel arguments.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
As the rise of Mr Trump and Mr. Johnson in UK has proven, authoritarian rule is the way to go. Wrap it up democrailures and stop pretending that it was ever about giving power to the people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

As the rise of Mr Trump and Mr. Johnson in UK has proven, authoritarian rule is the way to go. Wrap it up democrailures and stop pretending that it was ever about giving power to the people

It turns out the less people there are the less you have to share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

blugu64 posted:

Why does that train have a big red splatter on the front?...do high speed trains pop birds like cars do bugs? :(

Yeah but it's cows instead.