Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is going to go down in history as the weirdest Wrestlemania ever. And hopefully the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

what's the point of doing Mania at all

if we don't have wrestlemania then the coronavirus will win

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

coconono posted:

what's the point of doing Mania at all

I mean the best reasoning I've seen is that nobody knows if this will last 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.

WWE wants to try to do something resembling standard operations. I'd love to still have wrestling shows.....but gosh it's not safe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The point of Wrestlemania is they need revenue and they probably think they can just redo it in Saudi in two months for the double down.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And not get paid for it there either

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I think I remember Dave saying last year they considered the Saudi shows more important financially than Wrestlemania, like that was the actual big show now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Big E is in rare form on the New Day Podcast episode posted yesterday

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All that money and dumbass Vince can't buy an island and run a sports entertainment commune for the duration. LMAO

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

El Generico posted:

I thought it was that they were pushing hard for maximizing profit over preventing the rise of competition with all these talent contracts and NXT expansion and the like.

This was a reason speculated on too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Bryan & Vinny Show is back today with tons to talk about in our look back at, no poo poo, the FIRST EPISODE OF THUNDER. We'll explain why we made this horrible decision, then take you through what was, in fact, a terrible and terribly long pro-wrestling program. A fun show as always so check it out~!

It's happening.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oh lord, I remember watching the first episode of Thunder when it was put on the Network a few years ago. I swear that loving show was six days long.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave having a deep think about the logistics of if it is possible for Dana to load up a private plane with enough people for 12 fights in Antarctica :allears:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
does quantas or whatever still do that tourist flight after one of their planes flew into mt. Erebus

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Nah, only ones flying into Antarctica is the usaf

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan sounds so fuckin done with this wrestlemania poo poo

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Seams posted:

Bryan sounds so fuckin done with this wrestlemania poo poo

I mean, can you really blame him? At the start of the year, it looked like with the XFL occupying Vince’s attention, he’d be less focused on the WWE, and we could maybe have a good stretch of shoes leading up to WrestleMania, and while WM isn’t always good, it’s at least a spectacle.

Instead, here we are. It’s a pre-taped show from the Performance Center with no crowd, false advertising, over two nights, and despite being shot already, we still have no idea what matches are showing when. And the actual shows have not been better.

There’s only so long you can watch WWE violently poo poo itself to death before you’re just tired of it all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bryan being completely done with Wrestlemania is competing heavily with Dave being completely done with Dana White right now.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I cannot loving wait for empty arena wrestlemania

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sam Roberts was horrible horrible horrible!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
there are a non-zero amount of WWE fans that think Sam Roberts is a great heel

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Dave burying the gently caress out of Sam Roberts on commentary is a highlight of today's WOR. gently caress Sam.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Dave having a deep think about the logistics of if it is possible for Dana to load up a private plane with enough people for 12 fights in Antarctica :allears:

You know he sure has tried or it's on his list to keep 249 alive

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does quantas or whatever still do that tourist flight after one of their planes flew into mt. Erebus

Qantas never crashed...

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Lid posted:

The Bryan & Vinny Show is back today with tons to talk about in our look back at, no poo poo, the FIRST EPISODE OF THUNDER. We'll explain why we made this horrible decision, then take you through what was, in fact, a terrible and terribly long pro-wrestling program. A fun show as always so check it out~!

It's happening.

Pollock and Wai reviewed the Nash-commentated episode of Thunder years back, and absolutely nothing of interest happened there. Not a thing, to the point where they had segments that led to entirely unrelated matches. I imagine this will be a common pattern throughout the episodes F4W review.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Never let Bryan forget that his BOLD PREDICTION for 2020 was that this would be one of the best Road to Wrestlemanias ever.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
drat, Bryan was finally right about something

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember watching that first episode of Thunder when it dropped on the Network, and yeeted out about halfway through because it was so loving boring. Condolences to anyone who saw it all the way through.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1245880260626771970

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ryan you just got dunked on by Chico Alvarez. Time to hang it up dude, there's no coming back from this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave Meltzer is of the opinion that it is probably unprofessional to wrestle on cocaine :hmmyes:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I watched Thunder every week until WCW folded, not sure if I recall any angles though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Dave Meltzer is of the opinion that it is probably unprofessional to wrestle on cocaine :hmmyes:

Didn't he say something like "there's an unspoken code that you shouldn't wrestle high"?

Pretty sure that's a spoken code, cuz

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Eat My Fuc posted:

I watched Thunder every week until WCW folded, not sure if I recall any angles though.
I remember the time Hollywood Hogan showed up dressed as a cholo. Does that count?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Max Coveri posted:

Pollock and Wai reviewed the Nash-commentated episode of Thunder years back, and absolutely nothing of interest happened there. Not a thing, to the point where they had segments that led to entirely unrelated matches. I imagine this will be a common pattern throughout the episodes F4W review.

A lot happens on the first Thunder, it was trying to be a second flagship show. But it's very bad.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Lex Luger is terrified of skeletons.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't he say something like "there's an unspoken code that you shouldn't wrestle high"?

Pretty sure that's a spoken code, cuz

The golden age of wrestling was everyone wrestling on cocaine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

Lex Luger is terrified of skeletons.

Built up all those muscles to get further away from the skeleton inside him, a tragic story.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheJoshiPod/status/1245925358215430147

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

The_Rob posted:

The golden age of wrestling was everyone wrestling on cocaine.

Ric Flair and Randy Savage and Jake Roberts have gone down as three of the best talkers ever aided entirely on their drug abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
i laughed hard at Alvarez referring to a 630 as a "new move"

it started being used in at least 2003.

He's calling a new move that debuted 17 years ago.