Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nottherealaborn posted:

Is there a limit to the amount of terraforming per day?

Doesn't seem like it. It's also an app on your phone so you don't need extra inventory items.

E: Minor gripes about terraforming though: Putting down paths is kinda slow, and you also can put them under stuff, so you end up with a gap between a path and a building. I assume you can move the building to fix this, but that takes two moves...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

ulvir posted:

Turnip prices are currently 206, and Able Sisters have a space helmet for sale. the hot item is birdhouse. I’ll open up the island for an hour or so while I afk

dodo code: H0BKF (that’s a zero)

Northern hemisphere. I have planted every fruit so you don’t need to donate any, native is oranges. please don’t take or trample any flowers. no tipping needed but if you got some fancy plants or whatever feel free to drop them off, but no real need

Minor note about Dodo codes, and most Nintendo codes in general, when you go to enter them in they have removed the ability to type characters that look similar enough to cause confusion. Meaning, there is only a zero, and not an 'O' character. Similarly, 1, i, and L (I think). So when you send the code to someone, it can only be interpreted the correct way :science:

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

this is heavily weighted on how many villagers your town has, once you get your island full (or nearly full) you should be able to get 3 stars without a lot of additional effort
While this is true and matches my experience, I chopped down like half the trees on my island and the villagers are apparently STILL bitching about there being too many trees in the eval. 🙁

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Gonna open up my gates while I work! Northern hemisphere.

Nooklings are selling a fortune telling kit and a tissue box, the hot item is a Pear Bed.
Able Sisters are selling a Cyber Suit, a captain's hat, school uniforms, thief outfit, a stagehand hat, and other sundries.

My villagers if yall wanna talk to them are: Sprinkle, Marina, Raymond, Lyman, Molly, Phoebe, Rodeo, and Annalise!

My native fruit is a pear.

Dodo Code: 35K0F

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
Island is closed for now. Will probably open back up later this afternoon if anyone needs wallpaper and flooring from Savanah.
Thanks to Asadasa and Jom for pears and bridge donations!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Only thing I'm not sold on in this game is tools breaking. The more I play the more it feels like a really pointless mechanic that just adds a little extra busy work for zero mechanical purpose.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

PantsBandit posted:

Only thing I'm not sold on in this game is tools breaking. The more I play the more it feels like a really pointless mechanic that just adds a little extra busy work for zero mechanical purpose.

Im with you. I was ok with the flimsy ones early on doing it but theres no need for it to happen with the later ones, especially on slingshots and watering cans

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Opening up for a bit...

Puzzle and ironing set in the store
Turnips at 139
Weather is clear and sunny
I have a big apple orchard and you can take more or less what you'd like
There is also an orange grove and you can similarly take what you want there
Donations are appreciated near my house south of the orchard... my wife appreciates clothes!
I'll be afk for the most part

EDIT: CLOSED

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 2, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah. I wouldn't even mind them breaking if the sturdier ones lasted longer. Or make another tier of tool that's still breakable but way sturdier.

Ah well, maybe we'll get DLC that adds unbreakable tools for some exorbitant amount of bells/mats/both?

It's funny, I love this game and just want more and more. I almost regret time traveling. I love that the island has now opened up and everything is available, but I sort of miss those grinds in the background.

Ah well, I've got lots of terraforming and bridges to build.

Edit: speaking of, is there a place people show off their islands and layouts and stuff? I've been looking for inspiration.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I can't believe you only get 1k Miles for having someone move into your town on plots you built. That is a terrible Bells->Miles exchange rate.

Do Nook Miles magically start flowing later in the game or am I going to be micro-grinding miles until the end of time for every little thing I want to unlock 100 at a time?

Mind you, I've blown like 20k miles in the last two days trying to find a rare flower island :(

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Had my KK Slider concert this morning, it felt oddly bittersweet. Credits roll, Tom Nook thanks me for making his dream a reality and then I'm sent off into what all kinda feels like post game. I'm glad everything is finally unlocked and I'm looking forward to getting creative with paths and terraforming, but I'm oddly sad that it seems like outside of "collect everything" there are no more objectives.

I could be wildly wrong, it's my first real AC game so I'm not sure what to expect, and the addition of events and probable DLC leaves me hopeful. That's just the weird first feeling I had. :shrug:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What method do you guys use to AFK? Mabel Sisters have football helmets, black face masks and Chun Li wigs today so we want to open up but I figured the Switch would turn off if no one was moving?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Martytoof posted:

I can't believe you only get 1k Miles for having someone move into your town on plots you built. That is a terrible Bells->Miles exchange rate.

Also bear in mind that the player pays to reserve the land, and the villager pays Nook for the house. Nook conveniently forgets to reimburse you for your contribution.

Nook miles are a shameful scam.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

^burtle posted:

What method do you guys use to AFK? Mabel Sisters have football helmets, black face masks and Chun Li wigs today so we want to open up but I figured the Switch would turn off if no one was moving?

Go into your switch settings and change the sleep time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grundma posted:

Im with you. I was ok with the flimsy ones early on doing it but theres no need for it to happen with the later ones, especially on slingshots and watering cans

I would be fine with it if eventually the gold ones never broke, but apparently they can

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ulvir posted:

Turnip prices are currently 206, and Able Sisters have a space helmet for sale. the hot item is birdhouse. I’ll open up the island for an hour or so while I afk

dodo code: H0BKF (that’s a zero)

Northern hemisphere. I have planted every fruit so you don’t need to donate any, native is oranges. please don’t take or trample any flowers. no tipping needed but if you got some fancy plants or whatever feel free to drop them off, but no real need

and closing now, thanks to those who came by :)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

Do Nook Miles magically start flowing later in the game or am I going to be micro-grinding miles until the end of time for every little thing I want to unlock 100 at a time?

Mind you, I've blown like 20k miles in the last two days trying to find a rare flower island :(

You get:

300 per day for visiting the Nook Terminal for 7+ days in a row.
750 per day for doing the 5x task (could be more? I haven't seen one over 150x5 I don't think)
1350ish or more for doing the other Nook Miles+ tasks with multipliers

And then the incidental Nook Miles+ rewards you'll get for doing random things without even trying. About once a day I get a random 300-1000 bonus because I didn't realize I popped 100 balloons or dug up 50 clams. It's like 3000 miles per day pretty effortlessly, but after that it's micromanaging the Nook Miles stuff or forcing yourself to work towards a big goal like writing twenty letters to villagers or whatever. I've been trying to find the perfect final villager, but it's eating up my miles and I want some of those fancy decorations for a better island rating! :capitalism:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

You get:

300 per day for visiting the Nook Terminal for 7+ days in a row.
750 per day for doing the 5x task (could be more? I haven't seen one over 150x5 I don't think)
1350ish or more for doing the other Nook Miles+ tasks with multipliers

And then the incidental Nook Miles+ rewards you'll get for doing random things without even trying. About once a day I get a random 300-1000 bonus because I didn't realize I popped 100 balloons or dug up 50 clams. It's like 3000 miles per day pretty effortlessly, but after that it's micromanaging the Nook Miles stuff or forcing yourself to work towards a big goal like writing twenty letters to villagers or whatever. I've been trying to find the perfect final villager, but it's eating up my miles and I want some of those fancy decorations for a better island rating! :capitalism:

there's a 200x5 task too

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PantsBandit posted:

a really pointless mechanic that just adds a little extra busy work for zero mechanical purpose.

That's item durability!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

stev posted:

Also bear in mind that the player pays to reserve the land, and the villager pays Nook for the house. Nook conveniently forgets to reimburse you for your contribution.

Nook miles are a shameful scam.

That's what I'm saying -- my exchange rate was 10,000 bells for 1,000 NM :P

Shameful. Shameful.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Akarshi posted:

Gonna open up my gates while I work! Northern hemisphere.

Nooklings are selling a fortune telling kit and a tissue box, the hot item is a Pear Bed.
Able Sisters are selling a Cyber Suit, a captain's hat, school uniforms, thief outfit, a stagehand hat, and other sundries.

My villagers if yall wanna talk to them are: Sprinkle, Marina, Raymond, Lyman, Molly, Phoebe, Rodeo, and Annalise!

My native fruit is a pear.

Dodo Code: 35K0F

I brought you some apples and cherries but it looks like you're good!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Are you supposed to get a 5x task every day? I got a few at first but haven't had anything other than 2x the last couple of days.

Macaluso posted:

That's item durability!

Eh, I feel item durability can make thematic and/or mechanical sense. It's just in AC it has neither, it's just...there. Maybe the idea was that it forces you to engage with the DIY table regularly?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hobo Clown posted:

Had my KK Slider concert this morning, it felt oddly bittersweet. Credits roll, Tom Nook thanks me for making his dream a reality and then I'm sent off into what all kinda feels like post game. I'm glad everything is finally unlocked and I'm looking forward to getting creative with paths and terraforming, but I'm oddly sad that it seems like outside of "collect everything" there are no more objectives.

I could be wildly wrong, it's my first real AC game so I'm not sure what to expect, and the addition of events and probable DLC leaves me hopeful. That's just the weird first feeling I had. :shrug:

You've essentially reached the beginning of most animal crossing games, as lbeit probably with a bigger house and now godlike landscaping abilities

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I would be fine with it if eventually the gold ones never broke, but apparently they can

What!?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Hobo Clown posted:

There's always more to do! Earth Day is coming, and the datamines have revealed a potential museum shop/cafe and gyroids so we know there's DLC coming. There will be a lot more to do than waiting for the season to change so you can collect more stuff, but there isn't much more story stuff for now unless you're really into the Bunny Day stuff.

PantsBandit posted:

Are you supposed to get a 5x task every day? I got a few at first but haven't had anything other than 2x the last couple of days.

Eh, I feel item durability can make thematic and/or mechanical sense. It's just in AC it has neither, it's just...there. Maybe the idea was that it forces you to engage with the DIY table regularly?

I'm building a bunch of tools and putting them in storage so I don't have to deal with the DIY table too often. It sucks that the requirements to getting golden tools are so steep. Collect one of every fish/bug for a rod/net, respectively - by the time that happens, I won't care about golden versions of those tools. At least the axe is reasonable.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can customise your tools to be yellow and pretend you're a master fisherman/bug girl

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

The Able sisters not showing up is starting to figuratively break me. Mabel showed up like a week ago, set up shop outside (and I definitely bought at least 5k from her) but then she left and has been MIA for the past 4 days or so. Is it possible that either ongoing construction projects or the ongoing stupid Easter event is somehow delaying them wanting to set up shop?

The easter event doesn't interfere, I got mabel in town today and it was the 3rd time so I got the shop. I think you just have to be patient.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LifeLynx posted:

There's always more to do! Earth Day is coming, and the datamines have revealed a potential museum shop/cafe and gyroids so we know there's DLC coming. There will be a lot more to do than waiting for the season to change so you can collect more stuff, but there isn't much more story stuff for now unless you're really into the Bunny Day stuff.

I REALLY hope the Cafe comes. I don't remember if coffee really did anything, but when I had New Leaf I always came in and got a cup of coffee because it literally made me in real life feel more relaxed

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Animal Crossing really should have an option where you can basically end the game... tell Nook you're moving and have a little farewell. Your save is deleted but your town gets added to the Nook Miles islands.

It's just kind of sad knowing that the end of Animal Crossing is always slowly petering off of it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

I REALLY hope the Cafe comes. I don't remember if coffee really did anything, but when I had New Leaf I always came in and got a cup of coffee because it literally made me in real life feel more relaxed
extremely :same:

probably my favorite thing

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I saw water eggs and sky eggs in my dreams

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I feel like my butterfly spawn rates have gone to heck in April. Peacock butterflies are still a thing but I'm getting them at only a fraction of what I remember. My butterfly based economy is going into recession! How can I afford my lavish lifestyle now?

I don't need this to mimic 2020 right now :P

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well I was wondering when I'd take a week-long break and get that bed head hairstyle and it looks like Zipper is here to make me do it now

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Leaving Deep Sea 9 open again while I get some work done this morning, feel free to stop by to buy or sell stuff while I'm mostly afk.
Turnips 141, hot item is the terrarium, and there's a kappa suit + quite a few colorful track suits and jackets at the Able shop.
Dodo code MSQHL

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Copying my post from discord:

Since this easter egg hunt kinda sucks so far, I decided to setup my own lovely event! Nothing fancy though. I've scattered 15 presents across the island. You won't need any tools to reach them. They contain mostly clothing from my shop. If you find something you're not keen on, please leave it near the airport or trade if you want. I only ask that people only grab and open one present each. I'll be AFK, so enjoy the island!

82CRM

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Today is my wife’s birthday and since we cannot have a real party, we were hoping to invite people to come party on our island.

All fruit is available although randomly placed. The sisters have Cat Noses available. No idea on turnip prices since it’s about to change.

Her (Jojo) house is to the west with the Black roof.

Dodo code :siren: BSLJ4 :siren:

Thank you!

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 2, 2020

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Disappointed to find the patch didn't destroy Bunny Day. So what did it do?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I've kinda given up for now, the eggs are just incredibly obnoxious. I'm trying to fish and I get eggs like half the time. I hope a patch tweaks the numbers on this stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I did the K.K. Slider concert I hadn't heard the 5AM track yet (or just didn't remember it) so when Tom was giving me my app and thanking me with a tanuki tear in his eye to 5AM I got a little misty eyed because I thought it was some heartfelt epilogue song :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzmWCSPCHFE

Just listen to this thing.

Also having a soft laugh, now that more and more people are getting the tools you can learn how truly unspecial my island is :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fissurefury
May 27, 2007

The results of these precious, meaty fingers.

Martytoof posted:

I feel like my butterfly spawn rates have gone to heck in April. Peacock butterflies are still a thing but I'm getting them at only a fraction of what I remember. My butterfly based economy is going into recession! How can I afford my lavish lifestyle now?

I don't need this to mimic 2020 right now :P

There's seems to be a lot more insect variety and spawn locations that choked out my Peacock Butterfly farming. I'm wondering if catching them at night will boost the odds of getting them. At least another butterfly worth the same amount started popping up.

I had flick the other day but it rained so much my butterflies were gone most of the day.