Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

But the other map is “vs normal”, not based on absolute numbers.

i failed to notice that, and will reconsider whether the food desert map is appropriate in response. i'm still loving tired of the bullshit wherein "south" is used as gloss for "white conservative".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

InediblePenguin posted:

the regressive heel-digging done by conservatives is definitely an issue but please consider the confounding factors (and remember that not everyone in the south is a white conservative who is doing this on purpose for conservative political reasons)

writing off the entire south and every single human being within it as unsalvagable and not worth caring about because of the actions of political leaders is the same poo poo my former bosses are doing wanting to kill new york city for being liberals who are only getting sick to undermine trump lmao

That map just makes West Virginia so much more impressive

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/1245688108290584580

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

yeah and it's almost as if the rural areas ALSO have higher rates of poverty and stuff which would make them less able to just gently caress off and stay home. it's weird, i'm starting to wonder if maybe there are a lot of social and political factors in play that AREN'T "everyone in the south is a stupid white republican who is doing this on purpose to be stupid, just like they always do because the south and everyone who lives there is inherently irredeemable"

Everyone being stupid white and republican is why there’s the social and political factors at play in the first place

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Yet there are far fewer cases in those red areas. Why? Those red areas are more rural districts with a lower population density. The lockdown doesn't have to be as strict in those areas. New York was hit hardest because the population density is so high.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

can you explain this some more please? i'm not understanding your intended implications.

He considers you some sort of exotic pet to parade around, at least that's what I think when I see that phrase.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Everyone being stupid white and republican is why there’s the social and political factors at play in the first place
are you a loving idiot? lmao you really think there aren't disenfranchised POC in the south, everyone is white republicans. okay

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

are you a loving idiot? lmao you really think there aren't disenfranchised POC in the south, everyone is white republicans. okay

Who disenfranchised then?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

InediblePenguin posted:

can you explain this some more please? i'm not understanding your intended implications.

I get pissed off with the same elitist shitbaggery from west coast and east urban area dipshits that you do, only I don't ask please please don't judge us all with the same brush with the same pleading of an abused partner

InediblePenguin posted:

Noblesse Obliged posted:

like that, totally accepted and cool and good

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

InediblePenguin posted:

If people are disenfranchised then they are inherently not at fault for the social and political issues in the location, at least when it comes to most political issues. So maybe rephrase your terminology.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Good username/post combo.

InediblePenguin posted:

If the white republicans would punch up instead of down they could enact real change and make everyone better off but gotta have someone to look down on.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

ok

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
#Notallsoutherners

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Telsa Cola posted:

If people are disenfranchised then they are inherently not at fault for the social and political issues in the location, at least when it comes to most political issues. So maybe rephrase your terminology.
my whole point is that "the south" is not at fault for it, the people in charge are, and there is a constant tendency to erase the existence of people other than the people in charge when discussing these issues because everybody is so fond of using "the south" as a gloss for "the racist political conditions inflicted by the white ruling class of america, which has disproportionate effects in areas that are more black than white". but clearly i am failing to communicate effectively, and will now exit the discussion.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
great, thanks

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
Do the travel map vs red/blue voting habits

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

We passed 50,000 deaths before we hit a million reported cases.

Just, y'know, in case you had like a prop bet on it or something, or if you wanted a break from arguing about exactly how bad we are in the South

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

26 hours to 900,000

e: also apparently that's the limit to nested quotes

Just like that we're at a million in just about 24 hours.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Bronze Fonz posted:

Remember that time yesterday when the US just outright paid cash for a planeload of masks that were destined to France?
Today, a shipment of 10,000 masks that had just arrived in Quebec got "mysteriously" re-routed to Ohio by DHL.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2020/04/03/des-masques-pour-le-quebec-detournes

This is like the grown-up version of fighting over TP.
Also loving stop doing that.

Yeah like America, this is a good way to hasten your demise. Buy your own loving masks jfc

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm still thinkin bout cheese

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just like that we're at a million in just about 24 hours.

It's going to keep getting progressively higher, faster for the foreseeable future

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Earwicker posted:

the ccp most definitely has a "spy goon" (more like a propaganda goon) but i haven't seen them or any of their parachutes post in this thread and i think those kind of accusations are a bad direction to go down

It’s me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Reminds me of that goon who got fired because he couldn’t stop eating cheese

Also me

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Gianthogweed posted:

Yet there are far fewer cases in those red areas. Why? Those red areas are more rural districts with a lower population density. The lockdown doesn't have to be as strict in those areas. New York was hit hardest because the population density is so high.

Oh yeah also maybe they arent testing there?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm calling a million confirmed cases by Sunday.

Life comes at ya fast.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Life comes at ya fast.

I was just thinking about this post

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pick posted:

I was just thinking about this post

Still technically correct.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you americans youre all the same

always overdressing for the wrong occasions

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Big Beef City posted:

It's going to keep getting progressively higher, faster for the foreseeable future
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, Numbers!

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I'm still thinkin bout cheese

Me too, friend.

Gonna get a big ol' brick on our grocery run today.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I would like to extend my sincere apology to all southerners ive offended and hope to someday break wind with you after eating some excellent cheese

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I would like to extend my sincere apology to all southerners ive offended and hope to someday break wind with you after eating some excellent cheese

*mows half the lawn then sets the other half on fire while throwing beer cans at people walking by gagging from the smoke when a bunch of plastic bottles start burning too*

I accept

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

thatguy posted:

*mows half the lawn then sets the other half on fire while throwing beer cans at people walking by gagging from the smoke when a bunch of plastic bottles start burning too*

I accept

I want to burn my lawn this time of year too.

God it’s just dog poo poo and depression everywhere now that the snow finally left

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I want to burn my lawn this time of year too.

God it’s just dog poo poo and depression everywhere now that the snow finally left

i just found a used condom in my yard picking up trash and sticks, i'm just gonna leave it there for awhile

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1245782619075330050

uhh what he's not even that attractive

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I guess people are getting masks from friends and family because they're all being routed to hospitals and such. There are no commercial venues for people to get them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think I’ve got like 8 pounds of Tillamook right now god bless Costco

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Fauci Fucks

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

I think I’ve got like 8 pounds of Tillamook right now god bless Costco

i'm off my keto due to this craziness, i'd probably one shot a tub of rocky road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lmao I posted this yesterday

https://twitter.com/Louisgodd/status/1245351106579845121