Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Can these fat fucks (and especially fat orange fucks) just stroke out already Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I expected another mini-sell-off on Wall Street amid fears of a cocaine shortage.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

UPMC just announced they successfully developed a vaccine for 'rona in mice.

Trump will claim he invented and it'll be repeated until it's true

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

It says "unless their is imminent danger to the EMT", so as long as the family threatens to hurt them the EMT can bring them to the hospital for treatment. I don't foresee this system being abused in any way.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Can these fat fucks (and especially fat orange fucks) just stroke out already Jesus christ

This is them trying to get a political win and change the subject from the fact that they are causing thousands, and soon to be hundreds of thousands of deaths. As bullshit as it is, they are trying their best to change the narrative since “I always took it seriously,” and “The impeachment got in the way” didn’t work as well as they hoped. Now for wag to dog part two.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chichevache posted:

It says "unless their is imminent danger to the EMT", so as long as the family threatens to hurt them the EMT can bring them to the hospital for treatment. I don't foresee this system being abused in any way.

The “treatment” is the attending at the ER calling a time of death

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1245513303457181697

I realize this is a drop in the ocean for all the other incredibly stupid evil poo poo he does but this is just :discourse:

EDIT:

Oh and here's this.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245572981834706950

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I knew he wouldn't be able to resist golf much longer

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That loving golf course is like 2 miles from my house.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Here is my newest Current Event:

The city of Laredo has passed an ordinance that fines you $1,000 for NOT covering your mouth and nose in public.

Now I need to think about masks before my town does the same thing.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

ASAPI posted:

The city of Laredo has passed an ordinance that fines you $1,000 for NOT covering your mouth and nose in public.

I bought something like this last year to make walking Kedah a possibility in peak pollen season. Dont think theyll really work with protecting against covid but is better than nothing and beats the fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085T41QRY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_MIIHEb0EHD98X

Theyve been bought up pretty hard since this started. Thankfully you can still get the replacement files relatively easy. Just bought a30 pack last week for like 20 bucks to help with this year's pollen

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Stravag posted:

I bought something like this last year to make walking Kedah a possibility in peak pollen season. Dont think theyll really work with protecting against covid but is better than nothing and beats the fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085T41QRY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_MIIHEb0EHD98X

Theyve been bought up pretty hard since this started. Thankfully you can still get the replacement files relatively easy. Just bought a30 pack last week for like 20 bucks to help with this year's pollen

Yeah, my problem is everything I'm finding has a delivery time of around the end of April. Looks like I have to dig out the old gator, neck...

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I will only wear a face mask that looks like one of the ones the ninjas in Mortal Kombat wear.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i ordered a lovely one off of instagram around valentines day bc why not

glad i actually got it but yeah its cloth so w/e, i was high and it paid off

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Would a shemagh work?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNVeakBFqw

new jon bois

posting it here bc its the best news all day

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new jon bois

Oh this just made my day, thank you for posting this.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

SimonCat posted:

Would a shemagh work?

Y'all Qaeda was wearing a bunch of these at the gun rally in Richmond earlier this year and nobody got arrested except an anti-gun activist

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new jon bois

Thanks for this.

jesus christ.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

lol in SC it's illegal to wear masks in public and there's no medical exemption

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

shame on an IGA posted:

Might be a reason for no masks in the South.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh unquestionably, the very next line is about flaming crosses

quote:

ARTICLE 3

Offenses Tending to Breach of Peace

SECTION 16-7-110. Wearing masks and the like.

No person over sixteen years of age shall appear or enter upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, public way or highway of this State or upon the public property of the State or of any municipality or county in this State while wearing a mask or other device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person demand entrance or admission to or enter upon the premises or into the enclosure or house of any other person while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person, while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity, participate in any meeting or demonstration upon the private property of another unless he shall have first obtained the written permission of the owner and the occupant of such property.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-114; 1952 Code Section 16-114; 1951 (47) 132.

SECTION 16-7-120. Placing burning or flaming cross in public place.

It shall be unlawful for any person to place or to cause to be placed in a public place in the State a burning or flaming cross or any manner of exhibit in which a burning or flaming cross, real or simulated, is the whole or a part or to place or cause to be placed on the property of another in the State a burning or flaming cross or any manner of exhibit in which a burning or flaming cross, real or simulated, is the whole or a part, without first obtaining written permission of the owner or occupier of the premises so to do.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-116; 1952 Code Section 16-116; 1951 (47) 132.

SECTION 16-7-130. Exceptions to Sections 16-7-110 and 16-7-120.

The provisions of Sections 16-7-110 and 16-7-120 shall not affect the following:

(1) Any person wearing traditional holiday costume;

(2) Any person engaged in a trade or employment in which a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer or because of the nature of the occupation, trade or profession;

(3) Any person using a mask in a theatrical production or masquerade ball; or

(4) Any person wearing a gas mask prescribed in a civil defense drill or exercise or in an emergency.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-115; 1952 Code Section 16-115; 1951 (47) 132.

of course that seems to leave an opening for anyone wearing a dust mask while doing paid landscaping to burn all the crosses they want...

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 2, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Does it define “gas mask” or “emergency”?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

jesus christ.

Crosspost from healthcare thread:

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not sure what your background is (so forgive me if you know this already) but usually EMS resus discontinuation protocols require medical arrests be transported if they’re in public view, even if discontinuation is indicated. This is just a suspension of this bit.

PD is usually responsible for bodies in private homes and this just extends it to public places.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Huh. To avoid traumatizing spectators, or because they don't want to wait around for the police to show up to pick up a corpse?

LeeMajors posted:

Nah, has nothing to do with cops—they are responding to every cardiac arrest regardless of etiology.

It’s generally about preserving modesty of the dead and medical arrests are generally unlikely to require investigation. Traffic deaths, GSWs and other traumatic causes are generally left in place unless there is a medical need to transport.

So this one appears to be more of the streamlining type of action, rather than allowing people to outright die if the paramedics can't fix it on-site. It might get there soon, but not yet!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

Crosspost from healthcare thread:

So this one appears to be more of the streamlining type of action, rather than allowing people to outright die if the paramedics can't fix it on-site. It might get there soon, but not yet!

Fair enough, but still a telling policy given the whole "portable walk-in corpse freezers" thing going on.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Could mosquitos spread the virus? I know we're all supposed to shelter at home, but it's getting around the time those little blood suckers come back.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My wonderful wife made a guess who tiger king game.
https://twitter.com/emily_the_gray/status/1245791706785538048?s=19

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

That owns.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

excellent

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

:golfclap:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Leavemywife posted:

Could mosquitos spread the virus? I know we're all supposed to shelter at home, but it's getting around the time those little blood suckers come back.

Good question.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao the GA governor claims that he just found out in the last 24 hours that they found out that COVID can spread through close contact.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

orange juche posted:

Lmao the GA governor claims that he just found out in the last 24 hours that they found out that COVID can spread through close contact.

Link?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/sgtjanedoe/status/1245805277208891392?s=20

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/fact-check-georgia-gov-brian-kemp-coronavirus-no-symptoms-stay-at-home/index.html

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Meanwhile in Vegas, gently caress your unions:

quote:

The union representing health care workers at University Medical Center and a variety of public sector workers says Clark County manager Yolanda King has unilaterally suspended contracts for all bargaining units.

The action also suspends contracts with Clark County firefighters, according to county spokesman Erik Pappa.

“We are thankful for our employees’ selfless dedication to public service and appreciate all that they do. But current emergency conditions require that we suspend all collective bargaining agreements to allow us to more quickly change employees’ schedules and take other steps to make us all safer while providing critical services to our community,” Pappa said in a statement to the Current. “This was one of many necessary measures that we have used to make the County more responsive during this extraordinary time.”

The Declaration of Emergency notes that it “seeks to assist the County, its agencies, employees and residents to stabilize and more efficiently respond to emerging conditions related to response and recovery to the COVID-19-related issues.” The Declaration says “that certain administrative functions require flexibility in staffing levels and assignments normally addressed in collective bargaining agreements and merit personnel systems.”

“Ms. King’s decision to strip away collective bargaining agreements for thousands of workers is dangerous and reactive,” SEIU Executive Director Grace Vergara-Mactal said in a news release. “With Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) shortages in Nevada and across the country, our frontline heroes now must contend with doing their jobs safely, while also fearing for their livelihood.”

Union official Brian O. Shepherd says King acted without the authorization of Clark County Commissioners.

“The county claims it was the governor’s declaration of emergency,” Commissioner Tick Segerblom said. “Maintaining employee morale is vital during this crisis. Employees must be treated fairly and honestly.”

“This decision is unacceptable – a betrayal and blatant attack against frontline healthcare and public workers,” Vergara-Mactal said. “SEIU Local 1107 members will not stand on the sidelines. We demand that the Clark County Board of Commissioners take immediate action and reverse this attack on working families.”

Clark County spokesman Erik Pappa did not respond to a request for comment on the suspension but asked for a copy of the union’s press release.

Pappa did not say whether the county can or intends to suspend contracts with Clark County firefighters or Las Vegas Metropolitan Police.

“The employer can insist that we work in unsafe working conditions and out of fear of the inability to take care of our workers, we are put at risk along with the safety of our patients,” longtime UMC nurse Mike Collins said in a statement to the Current.

In addition to UMC, SEIU represents public sector workers throughout Clark County government — the Southern Nevada Health District; the Water Reclamation District; the District Attorney, Public Defender and courts; McCarran International Airport; Department of Family Services; Regional Transportation Commission; the Southern Nevada Housing Authority; and Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.

SEIU’s contracts spell out pay and benefits and protect employees from being fired without cause. Employees in Nevada can be terminated at-will.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thanks.

Jfc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I see pretty much no way the US doesn't exit this fiasco in any way far worse off than we entered it. And I mean deaths and permanent disabilities notwithstanding. We might end up with fewer worker rights than when we entered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

I see pretty much no way the US doesn't exit this fiasco in any way far worse off than we entered it. And I mean deaths and permanent disabilities notwithstanding. We might end up with fewer worker rights than when we entered.

The EPA has already been turned off so welp.