Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I wasn't even having a existential crisis

what does this even feel like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I couldn't imagine the innocence of not questioning life at every moment

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Code Jockey posted:

what does this even feel like

Like a possum that scream at own rear end

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

wasn't even having a existential crisis.

can you teach me how to do this

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

One: Sleep is the best way to save money
Two: Money is the best way to have sex
Three: Sex is the best way to feel nothing
Four: Nothing happens if you're asleep

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

okay but how the gently caress

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm doing the tried and true method of only getting 4 hours of sleep last night. I am extremely tired right now.

My other trick is to get fukin drunk as poo poo

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

look im not a therapist here ok!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Eh! Frank posted:

In one of those moods again where I just don't feel like going to bed. I'm not doing anything productive or even fun, and I'm getting sleepy, but I just don't feel like going to sleep yet for whatever reason. Kinda hate it.

This is me right now, drat

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
I quit alcohol 4 months ago. Now on day 4 of being caffeine free. Sleep has dramatically improved. I wake up at 7AM everyday to telework. I seem to get tired and fall asleep around 10PM naturally.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Howard Phillips posted:

I quit alcohol 4 months ago. Now on day 4 of being caffeine free. Sleep has dramatically improved. I wake up at 7AM everyday to telework. I seem to get tired and fall asleep around 10PM naturally.

well laaaaaaaaa-dee-daaaaaaaaaa

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Howard Phillips posted:

I'm sorry :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Howard Phillips posted:

sounds like hell. goondolences

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

precision posted:

sounds like hell. goondolences

Thx. I'm not bragging. I had to quit alcohol because of horrible withdrawal symptoms even from mild drinking. As I've gotten older my body's sensitivity to all stimulants, including caffeine, has gotten worse. I haven't slept well in decades. Hopefully this bout of regular sleep will last. I don't wish this on anyone.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Howard Phillips posted:

Thx. I'm not bragging. I had to quit alcohol because of horrible withdrawal symptoms even from mild drinking. As I've gotten older my body's sensitivity to all stimulants, including caffeine, has gotten worse. I haven't slept well in decades. Hopefully this bout of regular sleep will last. I don't wish this on anyone.

I quit drinking three years ago and my sleep instantly improved and has stayed great since. Like yourself I hadn't slept well in years so this was a real wake-up call (ha!) to what I'd been missing. Sobriety's the best decision I ever made!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
uh oh here I go starting to reflect on the world again lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've not "quit drinking" but I just never feel like drinking anymore. In my 20s and most of my 30s I drank at least a sixer a night or the equivalent, now I just smoke more weed. I sleep less but better, usually 6 or 7 hours until my prostate wakes me up

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Howard Phillips posted:

Jesus Christ. I’m sorry about your sleep quality, it really can determine your fate 😔

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I did something stupid and drank too much redbull and now I am just frustrated about my work, about the fact they don't pay me enough to do this poo poo.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

central dogma posted:

Why am I having sleep paralysis?

What's with these auditory hallucinations?

Sorry for the double post but do you snore loudly? If so you might have sleep apnea which resulted(at least for me) waking up but my body is still asleep and having hallucination/micro sleep during the day. Sometime I would wake up with my arm up. Also I would go to the bathroom 3-4 time a night. Now I go once(during the night) every 2-3 days. I have a CPAP machine to help me sleep well.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 5, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

uh oh here I go starting to reflect on the world again lol

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Boyfriend screamin in his sleep again. I was already up anyway though. Hello nite crew

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
going to go to bed now, don't really want to, but oh well

wonder if the covid will get me tomorrow

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dixville posted:

Boyfriend screamin in his sleep again. I was already up anyway though. Hello nite crew

Scream with him. Its the only way

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Code Jockey posted:

going to go to bed now, don't really want to, but oh well

wonder if the covid will get me tomorrow

Takes 2 weeks to find out anyway! Unless you already have it?!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You know in RPGs "you can't rest, monsters are close".

Think about that tomorrow when you wake up a 3am.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Scream with him. Its the only way

He stopped but maybe next time!!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Why the gently caress did I wake up at 19:00? I haven't even been up 12 hours yet.
gently caress I am almost out of weed.
Meatwad hosed over Shake in that episode drat.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Woke up at 3. Browsed forum for 35 minutes. Thought: ugh, do I really have to go to the bathroom now...

precision posted:

Zoloft worked wonder for me! :waycool:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Imagine how much worse the patriarchy would be if men weren't grossly incompetent as a whole

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Note to self; don't wake up at 1pm anymore

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Couldn't sleep last night in what seems like a trend at this point. I need drugs or something.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Jfc why am I awake right now, I want to be asleep I have work in the morning. I had a strong margarita after dinner I should sleeping like I’m dead

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just one more golf story quest

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Sitting here for another 5 mins, finishing a beer waiting for the shift to end.

Things could be worse.

:unsmith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Takes 2 weeks to find out anyway! Unless you already have it?!

every morning when I wake up with a slight sore throat or maybe a little lethargic I think gently caress today is the day, I am ready lol

but no I'm good and I haven't been around people who are not my wife in like three weeks now though she has a bunch of dumbfuck coworkers who are doing risky things then coming into the loving office because their manager is an idiot who won't order everyone to work remote

since it's 3am to 6am in the eastern states and I am having thoughts (in the western ones): should go to bed since I have meetings tomorrow, but I know I'm going to lay down and read JoJo for another hour+ anyway

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

guess ill see if my partner wants to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackgreywhite
Apr 7, 2019

and pink.
Suddenly wide awake at 03:50. I could try (and probably fail) to get back to sleep. Or I could get up, workout, shower, breakfast etc and then wait until the supermarket opens at 07:00 and do my shopping. Yeah, that sounds good and won't mess with my routine at all.