Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tsietisin posted:

I'm thought that when I saw that picture that it was this quiz.

I love Mars Banana Hammock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Cypress Hill? Googling images of cypresses hasn't really helped confirm.

That'll be it!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm a big fan of Henry Rollins (not the spoken word stuff which I confess I have never listened to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

I dedicated this to all my female friends who were getting suckered by guys after visas. I wasn't popular LOL

Rollins' spoken word stuff can be very good. I've gone off him a bit since hearing how he ripped off a friends band though, bit too much capitalism in him these days, sadly.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 2, 2020

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

zentigeist posted:

Lads I've just lost my sense of taste with the rona to the point where I can just drink spirits without tasting them.

hosed up.

Quick, use this to give your liver a liquid punching they'll never forget!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Cypress Hill? Googling images of cypresses hasn't really helped confirm.

They could pass for cypresses.

You could claim The Animals for the collective on show as well I suppose.

[edit] I can't see any super furry animals.

Munin fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 2, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm a big fan of Henry Rollins (not the spoken word stuff which I confess I have never listened to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

I dedicated this to all my female friends who were getting suckered by guys after visas. I wasn't popular LOL

His spoken-word stuff is pretty good, especially the stuff that's a bit more stand-up-ish (some of the poetry gets really loving overwrought) - some of the tales of early Black Flag (and why he's such a big meathead, at least physically) are absolutely amazing.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

His spoken-word stuff is pretty good, especially the stuff that's a bit more stand-up-ish (some of the poetry gets really loving overwrought) - some of the tales of early Black Flag (and why he's such a big meathead, at least physically) are absolutely amazing.

I remember watching Sons of Anarchy and he popped up as a fascist police person. I'm sat there thinking 'that looks like Henry Rollins' and it was.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Rollins' story of getting upstaged by Iggy Pop (at a festival in Holland iirc) after trying really hard not to be, is loving hilarious.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I remember watching Sons of Anarchy and he popped up as a fascist police person. I'm sat there thinking 'that looks like Henry Rollins' and it was.

He's a cop in almost every appearance on telly, which is pretty funny. TBF if you had no context and just a picture of him you'd assume he'd be about to tell you exactly who should be allowed to use what toilets, completely unprompted.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
'ks sake, I saw 110+ new posts and thought the Queen had died and JRM announced himself Lord President in the interim and ordered coronavirus put in the water, but it's that music picture from the mid-00s.

I remember when that went round, I think the trick is that some of the things you see are doing double duty, like the Scissor Sisters are also Pink.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's a cop in almost every appearance on telly, which is pretty funny. TBF if you had no context and just a picture of him you'd assume he'd be about to tell you exactly who should be allowed to use what toilets, completely unprompted.

not in my favourite of his cameos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-QEHhN5lBM

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Peas and runner beans give you the best bang for your buck, in terms of just how much better they are fresh from the garden compared to shop-bought, IMO. They're like a completely different food. When I was a kid we used to grow peas in the back garden and I don't think any of them ever made it onto a plate, we'd just eat them straight off the plant.

Cucumbers are good because you can grow proper pickling cucumbers like what the Americans have instead of being restricted to 'English' ones which are all we get here but are slightly luxury there. Also I got like half a dozen growing them last year while one of my tomato plants gave me precisely nothing.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I didn't know William Shatner had done this:

William Shatner & Henry Rollins do Jingle Bells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maiEQSBN5Sc

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

JFK and Nixon on those posters on the left? Presidents of the USA maybe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

baka kaba posted:

JFK and Nixon on those posters on the left? Presidents of the USA maybe

They're Kennedys and they're Dead

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

MAYE IT'S BOTH all right fine

them look like Eels on the ground though

also the Police in front of the cars?

also also Great White is a band? next to the shop

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 2, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Now I've got used to my bidet attachment if owns a lot and I recommend it. It's quite high power though I've not seen how far it could shoot water on full blast

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

countdown to Jose getting bored enough to see exactly how far that is

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jose looking for a way to cure prolapse with his bidet can only end one way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

baka kaba posted:

countdown to Jose getting bored enough to see exactly how far that is

Honestly think it could do the length of the bathroom

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

Honestly think it could do the length of the bathroom
But how well does it clean your ring?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's what they seem to be, yeah, but I'd literally never heard of them until now so if they're getting that obscure may God have mercy on us all.

Cowboy Junkies are one of the best known alt-country acts in the world and have been for decades. I've seen them live multiple times.

Also while the cowboys are junkies, they're hanging out with Jane's Addiction.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

But how well does it clean your ring?

Can it clean your ring from across the bathroom?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jedit posted:

Cowboy Junkies are one of the best known alt-country acts in the world and have been for decades. I've seen them live multiple times.

I'm sure they're great, but you might be grossly overestimating the cultural penetration of alt-country music.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Jedit posted:

Also while the cowboys are junkies, they're hanging out with Jane's Addiction.

Unfortunately the answers disagree, sadly. Also, no Velvet Underground.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Guavanaut posted:

'ks sake, I saw 110+ new posts and thought the Queen had died and JRM announced himself Lord President in the interim and ordered coronavirus put in the water, but it's that music picture from the mid-00s.

I think the queen is probably going to die during the corona lockdown but not actually from the rona and it's gonna be awesome watching international media spin deliberate vagueries about the cause of death for ratings.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Boris killing the queen with terrible governance would be the best outcome IMO.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Vitamin P posted:

I think the queen is probably going to die during the corona lockdown but not actually from the rona and it's gonna be awesome watching international media spin deliberate vagueries about the cause of death for ratings.

When the queen goes and the country goes even more into lockdown it’ll be a loving nightmare. Best bet is to hope it’s during the winter so we’re all depressed anyway

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

EmptyVessel posted:

Also, no Velvet Underground.

Travesty!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Speaking as the partner of a stage manager, I like this fellow

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Total Meatlove posted:

When the queen goes and the country goes even more into lockdown it’ll be a loving nightmare. Best bet is to hope it’s during the winter so we’re all depressed anyway

the queen dying is going to do more for my depression than all the sertraline ever manufactured

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I'm in a quandary. I have to get away, or at least have something to look forward to, my parents (69&67) were trapped here when Ryanair downed tools, and I 'm going to find myself digging shallow graves soon (Sorry goons who are worried about parents, but I'm at the end of my tether)

So, I thought a nice holiday might be good. I found a good deal going to Zakynthos, leaving 31/8.Is it too early? Everyday it keeps creeping up in price, but even with insurance theres no guarantee of getting anything back, if there are no flights.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Holy poo poo how did nobody mention Ratt

He's right there

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I did wonder what the rat was for.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Julio Cruz posted:

the queen dying is going to do more for my depression than all the sertraline ever manufactured

You might want to look at why that is.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Why would the queen dying depress you, gently caress that evil bitch, all the manufactured consent in the world shouldn't normalise homeless people systemically freezing to death for want of a loving wind -shelter and blanket while that evil oval office is having wierdly specific taxpayer-funded eggs for breakfast every day.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I did wonder what the rat was for.

Thought he might have escaped from a Stranglers album but couldn't find anything else to connect.
Those Rolling Stones are heading towards (exile on) Main Street after all.

Having seen the answers some are pretty poo poo eg. What colour is the sky? That's another one!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Trickjaw posted:

So, I thought a nice holiday might be good. I found a good deal going to Zakynthos, leaving 31/8.Is it too early? Everyday it keeps creeping up in price, but even with insurance theres no guarantee of getting anything back, if there are no flights.

I've put just a deposit down for a UK event in the middle of September and am feeling very iffy about it. If your Greek holiday in August is like an amazing meaningful thing you don't want to miss then okay risk the booking but if you're just trying to get a cheap holiday then check the small print/your insurance thoroughly and then probably cancel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you want to get away your best bet might be camping in the middle of nowhere in the UK, IMO.