Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Xakura posted:

Not true, and why "evidence based medicine" is such a problematic term. You can't destructively test humans, you can't run a trial on whether, for instance, CPR works, vs just doing nothing.

Which part of my terrible phone post is untrue?

Are the conditions I set stricter than what is necessary? Or the overall gist of making calls based on poo poo science? Pretty sure I meandered all the hell over in that post and failed to make a cogent point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's back on his favorite topic again.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1245876816922972162

The tape is real.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Beans doesn't wander, he has balcony access. Doesn't try to kill birds or wander away at the scent of cats in heat. For an unfixed male, he's pretty awesome.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Of course he's well behaved. He still has testicles that you can remove if need be

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
so wait cats can get corona but not get sick? whew

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

bloops posted:

so wait cats can get corona but not get sick? whew

No, they get sneezy/pukey. I don't know if they actually die from it, though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Of course he's well behaved. He still has testicles that you can remove if need be

I think it's largely that he was a stray last winter, so he's been comfortable behaving knowing how good he has it now.

Not having another cat, he's been mimicking Frank. Hasn't started barking though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Where do I throw :10bux: at a Kickstarter for this?

Never mind. Guess I'm gonna need said :10bux:. There's only one even remote silver lining about this whole god drat mess and it's the fact I can put gas in my car without having to sell body parts so, sure, why not, let's gently caress that up when people have no jobs or money to pay for things like...I don't know...gas, Donnie.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Old Boot posted:

No, they get sneezy/pukey. I don't know if they actually die from it, though.

Aren't cats sneezy/pukey in general?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you give your cat a high quality food and brush em every once in a while the puking should be fairly rare. I mean you should do the same for your dogs too it's just that cats are very fastidious cleaners and if their coat is of poor quality it sheds and clumps more so they get more hairballs.

Dogs will just be gross and smelly until you do something about it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Old Boot posted:

Late to this but: no, mosquitos can't spread the virus. It isn't bloodborn.

In other news: be careful w/ your cats

https://twitter.com/dalydes/status/1245763561370128391

They injected it up the nose of cats in super high concentration and still couldn't be sure it actually hurt them, not to mention it was less than 10 animals.

So dont sneeze up your pet's nose constantly or eat its poop, and you're probably fine and so are they.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Come at me

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
EDIT: Moo <3

iwentdoodie posted:

They injected it up the nose of cats in super high concentration and still couldn't be sure it actually hurt them, not to mention it was less than 10 animals.

So dont sneeze up your pet's nose constantly or eat its poop, and you're probably fine and so are they.

It's still in the 'it's complicated' category, to some extent, but the main concern is how people will react to the news with the death toll rising. Cats have not had the best time of it wrt witch hunts, be they literal or figurative.

I don't think it's anything to freak out about right this second, but keep cats closer to home for a bit.

I'd be lying tho if I didn't say I wasn't a little concerned for my old siamese, but that's mostly 'cause he's old enough that his muzzle's gone grey.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 3, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Older Beans pic, I think this was about 2 months after taking him in as stray. Such a good boy.

Little dude is so well behaved now. When Frank demands pets, Beans flops down next to him, usually in the same manner and position, and demands lower back scratches. He curls up little spoon style to Frank sometimes. Grooms Frank. He's never sprayed my apartment down with piss either. All good reasons to keep his balls. He's earned them.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
I will pay some cat tax with a Moe, the bengal rescue w/ no depth perception

And the siamese (Godzuki) when he was younger

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
solid cats

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Now get him one of these as a friend.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Old Boot posted:

Now get him one of these as a friend.

Do it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cats? We got cats.

This is Milo, looking away from the bird feeder we put right outside the window to wonder what the hell his human is doing with their phone.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Old Boot posted:

Late to this but: no, mosquitos can't spread the virus. It isn't bloodborn.

Thank you! I'm glad to know I can let my kid play outside still.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Crossposting from the Germany thread, because my news channel of choice yesterday went with some devious fuckery that triggered me subconsciously

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yesterday, Welt (RIP N24) had a 20-minute bit about USA flailing around in the current chaos, and while it was only running on my secondary screen and I wasn't paying much attention, I immediately had this extremely visceral reaction to it without even looking or listening intently to what was being said.

See if you can figure out why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gffhy8Yzg

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Timestamp? My german is limited to "nine" and "dunka shane"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

might gently caress around and post my two dogs and three cats tomorrow when i can get better light

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Timestamp? My german is limited to "nine" and "dunka shane"

The background music seems to be from pandemic inc.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Elmnt80 posted:

The background music seems to be from pandemic inc.

Yep

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1245855323966980096

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Crack Mayor's brother (Premier of Ontario) is gonna be releasing Ontario's COVID-19 estimates today. He's already said "you deserve to know what I know", and that "the numbers are shocking and sobering".

Let's see if people finally get the message to STAY THE gently caress HOME. They had to put a by-law into effect here in Toronto imposing a $5000 fine if people not in the same household are within 2 meters of each other on purpose.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Remember that little slap fight about the WHO being owned by the PRC?

https://twitter.com/TencentGlobal/status/1244814309730865152

Well you don't need to argue about that when they're just gonna have a backdoor into the entire UN

MA-Horus posted:

Crack Mayor's brother (Premier of Ontario) is gonna be releasing Ontario's COVID-19 estimates today. He's already said "you deserve to know what I know", and that "the numbers are shocking and sobering".

Let's see if people finally get the message to STAY THE gently caress HOME. They had to put a by-law into effect here in Toronto imposing a $5000 fine if people not in the same household are within 2 meters of each other on purpose.

Really weird to see him vacillate between giant rear end in a top hat and competent crisis manager so quickly. something something the duality of man

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Eej posted:

Really weird to see him vacillate between giant rear end in a top hat and competent crisis manager so quickly. something something the duality of man

It's incredibly stark to see the difference between him and Jason Kenney (Alberta Premier). I don't like Doug on the best of days and I think the list of essential services here in Ontario is far too large. BUT, at heart Doug (and the Ford family in general) are populists (hosting Ford Fest every year), and I'm pretty sure someone sat down with him at the start of this (after his idiotic "go travel on your march break!" press conference) and gave him his "come to jesus" moment.

I took great pleasure in watching him get royally pissed at price gougers though.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Yes run the government like a business.

It’s solid.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Look at this big fatty.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I realize this is a moment of the pot calling the kettle black, but I can’t tell who he’s supposed to be taking a pot shot at? Cuomo? Inslee? Some other Democrat? They seemed to handle things really well. The only states I’ve been thinking wtf is those in the south east.

I’m not a New Yorker, but Cuomo’s composure and outright blunt honesty in his coronavirus briefs give me the impression he is competent. Hell my brother who had the virus (and is recovered now thankfully) and lived in NYC for the last 15 years said he’s not Cuomo’s biggest fan because he’s more center than left, has said in multiple occasions said he’s doing a really good job.

Inslee seems to have shut everything down really quickly as well. I remember seeing a report showing they have flattened their curve and aren’t currently at risk of breaking their medical infrastructure, and are one of the only states that has done that.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I realize this is a moment of the pot calling the kettle black, but I can’t tell who he’s supposed to be taking a pot shot at? Cuomo? Inslee? Some other Democrat? They seemed to handle things really well. The only states I’ve been thinking wtf is those in the south east.

I’m not a New Yorker, but Cuomo’s composure and outright blunt honesty in his coronavirus briefs give me the impression he is competent. Hell my brother who had the virus (and is recovered now thankfully) and lived in NYC for the last 15 years said he’s not Cuomo’s biggest fan because he’s more center than left, has said in multiple occasions said he’s doing a really good job.

Inslee seems to have shut everything down really quickly as well. I remember seeing a report showing they have flattened their curve and aren’t currently at risk of breaking their medical infrastructure, and are one of the only states that has done that.

I think you’re reading too much into trump and co. just wanting to pass the blame.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Woofer posted:

I think you’re reading too much into trump and co. just wanting to pass the blame.

Most likely.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Look at this big fatty.

Talk about bulky :3:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The buck stops somewhere else.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

My dad is a hard R republican and even he’s said that he’s impressed with Cuomo, to the point he said “I’d vote for him”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://mobile.twitter.com/zackbornstein/status/1245857214411067395