Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
The near-unanimous opinion I've heard from people who know him is "Shlak isn't a Nazi, he's just an idiot." Whether or not there was a point he actually feared for his safety if he completely disconnected from the actual Nazis in his local orbit, I don't know, but I've heard that possibility brought up more than a few times. I have no desire to be friends with the guy, or anything, but when it comes to genocidal fascist bigotry, it genuinely seems like he's not into it as much as he's a big dumb guy who's done some big dumb guy things.

At least I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And in the apology I didn't see him say "gently caress antifa" just that he rejects white supremacy and all other supremacies. A very funny dumb guy thing to say.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he had an earlier apology where he definitely said antifa was stupid too

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
It's always insane how so many people get a softball question like "Do you like Nazis?" and give an answer other than just the word "No."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

supposedly that was clarified after some nice gentlefolk visited and discussed his options.

My stance on Shlak is he's a tremendous idiot who likes to bleed for my enjoyment. I think this is a wonderful arrangement.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

theres a lot of people out there whose only consumption of news is from people that paint the antifa movement as an internal terrorist group so when they hear antifa they think people in ski masks beating up old people not people fighting against fascism and racism

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OFFICER LIGER posted:

theres a lot of people out there whose only consumption of news is from people that paint the antifa movement as an internal terrorist group so when they hear antifa they think people in ski masks beating up old people not people fighting against fascism and racism

so nazis

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i thought what happened was shlak getting doxxed constantly by philly antifa and they'd show up to eat the turnbuckle shows to fight or jump the gg allin turds who listen to that kind of music in the parking lot or whatever so he was like "gently caress nazis and gently caress this group of people who have been harassing me for years that i dont know anything about" but someone smartened him up between apologies

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Big Dave posted:

i thought what happened was shlak getting doxxed constantly by philly antifa and they'd show up to eat the turnbuckle shows to fight or jump the gg allin turds who listen to that kind of music in the parking lot or whatever so he was like "gently caress nazis and gently caress this group of people who have been harassing me for years that i dont know anything about" but someone smartened him up between apologies
Waaaaait, THAT'S what happened?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i dont know man, you're more plugged in than i am i just read blogs

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Big Dave posted:

Wait is Eat The Turnbuckle a nazi band?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think so, his previous band Call The Ambulance absolutely were Nazis though.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Wait is Eat The Turnbuckle a nazi band?

Not officially but a couple of their members are connected to very lovely people/crews in the area.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
drat I know the singer. He's a nice guy too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Philly has an unbroken tradition of a fight breaking out at a hardcore show they gotta keep up.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Joey Janela is livestreaming commentary over indie matches (and some non-indie matches) right now while eating pizza, a hoot. Told a story about how Damien 666 wanted to have a doctor draw his blood in a locker room and Joey said no then hid elsewhere in the locker room for 2 hours.

https://www.twitch.tv/thebadboyjanela

Also this spot from one of the matches was insane.

https://www.twitch.tv/thebadboyjanela/clip/IcyFaithfulAnteaterAllenHuhu

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/Lauderdale11/status/1246109039731388416
The full cards for some of these Mania shows are coming out and man, that 6-way semi main would have loving RULED.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Janela hinted that someone huge was gonna close out Spring Break.

He also said that Joey Janela Lost In New York 2 is gonna happen SummerSlam week and hinted that something might happen since NJPW is also in town.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

"She's a 16 year old girl. Maybe 15. I don't know. I had no clue what I got into." was what I first heard when I tuned in. Any, uh, clarification there?e

e: oh it's the opponent in the intergender match.

e: "A match we were thinking of was Onita & Sasuke vs me and Nick Gage" is a thing Janela just casually said. Then Onita got knee surgery.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 4, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

We also would've gotten Alex Zayne vs. Blake Christian vs. Will Ospreay at Spring Break

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Come through, BLP!

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/1246264988664320003

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watching ICW's 1 Year Anniversary Show and holy poo poo everyone on the undercard looks like they've got mugshots.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TTBF posted:

"She's a 16 year old girl. Maybe 15. I don't know. I had no clue what I got into." was what I first heard when I tuned in. Any, uh, clarification there?e

e: oh it's the opponent in the intergender match.

I'm remembering one of the on-the-road Art Of Wrestlings from West Virginia or somewhere where Joey Janela casually said what sounded like "I had sex with a minor last night" and it was only when Colt challenged him that he clarified "COALminer. This chick worked in a coal mine"

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I hope you all enjoy this clip as much as I have

https://twitter.com/AKAtticus/status/1246278037659881473

Joey Janela is a treasure. And make sure to tune into Joey's Twitch, next best thing to Spring Break I suppose.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Tomorrow's IWTV schedule:

Sun, Apr 5, 20 05:30 AM EDT IWTV.live Family Reunion
Sun, Apr 5, 20 08:00 AM EDT Game Changer Wrestling Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
Sun, Apr 5, 20 10:00 AM EDT Absolute Intense Wrestling Slumber Party Massacre
Sun, Apr 5, 20 12:15 PM EDT Zona 23 Journey into the Junkyard
Sun, Apr 5, 20 12:30 PM EDT Zona 23 La Guerra Comienza
Sun, Apr 5, 20 03:00 PM EDT IWA Mid-South Wrestling We're No Joke
Sun, Apr 5, 20 06:45 PM EDT Locker Room Detectives The Locker Room Detectives Episode 21
Sun, Apr 5, 20 07:00 PM EDT Beyond Wrestling Americanrana 19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Tomorrow's IWTV schedule:

Sun, Apr 5, 20 05:30 AM EDT IWTV.live Family Reunion
Sun, Apr 5, 20 08:00 AM EDT Game Changer Wrestling Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
Sun, Apr 5, 20 10:00 AM EDT Absolute Intense Wrestling Slumber Party Massacre
Sun, Apr 5, 20 12:15 PM EDT Zona 23 Journey into the Junkyard
Sun, Apr 5, 20 12:30 PM EDT Zona 23 La Guerra Comienza
Sun, Apr 5, 20 03:00 PM EDT IWA Mid-South Wrestling We're No Joke
Sun, Apr 5, 20 06:45 PM EDT Locker Room Detectives The Locker Room Detectives Episode 21
Sun, Apr 5, 20 07:00 PM EDT Beyond Wrestling Americanrana 19

Those are some dang good cards if you want to watch some wrestling

IWTV Family Reunion
Gary Jay vs Jake Parnell in a Last Man Standing match
Cabana Man Dan, Mr Brickster and O'Shay Edwards vs Sadkampf (Dominic Garrini and Kevin Ku) and Brett Ison
Jessica Troy and Shazza McKenzie vs Kris Statlander and Solo Darling
AC Mack defends the ACTION title against Fred Yehi
Robert Anthony and Shotzi Blackheart (with Frank the Clown) vs Isaias Velazquez and Kylie Rae
Bel Pierce and the Four Nations (Jack Bonza and Mick Moretti) vs Caveman Ugg, Steph DeLander and Unsocial Jordan
Arik Cannon vs Ophidian vs Ethan Page vs Red Eagle vs Mikey vs Mike Verna in a scramble
Justin Sane, Kobe Durst and Kody Lane vs Space Pirates (Shane Sabre and Space Monkey) and Brett Michael David
Orange Cassidy defends the IWTV title against Jonathan Gresham in a European Rules match

Barnett's Bloodsport
Dominic Garrini vs Phil Baroni
Simon Grimm vs JR Kratos
Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Killer Kross
Jonathan Gresham vs Masashi Takeda
Chris Dickinson vs Andy Williams
Dan Severn vs Frank Mir
Timothy Thatcher vs Hideki Suzuki
Josh Barnett vs Minoru Suzuki

AIW Slumber Party Massacre
Young Studs (Bobby Beverly and Eric Ryan) vs La Familia de Tijuana (Bestia 666 and Damian 666) in a Mexican deathmatch
Dominic Garrini vs Joshua Bishop (with Wes Barkley) in a Submit or Surrender match
To Infinity And Beyond (Cheech and Colin Delaney) defend the tag titles against Boys From Jollyville (Russ Myers and T-Money), The Philly Marino Experience (Philly Collins and Marino Tenaglia) and The Production (Derek Director and Eddy Only) in a fatal fourway
Eddie Kingston vs Shinjiro Otani
Scott Steiner vs Swoggle
Colt Cabana and Space Monkey vs Ethan Page and MJF
Nick Gage vs Mance Warner (with the Duke)
PB Smooth defends the Absolute title against Tim Donst, "Filthy" Tom Lawlor and Matthew Justice in a fatal fourway

Zona 23 La Guerra Comienza
Guerrera Negra vs Sadik Maiden
Lunatik Extreme vs Lunatik Fly
Aeroboy vs Ciclope
Super Mega vs Joe Lider vs Ultimo Gladiator in a triple threat
Matthew Justice vs Demoledor
Pirata Morgan, Toxico and Super Crazy vs Los Vipers (Histeria and Psicosis) and X-Fly
Miedo Extremo defends the Extremo title against Fly Star

IWA:MS We're No Joke!
Brain Damage and Deranged vs Team Underground (Chandler McClure and Eric Priest)
IWA:MS women's champ Mickie Knuckles and MsChif vs NWA Midwest women's champ Daizee Haze and Vanessa Kraven in a tag elimination match, winner gets both belts
Trik Davis vs Marek Brave vs Darin Corbin vs Jake Crist vs Dave Crist vs Tyler Black vs Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor vs Billy Roc in a nine-man TLC gauntlet for #1 contendership to Josh Abercrombie's light heavyweight title
Eddie Kingston, Larry Sweeney and Matt Hyson vs Iron Saints (Brandon, Sal and Vito Thomaselli)
Ruckus vs Josh Abercrombie
Ian Rotten vs Kevin Steen
Delirious vs El Generico
Toby Klein vs Tank
Necro Butcher vs Low Ki
Chris Hero vs Milano Collection AT

Beyond Americanrana 19
Leyla Hirsch vs DL Hurst in a dark match
Alex Reynolds vs John Silver
LAX (Ortiz and Santana) vs Bear Country (Bear Beefcake and Bear Bronson)
Chuck O'Neil vs Wheeler Yuta
Cheeseburger defends the Feast Championship Wrestling title against Kenn Doane (with Cam Zagami and Christian Casanova), Kikutaro, Swoggle, Johnny Cockstrong, Solo Darling, Anthony Greene (with Angel Sinclair and Ava Everett), Marko Stunt, Puf and Alex Zayne in a ladder match
John Morrison vs Josh Briggs
Rock n Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) vs Butcher and the Blade (Andy Williams and Pepper Parks)
Orange Cassidy defends the IWTV title against RD Evans
Bryan Alvarez and "Filthy" Tom Lawlor vs Nerder Death Kill (Nick Gage and Thomas Santell)
Daisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson
Kimber Lee vs Kris Statlander in a cage match
Joey Janela vs David Starr in an hour-long no holds barred ironman match

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
That Daisuke Sekimoto vs Christ Dickinson match from Americanrana 19 is incredible. The entire card is great, but that's the standout match for me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If you put the time in to mining for content on IWTV there really is some amazing stuff on there.

And some shows recorded on a turnip at the Lower Yadkinville YMCA, of course. The odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Those first 3 cards all own, especially the AIW one

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I got IWTV and watched Joey Janelas Spring Break and the Orange Cassidy show.

What else is along the subversive lines??

Oh and Zona 23 is the best.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm watching DEFY on IWTV and I'm surprised by how good it looks. With the relatively dark lighting and the constant fog I was afraid it wouldn't film well.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TTBF posted:

I'm watching DEFY on IWTV and I'm surprised by how good it looks. With the relatively dark lighting and the constant fog I was afraid it wouldn't film well.

RIPTIDE is proof that you can use low light and fog to incredible effect, just depends who is doing the editing.
I go to almost every DEFY show and it seems really well-lit from inside the venue, definitely curious to see how it looks on a stream!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

The pop-up video "director's commentary" version of Lost In New York was really good, and is well worth checking out on IWTV if you haven't seen it. I knew some of it (in large part because I was seated directly next to where the NY State Athletic Commission inspector was stationed), but there was a lot I didn't know, including that Gringo Loco has a surgically implanted defibrillator that he wrestles with.

Also I was namechecked for some reason.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

the escape goat posted:

I go to almost every DEFY show and it seems really well-lit from inside the venue, definitely curious to see how it looks on a stream!

The ring and stage are well lit but the non-stage crowd is mostly in darkness. For some reason I thought it might look darker on camera and that was true for when they went into the crowd. You couldn't see the crowd brawls unless they were in front of the stage.

I think one of my issues is I caught a really early DEFY stream and it was dark as hell and sounded terrible. You could barely hear the crowd, which is shocking for DEFY. The only DEFY show I've been to with a quiet crowd was one of their first year all ages show. I'd been at the show I was watching so I was super confused by that until I realized it was a recording issue. "Are we not as loud as I thought?" No we totally are.

Chhun vs Brodie from Year 3 is still really good. I need to go see SCHAFF vs Randy Myers again because I was distracted the first time it was streaming. That was a MOTYC live but I don't know how much of that is just because of how invested I am in Randy Myers.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 13, 2020

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

TTBF posted:

The ring and stage are well lit but the non-stage crowd is mostly in darkness. For some reason I thought it might look darker on camera and that was true for when they went into the crowd. You couldn't see the crowd brawls unless they were in front of the stage.

I think one of my issues is I caught a really early DEFY stream and it was dark as hell and sounded terrible. You could barely hear the crowd, which is shocking for DEFY. The only DEFY show I've been to with a quiet crowd was one of their first year all ages show. I'd been at the show I was watching so I was super confused by that until I realized it was a recording issue. "Are we not as loud as I thought?" No we totally are.

Chhun vs Brodie from Year 3 is still really good. I need to go see SCHAFF vs Randy Myers again because I was distracted the first time it was streaming. That was a MOTYC live but I don't know how much of that is just because of how invested I am in Randy Myers.

Tbf not being able to see the brawls in the crowd is a good replication of the live event. I hated when Warbeast wrestled because I could see maybe 1/30th of the match.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That's a good point. I always sit in the balcony so I should have thought of that.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Watching gcw shows that I missed and never got around to watching and just now watching worst behavior and god drat what an absolutely incredible show

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Watching gcw shows that I missed and never got around to watching and just now watching worst behavior and god drat what an absolutely incredible show
poo poo, I need to watch that one, too.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Hey all. Any help you could provide in the realm of tweeting or Insta’ing out this would be well appreciated. We are trying to help indie wrestlers make some dough in this weird rear end time. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/NLXylZtQJqU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Genuinely better than Giampa / Gargano

https://twitter.com/PureTKC/status/1251488146673500161