Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Voting for JT Smiley's Anubis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
We should do a thread poll for them just to make it neater, I reckon.

That said, I gotta give it to my fellow over-Dakka'ed Alto-builder's Samael :orks101:.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

grassy gnoll posted:

Collected 30mm group build post. If I missed yours, let me know.

These are all incredibly cool, though I do want to say

grassy gnoll posted:

I figured out what to do with those spare limbs.

Lol.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
For week’s my amazon tracking said my RG EVA would arrive today and a rep just told me they haven’t even received it at their facility. poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

I'm in the same boat and just asked them WTF happened. I'll post when I hear back.

The reply was fast.

HLJ posted:

Hi <Midjack>,

Thanks for writing.

Bandai provides a limited initial shipment of stock for their newly released items, which will go into filling customer orders chronologically but then continue to provide stock in batches while the kit is still popular. They do this as a means of quality control, which is something they do pride themselves on. Unfortunately, we have no control over this process and how many they will provide throughout each wave of stock they provide resellers. Should the stock status of your order change you will be notified.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Michael Kampos
Customer Service
HobbyLink Japan
https://www.hlj.com

So yeah, sounds like another PG Unicorn deal where the demand way outstripped supply.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

OptimusShr posted:

Looking at it more closely I think that's the EW version of Deathscythe Hell. Just going by the spiked feet and the lack of yellow details.

RillAkBea posted:

From the angle of the white V antenna and the grey strips down the sides of the mouthpiece, I think that's Freedom rather than Strike.

I stand corrected on both.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I favor JT Smiley's 30MM entry for the competition but I love them all and grassy gnoll's Haro especially.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
Yeah, my vote for JT Smiley's Anubis.

Though I am very, very biased towards metal gear.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Another vote for anubis gear.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Enjoy your G40th RX-78-2 JT.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Grassy knolls speedy blue and white.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TaurusOxford posted:

Enjoy your G40th RX-78-2 JT.

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! That was actually a last minute entry, because originally I was working on this guy, but ended up liking the Metal Gear more.

The pics don't do it justice, it look much better in person.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

RG Tallgeese II goes up for pre-order on P Bandai USA in about 20 minutes if anyone is interested!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

My 30mm is late as hell but coming, should be up sometime this weekend.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 3, 2020

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

JoeGlassJAw posted:

RG Tallgeese II goes up for pre-order on P Bandai USA in about 20 minutes if anyone is interested!

I just snagged that MG Deathscythe Roussette Unit :D

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Oh god there's more stuff there than they initially announced; AND there's more going up on the 10th. I snagged the Victory Strike & Wings of Light add-on, the Slash Zaku Phantom & the Deathscythe since that's all my wallet can reasonably take right now. I still want the Tallgeese II, G04 & the RGZ and GM Sniper Customs when they're available. Pre-orders don't end until August 5th, so I figure I'll grab stuff here and there until then. I, uh, need to clear my backlog before September hits.

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Congrats, JT. Well done.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
drat, the pbandai heavyarms was $61 shipped, deathscythe came to $71 :\

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bad News: My RG-EVA-01 got backordered.

Good News: I dug up my partially completed MG MSZ-006C1. That should help tide me over.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

grassy gnoll posted:

Collected 30mm group build post. If I missed yours, let me know.

My beautiful rainbow boi didn't make the cut:cry:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
For a new page, plus this time with Sazabi's entry.

Bees on Wheat posted:

Built my 30MM kits yesterday. I used the dark blue armor from the Alto Blue with the white and gray frame pieces from an Alto Black, and gave it a Diver Ace backpack/weapons. Had a hell of a time getting the backpack on before I realized there was an adapter piece I needed to use in order to get it to sit comfortably on the Alto's back. It looks like something that you might get if they started mass-producing mobile suits based on 00's design, like a 00 Dagger or something.

(Oh man I just noticed how many spots I missed while panel lining)

I wasn't sure if the remaining parts were going to look good together, but I built the second Alto anyway and realized it was basically just Vidar's color scheme so I gave it some guns and called it good enough.

Veotax posted:

This is what I managed to bash together on Sunday for the group build.

Gripweed posted:

I put the Marsfour sword backpack on my Portanova. Looks pretty cool

Bees on Wheat posted:

So I ended up buying the Alto Flight-type and a whole bunch of other stuff last week. Gotta say I like the flight-type design a bit more than the standard Alto look, but you can do either one since the kit includes all the parts for the standard Alto. The backpack reminds me a bit of the Fatum-00 unit for Justice, with the shoulder cannons and everything. The wings even fold down in the same weird way. Don't think you can surf on it, though. The gun is from the weapon options kit.

for some reason the jetpack also has legs

Got the commander parts for my 00 Alto, and snagged the green faceplate from the flight-type. I think the amber one it used to have looks better with the navy blue anyway.

The weapons kit includes the same gun and.. that weird handle thing from the standard Alto. This turned out to be a good thing because the flight-type doesn't include those weapons; it just has the shoulder cannons. There are two attachments for the barrel of the gun, a sniper scope, and a bit you can use as a handle. I used the medium-length barrel on this kit with the standard sight. I gave the gun with the extra-long barrel and scope to the flight-type.

I also somehow managed to lose the back of this guy's hand {and part of the shoulder armor) but luckily the weapons pack has things covered with a convenient pirate-knife-hand adapter! There was also a sword and an axe but I didn't get pics, apparently.

I wasn't planning to have an all-blue army, it just kinda worked out that way. :shobon:

Waffleman_ posted:

My boy is armored up.

mllaneza posted:

This is exactly why I try to get in 2 or 3 building sessions a week at my desk.

And here's what I've been working on !

Did some panel lines on my 30mm at lunch. I also stole a proper Mobile Suit weapon from another kit; the stock will need some modification but it looks right to me.

TaurusOxford posted:

Finished my 30MM build. I'm calling it the Alto Ace Commander Type:

grassy gnoll posted:

30 MM build! Kinda.

grassy gnoll posted:

I figured out what to do with those spare limbs.

Puddin posted:

Got some decent enough weather for me to finish my 30mm build. Went with a sentry bot style of build after changing my mind about 13 times.

Paper Kaiju posted:

Self-quarantine finally gave me what I needed to quit procrastinating and finish my 30MM.
Ladies and gentlemen and enbies, I give you...

Mecha Hellboy.

Metrofreak posted:

I love 30MM Hellboy :allears:

Anyways, I finally finished my 30MM build.

For the consideration of the academy: Samael

(album link)

Now to pack away the workshop. No more gunpla until I move. :negative:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My 30MM is all done as my package arrrived today :peanut:

I call it the Alto Astra. Fighting in gravity is for suckers :smuggo:. Can't paint, but I got some Gunpla markers to play with and I think they touched up the armor okay.

Midjack posted:

As opposed to that, here's my 30MM entry. I had more elaborate ideas, but the last few weeks have kind of sapped my enthusiasm. Find the Alto Sniper:

This is the dark grey basic Alto with the left shoulder, shield, and faceplate from the dark gray Alto long range sniping armor, the chest and right shoulder from the black Alto command armor, boosters and left hand from option backpack 2, and rifle from the Rifle/Large Claw pack. Inspiration from the GM Sniper.

JT Smiley posted:

Just finished my entry, thinking for calling it Metal Gear Anubis:

Moai Ou posted:

My entry isn't anything special, but it was my first 30MM kit and I thought I'd use it as an opportunity to experiment! I always wanted to attempt some kind of camo pattern. It's not the cleanest look, but I like it. I also finally made myself a small light box, and it's been a process learning how to light it properly.

I didn't have any option parts, so, uh,

Dulkor posted:

Ended up not getting any time or motivation to detail this week, but the build itself is just as complete as it was when I last posted.

Sazabi posted:

I finished my submission. https://imgur.com/a/V6DxVdt gunpla is confusing.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sazabi posted:

My beautiful rainbow boi didn't make the cut:cry:

I went looking for pictures, and also I'm an American. You should be amazed I'm literate enough to understand your post and the one I'm writing right now.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I took a look at HLJ for a RG Crossbones and while the price was good...well, lets just say that Amazon Prime has done horrible things to my expectation of shipping costs.

EDIT: Amiami doesn't even give you a shipping estimate before you put in your order...

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 3, 2020

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I'm annoyed I forgot to go actually place my Bandai pre-orders last night, because the MG Slash Zaku Phantom is out of stock (I didn't realize that could happen with a pre-order???)

edit: I still need to go through the 30 MM entries, but good job all

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So which non-amazon seller is pretty reliable nowadays?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slanderer posted:

I'm annoyed I forgot to go actually place my Bandai pre-orders last night, because the MG Slash Zaku Phantom is out of stock (I didn't realize that could happen with a pre-order???)

edit: I still need to go through the 30 MM entries, but good job all

That’s our Bandai! *audience laughter*

The way I understood P-Bandai to work was that they took unlimited preorders during the open period and then produced to preorder plus a few more, so it seems weird that they could sell out. Unless they just allocated like 1000 units for the US store and sold through those. I see a note that says “pre-orders may be reopened in case of high demand” so don’t give up just yet.

I can’t believe how dumb they’re being about this; spending about 20 minutes on eBay would tell them what kind of demand there is for these things.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
They probably allocated a shipping container for the USA and broke up the kits by number of boxes and expected demand. Shipping half a container extra still costs the same as a full container.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I got something you guys don't... :smuggo:

At Supanova Melbourne last month I picked up the Iron-Blood Coating Barbatos Lupus, and finally got around to finishing it.

This thing is gorgeous. It doesn't really show up well in the pictures, but the two-tone bronze-and-silver part separation actually does look really good in person.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Midjack posted:

That’s our Bandai! *audience laughter*

The way I understood P-Bandai to work was that they took unlimited preorders during the open period and then produced to preorder plus a few more, so it seems weird that they could sell out. Unless they just allocated like 1000 units for the US store and sold through those. I see a note that says “pre-orders may be reopened in case of high demand” so don’t give up just yet.

The P-Bandai preorder numbers are limited and do often sell out. They may also cut off preorders earlt and move to a second wave.

They started a bunch of new waves on Monday and Friday this past week.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 4, 2020

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I got something you guys don't... :smuggo:

At Supanova Melbourne last month I picked up the Iron-Blood Coating Barbatos Lupus, and finally got around to finishing it.

This thing is gorgeous. It doesn't really show up well in the pictures, but the two-tone bronze-and-silver part separation actually does look really good in person.

I picked it up from Japan last year and it's every bit awesome as Neddy says. The coating looks really good.

It was the first Gunpla I've had that had a mold defect as well.

Thankfully it was the chin piece so it's not entirely notacable unless your really looking for it.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

grassy gnoll posted:

I went looking for pictures, and also I'm an American. You should be amazed I'm literate enough to understand your post and the one I'm writing right now.

It's all good. Since I'm also American and can't be sure anything I post is readable to anyone who isn't an idiot. Plus my submission wasn't going to win anything beyond "most likely to offend the eyes and to a lesser degree the remaining four senses".

Unlucky7 posted:

So which non-amazon seller is pretty reliable nowadays?

Gundamplanet and newtypehq have both been good if a slight mark up on most kits. But newtypehq does free shipping on orders over $99 which is super easy when shopping for your back log.

Sazabi fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 4, 2020

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Aaaaand I'm onto my third pair of God Hand nippers :smith:

Pair 1 broke early but pair 2 lasted a few years until just yesterday when without even thinking I tried to cut a length of mesh pipe with them and the blade snapped without even leaving a mark on the mesh.

I didn't even hesitate to order pair 3 though because I'm pretty sure I can never go back to regular nipppers.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I love my godhand nippers, and still have my first. After reading the translated instructions (explaining how the blade and the flat part are deliberately offset a little), I realized you can cut extremely flush on harder plastics by positioning the flat side correctly (it's kinda hard to explain). I've saved so much time I would have otherwise spent with a modeling knife just by using them effectively.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm glad I finished the VeeTwo before I bought any more Build Divers planet kits. I like the Core Gundam a lot but putting the armor on the kit sucked and I really don't like the way it looks all put together.

Oh well!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm glad I finished the VeeTwo before I bought any more Build Divers planet kits. I like the Core Gundam a lot but putting the armor on the kit sucked and I really don't like the way it looks all put together.

Oh well!

In my experience it also falls off easy

Burns
May 10, 2008

Recently got into gunpla after finding a bunch of old gundam action figures i bought in early 2000s. Figured id build something. So since january when i got the tools ive built the ver ka RX-78, a HG GM2 just to test out painting, and the RG Gundam Mk2. The last model i got was the RG Zeta. Something happened when I applied a topcoat to the Zeta... the right arm elbow joint broke as a result so now the arm is basically useless in terms of articulation.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
https://imgur.com/a/PcCL2rL my official entry to the newtype contest. I can't wait to find out I spent $200 for the chance to not win $800.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I have doubts about your large, hairy technician's dedication to the project.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Oh well!

I had the complete opposite experience. I really enjoyed putting on all the armor and felt the Core Gundam looked kinda naked without it. v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Finished another robot.