Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

Rewatched Sexy Beast tonight; that is some good poo poo.

Ben Kingsley is out of this world good in that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Jerusalem posted:

Ben Kingsley is out of this world good in that movie.

It was like the first movie of his I saw and I still automatically think all other films of his are going to be just as good.

It...hasn’t quite worked out.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Going back to the more adult, slice of lifey anime discussion from a few days back, I’m watching Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

I’m digging it a lot, great pick for someone looking for more down-to-earth, thoughtful anime. It’s about rakugo, a Japanese form of solo comedic theater (kind of like stand-up)

Also, you should watch JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Also it's weird that in these uncertain times where everyone is freakin' out man!!! someone would choose to do some weird april fools that makes it look like the place they go to escape the freak out is also crumbling from the inside

Genuinely not tryin' to be a downer about a silly joke but read the room, ya know

A bunch of youtubers I follow did April Fools Jokes today that were just, like, cute funny jokes in video format. Even 4chan, which is by all measures a horrible website did some goofy thing where people's posts turn green. SA doing some elaborate fiction where there was a fake war between the people running the site and at least a few people were trying to make it look like Lowtax was just gonna delete the site is uh, putting it politely, really loving amazingly stupid.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm gonna watch west side story for ben horne and dr jacoby

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

yea ok posted:

i'm gonna watch west side story for ben horne and dr jacoby

Laura Palmer, I've just met a girl called Laura Palmer...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just saw the first episode of the Wano Arc for One Piece. Goddamn that is some pretty animation (comparatively speaking).

Also I finished up my rewatch of all The Fast and Furious movies, still laugh at everybody just chilling with the dude who killed Han at the end of the last film.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It kinda bothers me that western content distribs like Netflix pigeonhole anime as either kids show or kids show but tiddy but then again that’s how they do English oriented stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think I'm starting to crack. I've been working so many SNAP cases that I'm starting to have trouble of keeping track of everything

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
SNAP, crackle, and pop

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Lamuella posted:

Without spoiling anything there's a moment in the first few episodes of Season 4 that rivals this for emotion. It's a continuous shot of Eleanor's face and it made me think that Kristen Bell might be one of the best actors in the world. Seriously it rivals Michael's chuckle for just pure acting ability.

I just started Season 4 and were you talking about Eleanor's "Girl from Arizona" speech? That was so good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

I just started Season 4 and were you talking about Eleanor's "Girl from Arizona" speech? That was so good.

That bit is great but wasn't quite the one I mean. There's a long shot of her while Chidi is talking. I'll say no more.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Lamuella posted:

That bit is great but wasn't quite the one I mean. There's a long shot of her while Chidi is talking. I'll say no more.

Okay I think it was like the next episode afterwards, haha.

The Good Place is so good. :allears:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

It was like the first movie of his I saw and I still automatically think all other films of his are going to be just as good.

It...hasn’t quite worked out.

I have to respect an actor who, when asked why the hell he appeared in Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne, replied "I always wanted to play a vampire!"

Same thing when someone asked Christopher Plummer why he played a Klingon in Star Trek VI. "Because I get to play a Klingon."

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Ben Kingsley is cool even in his most godawful of films

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Iron Man 3 was the only good Iron Man movie.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked the one where they played the Black Sabbath song

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I like the first Star Ocean games because of all the unintentional comedy. Like both games start with pretty earnest "go here, do this important thing" quest but all the characters are tremendous dipshits so its very natural for them to go "A CAVE??? HELL YEAH LETS GO IN THE CAVE" The 2nd one's even funnier because you're the son of the dipshit of the first game and as soon as you do something incredible dumb(and start the game) your dad is like "I've completely failed as a father" and I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

Iron Man 3 was the only good Iron Man movie.

is that the one where vin diesel kills himself

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

about to get second-can-of-cider maudlin.

I just want to say thanks to this forum. I work for the national health service (non-clinical role, I'm a library manager who has been drafted into making elearning so we can get staff trained really quickly). Everything about my job right now is stressful and urgent and exhausting. Watching wrestling is my escape. Talking about wrestling with you guys is how I get through work without just collapsing in a puddle. Having somewhere I can go and just fanboy about Hangman or clown on how lovely WWE is right now is important to me. You guys are important. Even the ones who are surprisingly horny.

This is my lagoon of tranquility when things are hosed. Thanks for making it so welcoming.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

It kinda bothers me that western content distribs like Netflix pigeonhole anime as either kids show or kids show but tiddy but then again that’s how they do English oriented stuff.

they're not wrong

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

Ben Kingsley is cool even in his most godawful of films

I agree and I was thinking that Jeremy Irons also has to fit into this category.

Those two dudes are always like, complete workhorses and really bring their best to a role and as a result they have this crazy range of movies that go across the entire spectrum of flat-out terrible and just incredible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just started thinking about those dumb little rides they used to have in the grocery stores where it'd jingle some awful song and jiggle your child for 45 seconds. Those things were the most important things to me at one point in my life.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gilda

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Animal crossing is taking over my life

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm still working because I have a case from hell lord when will this day end.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard posted:

I'm still working because I have a case from hell lord when will this day end.

just go to sleep and then it will be tomorrow today and today will be yesterday

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
After watching April Fool's Day during dinner, I have decided my next erotic story will be a slasher story.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

CobiWann posted:

After watching April Fool's Day during dinner, I have decided my next erotic story will be a slasher story.

I think with how a lot of erotica tends to be thinly veiled rape fantasies to begin with there’s a ton of them that already are slasher stories except instead of a monster it’s a bad boy with a whopping huge dick and instead of a killing girls he bangs them. The story structure is pretty much beat for beat the same outside of those details.

Set up the virginal innocence of the character—>introduce the idea of a terrible man who does awful things—>his presence is felt in a number of increasingly terrible (I.e. erotic) ways—>he chases her in full effort, probably not taking no for an answer—>climax with body fluids everywhere

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

I think with how a lot of erotica tends to be thinly veiled rape fantasies to begin with there’s a ton of them that already are slasher stories except instead of a monster it’s a bad boy with a whopping huge dick and instead of a killing girls he bangs them. The story structure is pretty much beat for beat the same outside of those details.

Set up the virginal innocence of the character—>introduce the idea of a terrible man who does awful things—>his presence is felt in a number of increasingly terrible (I.e. erotic) ways—>he chases her in full effort, probably not taking no for an answer—>climax with body fluids everywhere

...I meant that a lot of "erotic horror" tends to be ghosts/werewolves/vampires/demons and I wanted to try something fresh and different. At least now I know the tropes and cliches to avoid?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dracula hosed, and was in fact a metaphor for loving

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

about to get second-can-of-cider maudlin.

I just want to say thanks to this forum. I work for the national health service (non-clinical role, I'm a library manager who has been drafted into making elearning so we can get staff trained really quickly). Everything about my job right now is stressful and urgent and exhausting. Watching wrestling is my escape. Talking about wrestling with you guys is how I get through work without just collapsing in a puddle. Having somewhere I can go and just fanboy about Hangman or clown on how lovely WWE is right now is important to me. You guys are important. Even the ones who are surprisingly horny.

This is my lagoon of tranquility when things are hosed. Thanks for making it so welcoming.

Hope things improve for you soon, and hope this place remains a nice escape :cheers:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's with captain toad saying diaper venture. what is he really sayoing

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Cavauro posted:

what's with captain toad saying diaper venture. what is he really sayoing

i think he’s saying “time for (ad)venture” but this is disputable

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Captain Toadette is an outspoken terf.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

CobiWann posted:

...I meant that a lot of "erotic horror" tends to be ghosts/werewolves/vampires/demons and I wanted to try something fresh and different. At least now I know the tropes and cliches to avoid?

From what I’ve seen, the appeal of all those monsters is that A.) they will protect you and A2.) sometimes bring you into a clan of elsewise protectors (depending on how many erotica titles there are and what type of erotica this is, those protectors will also gently caress you) and B.) they have some manner of co-opting consent so that sex isn’t necessarily what the female protagonists want but also they get to have it without feeling the guilt of wanting it.

An enormous portion of erotica and romance profits off of subversions of puritanical ideas which make wanting sex bad but being coerced to have sex acceptable, and then wanting sex becomes okay once you do it with the one you are coerced to have sex with.

Society is all hosed up; please go with god and make your erotica, it is a good thing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Resident evil 3 is fun. There are also a lot of tentacles and bugs that shove their tubes down your throat. That part was weird

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Captain Toadette is an outspoken terf.

No

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shard posted:

Resident evil 3 is fun. There are also a lot of tentacles and bugs that shove their tubes down your throat. That part was weird

I really want this but I want the FF7 Remake more :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bradzilla posted:

I really want this but I want the FF7 Remake more :negative:

I feel ya. I wanted this, Persona 5 Royale, Doom Eternal and FF 7. I decided to go with RE3 and Persona and I'm gonna wait for the rest when on discount