Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Does anyone have candles that I could touch/buy from a store? I'm working on a specific room that needs them. I'm pretty sure at one point I saw some white candles dripping wax at the nook store and didn't buy them and I'm regretting it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Does anyone have candles that I could touch/buy from a store? I'm working on a specific room that needs them. I'm pretty sure at one point I saw some white candles dripping wax at the nook store and didn't buy them and I'm regretting it now.

Would wall candles do ? I think I have one.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

fit em all up in there posted:

Would wall candles do ? I think I have one.

Already got wall candles in there but thanks!

It's for this room. I spent entirely too long yesterday drawing this pentagram for my new room that finished construction this morning. Now I need candles and maybe like, stacks of books or something for the corners?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I am saving my egg stacks so in a few months when people go back to seeing X's on the ground and thinking only fossils I can bury some eggs in different parts of their islands. I'm not crafting anything with these things.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

KongGeorgeVII posted:

It's for this room. I spent entirely too long yesterday drawing this pentagram for my new room that finished construction this morning. Now I need candles and maybe like, stacks of books or something for the corners?

i have 2 different kinds, the "candle with glass holder" (left) and the "candle" (right). I think they come in different color variations, but these are the ones I have:

would be happy to drop either or both off on your island, I'm not gonna be using 'em anytime soon.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Reiley posted:

I am saving my egg stacks so in a few months when people go back to seeing X's on the ground and thinking only fossils I can bury some eggs in different parts of their islands. I'm not crafting anything with these things.

You beautiful bastard

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

someone awful. posted:

i have 2 different kinds, the "candle with glass holder" (left) and the "candle" (right). I think they come in different color variations, but these are the ones I have:

would be happy to drop either or both off on your island, I'm not gonna be using 'em anytime soon.

Those would be awesome! I'll leave some stuff in front of the airport you can help yourself to, touch it, take it, whatever you like. I've opened up my island, Dodo code is [redacted] and everyone is welcome.

e: closing up so I can order some candles. Mabel was selling trash anyway.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 3, 2020

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Update 1.1.3 is out, anyone got patch notes?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Those would be awesome! I'll leave some stuff in front of the airport you can help yourself to, touch it, take it, whatever you like.

Glad to help! And I was able to buy some flowers from your shop I didn't have yet, so everything's gravy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lezard_valeth posted:

Patch notes for Update 1.1.3
  • Zipper is dead

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

lezard_valeth posted:

It fixes the glitch when you shoot 300 balloons they stop spawning, according to Eurogamer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So I am legit a week behind on AC, due to ~IRL~ being what it is atm.

Is it possible to visit another players island and purchase a beard?... Cause I want to go to another island and purchase a beard.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kiwillian posted:

It fixes the glitch when you shoot 300 balloons they stop spawning, according to Eurogamer.

Neat

Funky Valentine posted:

Patch notes for Update 1.1.3
  • Zipper is dead

Don't you dare give me hope.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My girlfriend and I are enjoying bunny day stuff and eggs, and I'm more than happy to take everyones eggs if they don't want them.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Infinitum posted:

So I am legit a week behind on AC, due to ~IRL~ being what it is atm.

Is it possible to visit another players island and purchase a beard?... Cause I want to go to another island and purchase a beard.

The beard shows up in Able Sisters from time to time, so if it's in someone's store then yes you can visit them and purchase a beard.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I desperately want your QR codes for this, if you're willing to share.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Goddamn laying paths is tedious. And why the hell can't I make a path in front of Nook's cranny??

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

Same. I can't even tell how many designs that is, I'm guessing it's definitely a grid. Could always use acpatterns to make it, I suppose.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress yes, finally got my Able Sisters site down.

Apparently I need to decorate the island more to get a 3 star rating. Does that specifically mean I need to put decorations/items down all over the place? Or does a nice array of flowers and fruit trees count?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

stev posted:

Apparently I need to decorate the island more to get a 3 star rating. Does that specifically mean I need to put decorations/items down all over the place? Or does a nice array of flowers and fruit trees count?

Lots of flowers and a few decorations should do the job, yeah. I went from two stars to three just by putting down a well.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is there a limit and/or a way to get around the limit of custom designs you have saved? when you share a switch with multiple profiles you all share the same custom designs

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Funky Valentine posted:

Water eggs have driven snapping turtles to extinction.

I got a spiral island tonight out nook ticketing and it's super good for farming turtles.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Boba Pearl posted:

Thumbtacks posted:

Same. I can't even tell how many designs that is, I'm guessing it's definitely a grid. Could always use acpatterns to make it, I suppose.

I haven't figured out how to share stuff yet but I can have a look. It is 22 seperate design slots though.

With the candles someone awful gave me and the 4 more I've ordered from the nook shop it shouldn't take me long to finish up the room, probably just an extra day to really full up on candles. I might keep tweaking some of the design though. I dunno, add some blood or something.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Apr 3, 2020

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Hello! I'm southern hemisphere, Saharah (with the palace flooring) AND Celeste are in town (get a recipe if you haven't yet), Nooks are selling a bingo cage and a tissue box, and the Ables have a ton of cool stuff like mummy masks, viking armour, a punk dress etc. Dodo code is K485C.

Stars were shooting just before I started inviting people (go figure) but it may happen again later tonight. I'll be open for about an hour and a half if anyone wants in (local time is 8:32PM so the Ables are only around for another half hour)

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 3, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Reiley posted:

lol

absolutely savage

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just got an update to 1.1.3 a

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goodpart posted:

Hello! I'm southern hemisphere, Saharah (with the palace flooring) AND Celeste are in town (get a recipe if you haven't yet), Nooks are selling a bingo cage and a tissue box, and the Ables have a ton of cool stuff like mummy masks, viking armour, a punk dress etc. Dodo code is K485C.

Stars were shooting just before I started inviting people (go figure) but it may happen again later tonight. I'll be open for about an hour and a half if anyone wants in (local time is 8:32PM so the Ables are only around for another half hour)

Abused this. Thank you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Frankston posted:

I just got an update to 1.1.3 a

Patch notes apparently suggest it's fixing the balloon achievement bug

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Anyone with turnip prices at least 100? I’m not greedy I just want to break even before they spoil

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Anyone with turnip prices at least 100? I’m not greedy I just want to break even before they spoil

Just opened up my island, I've got 187.

code is gone.

Pau fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 3, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Goodpart posted:

Just missed Ables. Drop an aries fragment for a recipe.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/adonyne/status/1243563212198612998?s=21

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no.

The loving balloons are back!??! :cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

(I'm glad it got patched, but still - I'd gotten used to my new wand being in my Slingshot tool slot)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

so why excactly does tom nook demand that I have to fork up 10 000 bells upfront to find a new plot of land that he’s gonna sell for whole lot more

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hmm. I haven't seen a 5x Miles challenge in days.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ulvir posted:

so why excactly does tom nook demand that I have to fork up 10 000 bells upfront to find a new plot of land that he’s gonna sell for whole lot more

:capitalism:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ulvir posted:

Are you really complaining about limited-quantity chances to turn 10k bells into 1000 miles? :thunk:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I recall seeing some speculation as to how long CJ hangs around when he visits. Can confirm it's 5:00 am, which he will tell you himself if you say you have fish to sell then change your mind.

Today is Flick's first visit for me. I like him. :)

Also: I have finally acquired recipes for Cutting Board, Ironwood Dresser and Ironwood Kitchenette. Happy to craft and share or if I can re-buy the recipes, that too.

Now I finally have the start of a dang kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone know with Flick/CJ can you make as many of their bug/fish statues as you want or is it one per day?

I have Flick today and was thinking a bug room without all the tanks might be neat