Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I know she probably won't but I'd probably cry with relief if RLB somehow squeezes it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
First weetman and now this filth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
RLB gave him a 2 full weeks of campaigning getting all the press before sort of announcing she was running. gifted it to him

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Her campaign has been extraordinarily bad. They've all been poo poo, of course, but she's done absolutely nothing to stop the thing being a coronation.

I'm disappointed in the number of 'left' people on Twitter who've voted Starmer as a unity candidate, you would have thought that if nothing else the last few years would have been a stark warning for anyone who still naively believed compromise with Blairites was possible.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 3, 2020

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
lol I think my chest freezer is knackered.

Wait, not lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone tell me about the new mount and blade and if i should get it. i never played the first one

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wachter posted:

Tick all that apply:

[ ] media scaremongering
[ ] government scaremongering
[ ] Blitz spirit
[ ] it'll never happen to me/anyone I know
[ ] it's just the flu
[ ] it's my/their time
[ ] I'll/they'll be dead soon anyway
[ ] what about the economy?
[ ] insane conspiracy theory (please specify)

long way back but

[ ] media scaremongering
[ ] government scaremongering
[ ] Blitz spirit
[*] it'll never happen to me/anyone I know
[ ] it's just the flu
[*] it's my/their time
[*] I'll/they'll be dead soon anyway
[ ] what about the economy?
[ ] insane conspiracy theory (please specify)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

At least from the end of that thread it seems like somebody noticed what a travesty this was so they're taking it back to court to overturn it?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Momentum sent out an email less than an hour ago with a farewell message from Jeremy and apparently we've already received hundreds of replies in response, and they're overwhelmingly positive, full of moving sentiment about how much everyone loves him.

It's very heart-warming!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not really sure how she can campaign, if nobody wants to give her coverage there's bugger all she can do about that.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

RLB gave him a 2 full weeks of campaigning getting all the press before sort of announcing she was running. gifted it to him

It's because he had a campaign ready to go after the election while we didn't.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/MatthewBevan/status/1245970505082867717

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

there's an interesting document that appeared on scotgov: Guidance from the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) on treating patients with COVID-19.

i'll quote the work safe relevant parts for how the uk is handling this in a clinical setting on paper:

6.3 Removal from Isolation
Patients may be considered for removal from isolation if:
- Patient has already been at home or in isolation for 7 days since onset of symptoms.
- Patient has been afebrile for 48 hours
- Patients symptoms are resolving or resolved (excluding cough)
- Patient has had two negative COVID-19 PCR combined throat/nose swab results 24 hours apart with the first repeat sample at least 7 days after the first positive test.

Wait what.

So they won't let people out until they've tested negative twice but all the people (like me) that haven't been hospitalised but had it anyway get to be out there going off timings and maybe coming out of isolation too early. This is crazy. This is why they need to be getting tests out to people who think they've had it. Cos I'm more or less not setting foot outside the house till June but a lot of people don't have any choice

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Isomermaid posted:

Wait what.

So they won't let people out until they've tested negative twice but all the people (like me) that haven't been hospitalised but had it anyway get to be out there going off timings and maybe coming out of isolation too early. This is crazy. This is why they need to be getting tests out to people who think they've had it. Cos I'm more or less not setting foot outside the house till June but a lot of people don't have any choice
yeah that's always been the medical opinion, which is why the 7 day rule has been political bullshit from the get-go. i get an excuse to pull out this singapore example:

note there's still people showing 2 negatives then returning positive - virus lives in the lower respiratory system but PCR is a test of the upper so it isn't perfect

just wait until we need to example the issue with antibody testing irl

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It really boils my piss how everyone on the local FB group is so performative about clapping for the NHS, putting rainbows in the window for the NHS, berating people for complaining about the fireworks getting let off for the NHS, but they will vote Tory now and forever who have loving gutted the NHS.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Bardeh posted:

It really boils my piss how everyone on the local FB group is so performative about clapping for the NHS, putting rainbows in the window for the NHS, berating people for complaining about the fireworks getting let off for the NHS, but they will vote Tory now and forever who have loving gutted the NHS.

It's just virtue signalling (and actual virtue signalling, instead of how the alt right use the phrase). They know it is a good thing based on the current climate, so they enthusiastically embrace it as they see themselves as a good person. When it comes time to vote, an entirely different, unconnected part of their brain is calling the shots. It's easy to believe what you want to even if it means flip-flopping between contradictory beliefs depending on whether your need to see yourself as a good person or a more selfish desire is in charge.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Record deaths of corona today bad? No, according to the bbc, should have been 100 worse than predicted so this is good news

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I told my partner that it's illegal to do any work while on furlough (cheers to whoever posted that previously!) and she's been spending the whole afternoon ringing up her colleagues to make sure they don't get tempted to do so much as answer an email while on furlough, and also letting everybody know that the furlough minimum is 3 weeks so that if they get called back early they know to demand their full wages for the entire period :swoon:

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Bardeh posted:

But people liked Theresa May's shoes not like that scruff bag Corbyn.

The political side of Coronavirus is getting me down more than the health impact in a way. It's depressing to see the national response to a crisis of this magnitude is so loving lame and, human I guess. England likes to see itself as all the stuff in the 2012 opening ceremony yet its more like the last ten minutes of bridge over the river kwai.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Bill Withers died. :( (Not of the rona from the looks of it).

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wonder how many people are trying this for the first time.

I already baked occasionally. Did an overnight no-knead bread in my dutch oven a few days ago, turned out p deece!

minema
May 31, 2011
The university have finally made a decision, we will be put on the temporary register from Monday as band 5 physiotherapists and so can start working in hospitals from then, but we also have to finish our academic work and should "prioritise it over clinical practise and only work one or two days a week". I don't know if they are just unaware of the staffing needs or are aware and just trying to stay relevant but it seems like the worst of all worlds to me!

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Bill Withers died. :( (Not of the rona from the looks of it).

Died with heart complications.

feedmegin posted:

Wonder how many people are trying this for the first time.

I already baked occasionally. Did an overnight no-knead bread in my dutch oven a few days ago, turned out p deece!

I find dutch ovens work best when I'm baking a loaf.

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 3, 2020

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Heart complications was always a weird phrase to me. It either goes squeezy squeezy blood blood blood or it goes urky-arky heart attarcky. Ain't hard, fam.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Well that saves a lot of time, doesn't it? You don't need to wait for the results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Disgusting Coward posted:

Heart complications was always a weird phrase to me. It either goes squeezy squeezy blood blood blood or it goes urky-arky heart attarcky. Ain't hard, fam.

Sometimes it can go squeezy-squeezy in the wrong direction, for one thing.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

I hope he muted that poo poo the replies are just a never-ending stream of smug breadposting

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Disgusting Coward posted:

It can also work but just be pretty poo poo at its job. One of my best pals told me a while back that she had to have heart surgery as a kid because she was born with some issue that meant there was a hole between two of the ventricles. Had to get something put in I think but she's as healthy as any other 30 year old afaik now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
This pandemic has vindicated my visceral hatred of cruise ships, utter abominations that they are. If I were in charge I would force every one of them to be renamed to The Diarrhea Princess and every person who pays to go on one must for one year thereafter wear a dunce's cap (but the D means diarrhea instead) and a big placard about their person for to warn the general public that they are a dangerously stupid moron :mad:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

If only there was a way to produce the tests locally.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

peanut- posted:

I hope he muted that poo poo the replies are just a never-ending stream of smug breadposting
🍞🍞🍞:anarchists:🍞🍞🍞

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bardeh posted:

I thought the rainbows in the windows thing was just to entertain the kiddies on their daily walk, I haven't got round to doing it yet.

But yeah this is super annoying especially given that I have quite a large number of NHS workers on my facebook posting basically exactly this.

But other than not being a jackass about quarantine, and not doign too much sharp-thing-involved DIY and craft to avoid unnecessary trips to A&E (which happens a lot to me about this time of year...) there genuinely isn't a lot I can do to help. My MP is already on side and doing whatever she can, and I can't risk exposure to help physically because I'm shielding my wife from exposure.

I can nly hope that some of these people will have their class consciousness switched on by this nonsense but... you know what they say about hope.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tests can suffer from diseases now, can they? That's one of the most poo poo headlines I've read in ages.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Samovar posted:

Tests can suffer from diseases now, can they? That's one of the most poo poo headlines I've read in ages.

yeah it's dumb sensationalist garbage

if there's covid on the tests throw them in a cupboard for a few days and you'll be fine

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Bardeh posted:

One of my friends posted on FB about how stupid the performative clapping was, waited for a slew of angry gammony responses telling her to SUPPORT OUR BRAVE NURSES AND DOCTORS* (*NOT THE FOREIGN ONES THOUGH) then she pointed out to them that she actually worked for the NHS and what would help is not voting tory, not clapping. They still told her she was wrong of course.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's going to be quite summery over the weekend. There will definitely be a load of people who think gently caress it and go out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

yeah it's dumb sensationalist garbage

if there's covid on the tests throw them in a cupboard for a few days and you'll be fine

Wouldn't the bigger problem be that if a test is contaminated with the thing it's supposed to be testing for that makes it not a very good test?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

thespaceinvader posted:

I thought the rainbows in the windows thing was just to entertain the kiddies on their daily walk, I haven't got round to doing it yet.

But yeah this is super annoying especially given that I have quite a large number of NHS workers on my facebook posting basically exactly this.

Crossover between the two. There was a campaign to put something (ideally a teddy bear) in a window so kids could go on a bear hunt, and then there was someone who started a campaign for kids to draw a rainbow and send it to their local hospital to 'lift spirits'.

The NHS then released something along the lines of "STOP SENDING US ALL THIS loving POTENTIALLY CONTAMINATED POSTThis is lovely but why not just put it in your window to... be seen by the NHS staff on their way to work, yes, that works."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1246108139256254464