Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

Oh, dang it. My joycons were fine, but apparently playing AC for a couple hours a day has worn them out, because my left joycon has started drifting left. This is a huge pain in a game that requires a certain degree of precision like this. This is probably a terrible time of the year to try to get them repaired or replaced.
:rip:
I was very lucky with my original joycons, using them heavily since launch (only play in handheld, played hundreds of hours of Monster Hunter) without drift but I got some new ones that started drifting almost immediately. This is with the stick in neutral position :v:

nowadays I just use the Hori Split Pad Pro but it's really a shame that the joycons are so hit-or-miss.

eating only apples posted:

No it doesn't, I got it the other day after catching 2 wasps that day and 3 the day before

are you sure you didn't catch wasps on islands (thanks RCarr I didn't know about this!)? I had pretty much never been stung by a wasp and I only got the achievement after specifically catching 5 on the same day, and any info I can find on it backs this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The weird thing with my controller drift is that repeatedly clicking in the stick seems to temporarily fix it.

bushisms.txt posted:

I didn't know there was an egg crown, i need it

The crown is pretty good, but if you get the recipes for all six egg outfits, you unlock a hat that is basically a rainbow hat with the egg crown on top.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bobulus posted:

Oh, dang it. My joycons were fine, but apparently playing AC for a couple hours a day has worn them out, because my left joycon has started drifting left. This is a huge pain in a game that requires a certain degree of precision like this. This is probably a terrible time of the year to try to get them repaired or replaced.

Hobo Clown posted:

:same:

Between this and Mario Karting with friends more often my joycons have really started making GBS threads the bed. I imagine buying a new pair will be faster than shipping them off to Nintendo at this point.

I can't recommend the pro controller enough...it's one of the best controllers I've ever used. Its only real flaw (and it's not insignificant) is that the L2/R2 buttons are binary and not touch-sensitive, Nintendo really handicapped themselves with that. I've seen some decent deals lately too, if you can get it for $50 it's absolutely worth it.

One of my quarantine activities is going to be repairing my left joycons (BOTH are wearing out, ugh) so I ordered this kit: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PYPC8BY/ . It's out for delivery right now so I'll see how tough it is this weekend. Worst case I gently caress up one of my currently unusable joycons and I just spent a little bit to try to save big funds.

Your Computer posted:

are you sure you didn't catch wasps on islands (thanks RCarr I didn't know about this!)? I had pretty much never been stung by a wasp and I only got the achievement after specifically catching 5 on the same day, and any info I can find on it backs this up.

Yeah I've been trying for like a literal week without being stung, I'd estimate I'm up to 20+ in a row, so it must be all in one day.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I still need that egg arch. I'm starting to think a villager has to give it out :sigh:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Your Computer posted:

I hadn't been to an island, I shook two trees, caught two wasps and got the achievement, so I dunno.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I still need that egg arch. I'm starting to think a villager has to give it out :sigh:

From what I read, Zipper gives it to you on Bunny Day.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Zipper gives it on bunny day.

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013

Visit sunny Chentopia! Dodo code 30TPX! Turnip prices are trash but there are some DIY recipes and fruit in the free stuff pit, and feel free to shake any trees.

HaB posted:

So whoever was in the Abel's at the same time as me - Black pigtails, beret, brown/beige plaid dress?

Girl - that outfit was cute AF. You should be proud. :)

:) Oh gosh, that was me! Thank you kindly!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Zipper gives it on bunny day.

For what I've read, this is true

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
https://twitter.com/matzzacre/status/1245715972260073472

I think I'm gonna steal this idea

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bobulus posted:

The crown is pretty good, but if you get the recipes for all six egg outfits, you unlock a hat that is basically a rainbow hat with the egg crown on top.

How do you get the recipes? Just the balloons?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

bushisms.txt posted:

How do you get the recipes? Just the balloons?

There's some that unlock after you pick up enough of X type of egg, one of those "ooh I thought of something" and then when you get them all it goes "ooh I thought of a way to combine the things I thought of", there's also stuff from balloons/message in a bottle/just given by villagers

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That's brilliant, no shame in that thievery. I expect to see that on a lot of islands soon.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Adorable, as long as you remember to fence it in when you're having visitors because people are bad and someone will steal.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm really enjoying Fashion Crossing

https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/1245361638351335424?s=20

https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/1246098733831348225

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

I had the guy who does the fishing challenge in my town and was afraid to do it because of this nonsense...

Maybe we should just remember the reason for the season.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

100% skimmed that and read it as "fisting challenge"

welp

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Violen posted:

that awful screaming of the balloons
this is legitimately getting to me :negative:

I can't relax at all with the constant sharp whooshing. It never goes away! As soon as one balloon is off-screen another two has appeared.

I know it's a bit strange but I just have trouble with certain sounds and this is definitely one of them. It's ringing in my ears long after I close the game...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Your Computer posted:

this is legitimately getting to me :negative:

I can't relax at all with the constant sharp whooshing. It never goes away! As soon as one balloon is off-screen another two has appeared.

I know it's a bit strange but I just have trouble with certain sounds and this is definitely one of them. It's ringing in my ears long after I close the game...

I've stopped playing because the whooshing was making me feel physically ill and I have no idea why it's bothering me like that at all

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Closing up for now, thanks for visiting :)
Had some good groups today, I should be more active when I open up over the weekend.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is wart jr related to wart

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this guy owns

https://twitter.com/juibe/status/1245950143360200705

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Some people were disappointed that some villagers had generically furnished houses but I'm pretty sure that only applies to the first five villagers (the first two and three houses you help furnish). After that I think they actually have more unique houses

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I've stopped playing because the whooshing was making me feel physically ill and I have no idea why it's bothering me like that at all
:smith::hf::smith:

Color Printer posted:

Some people were disappointed that some villagers had generically furnished houses but I'm pretty sure that only applies to the first five villagers (the first two and three houses you help furnish). After that I think they actually have more unique houses
yeah, I was disappointed by it but every other villager that has moved in has had a unique house. Kind of a bummer since I would love to see what sort of house Tammy or Gayle are supposed to have rather than the generic wood block furniture houses they have now :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Color Printer posted:

I was actually expecting part of the game to be meeting every villager's furnishing requirements after doing it the first time. Which would've been a massive ballache so I'm glad they didn't do that.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

On the agenda for today:

- Make Sky Egg Costume
- Visit an island.
- Follow people around yelling WOOOSH!

- Make Sea Egg Costume
- Visit an island.
- Silently stalk up on someone while they're fishing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Your Computer posted:

:rip:
I was very lucky with my original joycons, using them heavily since launch (only play in handheld, played hundreds of hours of Monster Hunter) without drift but I got some new ones that started drifting almost immediately. This is with the stick in neutral position :v:

nowadays I just use the Hori Split Pad Pro but it's really a shame that the joycons are so hit-or-miss.

I was exactly 3 days into lockdown here when my newest Joycon started to drift. Movement in this game could be a lot lot lot more precise, but cleaning the inside of the stick really helped.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

grieving for Gandalf posted:

:(
I'd hate to miss out for something like that, but this is a prime "chill with podcasts/youtubes" kinda game. Just crank down the volume and listen to something fun?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Color Printer posted:

My buddy just got Colton and the difference between their starting houses and my first villagers’ was striking.

Hell, Bam was living with a sleeping bag and a small table until a few days ago while Colton moves in and has a grand piano, fireplace, majestic columns lining his walls — some 1% poo poo here :haw:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wish I could do this with the same tile set they end up connecting if I do.

Or maybe I should double down?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Do you unlock any additional shops after Mabel's? I know New Leaf had the Kicks shoe store and ReTail to name a couple that I haven't seen yet.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

:siren: Heads up: C.J. is in my town today buying fish for 1.5x bells, and issuing a challenge of catching three fish in a row for a prize. Also, if you give him 3 of a particular fish, he'll give you some sort of replica of that fish? Haven't had a chance to try that yet. My daughter is playing for another hour or two and then I'll be opening my town up until evening, so prep your fish and I'll quote this post when I open the gate.

Another goon said you might not be able to sell fish to C.J. on another island. Well, Chilltopia is open anyway if you want to try and do whatever! I'll be having lunch and running around and then afk for a good while, come through. Very much a work in progress still and there's random stuff all over the place.

90GLX

C.J. was by the campsite to the east last I checked.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 3, 2020

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1246120886471520256

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Or maybe I should double down?

This looks pretty cool actually

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Martytoof posted:

My buddy just got Colton and the difference between their starting houses and my first villagers’ was striking.

Hell, Bam was living with a sleeping bag and a small table until a few days ago while Colton moves in and has a grand piano, fireplace, majestic columns lining his walls — some 1% poo poo here :haw:

The thing I hate about this is that after the starter villagers upgraded and got themselves actual beds and lights they then dumped their old camping equipment on me. I don't want any of this either. :mad:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So are the villager house plots a different size than your house plot? I placed my house, put a fence around it, and then moved it. Then I got a new villager and tried to put their plot in the old fenced-in area, and couldn't get it to line up with the entry gate. I think your house is 5x3 and theirs are 4x3?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shere posted:

Do you unlock any additional shops after Mabel's? I know New Leaf had the Kicks shoe store and ReTail to name a couple that I haven't seen yet.

kicks shows up as a visitor like savannah or flick, i don't think he sets up a permanent store though

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The rich get richer in Lahan as Ankha moved in and immediately started DIYing gold poo poo, so as not to be outshone by Lopez making gold poo poo.

Golden Dishes! Get them for your kitchen! Come bother Ankha here in Lahan until she gets tired of making them.

G6TKN

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Shere posted:

Doesn't sound like it. The way the map screen is formatted the current facilities fill the space neatly, granted that's not really the best confirmation, but with all the time travelers I feel like we would have heard of more shops by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

:(
I'd hate to miss out for something like that, but this is a prime "chill with podcasts/youtubes" kinda game. Just crank down the volume and listen to something fun?
yeah, that's a great idea! I'm not gonna let this ruin the game for me, it's just frustrating :shobon: