Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sorry for the double post but can we talk about Claire's heel turn and insane sweater in this episode please? No one in my house understands why I'm laughing so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VrsmahNcfI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you're talking about the most recent coffee video, Sohla is, once again, the best thing about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yssNu8Eynb8

Oh, no I haven't watched that. I was just watching some older episodes of It's Alive from before I found the BA channel.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sorry for the double post but can we talk about Claire's heel turn and insane sweater in this episode please? No one in my house understands why I'm laughing so hard.

Needs more Sohla.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Sohla brings balance to the Brad.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Wow coffee nerds sure are a thing

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ok it's not just me. I watched his late night Dan Dan Noodle video and it was terrible.

I thought "late night" was a play on words and meant he was drunk.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh he is for sure drunk in a lot of those, I think he admits it in the comments a few times, too.

The gopro videos he's been doing this week have been kinda entertaining though in some of them there are definitely way too many dishes for just throwing something quick together. Then again I'm guilty of that kind of thing myself at home and I always regret it as soon as I'm done eating and feel compelled to make sure I have a clean sink.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

.Z. posted:

Needs more Sohla.

God I love the mix up, seriously. Have more chefs try Gourmet Makes and freak out.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

flashy_mcflash posted:

That may be one of my favorite BA videos yet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's the first Gourmet Makes where I've never even heard of the product (I don't think they have them in Canada) but I laughed through the whole thing. Chris and Brad are a fantastic team.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Sohla's cold irish coffee looks delicious

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's the first Gourmet Makes where I've never even heard of the product (I don't think they have them in Canada) but I laughed through the whole thing. Chris and Brad are a fantastic team.

Down in the states it’s the kinda candy you’d get when your bill comes at a restaurant. Haven’t seen that happen in a while, though.

It is also definitely grandma candy like they mention.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fartington Butts posted:

Down in the states it’s the kinda candy you’d get when your bill comes at a restaurant. Haven’t seen that happen in a while, though.

It is also definitely grandma candy like they mention.

Ohhhh you know what, I think I remember restaurants having these with the bill when I was a kid in the 80's but I've never seen or even thought of them since then. They were kind of repulsive but I dislike chocolate mint at the best of times.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Grem posted:

God I love the mix up, seriously. Have more chefs try Gourmet Makes and freak out.

Sohla and Priya Gourment Makes

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

.Z. posted:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

.Z. posted:

The video says they're making Gourmet Gobstoppers but actually they decide to make Aloo Lacha instead.

A family member is consulted for a recipe.

This recipe isn't followed even once.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Tzarnal posted:

The video says they're making Gourmet Gobstoppers but actually they decide to make Aloo Lacha instead.

A family member is consulted for a recipe.

This recipe isn't followed even once.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The back to back chef with Andrew Rea and Molly is fuckin’ hilarious. It’s almost a parody of it. They also mention it’s a “April 1st episode” so that explains the change ups.

I’d link it, but I’m phonepostin’. I hope they’ll continue posting some other host changes.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Fartington Butts posted:

The back to back chef with Andrew Rea and Molly is fuckin’ hilarious. It’s almost a parody of it. They also mention it’s a “April 1st episode” so that explains the change ups.

I’d link it, but I’m phonepostin’. I hope they’ll continue posting some other host changes.

I love Babish but his personality always seems so forced/awkward when he's in the BA test kitchen. I don't know if it's because he's nervous, or what, but I much prefer him on his own show(s).

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I love any video that's just Babish being put in a space with actual chefs. Even when he did his collab with Josh Weissman, the difference between him and people who've professionally cheffed is delightful.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
He's not a professional chef? Then what's with the chef tatts?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

droll posted:

He's not a professional chef? Then what's with the chef tatts?
He makes his living cooking and centered around food, but he's really open that he's never worked in a restaurant really and he got into this job from a background in marketing. The tattoos, I believe, are because tattoos are fun and cool to get and you do not need to provide employment paperwork to a tattoo artist.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
So he's a douche bag with chef tatts despite not being a chef. Got it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

He likes cooking, earns his living from cooking, and has some cooking tattoos. Seems fair to me.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Babish seems really monotone and boring compared to the BA staff. Different strokes I guess :shrug:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

He likes cooking, earns his living from cooking, and has some cooking tattoos. Seems fair to me.
Yeah, exactly. He seems like a cool dude, and I appreciate how he tends to make videos that are super approachable for all levels of cook. Also, gently caress gatekeeping and gatekeepers~

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

kloa posted:

Babish seems really monotone and boring compared to the BA staff. Different strokes I guess :shrug:

He also has really amateur technique. Watching him work with a knife is super cringe. I didn't realize he hadn't actually worked a line before lol but now it all makes sense

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

droll posted:

So he's a douche bag with chef tatts despite not being a chef. Got it.

Stolen valour but chefs?

Come on, man.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So dude shows up with a pig butchering diagram tatted on his arm so I ask "Where did you stage?" and he just looks at me, no idea what I'm even asking.

Yeah we taught him a thing or two out back.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So dude shows up with a pig butchering diagram tatted on his arm so I ask "Where did you stage?" and he just looks at me, no idea what I'm even asking.

Yeah we taught him a thing or two out back.

Majority of people reading this thread read 'stage' and pronounced it in their head like a broadway theater stage. This group overlaps with the ones defending some rich youtuber theyve never met when another stranger makes fun of his douche tatts.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

droll posted:

He also has really amateur technique. Watching him work with a knife is super cringe. I didn't realize he hadn't actually worked a line before lol but now it all makes sense

Who could possibly care the dude re-creates magical sandwiches from Harry Potter movies on the internet or whatever

I am pretty sure not everyone from BA has worked a line as well.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

flashy_mcflash posted:

Molly I'm betting.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Noooooo! You can't just get tattoos showing your love of cooking if you haven't worked your way up through a restaurant! You have to start by bussing tables during high school, moving to a line cook as your summer job, before going through culinary school and a series of demeaning jobs in various restaurants before you earn the title Chef and all the decorations that come with it noooooo

haha tattoo machine go bzzzzt

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

droll posted:

Majority of people reading this thread read 'stage' and pronounced it in their head like a broadway theater stage. This group overlaps with the ones defending some rich youtuber theyve never met when another stranger makes fun of his douche tatts.

Are you telling me that people reading a thread about food entertainment on the internet might not all be chefs?

C'mon man. People who aren't chefs can still care about and enjoy cooking. You aren't a proctologist and still seem to be overly invested in assholery.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

flashy_mcflash posted:

They talked about that in their Q&A at the 92nd Street Y, and I think the ones who haven't are Delaney, Gabby, and Priya, but I might be confusing that with the list of who didn't go to culinary school.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Trabant posted:

Noooooo! You can't just get tattoos showing your love of cooking if you haven't worked your way up through a restaurant! You have to start by bussing tables during high school, moving to a line cook as your summer job, before going through culinary school and a series of demeaning jobs in various restaurants before you earn the title Chef and all the decorations that come with it noooooo

haha tattoo machine go bzzzzt

this but unironically

kru
Oct 5, 2003

droll posted:

Molly I'm betting.

You'd be extremely wrong

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Y'all getting triggered is funnier than his doucebag tatts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Puppetmaster, ya hate to see it in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Claire did an episode of "it's alive" and she is in heaven. It is delightful seeing her get the honzi graphics. I'm phone posting so I cant embed it easily, but it is worth a watch.