Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rad-daddio posted:

lol that has to be a trash fire by now.

My High School GF and I stayed in touch for about 10 years after High School and she dated a much older man for a couple years and that includes living with him and his 15-16 year old son. I just couldn’t imagine having to go through puberty and teenage hormones and the psychological transmorphosis of teen sexuality when your dad’s hot blonde GF is literally only 5-6 years older than you, walking around in her underwear and having loud sex in the room above yours. Like you both probably listen to some of the same music, etc.

That relationship ended super poorly but the entire thing was such a poo poo show, and I’m in being honest, really colored my perception of deeply age-imbalanced relationships, and as a result I’m pretty opposed to them personally, even if I acknowledge that it’s possible to be in a healthy one I’ve never seen a healthy IRL and am not sure what it would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Healthy age-gap relationships are like, both of them are so old it doesn't really matter. The time dilates the younger you are, so as teenagers even a 1-year difference can be hosed. Higher up you have the creepy 35+ year olds going for the college age girls but a 3-5 year gap is probably fine at this point. Then at the extreme range are the old people where who gives a gently caress, he's 70 and I'm 85 but we've both put our first spouses in the ground so gently caress it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think once both people are over the age of 30 it's in the "who gives a gently caress" category for me. 32 year old dating an 80 year old? Well that's weird, but who gives a gently caress?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

My High School GF and I stayed in touch for about 10 years after High School and she dated a much older man for a couple years and that includes living with him and his 15-16 year old son. I just couldn’t imagine having to go through puberty and teenage hormones and the psychological transmorphosis of teen sexuality when your dad’s hot blonde GF is literally only 5-6 years older than you, walking around in her underwear and having loud sex in the room above yours. Like you both probably listen to some of the same music, etc.

That relationship ended super poorly but the entire thing was such a poo poo show, and I’m in being honest, really colored my perception of deeply age-imbalanced relationships, and as a result I’m pretty opposed to them personally, even if I acknowledge that it’s possible to be in a healthy one I’ve never seen a healthy IRL and am not sure what it would look like.

I get it.

My wife works with a guy who is 50 years old, but he somehow ended up dating a literal high school girl(18 years old) that was only about two years older than his oldest son.

1. they got married
2. she's pregnant with his child
3. she's pissed off at the guy's oldest son, since he refuses to show her any respect. They also had a few classes together back in HS.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think once both people are over the age of 30 it's in the "who gives a gently caress" category for me. 32 year old dating an 80 year old? Well that's weird, but who gives a gently caress?

society does

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah I should clarify I basically also believe that. It’s the murky 18-26 age range where it’s like “ok your 22, he’s 50...” where it’s just like, uh, what is going on with this 50 year old man that he only wants to hang out with people 30 years younger than him? What could he possibly be getting from a 20 year old emotionally, psychologically, that at 50 they cannot provide for themselves? If anyone could ever once just admit straight up “it’s the sex, OP, having sex with hot 20 year olds is more fun than having sex with 50 year old divorcees like me.” I’d probably respect the game more, but they always try to paint it as Star-Crossed Lovers through time and it’s always BS.

It makes more sense from the younger person’s point of view, especially when you factor in things like inexperience and excitement over feeling mature and engaging to older people, but it’s just always been so transparently about the older guy wanting to gently caress a young hot person because they feel old and it makes you feel young.

I wouldn’t bat a single eyelash at a 32 year old and a 52 year old, because at 32 you’ve lived a lot of life. I know 26 year olds that still ask their parents to pay their bills for them. Remember anyone younger than 25 literally isn’t done growing yet

Edit: LMAO Rad-Dad If one of my 40-50 year old friends bragged about smashing a High School Senior I’d literally stop hanging out with them forever and probably call the school.

EDIT: “You better show me some respect, Warren! I’m loving your dad now!”

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 26, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Society is a jerk about a lot of things though. Like, why can't I clip my toenails on a plane?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife and I have a 4.5-year age gap, we met when she was an undergrad and I was in grad school, and we're doing just fine v:v:v

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My GF is 26, and at 31 I was the youngest guy she’d dated in years. Her ex before me is like 40+ and her a boyfriend before that was some rich 50 year old doctor. It’s just bizarre, I dated a 40 year old when I was 28 and she was the least mature person I’ve ever been with. There really isn’t a great rubric, available, besides of course “1. 18+ 2. Half your age +7”

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah the half your age plus 7 rule (with the corollary that if you're younger than 14 it's not real dating anyway) with the added common-sense rule of "<18 and >18 don't mix" seems to be good enough AFAICT

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I miss the old short confessions that are literally just "killed (x) and got away with it"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

Society is a jerk about a lot of things though. Like, why can't I clip my toenails on a plane?!

Why should I buy Q-tips when my car keys work just as well :shrug:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Why isn't my dick growing back.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

promising carl posted:

I think my fave is still GET REAL BEEFY BITCH.

......I've never had a single problem using a public bathroom since I read that story.

The power is real.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

Everyone knows you have to keep trimming it to get it to grow back quicker. Try cutting it off again. Moron.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Azza Bamboo posted:

Did you use a sharp knife or a serrated knife? You need a rough edge to trigger growth. If you hosed up and went smooth you can try sandpapering your nub. Coarse grain obvs.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Every time you cut off an extremity, it grows back a little bigger. Consider your nails and hair and tumors

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

society does

if by "society" you mean "people who let their personal ick factor dictate morality", then yes

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SubnormalityStairs posted:

if by "society" you mean "people who let their personal ick factor dictate morality", then yes

that is actually a pretty fair working definition of "society," soooooo....

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Murder? Ugh you prude :rolleyes:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Anime avatar going to the mat for big age gaps in relationships huh. I'm not taking the bait, that's a little too obvious for me

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lol how young were they?

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

that is actually a pretty fair working definition of "society," soooooo....

soooooo... that's the reason why same-sex marriage only became legal within our lifetimes.

Rad-daddio posted:

lol how young were they?

32 and 80, can't you read the post you responded to?

Tinestram fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 3, 2020

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

soooooo... that's the reason why same-sex marriage only became legal within our lifetimes.

D:

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

you disagree that homosexuality was illegal due to morality being dictated by personal ick factor?

am I saying something controversial here? Or am I just not explaining my position very well?

edit: to put it another way... the point I'm trying to make here is that lots of morally-neutral things like homosexuality and large age differences between otherwise legally consenting adults have historically been deemed immoral based on nothing more than being what some people considered to be 'gross'.

Tinestram fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 3, 2020

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

you disagree that homosexuality was illegal due to morality being dictated by personal ick factor?

am I saying something controversial here? Or am I just not explaining my position very well?

edit: to put it another way... the point I'm trying to make here is that lots of morally-neutral things like homosexuality and large age differences between otherwise legally consenting adults have historically been deemed immoral based on nothing more than being what some people considered to be 'gross'.

The illegality is based on somewhat modern (if you take into account the history of civilization) strictly conservative interpretation of Christian-esque religious orders. Yadda yadda "an abomination" but so are my cotton-linen blend golf shorts. Not so much an ick-factor but because people believed (read were told) they were being commanded by their deity that it's a no-no. Those of us who can read and think for ourselves have reverted back to the pre-quaker logic of "ok, that's cool. whatever makes you happy."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*locks door and moves all the furniture to the edges of the room and throws a knife into the center of the floor

"No one's leaving here until we all agree I can gently caress a 14 year old!"

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

32 and 80, can't you read the post you responded to?

I was referring to you specifically. Your response to the age difference thing seemed like a knee jerk reaction to someone judging you in the past.

I don't care what/who anyone does, as long as all parties consent and are of legal age in their current territory of residence.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

*locks door and moves all the furniture to the edges of the room and throws a knife into the center of the floor

lol

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I thought these were supposed to be anonymous

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

I was referring to you specifically. Your response to the age difference thing seemed like a knee jerk reaction to someone judging you in the past.

I don't care what/who anyone does, as long as all parties consent and are of legal age in their current territory of residence.

Not at all, I've never been in that position. But judging a relationship between a 32-yo and an 80-yo is some heinous bullshit that I absolutely will call out every time I see it.

Also, not to be overly argumentative, but assuming that a person is party to a morally-neutral condition because they defended it is also a knee-jerk reaction. See: the various rights movements over the years (ie. "you some kinda n*-lover/homo/etc?"). Somebody doesn't need to be part of a marginalized group to defend them.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Some of these confessions can be a real honey pot.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Society has been in decline since Queen Victoria took the throne. To allow one another to bare our ankles was a mistake and we should return to virtue lest we burn in hell forever.

Children should be seen and neither heard nor fondled.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 3, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a 32 year old dating an 80 year old is gross, who cares if it's legal. one person is in the prime of their life and the other is at the end. they aren't suited for each other.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Loq, please derail this with fresh feshes

necroid
May 14, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

lmao

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

a 32 year old dating an 80 year old is gross, who cares if it's legal. one person is in the prime of their life and the other is at the end. they aren't suited for each other.

Is it ok if the 32-yo is terminally ill? If not, then the "prime of their life" argument is bullshit, and something you made up because you're rationalizing your "its gross" judgment.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Is it ok if the 32-yo is terminally ill? If not, then the "prime of their life" argument is bullshit, and something you made up because you're rationalizing your "its gross" judgment.

Y’know how when you’re a teenager you think turning 18 means you’re an adult, but then you turn 21 and you find talking to 18 year olds painful because they are basically infants? And you know this process tends to repeat itself at 25, and again at like 30... well it happens again at 50, and again at 80. An 80 year old that has their mind sharp and memory on task would be able to relate to a 30 year old about as well as a 30 year old could relate to a 15 year old, in terms of life experience.

That just seems like an extremely imbalanced relationship to me, and relationships grounded on imbalanced foundations tend to be unhealthy. This coming from the standpoint of psychology, and I understand that everyone is a snowflake and star crossed lovers can exist, but typically asymmetrical relationships get toxic.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know when a thread needs content

quote:

Hi SA Feshes,

I got my dick pierced a week ago, and it's loving awesome. I'm totally tooting my own here (pun intentional), and just want to provide the goons with evidence that you can do dick related stuff that's totally satisfying that doesn't require straight up cutting it off!

Later!

Not a lot to this one but I wanted to post it because
a) gonna need some more info about what makes this "loving awesome" because all I can think of is it making both participants in sex extremely uncomfortable
and
b) lol at the idea of trying to think of dick related stuff you can do that doesn't require cutting it off and coming up with getting it pierced before, y'know, loving, or peeing even

quote:

My already strained relationship with my 72 yo mother was further stressed this weekend when I visited Friday night and she got so drunk on wine that she poo poo all over the carpet when changing for bed and collapsed. I found her rolling in it after investigating the thud sound. I had to drag her to the goddamned shower and hold her up while cleaning her, during which she poo poo again, on me. I finally got her, myself, and the house cleaned up and her put to bed around 1am. I left this morning without a word exchanged.

I guess the confession part is that I really wish she would take drinking herself to death a little more seriously, and step it up a notch.

I think maybe calling an ambulance and leaving once they showed up would have been called for here

I dunno my mom isn't quite that old yet but I'm trying to imagine cleaning up after her if she poo poo all over her own house and I don't think I would do that
and I don't even consider my relationship with her strained

Those were p short so here's a third

quote:

I dunno what my last codephrase was I think it was something v similar to the subject. I'm the goon who found a slack channel at work for everyone to shittalk about me. Here's a story about the guy who was so fuckin pleased to finally have one central place to mock me instead of multiple dm threads, I knew him decades and he was my "friend."

Yeah so I don't remember where I let off last time but I obviously quit and stopped hanging out with any of them. Out of nowhere late last year this chick who also used to work there texted me wanting to get back in touch after like 4 years. I was really surprised and actually kind of flattered because I always thought she'd be Serious GF Material, but it never happened. Chick was not part of the slack thing.

So she shows up with the dude, in older days he always gave her a ride. We start hanging out roughly weekly and talking and stuff. She's really flakey though, always was psyched when she's been drinking but enthusiasm for anything evaporates when she sobers up. One night she gets absolutely shitfaced and tells me she loves me. I say it back but I couldn't make myself go home with her like this, she was pretty hurt. I hated it, but she was trashed, totally trashed.

After this it all tapers off hard and they obviously start loving. Well, not like either came out and said it, but I'd be amazed if they weren't. Maybe I go once a month if I get invited, mostly to keep tabs. This last time she brought some old friend and he was like "man you better put a ring on it" and dude looks at her and is like "yeah we aren't going to be doing that." Because you see, he's already married. Was before he ever met this chick.

He fuckin hates his mother for what she did to his dad and lol he's got the exact same playbook. She's his type, but not for anything I liked about her, he always went for vulnerable chicks he can lever, she's got fairly bad self esteem. I almost feel bad for her because this dude is entirely self oriented and sort of cares about people but will absolutely throw them in the trash if they get in the way of his appetites, and she could have an actual BF she can be out with openly imo. I wonder if his wife cares or not cause they are not discreet even if they think they are, and I can't see it staying under wraps. His wife's bad at knowing if she's being cheated on tho, her last guy was banging all over the place.

It's kind of sad-funny to me, I'll keep you guys posted if it blows up. I don't plan on putting any effort into hanging with these people, I'm not gonna be a cover for this poo poo and it's not like either want to be friends with me or anything. I wonder if the chick knows he's thrown her under the bus and lied to her face before. I wonder if he even thinks of it like that. It's a morbid curiosity. Maybe I dodged a bullet on this one, I'd rather date no one or have a real rear end relationship with someone I can trust. I wonder if he'll get wind of this fesh, I'm 99% sure he's got an account.

This one is more uplifting than usual because the confessor isn't an active participant in the trainwreck but simply has a perfect vantage point from which to observe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Loquacious, depending on what part of the dick you get pierced or how many of them you have it can feel super amazing for both people. You ever notice how not every dildo is shaped like a human penis and some of them are covered in like funny bumps and stuff?

I got mine pierced twice about six years ago and I wouldn’t ever imagine taking them out. Every woman I’ve been serious with since I got them usually asks to try “classic Bust Rodd” once but they always ask me to put them back in.