Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Verbose posted:

So the way it works is that only two skills can be maxed past 200 right? Is stuff below that still useful? Like would you take tinkering past 200 or is the moneymaking stuff below that

Saying 'two skills' is slightly misleading.

Tinkering, Poison Making, and Alchemy can be leveled past 200 without affecting the seven 'core' tradeskills. You can also level one of those seven tradeskills beyond 200 until you get the New Taanan Crafting AAs in Planes of Power which will uncap all of them.

Research is a weird beast in that I believe some archetypes (melee, hybrid, priest) have it capped until something like Omens of War unlocks some AAs, but research is only really worth anything in vanilla anyways due to the changes to it. If you're one of the minority that actually plays until DoN or later, it starts doing some other things that are useful in-era (for instance, there is a required metal enchant for the Underfoot Shawl 2.0 that has to be researched).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are any goons still playing this? I’m thinking of playing since I’m bored out of my mind at home all day every day.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

RCarr posted:

Are any goons still playing this? I’m thinking of playing since I’m bored out of my mind at home all day every day.

I am part of a group whos getting ready to play in the next TLP. Let me know if you want an invite to our discord.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I just started playing again on CT after having not played for almost 10 years. I’ve never played on a progression server, so I’ll probably see what that’s like when the next one goes up too.

My Shaman was created in April of ‘99. Thats crazy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

PyRosflam posted:

I am part of a group whos getting ready to play in the next TLP. Let me know if you want an invite to our discord.

Yea that would be sweet. When does the next TLP drop?

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007

RCarr posted:

https://discord.gg/CUNgPz

Say hi in general and tell them Glass sent you.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

PyRosflam posted:

Which group is this? I’m not super excited to do another progression with Dima again, but I want to get in on it.

Also, are you guys going truebox or non-truebox?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

No confirmed date but the consensus is June I believe.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007

koreban posted:

Which group is this? I’m not super excited to do another progression with Dima again, but I want to get in on it.

Also, are you guys going truebox or non-truebox?

We're just organizing right now. Truebox server.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
I'd be down for this. I want to give paladin a try this time.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
You guys can hop on our discord and say hello :)

https://discord.gg/67ySG3

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

RCarr posted:

I am playing on mangler. If you want to raid hit me up.

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

Happy Hedonist posted:

I just started playing again on CT after having not played for almost 10 years. I’ve never played on a progression server, so I’ll probably see what that’s like when the next one goes up too.

My Shaman was created in April of ‘99. Thats crazy.

I played on CT back in the day also! I was in divine alliance for a while if you remember that guild.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doctor Party posted:

I am playing on mangler. If you want to raid hit me up.

Sounds good! What’s your name in game?

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

RCarr posted:

Sounds good! What’s your name in game?

Kygo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

RCarr posted:

Boxing on Test, leveling up heroic characters right now

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What’s the serverwide goon channel? I thought it was serverwide.goons:lljk but it says the password is wrong

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
pw was fygm last i used it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

pw was fygm last i used it

Says that’s incorrect also

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

RCarr posted:

What’s the serverwide goon channel? I thought it was serverwide.goons:lljk but it says the password is wrong

It's serverwide.gchat:fygm

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Playing this cursed game on Mangler as an 54 enchanter named Librarian. Down to hunt and die at some stupid locations like Dragon Necropolis with anybody else on the server.

Don't think I'll be messing with the new servers unless they do something really interesting. I can't stand classic/kunark on TLPs anymore, everything is crowded and annoying, the raid content is just nothingness and overall loot is very boring. Also the botting is hilariously out of control (that stays true through at least PoP though). I have to believe they will address it on the new truebox server at least a token way that will be instantly defeated by the krono sellers.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Apparently they're dropping the paywall on TLP's until May 8th, so I guess if you've wanted to see how Mangler is doing before the new server comes out you can do so.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Indecisive posted:

Apparently they're dropping the paywall on TLP's until May 8th, so I guess if you've wanted to see how Mangler is doing before the new server comes out you can do so.

lol I literally paid for a month sub less than a week ago. I guess I can gently caress around and box now though.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Indecisive posted:

Oh snappppp. Maybe I’ll come back haha

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Would SK/Sham/Zerk be a good trio to run on FV?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

sk shm zerk would absolutely destroy the entire group game, you could 3box everything in tov

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Oh really? Sounds good enough to me then.

Should I be running a cleric merc also or would 3 wiz mercs be better?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'd run a clr merc until you get the hang of boxing a shm then bust out 3 rogue mercs, but I don't know if they finally buffed wizzy mercs to be worth using in the past like 4 months, last time I seriously played the rogue mercs were doing decent damage while wizzy mercs were doing like "just hit 105 no eok gear or aa" damage

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

does anyone have numbers for the new SK dots on test? I really don't want to re-download the test client to check but I feel like from how people are talking about it this might screw up my strategy of "dot stuff instead of actually casting aggro spells, spam lifetaps" by running me oom after 3 mobs

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I sure picked a great time to restart playing. Are the patches been like this recently or is it just due to the server merge preparations?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zil posted:

I sure picked a great time to restart playing. Are the patches been like this recently or is it just due to the server merge preparations?

This is abnormally bad. Apparently a lot of what's going on is related to some housing migration.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
I was thinking about coming back. What problems are you talking about?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

There's a few servers that keep crashing and in the past 72 hours I think the servers have been locked for almost 24 due to database issues

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea they’ve had some server issues the last couple days but this is not common and shouldn’t have any effect on whether you play EQ or not.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I haven't played EQ in ages, but still have my accounts on test.

But since this thread seems fairly active, I figured that I'd ask here if anyone has a link to that one old SA thread about the unsolved quests in EQ where a dev discussed the spawn mechanics in the Desert of Ro and I think the original Fiery Avenger quest was also mentioned?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
If nothing else, I know some of those findings did get posted to the ancient cyclops page on allakhazam, just might have to dig back quite a ways. I found it several years back when I was playing on whatever TLp was before coirnav. It was still valid for spawning on TLPs and was a pretty cool read.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The only threads about EQ I can remember in the last couple years are this one, the P99 thread and then there a couple in GBS, but it's probably archived now.

e: well I went looking for a few but I give up

suuma fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 21, 2020

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Escape_GOAT posted:

unsolved quests in EQ

*broken and unfinished

I don't think anything that was actually implemented fully and correctly was unsolved.

It was pretty neat though, when someone figured out "recently" how to finish some quest in The Hole I think (NPC was supposed to spawn every night in-game and depop, but due to a bug, only spawned on server up, so went unfinished for over a decade). Then the devs also finished up a batch of old Kunark quests that were half finished.

Plus like...in 2016 or so, they started tagging items "Quest", and a lot of vanilla items ended up getting that tag. We didn't know what unfinished quest a lot of those items are used in, like Naggy / Vox loot, but then in summer 2017 they finished some Velious quests that took them.

It's been a pretty neat ride.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Yeah that has been cool to see. I went ahead and got the kunark archaeologist title for one of the items on Mangler. Never turned off that title soon as I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Is luclin still the server everyone is on?