Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The German version almost definitely has the English track in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy mother of gently caress that final trailer :stare:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I watched half of that trailer before reaching the conclusion that it's basically all of the major cutscenes in the game - why would they release that, why.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm all about that hell house

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

stev posted:

I watched half of that trailer before reaching the conclusion that it's basically all of the major cutscenes in the game - why would they release that, why.

They added so many things and new characters, I had no loving idea what 75% of the trailer was from

Hype levels at critical mass

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That trailer seems spoilery as gently caress. Add it to the long line of trailers showing way too much I guess.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

HELHAUS

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
oh boy some of these spoilers...

e: in the trailer I mean

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Does the trailer really have spoilers if you don't know the plot? I would imagine 99% of us here played the original so we are inferring a whole lot. I showed it to someone who never played the original and it looked like a bunch of high quality goofy/serious action to them.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just got a push notification about it being ready for pre-load. Hopefully this is in prep for releasing outright this weekend.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
A lot of the textures either suck or won't load. There's a few scenes in a small room that has a Dreamcast-rear end looking door. I wonder if they're going to leave it like this or the day one patch will fix it.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just got a push notification about it being ready for pre-load. Hopefully this is in prep for releasing outright this weekend.

Early preload on Friday (today) due to the plague was announced well in advance

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

stev posted:

I tried to warn everyone.... At least I only watched it once and there was so much happening that I've already forgotten all of the specifics.

Except Hell House.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Sapozhnik posted:

Early preload on Friday (today) due to the plague was announced well in advance

Yeah they're not releasing it early anywhere else. But they SHOULD.

I have to say though with the 100 GB install I'm about to cancel my physical preorder. What the hell is the point.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

release it cowards

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Schwartzcough posted:

I tried to warn everyone.... At least I only watched it once and there was so much happening that I've already forgotten all of the specifics.

Except Hell House.

:same:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Med School posted:

In the last trailer Red 13 calls Barret a 300 lb. sack of poo poo!

Also like the little bit of VA where Barret is talking to Marlene. He is different when he doesn’t have the “fearsome leader” act in full swing.

I actually laughed at that. I hope there's some legitimate comedy in this.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Does the trailer really have spoilers if you don't know the plot? I would imagine 99% of us here played the original so we are inferring a whole lot. I showed it to someone who never played the original and it looked like a bunch of high quality goofy/serious action to them.

For someone who knows the plot it has a bunch of spoilers, but for someone who doesn't there are still a few, like Sephiroth stabbing Barret is something that seems pretty spoilery no matter if you know the original story or not.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

stev posted:

Games sold within the EU generally have all EU languages included.

Or at least they used to I don't know how it works these days.

Well then, I wonder if I can cancel my digital pre-order after I've already installed the theme and started pre-loading it...probably not...

I don't think any German retailers are open, anyway. And I haven't heard anything about them breaking street date at all.

Are PS4 games region locked? I have an NA PS4

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
Got my copy delivered today.

I'm up the the bit where you get Error CE-30005-8 when trying to install the bastard.

FML.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Xillah posted:

I'm up the the bit where you get Error CE-30005-8 when trying to install the bastard.

FML.

That was my favorite part of the original.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Please mock this fool who put down a full pre order from GameStop that's pretty much never gonna re-open. Can I even get a refund? I'm buying it on PSN regardless.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

HD DAD posted:

That was my favorite part of the original.
I'll be dodging lock down and going to my mother's for the kid's ps4 (he has one at home and one there) tomorrow if I don't crack this tonight.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Xillah posted:

FML.

Doesn't that generally mean your HDD is dying if you keep getting it?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

With all the spoilers out there apparently changing the game's plot significantly, how weird is this going to be for someone who never played the original?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I suspect it would be weirder if you played the game once 23 years ago and then forgot or half-remembered all the plot details since then as you'll be constantly second-guessing yourself.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I’m so glad this is the path we’re going down. Whether it lands or flops, this is much more interesting.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I hope it’s bizarre. Weird as poo poo, completely disorienting and changed at random from the original. Only then will the experience of playing the original for the first time be accurately duplicated.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
A lot of this game is looking like it deviates a lot from the original. I wonder if this will be some kind of alternate story?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's that poo poo I said months ago where Sephiroth or ~the Lifestream~ or something is aware of how things are meant to go and is going to work against it and we're going to be getting weird with it

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

GoGoGadget posted:

Doesn't that generally mean your HDD is dying if you keep getting it?

It could indeed. Been meaning to stick a new one in anyway, Covid-19 means I'm not doing that for a while though.

Just keep freeing up more space and a lot and rebuillding the database.

Edit: "knew one" FFS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would changes to a story you don't know be weird?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Halfway through the game we're suddenly going to be Advent Children-ing this poo poo, and Barrett will become one of Cloud's 15 swords or whatever

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Halfway through the game we're suddenly going to be Advent Children-ing this poo poo, and Barrett will become one of Cloud's 15 swords or whatever

Omnislash is now Infinite Barrett Works.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Super No Vacancy posted:

why would changes to a story you don't know be weird?

Well like imagine you were watching the Marvel movies for the first time only for some reason your copy has all the scenes from the time travel parts of Endgame edited in at random so you're following along and ostensibly enjoying the already kinda messy and convoluted story of Iron Man and friends when suddenly multiple future versions of each character show up and start offhandedly mentioning future events with no context to make it twice as convoluted with little to no explanation

It might put you off a little bit is what I'm saying

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok yes, if you assume the story changes are incomprehensible then changing the story could be confusing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Don't watch the trailer. I haven't watched it and the game is better with no knowledge. I'll probably finish it today or tomorrow because I'm locked in the house lol.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Wolfsheim posted:

Well like imagine you were watching the Marvel movies for the first time only for some reason your copy has all the scenes from the time travel parts of Endgame edited in at random so you're following along and ostensibly enjoying the already kinda messy and convoluted story of Iron Man and friends when suddenly multiple future versions of each character show up and start offhandedly mentioning future events with no context to make it twice as convoluted with little to no explanation

It might put you off a little bit is what I'm saying

So basically it's like Chrono Cross is what you're saying

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

6 hours after my first attempt it finally installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Man you guys that already have the game are lucky bastards :negative: