Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kinda feels like a third of the design budget went into the museum. it's neat. but maybe not ideal considering once you've seen one complete museum you've seen them all and there are only like three other buildings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Shere posted:

Yeah I'll be honest. I mass-donated exactly once when everything was new and regretted it right after. Since I'm not in a rush to be bored, I've listened to all of Blather's lines for anything new I find (though sometimes I'm frustrated by not being able to remember if I've already heard the blurb about a specific dinosaur from turning in another part before)

I’ve adopted the strategy of only initiating the fossil lectures when I complete something, or when it’s a single-piece fossil (pretty easy to tell IMO).

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Keep talking to them and you can play again. I don't know why

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You can keep replaying the minigame over and over again until you win.

Thank you! For some reason she just kept playing games with me for furniture and clothes. When I came back, she started playing for moving in. Still took me 5 rounds of red or black to get her despite picking the same color every time.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Super No Vacancy posted:

kinda feels like a third of the design budget went into the museum. it's neat. but maybe not ideal considering once you've seen one complete museum you've seen them all and there are only like three other buildings

In my clearly unbiased opinion, I disagree.

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

So I think the villagers whistle/sing whatever song K.K.played for you for the next week.

My town has been singing this and it's pretty creepy.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Is there no way to re-listen to Blathers's descriptions? I've mass-donated several times and just assumed it would be possible.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think you might have to bring it to him again and pick the "tell me about this!" option but I've never tried it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Pirate Captain posted:

Is there no way to re-listen to Blathers's descriptions? I've mass-donated several times and just assumed it would be possible.

Get a duplicate of what you donated and ask him to 'tell me about this'

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Does anyone have a spare recipe for Ironwood Dresser or Cutting Board?

I've got the Ironwood Kitchenette as my hot item which is BIG bucks, but I don't have the recipe for the sub ingredients.

I got you. Gimme about 10 mins to get on and open up.

Will update with code.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zomblified posted:

So I think the villagers whistle/sing whatever song K.K.played for you for the next week.

My town has been singing this and it's pretty creepy.

Haha awesome. I love the way the music bleeds into the rest of the game. Last night my hippo character just stood around by my creepy death shrine all evening, singing along with KK Sonata on the skull radio :kimchi:

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Violen posted:

I hope you've been listening to Blathers blather as you expand it. The clear passion the team had for the science behind everything represented and the specimens and animals themselves is palpable. They really went above and beyond making it a genuinely informative and interesting piecemeal lesson on top of the delivery mechanism being incredibly charming. There are a lot of more general inclusions focused on having an excuse to explain a fundamental concept, something I didn't expect; things like ammonites to define index fossils or how much of a treasure trove coprolites are. The fossil section in general and its depictions are really surprising and appreciated.

EDIT: Hell, Blathers has a throwaway line about the common pitfall when conceptualizing evolution of it being driven in some way when its come to the language used to describe it.

Of course, and reading it out loud to my son as well.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don't have any of the cool DIY recipes other people have. I'm trying to decorate my island but I don't have anything I want to make for it :(

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Get a duplicate of what you donated and ask him to 'tell me about this'

Cool, thanks. Now I just have to remember which ones I skipped.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

indigi posted:

I don't have any of the cool DIY recipes other people have. I'm trying to decorate my island but I don't have anything I want to make for it :(

:same:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

HaB posted:

I got you. Gimme about 10 mins to get on and open up.

Will update with code.

Woooo!!!!!!! Keep me posted, Friend!!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

indigi posted:

Is there anything you want specifically? Maybe I can make some stuff for you.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Woooo!!!!!!! Keep me posted, Friend!!

PM sent

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

The Pirate Captain posted:

Cool, thanks. Now I just have to remember which ones I skipped.

If you don't want to spend half an eternity on it, you can just google for a wiki page with the dialogue. I intend to submit everything as fast as possible and later read them in a good time.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I did not know starting a project and then canceling it also takes a whole day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CubeTheory posted:

REPORT:

I covered every tile of my entire island in flowers, except for a small area, and destroyed all the rocks not in that area. This morning when I woke up all four of my dig spots and a rock had spawned in that small area. It seems I should be able to coral all my rocks to be together this way.

This rules, thanks for doing the science!

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

I haven't got any of the sakura recipes yet - not even the one from Isabelle - and it's devastating.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

derra posted:

Of course, and reading it out loud to my son as well.
Are you reading them in some sort of funny owl voice?

Don't half-rear end this, derra

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Anybody else having issues with Sakura recipes? I’ve got most of the Egg ones, but all I have is the picnic one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Foam Monkey posted:

Anybody else having issues with Sakura recipes? I’ve got most of the Egg ones, but all I have is the picnic one.

they come from balloons

non easter balloons

good luck

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Foam Monkey posted:

What is that weird language even

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Anybody else having issues with the turnip forecaster?
I'm at my second week and I bought the turnips on my island. I had one valid trend but this PM it did not match and so I have no more valid trend...

Buy: 110

Sell prices: 71, 67, 64, 60, 57, 53, 48, 117, 121, 135 (was supposed to be 153 - 220)

Wondering if I should recoup the loss and sell some/all my turnips for the small 25 bells bell/turnip profit
I don't really have the time to dedicate for a goon island adventure tonight or tomorrow.

Olivil fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 3, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

they come from balloons

non easter balloons

good luck

normal balloon spawns are seperate from the easter ones and arent lower

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Foam Monkey posted:

I got the picnic recipe from Isabelle, one recipe from a balloon the first day and a second recipe from a balloon today, but that's it. Non-Easter balloons have been hard to come by, and most of the ones I HAVE gotten have contained clay, iron or bells instead of cherry blossom DIYs.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I popped a ton of balloons before Eggmageddon started and only got 2 or 3 bamboo recipes, so the fact that I I've only gotten one cherry blossom recipe so far is not surprising to me. Also I got a bamboo recipe in the past day or two, so those are apparently still in the drop pool for now

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the Cherry-Blossom stuff is rarer in general, but also I'm not expecting tables or anything like that.

Everything I've gotten has been decoration, and the last two things were a wand and a flower bag.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
kinda wanna play GCN animal crossing again. run around with low poly horns and dig up some gyroids.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

they come from balloons

non easter balloons

good luck

Great. I have 50 petals hoarded and nothing to use them on. I saw the set on YouTube and was figuring it couldn’t be that hard to get. :cry:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1246142803496718337?s=20

Alfonso rules already and molly might be the cutest villager ever. Protect molly.

Group j/o sesh.

This is my beautiful identification card.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
There are just as many normal balloons still, they're separate spawns from the egg balloons.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Give Me The Goddamn Recipes Nintendo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

an angry penguin posted:

I haven't got any of the sakura recipes yet - not even the one from Isabelle - and it's devastating.

wait, Isabelle is supposed to give you recipes? :ohdear:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Your Computer posted:

wait, Isabelle is supposed to give you recipes? :ohdear:

She gave me the picnic to start the month right

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Hangin at Harv’s after a long week.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is the star rating for your island determined at the start of every day, or can it fluctuate it you like put a bunch of random poo poo around outside just to see if that bumps it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I want the cherry blossom stuff, but all I've found is the wand and the wallpaper. If anyone wants me to craft them one, I can do that while the blossoms are still up.

I also want the Ironwood stuff but I've had awful luck. I have the recipe for the Kitchenette but not the prerequisite Cutting Board or Ironwood Dresser. Also, are there any good counters for a modernish kitchen in the game? I haven't seen anything yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

She gave me the picnic to start the month right

I only received the picnic today, myself. I've been logging in every day. I wonder why